Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3725210 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
Chibudollar:
Samuel L Jackson vs Denzel Washington. Who is the better actor to you guys??

Both are great and fantastic but Denzels acting career and his movies made alot positive impact mehn ,I mean he was a role model to the late Chadwick Boseman
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2021
oyaskii:
Same as Denzel.

I know. But Samuel L Jackson is more versatile. He is more popular. His films made more money at the box office. And he is not a sellout.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dfrenzy(m): 12:28am On Nov 29, 2021
Please, where can I watch, or download new movies online?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:38am On Nov 29, 2021
Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021) 5/10

When Venom was released in 2018, one of the major criticisms was about how Eddie and his symbiote weren't a close call to the personalities of their comic counterparts. So what did Sony do about that in the sequel? Drive them even farther from the source material at 200 mph. Seriously this duo, while I found them mostly fun to watch, are nothing close to the Eddie and Venom from any of the comics. There's taking liberty with the source material (I'm looking at you, MCU) and then there's basically abandoning it.

Overlooking the fact that it's an adaptation, Venom: Let There Be Carnage isn't a well-written movie. The plot struggles to make more sense. Tom Hardy might be a phenomenal actor but he'll need to work harder of he wants to add writing to his resumé. The dialogue is cringeworthy in a lot of places.
The movie is basically carried by the banter between Eddie and Venom and the entertaining action scenes. Which is kinda a shame when you remember that you have 3 seasoned veterans in this, Tom Hardy, Woody Harrelson and Naomie Harris. This could quite possibly be Hardy's worst outing and Harrelson and Harris feel wasted in their roles, even with the bit of effort Harrelson put in.
I was personally entertained by the movie but it really did nothing to keep me any more invested in the story or characters. If it weren't for the post credits, I would've been quite ok with closing the chapter here.
Anyways, here's hoping they get back on track with their next appearance.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:40am On Nov 29, 2021
Lethal Protector spittin' grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:41am On Nov 29, 2021
Peep the Game of Thrones reference

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 6:44am On Nov 29, 2021
JackBizzle:

I know. But Samuel L Jackson is more versatile. He is more popular. His films made more money at the box office. And he is not a sellout.

Do you mean Denzel is a sellout?

Watch what you say man.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 6:48am On Nov 29, 2021
Shang Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings: 1/4 star.

A fascinating family dynamic ruined by dumbed down combat scenes and sub par visual effects.

It lacks edge: plays out like an extended version of those South Korean t.v shows that makes teenage girls giddy except without the sappy romance and feminized males.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:52am On Nov 29, 2021
Raalsalghul:

A fascinating family dynamic ruined by dumbed down combat scenes and sub par visual effects.
Sub par visual effects? Lord Raals were you watching in 240p?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 6:55am On Nov 29, 2021
Kaycee7:
Sub par visual effects? Lord Raals were you watching in 240p?

I've seen better in this same M.C.U
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by StPete: 7:09am On Nov 29, 2021
Raalsalghul:

I've seen better in this same M.C.U

Oga stop judging things based on the low quality instruments used to watch them. In terms of visuals, Shang-chi did absolute justice. Try upgrade to a 4k TV for a fantastic viewing experience. Even a 720p copy still did absolute justice to the visuals

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 7:10am On Nov 29, 2021
StPete:

Oga stop judging things based on the low quality instruments used to watch it. In terms of visuals, Shang-chi did absolute justice. Try upgrade to a 4k TV for a fantastic viewing experience. Even a 720p copy still did absolute justice to the visuals

So a pirated copy from Netnaija is low quality?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by StPete: 7:13am On Nov 29, 2021
Raalsalghul:

So a pirated copy from Netnaija is low quality?

Absolute low quality chief

I would advise especially for those who want to give ratings, before you give any ratings, check the variables around you to be sure they don't affect your viewing experience and how you end up rating movies.

1. Ensure to watch the best copy of the movie available, preferably 1080p or 4k for the best views.

2. Ensure your viewing device isn't faulty (poor imagery, blurry, discoloration, noisy speakers etc)

3. Ensure you have a modern device to view modern movies (don't use a 4:3 box TV to view a 16:9 movie)

4. Do well to have surround sound (e.g home theatres etc)

5. Do not press phones or do other distracting activities while watching movies as your attention span is been affected.

6. Get a wide-view screen TV (preferably 55"wink instead of using laptops or phones

7. A little bit of pop corn could suffice (not compulsory).

8. Lastly, ensure to watch under AC or an absolute cool environment as the heat from the African sun can be very discomforting while watching.

Modified:
9. You must also be in a relaxed state of mind when watching movies

If these variables are well observed, I bet you, your ratings won't be that poor for most of the movies rated above.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 7:16am On Nov 29, 2021
StPete:

Okay, I hear you. Anything else?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:35am On Nov 29, 2021
JackBizzle:

"Man on Fire", "Philadelphia", "Glory", "Fences", "Hurricane", "Flight", "Training Day", "Crimson Tide", "Devil in a blue dress", and "Malcolm X" where all different ranges for Denzel, if this isn't supreme versatility then "versatile" must have a new meaning. Not disputing the fact that Samuel L Jackson is a good actor, most of his roles leans towards "comedic action" that's his mean niche, so him been versatile is debatable, let alone more versatile than Denzel, the right term will be that he's probably more prolific hence the huge box office returns.

Denzel is a sell out? Hmm This agenda is a new one.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Degrezhaa: 7:51am On Nov 29, 2021
WHITELIGHTER:

I'm on trutalk and I get it regularly after every sub
How much did you subscribe for the data ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 7:55am On Nov 29, 2021
JackBizzle:

I don't think Samuel is more popular...Dunno...They are both very huge actors....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 7:56am On Nov 29, 2021
Raalsalghul:

It lacks edge: plays out like an extended version of those South Korean t.v shows that makes teenage girls giddy except without the sappy romance and feminized males.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RayMcBlue(m): 8:23am On Nov 29, 2021
Raalsalghul:

This reads like a DC tard hating on an MCU film because none of what you said is true, lmao.

I wish this archaic Nigerian forum has a downvote option so that I can downvote this ridiculous "review" of yours.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 8:34am On Nov 29, 2021
StPete:

I would advise especially for those who want to give ratings, before you give any ratings, check the variables around you to be sure they don't affect your viewing experience and how you end up rating movies.

1. Ensure to watch the best copy of the movie available, preferably 1080p or 4k for the best views.

2. Ensure your viewing device isn't faulty (poor imagery, blurry, discoloration, noisy speakers etc)

3. Ensure you have a modern device to view modern movies (don't use a 4:3 box TV to view a 16:9 movie)

5. Do not press phones or do other distracting activities while watching movies as your attention span is been affected.

6. Get a wide-view screen TV (preferably 55"wink instead of using laptops or phones

8. Lastly, ensure to watch under AC or an absolute cool environment as the heat from the African sun can be very discomforting while watching.

If these variables are well observed, I bet you, your ratings won't be that poor for most of the movies rated above.

A bit of an overkill.

All you need is an Oled 32 inch TV.

720p hevc from Psarip

A ceiling fan

And you're good to go.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 8:48am On Nov 29, 2021
AnfieldFan:

I don't think Samuel is more popular...Dunno...They are both very huge actors....

Avengers alone should end the popularity contest.

Samuel L Jackson is by far more popular
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 8:50am On Nov 29, 2021
Degrezhaa:

How much did you subscribe for the data ?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 9:00am On Nov 29, 2021
oyaskii:
"Man on Fire", "Philadelphia", "Glory", "Fences", "Hurricane", "Flight", "Training Day", "Crimson Tide", "Devil in a blue dress", and "Malcolm X" where all different ranges for Denzel, if this isn't supreme versatility then "versatile" must have a new meaning. Not disputing the fact that Samuel L Jackson is a good actor, most of his roles leans towards "comedic action" that's his mean niche, so him been versatile is debatable, let alone more versatile than Denzel, the right term will be that he's probably more prolific hence the huge box office returns.

Denzel is a sell out? Hmm This agenda is a new one.

Versatile. Yes.

Samuel L Jackson has been in far more diverse roles. He has played the comedic hero, the action hero, the wise old man, the Sci fi hero, the dramatic lover etc.

Can you imagine Denzel Washington in a Marvel movie or Sci fi? Denzel Washington is too serious.

Just look at the buddy comedy he did with Mark Wahlberg (2 guns). Trash. Denzel Washington's type of comedy is reserved.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 9:10am On Nov 29, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Do you mean Denzel is a sellout?

Watch what you say man.

The nigga is a sellout. Always downplaying racial or racist issues against black folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0dCvQdt5XI
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 9:11am On Nov 29, 2021
My recent habit of downloading movies in their highest quality on my USB drive to watch on my TV is not even enough.

So I should also throw away my 43" because I want to rate movies?

Thank God that we are not in DPRK cheesy

StPete:

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by StPete: 9:33am On Nov 29, 2021
Calibrator:
My recent habit of downloading movies in their highest quality on my USB drive to watch on my TV is not even enough.

So I should also throw away my 43" because I want to rate movies?

Thank God that we are not in DPRK cheesy

A 43" TV is good to go. The point is, if you use a crappy device to watch a movie or are been distracted during the movie, you'd end up rating the movie poorly and creating a very wrong impression to those who are yet to watch it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 9:57am On Nov 29, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
But can he say motherfucker in a way Samuel L Jackson can?
Samuel is the best grin

Really see like, meaning he gat fans

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 10:03am On Nov 29, 2021
StPete:

Modified:
9. You must also be in a relaxed state of mind when watching movies

on top movie cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 10:11am On Nov 29, 2021
Finally I can watch Netflix on my smart TV now
I was thinking I can download it nd watch it leta but I can't cry

The data wasted is ok tho lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Degrezhaa: 10:32am On Nov 29, 2021
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by StPete: 10:42am On Nov 29, 2021
DieRich5:
on top movie cheesy

Yes na. On top rating movie grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2021
Calibrator:
Go and watch "Midnight in Paris"

Very entertaining and enlightening.

The movie is about this exact random thinking of yours cheesy
just finished watching this movie, loved it. Kinda explained what I was asking, and from all I got one would always think the past is better than the present.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: codedstan(m), Beorn and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.