Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3723471 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) (2329) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by zlatan(m): 6:41am On Oct 09, 2020
MrHistorian:
500 naira airtime up for grabs. grin

This is (strictly) for those who have seen the movie Living in Bondage ; Breaking free by Ramsey Noah.

There is a song played in this movie that I will like to know the name of the song and the artiste who sang it.

The song began playing at exactly 40 mins :40 secs of the movie and stopped at exactly 42 mins : 20 secs of the movie.

The scene the song was played was the all white party hosted by the character Richard Williams played by Ramsey Noah.

I can also help with the few lyrics of the song I'm able to get. grin

Ghost mode-Phyno ft Olamide
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 6:48am On Oct 09, 2020
IngeniousLeez:
Superhero films are going to DOMINATE 2021-2022. Prepare for empty wallets next year lol. Which are you the most excited for?

I hope superhero fatigue won't set in

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 6:58am On Oct 09, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

There is nothing like low risk in showbiz. Where money is involved, there is always a risk. Which is why it's cheaper and more financially rewarding to hire a young up-and-comer than a washed-up/has-been actor.

This comment is wrong on so many levels.

1. There is low risk investment in showbiz.
There are movies that cost $80-200 million to make whereas, there are movies that cost $10 million dollars or less.
It's a lot easier for a company to absolve a loss of $10 million as opposed to $100 million. That's way it's not uncommon for production companies to be more willing to take a risk on a low budget movies.
If it does well, good and fine. If it doesn't do well, they would not have lost much.

2. In a lot of instances, even a washed up former A list actor will have much more star power than a nobody.
Nicholas Cage has an almost cult following for his bizarre acting style and there are people who will watch a movie just because Nicholas Cage is in it.
All these B list movies that he has been staring in would have gone unnoticed if it wasn't for the star power of Nicholas Cage.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 6:59am On Oct 09, 2020
cao:
Just finished Tenet and Bill & Ted Face the Music.

2 very different films.

On cinema or did you download it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 9:39am On Oct 09, 2020
MONEY TRAIN
Just there
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 9:55am On Oct 09, 2020
Gmajor:

On cinema or did you download it?
Cinema.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2020
Tolu121:
https://torre ntgalaxy.to/
only downloaded just one animation from the link. Sgt Rock. Is it same with you?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tolu121: 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
joseph1832:
only downloaded just one animation from the link. Sgt Rock. Is it same with you?
i don't get
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2020
Tolu121:
i don't get
I downloaded the movie via the link you posted but what I found wasn't Batman, it's a 14 mins plus animation call Sgt Rock.

I asked if it's the same with you?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tolu121: 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2020
joseph1832:
I downloaded the movie via the link you posted but what I found wasn't Batman, it's a 14 mins plus animation call Sgt Rock.

I asked if it's the same with you?
mee too

Same thing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2020
Antispambot suspended my VerifiedStalin username this morning after submitting a rebuttal to your post. Forgive my liberal application of '_', it's my way of pulling a fast one on the stupid bot.

Gmajor:

This comment is wrong on so many levels.

1. There is low risk investment in showbiz.
There are movies that cost $80-200 million to make whereas, there are movies that cost $10 million dollars or less.
It's a lot easier for a company to absolve a loss of $10 million as opposed to $100 million. That's way it's not uncommon for production companies to be more willing to take a risk on a low budget movies.
If it does well, good and fine. If it doesn't do well, they would not have lost much.
Spoken_like_somebody_who_doesn't_have_the_foggiest idea of how_the movie industry_works.

Big_movie_studios_rarely_invest_on_low_budget_movie_because_it's_not_profitable. In_today's_economy,_an_average_low_budget_film_would_cost_$50-100_million_to produce_&_market, at_the_end of_which,_the_film_would likely struggle to_break even,_let_alone_make_a_profit.

For_context,_reported_movie_budget_include_costs_incurred_during_pre-production,_the_actual_filming_cost,_crew_and_actor_salaries,_and_post-production_cost, and that excludes_marketing_cost,_which typically could be up to 50 percent of the movie budget.

Therefore, the_studio_would_wind_up_spending_more_than_the_film_is_worth. I-dunno_about_you,_but_I'd_call_it_a_loss.

Gmajor:

2. In a lot of instances, even a washed up former A list actor will have much more star power than a nobody.
Nicholas Cage has an almost cult following for his bizarre acting style and there are people who will watch a movie just because Nicholas Cage is in it.
All these B list movies that he has been staring in would have gone unnoticed if it wasn't for the star power of Nicholas Cage.

Why_would_established_big_movie_studios_with_money_to_throw_around,_and a global reach, invest on a washed-up_actor,_when_there_are_plethora_of_A-list actors (with threefold the star power) available?

The_only_reason_Nicolas_Cage_is_getting_roles_is_because_indie_studios_need a cult figure in their_movies,_it's_essentially_a_symbiotic_relationship. He_gets_paid,_and_the_independent_studios_get_the_needed_exposure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newguy1(m): 11:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
The film follows a small town cop who is summoned to investigate the death of a politician which gets complicated by the victim's secretive family and his own conflicted heart.

****something for the weekend ****. No silly Indian song

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Geofavor(m): 12:29am On Oct 10, 2020
losprince:

The scene where they speak german is a classic, a masterclass in suspense. just subtitle it amigo.
Please how do you subtitle it? Most of this movies from movie sites don't come with subtitles
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Geofavor(m): 12:38am On Oct 10, 2020
nani667:
After seeing Logan I had the urge to rewatch the Classics... After the hopelessness I saw I need to see some Prime Wolverine wink
Which website are you downloading from?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 2:08am On Oct 10, 2020
Enola Holmes: 3/4 stars

Beautiful cast! A proper movie based on the Sherlock Holmes lore with strong and interesting personalities all round. Millie delivers her fourth wall dialogues/scenes with so much gusto and her character is given the center stage to shine: an independent figure. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:47am On Oct 10, 2020
newguy1:

The film follows a small town cop who is summoned to investigate the death of a politician which gets complicated by the victim's secretive family and his own conflicted heart.

God bless you for this recommendation bro...I like these kind of Indian movies...have you seen Raatchasan(I don't know if I got the spelling right)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 9:38am On Oct 10, 2020
Loaded �

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newguy1(m): 9:59am On Oct 10, 2020
pu7pl3:

God bless you for this recommendation bro...I like these kind of Indian movies...have you seen Raatchasan(I don't know if I got the spelling right)
not at all. In this movie the main actor nawazuddin siddiq is someone I always like to watch his movies..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:54am On Oct 10, 2020
newguy1:
not at all. In this movie the main actor nawazuddin siddiq is someone I always like to watch his movies..

Check out Raatchasan..that movie made me respect Bollywood
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 1:46pm On Oct 10, 2020
This will be different from the Netflix forthcoming series and if you ask me, only the first three RE movies were good. Anderson basically created Alice as a gift to his wife

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2020
So.... Basically Pineapple Express but with superpowers. It's a win-win, they get paid to get high literally

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 2:01pm On Oct 10, 2020
So a TikTok user is getting a starring role in a movie, not because she can act but because she can draw a bunch of kids to the movie. Smart marketing strategy

1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 10, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:
This will be different from the Netflix forthcoming series and if you ask me, only the first three RE movies were good. Anderson basically created Alice as a gift to his wife

Damn, that's a super cast.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2020
ParisAintGerman:

Damn, that's a super cast.
My initial thought
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2020
newguy1:

Thank u
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2020
seankafor:
Halfway in to oluture.
I am highly impressed.. so naija actress and artists can act like this..
If nollywood keeps this up, they re gonna go places..
Acting looks so real and super.. and also cinematography is top notch..
Nice one from those guys that made it happen
That movie no dey online
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2020
Raalsalghul:
A Score to Settle: 0.5/4 stars

One of those flicks Nicolas Cage uses to settle his debts. cheesy
Lol cage been acting shitty movies nowadays
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tolu121: 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2020
Annihilation: 7\10

Some bad shii horror
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by LeJeun3: 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2020

Guardian Brothers

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by superfelix: 6:27pm On Oct 10, 2020
the way the anti spambot dey ban these days

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) (2329) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.