Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3052) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3722382 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) ... (3827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 7:54pm On May 20, 2022
DrDax:

Oscars consideration?

It's a contender. I'd be astonished if it didn't get at least one nomination.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 7:59pm On May 20, 2022
6.9 / 10

Came across this on ROK and found myself watching till the end

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RayMcBlue(m): 8:00pm On May 20, 2022
DrDax:

Spoiler Alert!!!! Close your eyes.

It's a positive to act to him.

Him probably thinking she would be happier without him.

And knowing that marrying her hampered her career growth, and further alienated her from her father.

Divorce was an act of kindness to him.

That being said, EVERY MAN HAS THEIR BREAKING POINT

I rewatched some parts and he mentioned at one point that a couple he knew had rekindled their marriage when they drew up divorce papers because it forced them to communicate. I think he was using the divorce to actually start the conversation since he wanted to talk it out. Kind of a Hail Mary play because he had tried everything else and wasn’t getting through.

But I like your thought process, it's another interesting way of looking at it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:03pm On May 20, 2022
DrDax:

Quantum Physics is not for everybody.
what is quantum physics?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RayMcBlue(m): 8:03pm On May 20, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

He was probably hoping that the shock of seeing the divorce papers would make Evelyn to stop and take the time to talk about their problems.

Spot on.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:08pm On May 20, 2022
The Batman
Robert Pattinson try sha,first film wey I watch wey him act better thing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:14pm On May 20, 2022
Was checking other reviews and...

How will Marvel feel when this is nominated for a major Oscar award...
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 8:18pm On May 20, 2022
MJBOLT:
The Batman
Robert Pattinson try sha,first film wey I watch wey him act better thing.

He's been quietly brilliant for years. In Tenet, High Life, Good Time, Devil All the Time, and The Lighthouse, he was outstanding.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 8:26pm On May 20, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Was checking other reviews and...

How will Marvel feel when this is nominated for a major Oscar award...
grin

Especially that rubbish they did in Loki.

Stan Lee must be rolling in his grave.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:12pm On May 20, 2022
Watching fantastic beasts 3. JK Rowling trying to milk this franchise with Grindewald like how she did in the harry potter series with Tom Riddle. Oh fùck

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 10:04pm On May 20, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

He's been quietly brilliant for years. In Tenet, High Life, Good Time, Devil All the Time, and The Lighthouse, he was outstanding.

Bro our IPTV has refused to play today...guess the fairytale has come to an end cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:07pm On May 20, 2022
SOZINN:
Watching fantastic beasts 3. JK Rowling trying to milk this franchise with Grindewald like how she did in the harry potter series with Tom Riddle. Oh fùck
JK Rowling isn't milking shii, is Warner Bros that keeps coming to her and are you saying she should reject a "certain Payday"? and the Comparing it "Tom Riddle" as "milking" is totally out of place because "Tom Riddle" was mentioned way back as the 2nd movie in the franchise and it was a set up to every other movie that followed in the franchise.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 11:16pm On May 20, 2022
Baddestguyp:
what is quantum physics?

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 11:34pm On May 20, 2022
Aflix:
I don’t know about him reminding me of Jack Sparrow. What I do know of is his premium performance. To think he did so without talking through most of the movie.

The Jack Sparrow part is the aspect of slight insanity he displayed. Tom Hardy helped amplify Charlize Theron's role irrespective of her great acting. If Tom Hardy's role were not perfectly played the movie would have been diminished.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 11:53pm On May 20, 2022
oyaskii:
JK Rowling isn't milking shii, is Warner Bros that keeps coming to her and are you saying she should reject a "certain Payday"? and the Comparing it "Tom Riddle" as "milking" is totally out of place because "Tom Riddle" was mentioned way back as the 2nd movie in the franchise and it was a set up to every other movie that followed in the franchise.

Oga they are milking it, how you don't see this is what I don't know. Even in the time of Harry Potter, when he witnessed Tom Riddle come back to life after his experience with the goblet of fire, the installments that followed were just there to extend the whole story till they finally killed Tom Riddle off. But the difference between then and now is that back then they had an actual plot and a villain everyone wanted to see dead but didn't know how it would be achieved.

Tom Riddle was everything, posed a real threat to our favorite characters and actually caused Harry to loose people (important people). He shook the wizarding world without even trying and built up the emotions in the hearts of the audience and everyone wanted to get revenge. Then you go ahead and start Fantastic beasts with this guy. They really tried in making this guy to be different from Tom but the end result is someone who is nowhere near as terrifying as Tom.

I watched the first installment in 2016 and I missed the second in 2018, but before I watched the most recent one I went back and saved all three of them just so that I will understand what these people are doing here. In the first film we get introduced to Gellert Grindewald, he gets exposed and arrested. Chapter two he escapes and it's just fluff all through. Chapter three he gets resolved of all his crimes and we start again, only for him to be exposed in the end like he was in the first installment, this time he escapes leaving all his followers behind. The fourth one is not here but I'll tell you what happens. They will go after him with Albus Dumbledore leading the chase, then it's fluff all through and they won't end him. Everybody will come back for chapter five.

You think fans are buying this bullshît and it has a 47% score on rotten tomatoes. It can only go down from here, very soon they will be competing with fast and furious in low ratings. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 7:52am On May 21, 2022
Everything Everywhere All At Once.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:58am On May 21, 2022
Weekend Movie

- Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 7:58am On May 21, 2022
SOZINN:
I swr down, 6hrs of Grindelwald madness............. Harry Potter was fantastic yeah Tom Riddle was the main but it didn't feel like he was till Lord Voldemort come back to life ND his followers mk it fun
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 8:01am On May 21, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Even in Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire, dude was amazing.

Actually don't like his acting in the Twilight series. Dude reminded me painfully of those loverboy idiots in Zee world and Telemundo series.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 11:36am On May 21, 2022
Can't believe there is a universe where I'm just a rock or a piñata cry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 12:56pm On May 21, 2022
Watching Morbius flex 360° motion detection on another level, OH BOY!! shocked
All of a sudden Daredevil is no longer special. shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by samistry(m): 3:08pm On May 21, 2022
You failed to quote the best part. The bad guy randomly dancing.
SOZINN:
Watching Morbius flex 360° motion detection on another level, OH BOY!! shocked
All of a sudden Daredevil is no longer special. shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 3:37pm On May 21, 2022
7 / 10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by durubennie(m): 6:34pm On May 21, 2022
nani667:
6.9 / 10

Please don't post this kind of movies here let me not get annoyed with you

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Havertz29s: 9:04pm On May 21, 2022
nani667:
6.9 / 10

What is this

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by zedegit: 9:16pm On May 21, 2022
Eagle wings 2021. I just finished it. It deserves an award. It's actually my best Nigerian army themed film.

It's a must watch. I give it 9/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:29pm On May 21, 2022
The WIN of this lady ehn no be here. E be like premium soap of grace. grin she's literally everywhere.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:34pm On May 21, 2022
Some god-tier Oscar content is cooking.... cool
Omo see plot na. Kai. shocked So many possibilities.

Baba, just throw in Margot Robbie and Zoe Kravitz make the 3some (Batman, Harley, Catwoman) complete. grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 11:13pm On May 21, 2022
Morbius 2/10
The story get as E be, WTF is spider Man villain doing in it undecided

The one wey dem show for venom, me still Dy wait for am
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:18pm On May 21, 2022
Without an iota of doubt, Margot Robbie!!! She has the best upcoming body of work for any actor at the moment (male & female). Easily the hottest commodity right now.

Florence Pugh is a close second with Anya Taylor Joy hitting the third spot for me.
Weird how the males are edged out.

PS: When sending in your actor(s), you should try to add the director of the upcoming movie(s) and optionally the release year.
This info is for easy tracking for fans of the actors/directors.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:55pm On May 21, 2022
abduleez1:
Without an iota of doubt, Margot Robbie!!! She has the best upcoming body of work for any actor at the moment (male & female). Easily the hottest commodity right now.

Florence Pugh is a close second with Anya Taylor Joy hitting the third spot for me.
Weird how the males are edged out.

PS: When sending in your actor(s), you should try to add the director of the upcoming movie(s) and optionally the release year.
This info is for easy tracking for fans of the actors/directors.

Florence Pugh's is better than hers.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 6:13am On May 22, 2022
Everything Everywhere All At Once

This is the real definition of "Genre Anarchy"

Did I understand TF I just watched?........ No

Was I entertained?...... Yes!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) ... (3827) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: oyaskii(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.