Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3720867 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) (2733) ... (3827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:19am On Oct 11, 2021
solostar1:
Dave Chappelle: The Closer (2021) 10/10

Nigerian stand-up comedians should learn how it is done.
Nigerian stand-up comedians are Nigerian stand-up comedians. They don't need to learn anything about how it's done. They're already killing it on stage with their style and flair.

Or do you think Wizkid and Davido need to learn how it's done from Chris Brown and Ed Sheeran?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hahn(m): 8:25am On Oct 11, 2021
Kaycee7:
Nigerian stand-up comedians are Nigerian stand-up comedians. They don't need to learn anything about how it's done. They're already killing it on stage with their style and flair.

Or do you think Wizkid and Davido need to learn how it's done from Chris Brown and Ed Sheeran?

Oh please. Nigerian comedians and musicians steal foreign styles.

Wizkid and Davido with all their forced British and American accents and hustling to get foreign artists on their tracks.

And that's why whenever Nigerians get visas to go to the US or nominations for the Grammys it always signifies the height of their career and achievement.

Let's not delude ourselves please undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 8:37am On Oct 11, 2021
solostar1:

Am I the only one that think Dave was talking Israel oppression of the Palestinians when he talked about the freed slave which later became a slave master... (correct me if am wrong)

This special felt like a story telling than Chappelle actually cracking ribs for me.
And being his last special, emotional tone was there all along.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:38am On Oct 11, 2021
hahn:

I mean, if we're going by this logic, everyone's stolen from someone or the other. Even now, foreign artists are "stealing" Afrobeats styles.

Wizkid and Davido with all their forced British and American accents and hustling to get foreign artists on their tracks.
Which of their tracks have clear evidences of these forced accents? And do you have any solid references to prove that it's Wizkid and Davido hustling to get foreign artists on their tracks and not a beneficial marriage for both parties?

And that's why whenever Nigerians get visas to go to the US or nominations for the Grammys it always signifies the height of their career and achievement.
Is this exclusive to Nigeria alone or a lot of other countries? Also how does this in anyway address the topic of Nigerian artists not needing to shed their native artistry to become clones of foreign artists?

What are we deluding ourselves about?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 8:44am On Oct 11, 2021
solostar1:

Am I the only one that think Dave was talking Israel oppression of the Palestinians when he talked about the freed slave which later became a slave master... (correct me if am wrong)

No.

A freed slave becoming a cruel slave master should be a real story. It shows people who are shouting oppression would oppress others (of their kind) if they had the freedom they crave.

He buttressed that with trans people canceling out people who hurt their feelings and eventually bullying his trans friend who supported him to death.

I mean, e-bullying someone to death is a greater offense than hurting people's feelings.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:02am On Oct 11, 2021
oyetpel:

This special felt like a story telling than Chappelle actually cracking ribs for me.
And being his last special, emotional tone was there all along.
He said in 2017 that "Equanimity" was his last special and yet we got "The Bird revelation", "Sticks and Stones" and "The Closer" after then. Trust me, this is not his last special.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:35am On Oct 11, 2021
oyaskii:
He said in 2017 that "Equanimity" was his last special and yet we got "The Bird revelation", "Sticks and Stones" and "The Closer" after then. Trust me, this is not his last special.

They say it to draw more people, I think
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 10:18am On Oct 11, 2021
pu7pl3:

Marketing gimmick.

FOMO

"Offer available while stocks last"

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:25am On Oct 11, 2021
pu7pl3:

Yup, kind of a marketing gimmick.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by solostar1: 11:52am On Oct 11, 2021
Karleb:

No.

A freed slave becoming a cruel slave master should be a real story. It shows people who are shouting oppression would oppress others (of their kind) if they had the freedom they crave.

He buttressed that with trans people canceling out people who hurt their feelings and eventually bullying his trans friend who supported him to death.

I mean, e-bullying someone to death is a greater offense than hurting people's feelings.

They are criticizing him already for antisemitism.

“In my movie idea, we find out that these aliens are originally from earth — that they’re from an ancient civilization that achieved interstellar travel and left the earth thousands of years ago,” he says. “Some other planet they go to, and things go terrible for them on the other planet, so they come back to earth, [and] decide that they want to claim the earth for their very own. It’s a pretty good plotline, huh? I call it ‘Space Jews.'”
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
DrDax:

Marketing gimmick.

FOMO

"Offer available while stocks last"

Ahah, na wetin make me buy sol at 204 be that.
FOMO
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2021
Moneyboyz:

Ahah, na wetin make me buy sol at 204 be that.
FOMO

Sorry.

Bought that @22.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
DrDax:

Sorry.

Bought that @22.

That's good deal. Those coins had potential if not government meddling in its business.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
hahn:

Don't mind him, is not only about being funny but you just have to be strategic with the use of words and unfortunately Nigerian comedians aren't doing anything like that. Nigerian stand up comedians just bring the same crap everyday. They are always trying to copy. Didn't the guy see interview of Davido with Trevor Noah, the guy they try form accent

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hahn(m): 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Illusioneffect:

Don't mind him, is not only about being funny but you just have to be strategic with the use of words and unfortunately Nigerian comedians aren't doing anything like that. Nigerian stand up comedians just bring the same crap everyday. They are always trying to copy. Didn't the guy see interview of Davido with Trevor Noah, the guy they try form accent

I did not even bother to try to reply his follow up comment. In this Buhari era man cannot waste mb undecided

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2021
Saw James Bond: No time to die last night.

Sooo sooo good and the ending is so sad.

10/10

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Saw James Bond: No time to die last night.

Sooo sooo good and the ending it so sad.

10/10

not up to 10/10 for me and this movie made me dislike the idea of a female 007 the more

But like I said earlier tho it's a nice send off for Daniel

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 8:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
pu7pl3:

not up to 10/10 for me and this movie made me dislike the idea of a female 007 the more

But like I said earlier tho it's a nice send off for Daniel
Are they still romancing the idea of a female 007?

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
J2381:
Are they still romancing the idea of a female 007?

they didn't just romance the idea bruh, they fingered, sucked and fvcked it

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
Free Guy: Hilarious movie that is both serious and silly at the same time. I love it and highly recommend it.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2021
pu7pl3:

they didn't just romance the idea bruh, they fingered, sucked and fvcked it
Chai! They really want to spoil the legacy of 007. I wonder what Ian Flemming's beneficiary are doing to stop them.

James Bond 007 is male not female. I'm sure if whatever they have in mind fail, just like making an all female Ghostbusters failed like the present and past government of Nigeria, they'll have a serious rethink.

Let's hope this move of theirs won't ruin the franchise and legacy of Bond and the popularity it's gathered.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 8:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
Octopusssy:
Free Guy: Hilarious movie that is both serious and silly at the same time. I love it and highly recommend it.
You've watched Reminiscence?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 8:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
J2381:
You've watched Reminiscence?
Yes I did. I'm not a fan of tragedies but I enjoyed it, although it was a bit slow.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 8:46pm On Oct 11, 2021
Octopusssy:

Yes I did. I'm not a fan of tragedies but I enjoyed it, although it was a bit slow.
Awesome.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
J2381:
Chai! They really want to spoil the legacy of 007. I wonder what Ian Flemming's beneficiary are doing to stop them.

James Bond 007 is male not female. I'm sure if whatever they have in mind fail, just like making an all female Ghostbusters fail like all the present and past government of Nigeria, they'll have a serious rethink.

Let's hope this move of theirs won't ruin the franchise and legacy of Bond and the popularity it's gathered.
I'm all for women empowerment but really these guys are taking it overboard. Some characters are simply iconic and should not be touched. They are supposed to create new characters, not ruin old and memorable ones with this their women's lib bullshit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by KusherAbel: 9:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
I thought Tom Hardy nailed the role as the next 007 or am I missing something

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
There is no limit that these lots "wokeness" won't go.....smh

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Surd2121(m): 10:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
oyaskii:

Why not blame the Industry that's feeding on its audience wants ? If you don't like it, avoid, stop making everything about yourself and your orientation

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 11:56pm On Oct 11, 2021
oyaskii:
Whatever they want to do with Superman is none of my business but they better stay away from Batman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ChristoBam: 2:17am On Oct 12, 2021
Illusioneffect:

About the Davido part, don't you know Davido spent a lot of his early years in the US? There's a video of Davido when he was like 11 and he had an american accent. Lots of people can switch accents naturally depending on who they're talking to. Chill with that crap you're talking of Davido forcing accents.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ChristoBam: 2:21am On Oct 12, 2021
hahn:

It's funny you're saying this at the time Americans are raving about the new sound out of Nigeria.

About the comedy part every comedian got their style..Na Kenny blaq or Gordons dey steal foreign styles?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) (2733) ... (3827) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Efeboyi and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.