Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,984 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3721572 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) ... (3827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 11:49am On Oct 04, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

a black man playing 007?
This is 2021 man.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hopefulLandlord: 11:58am On Oct 04, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
This is 2021 man.
so?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
Malignant 8.5/10 what a movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
The addams family 2 -----7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
Kaycee7:
Honestly, I'd place both on the same scale of relevance. GoT would most definitely have been more relevant if it had stuck the landing with that finale. But currently, they have as much social media presence as the Potterverse.
And the anticipation and hype for HotD is nowhere near the average hype for a season of GoT back in the day.
True.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
Rurouni kenshin(all cheesy cheesy) 8/10
Riders of justice 7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 3RNEST(m): 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
Galapagous:
Part 1 is almost the same as Part 2... grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
Galapagous:

Need to download this.
Me and my 9 year old brother still sing along to the theme song from part 1
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 3:17pm On Oct 04, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
so?
A Chinese man can be cast to play 007 if that’s what the studio want cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
Anyone see Guilty?

Downloaded it, yet to see it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2021
undecided

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2021
Achilles100:
Anyone see Guilty?

Downloaded it, yet to see it.
The original was better but this is still decent.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
too inexperienced undecided

nani667:
undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xynerise: 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2021
nani667:
undecided

This poster won't sell na. Looks like a comedy.

Wrong face of 007
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
nani667:
undecided
007: Bond Goes to Highschool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2021
Kaycee7:

007: Bond Away From Home.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2021
thatthickgurl:

Need to download this.
Me and my 9 year old brother still sing along to the theme song from part 1
:DI can only imagine.
But I'd rate the first chapter higher.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kirchoffs: 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
Psychological movies needed , gurus please help out , I need movies that can fvck up the mind
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
Kaycee7:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Greatdesi(m): 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2021
Kirchoffs:
Psychological movies needed , gurus please help out , I need movies that can fvck up the mind
Have you seen Midsommar?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kirchoffs: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
Greatdesi:
Have you seen Midsommar?
ok lemme go and download
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 11:23pm On Oct 04, 2021
Malignant; 3.5/4 stars

I was very excited, fingers itching, waiting to get to the end credits, come to this thread and heap praises on how Malignant is the best theatrical release this year.

All this until I got to the middle of the final act.

I don't know what happened in the writer's room, but that scene where Detective Kekoa had the opportunity of taking clear shot at Gabriel but instead decides to wake Emily/Madison shouldn't have been allowed to fly.

I mean we had the littered corpses of cops, prison staff and mayhem all round plus she was being treated as a suspect earlier: why not take the shot, kill the malignant teratoma, earn a medal, get promoted-doubt anyone would care about Madison at this point.

Or

A brute force, guns blazing kamikaze style shoot out while hunting Gabriel would have made for a much better ending.

Even though it/he escapes, a sequel opportunity is open for Warner Bros/New Line Cinema. undecided

Barring the above, James Wan did some brilliant work here.

No unnecessary build up or dependencies on supernatural elements even though the ambience is made to feel like one.

Murder one is around the fifteen minutes mark and from there Wan dazzlingly manages the film's tone in a hybrid of Serial Killer/Slasher tropes and with the pacing of the solid horror flicks in his resume.

The gore is as real as they come: no holds barred. I literally closed my eyes during some scenes. embarassed

Who would have expected that twist? I kind of did and suspected Madison/Emily at a point. Who wouldn't, most especially after that lady fell through the attic but still Wan subverted expectations.

Frankly speaking, Malignant had all the makings of a classic but is cut short by that atrocious writing in the third act.

No be everything them dey reason with: that scene required a "Shoot first, ask questions later" approach.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 12:44am On Oct 05, 2021
nani667:
undecided

Must be a joke grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 12:50am On Oct 05, 2021
Raalsalghul:
Malignant; 3.5/4 stars

I was very excited, fingers itching, waiting to get to the end credits, come to this thread and heap praises on how Malignant is the best theatrical release this year.

I don't know what happened in the writer's room, but that scene where Detective Kekoa had the opportunity of taking clear shot at Gabriel but instead decides to wake Emily/Madison shouldn't have been allowed to fly.

I mean we had the littered corpses of cops, prison staff and mayhem all round plus she was being treated as a suspect earlier: why not take the shot, kill the malignant teratoma, earn a medal, get promoted-doubt anyone would care about Madison at this point.

Or

A brute force, guns blazing kamikaze style shoot out while hunting Gabriel would have made for a much better ending.

Even though it/he escapes, a sequel opportunity is open for Warner Bros/New Line Cinema. undecided

No unnecessary build up or dependencies on supernatural elements even though the ambience is made to feel like one.

Murder one is around the fifteen minutes mark and from there Wan dazzlingly manages the film's tone in a hybrid of Serial Killer/Slasher tropes and with the pacing of the solid horror flicks in his resume.

The gore is as real as they come: no holds barred. I literally closed my eyes during some scenes. embarassed

Who would have expected that twist? I kind of did and suspected Madison/Emily at a point. Who wouldn't, most especially after that lady fell through the attic but still Wan subverted expectations.

Frankly speaking, Malignant had all the makings of a classic but is cut short by that atrocious writing in the third act.

No be everything them dey reason with: that scene required a "Shoot first, ask questions later" approach.

Enjoy the movie and move on.

It's not a PHD dissertation.

11 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Lindajames1010: 3:01am On Oct 05, 2021
Pls I need similar movie like .....the kingdom,7 northmen, last kingdom....let say north Europe movies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 4:07am On Oct 05, 2021
Kirchoffs:

You might not like Bollywood but Ratsasan and Badla are total mind fuckery , above Hollywood standards. Trust me.

Best way to watch, don't read any reviews, just dive right into it, so you don't see the twists coming
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OwlCityy(f): 4:09am On Oct 05, 2021
Predestination
Shutter island
Come to think of it, I don't really know any recent psycho thrillers. It's one of my favorite genres.

Kirchoffs:

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thatthickgurl(f): 4:10am On Oct 05, 2021
OwlCityy:
Predestination
Shutter island
Come to think of it, I don't really know any recent psycho thrillers. It's one of my favorite genres.

I don't think any top tier one has been released recently. I also had to rack my brain

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:37am On Oct 05, 2021
thatthickgurl:

You might not like Bollywood but Ratsasan and Badla are total mind fuckery , above Hollywood standards. Trust me.

Best way to watch, don't read any reviews, just dive right into it, so you don't see the twists coming

Ratsasan was dope and that score they used was God-tier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FILEBE(m): 6:50am On Oct 05, 2021
Raalsalghul:
Malignant; 3.5/4 stars

Or

You just gotta stop this. You just have to. Create a thread for your reviews . Those who enjoy it will visit .
Please.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2021
Raalsalghul:
Malignant; 3.5/4 stars

Or

If he kill am that time, film go end na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) ... (3827) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: oyetpel(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.