Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3724824 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2397) (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) (2402) (2403) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
alexistaiwo:
I usually watch snippets when my younger bro was hooked on Naruto that year, whenever I walk in on him, I watch small cheesy

Lol, so true.....na my younger Bros make me dey watch Dragon Ball Z sef. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2021
Kai....if not for my new year's resolution, I would have savaged someone right now
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 08, 2021
AbdulSleeky:
Kai....if not for my new year's resolution, I would have savaged someone right now

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
AbdulSleeky:

Hope say no be me. grin grin

undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
angry

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 11:13pm On Jan 08, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

Hope say no be me. grin grin

undecided

Nah.

You no get wahala.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 1:07am On Jan 09, 2021
Kaycee7:
Avatar: The Last Airbender and Castlevania aren't completely recognized as anime. Lots of folks claim they're anime but hardcore anime stans refuse to accept them as anime.
That's why you rarely see them making anime lists

They are called anime inspired, not anime
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 2:53am On Jan 09, 2021
The hunt.3.5/10

Another run of the mill human hunting movie. Rich folks gather poor folks to hunt for sport.

Utter crap.

Avoid.

Having a bad week here I haven't seen a movie to just make me feel good.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 7:50am On Jan 09, 2021
armadeo:
The hunt.3.5/10

Another run of the mill human hunting movie. Rich folks gather poor folks to hunt for sport.

Utter crap.

Avoid.

The movie is a lot more nuanced than "rich people hunting poor people "
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:33am On Jan 09, 2021
armadeo:
The hunt.3.5/10

Utter crap.

Avoid.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and all, but frankly, people like you don't deserve to have opinions.

Bro, the theme of the movie isn't about the rich versus the poor, it's about elite liberals vs conservatives. It satirically pokes fun at liberals and conservatives. Ultimately, it's a political satire slash horror.

8 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olayinkajnr(m): 8:37am On Jan 09, 2021
DandeNumeruno:

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and all, but frankly, people like you don't deserve to have opinions.

Lmao. Plus the storyline is not all about rich folks gathering to hunt the poor for sports.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olayinkajnr(m): 8:37am On Jan 09, 2021
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:52am On Jan 09, 2021
olayinkajnr:

Lmao. Plus the storyline is not all about rich folks gathering to hunt the poor for sports.

It's not about rich vs poor at all. It's a political satire with survival horror undertones.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 8:57am On Jan 09, 2021
I just saw this on twitter please I need to confirm something. Is Shuri the one playing Black Panther in the sequel?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:59am On Jan 09, 2021
Nova15:
I just saw this on twitter please I need to confirm something. Is Shuri the one playing Black Panther in the sequel?

Fan art.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 9:09am On Jan 09, 2021
DandeNumeruno:

Fan art.

Thought as much cool
Thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olayinkajnr(m): 9:18am On Jan 09, 2021
DandeNumeruno:

It's not about rich vs poor at all. It's a political satire with survival horror undertones.

Exactly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 10:25am On Jan 09, 2021
Nova15:

This is most likely fan art
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 09, 2021
Me likey cheesy

Nova15:
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 11:19am On Jan 09, 2021
Nova15:
Since they won’t recast the role, she’d likely be the one to take up the mantle
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 11:22am On Jan 09, 2021
DandeNumeruno:

Bro, the theme of the movie isn't about the rich versus the poor, it's about elite liberals vs conservatives. It satirically pokes fun at liberals and conservatives. Ultimately, it's a political satire slash horror.

Honest, straight to the point and savage! I like that.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 09, 2021
AbdulSleeky agreeing with DandeNumerouno

This 2021 is all about keeping your enemies closer cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 11:44am On Jan 09, 2021
alexistaiwo:
AbdulSleeky agreeing with DandeNumerouno

This 2021 is all about keeping your enemies closer cheesy

I've retired from the savage life.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 09, 2021
Ashana wey marry na holiday im go grin

AbdulSleeky:

I've retired from the savage life.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nocturnal Animals (2016). Seeing this was like sex without climax. The screenplay was so so poor, even the side plot from the novel get more action than the main plot and it ultimately lead no where still and the whole movie was a total waste of the talents of Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal. Was the novel supposed to be some sort of revenge? At the end it turned out to be pretentious piece of crap masquerading as a physiological thriller.

Still wondering how the movie got high praises, probably the praises were for Tom Ford "The designer" not Tom Ford "The filmmaker".

4/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
oyaskii:
Nocturnal Animals (2016). Seeing this was like sex without climax. The screenplay was so so poor, even the side plot from the novel get more action than the main plot and it ultimately lead no where still and the whole movie was a total waste of the talents of Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal. Was the novel supposed to be some sort of revenge? At the end it turned out to be pretentious piece of crap masquerading as a physiological thriller.

Still wondering how the movie got high praises, probably the praises were for Tom Ford "The designer" not Tom Ford "The filmmaker".

4/10.
grin grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2021
oyaskii:

4/10.

Nah, you watched the film wrong.

The novel subplot is Gyllenhaal grappling with Amy's infidelity/betrayal. The killing of his child in the novel symbolizes Amy's abortion of his baby... the raping of his wife and daughter in the novel is a metaphor for Amy's abrupt infidelity.

Long story short, the novel subplot is essentially a metaphor for Gyllenhaal and Amy Adam's turmoiled relationship.

In the end, Gyllenhaal standing Amy up on their anticipated date was his way of telling Amy to go fvck herself, which entails he hasn't really come to terms with the past, and is no longer the nice guy he used to be.

The movie is no masterpiece, but it's brilliantly written, directed and acted. The praises it received are justified.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by rafael217654: 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2021
[quote author=funkyjms post=94496844][/quote]

Showbox Mod Apk is one of the most famous real time films and video applications, just accessible for Android devices . It offers free films and TV shows for users with practically no irritating notices. In this app you can plays a large quantity and high-quality videos. And the most favorite part of Showbox is the download function. You can download the video and watch it later.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2021
DandeNumeruno:

Nah, you watched the film wrong.

The novel subplot is Gyllenhaal grappling with Amy's infidelity/betrayal. The killing of his child in the novel symbolizes Amy's abortion of his baby... the raping of his wife and daughter in the novel is a metaphor for Amy's abrupt infidelity.

Long story short, the novel subplot is essentially a metaphor for Gyllenhaal and Amy Adam's turmoiled relationship

In the end, Gyllenhaal standing Amy up on their anticipated date was his way of telling Amy to go fvck herself, which entails he hasn't really come to terms with the past, and is no longer the nice guy he used to be.

The movie is no masterpiece, but it's brilliantly written, directed and acted. The praises it received are justified.
first of all, longest time my Gee, didn't know you where back on these streets. I did watch the movie with the clearest state of mind.

Second paragraph bolded...Fully got this but if the novel was a metaphor for revenge, why then did Tony (Edward) die?

Third bolded paragraph...I think this was the only part I would say they got right but it was abrupt af, i adjusted my chair to say finally "lets go" only for me to see end credits.

Fourth paragraph..It's very very far from been a masterpiece. It's the writing i have a problem with, the acting, directing and sound editing where ok.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Explorers(m): 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
U.S. soldiers Allan "Ize" Isaac and Sgt. Shane Matthews answered a distress call, unseen shooter in the desert of postwar Iraq.

Suddenly, gunshots erupt, leaving Shane(John Cena) badly injured and Allan with a bullet in his leg.

Allan forced to take cover behind a crumbling stone wall and now finds himself in a fight for survival against an unseen sniper who has all of the advantages

(Iraqi sniper calling US soldiers for rescue and killing them one by one).

The Wall (2017).

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2021
oyaskii:
first of all, longest time my Gee, didn't know you where back on these streets. I did watch the movie with the clearest state of mind.
Nowadays, I much prefer observing to making a nuisance of myself like our resident clown, AbdulSleeky, is wont to do.

oyaskii:

Second paragraph bolded...Fully got this but if the novel was a metaphor for revenge, why then did Tony (Edward) die?
Gyllenhaal dying in the novel symbolizes him finding closure. In all likelihood, he didn't really find closure in reality, but him standing her up is a sorta existential revenge, since he effectively took away Amy's chance of finding happiness (with him) again.

oyaskii:

Third bolded paragraph...I think this was the only part I would say they got right but it was abrupt af, i adjusted my chair to say finally "lets go" only for me to see end credits.
Lol, it does take time to process, to unpack and appreciate.

oyaskii:

Fourth paragraph..It's very very far from been a masterpiece. It's the writing i have a problem with, the acting, directing and sound editing where ok.

The writing is convoluted and a tad pretentious, but brilliant nonetheless. In it's core, it deals with forces that humanizes, dehumanizes us, erodes and heals us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2397) (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) (2402) (2403) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: keemsleek(m), TopeQs, MrJorge(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.