Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3712531 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3193) (3194) (3195) (3196) (3197) (3198) (3199) ... (3823) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:33am On Aug 18, 2022
Day Shift
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 7:39am On Aug 18, 2022
Top Gun Maverick = 7.5/10 ✔️

In reality an F-14 Tomcat & F-15 Fighter stand no chance against Russia's 5th Generation SU-57 Stealth Fighter. It's common knowledge.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 7:52am On Aug 18, 2022
WriterNig:
Top Gun Maverick = 7.5/10 ✔️

In reality an F-14 Tomcat & F-15 Fighter stand no chance against Russia's 5th Generation SU-57 Stealth Fighter. It's common knowledge.

Russia is free to make their own chart busting, critically acclaimed blockbuster where a single Russian infantryman beats fat out of shape American navy seals

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 18, 2022
There are so many loopholes in the plot of this movie Top Gun: Maverick.

In the movie, the Amerikan Navy was tasked with destroying an uranium enrichment plant, which sits in between two mountains or a canyon.

1.) The Bandit Fighter Jets: The bandit or enemy fighter jets depicted in the movie is obviously the Russian Sukhoi SU-57 stealth multi role fighter.

The capabilities of these badass flying machines were grossly downplayed & understated in this movie. You can Google the capabilities of Sukhoi SU-57.

REALITY: Needless to say, all the intruding F/A-18 Jets would just be going up in flames boom, boom, boom, without even seeing the SU-57 coming.

Think about it. The “INVINCIBLE” F/A-18 Fighters would fly into an enemy territory fiam, fiam, fiam, undetected as if it is Nigeria or Zimbabwe we’re talking about.

Habaaa! Make una use una head small naa. If this were possible, the war in Ukraine would have ended on the 3rd day since Maverick-type Pilots would have been scrambled and ordered to bomb the Donetsk, Luhansk and even the Kremlin while the Ruskies are still sleeping & snoring in their beds. grin

2.) Missile Defense Systems: The surface-to-air-missile systems deployed to protect the target (the uranium enrichment plant) is a Soviet era S-125 Neva which was built is 1961.

REALITY: The enemy or should I say Russia would NEVER deploy a 60-year old Missile Defense Systems to protect an important underground uranium site.

Instead, a more advanced Missile Defense Systems would be waiting for the intruders.

Even North Korea (DPRK) would not make that stupid mistake, else her Nuclear capabilities would have been severely degraded long time ago.

3.) The Tomahawk Cruise Missiles: In the movie, barrage of Tomahawk Cruise Missiles were fired to destroy the enemy air base ahead of the mission in order to knock out their interceptive & retaliatory capabilities.

REALITY: No single one of those Tomahawk Cruise Missiles would hit their target (the enemy air base).

Let us even remove the S-500 from the equation.

All those Missiles would be intercepted & destroyed by the combination of S-400 Triumf + BUK Missile Systems + Pantsir S2 or simply deflected into the Sea or Ocean by changing the course of the Missiles as was done in Syria. grin

It has happened so many times before especially in Syria, and the Air Defense Systems that repelled these attacks on Syria were the outdated S-125 Neva and the S-200 Angara, as the Russia’s delivery of the S-300 to Syria was completed in 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11AiTgL6W_M

For these outlined reasons, I therefore rate the movie Topgun: Maverick 4/10. Even the 2005 movie “Stealth” is much more interesting & enjoyable than this brainwashing nonsense.

In my opinion, Topgun: Maverick is just another entertaining Hollywood overhyped movie made to poison undiscerning minds and nothing more.

In reality, even the aircraft carrier (and the entire crew) on which this “impossible mission” was executed would be swimming at the bottom of the Pacific or Atlantic Ocean - I am not joking.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 8:26am On Aug 18, 2022
Zoharariel:

In the movie, the Amerikan Navy was tasked with destroying an uranium enrichment plant, which sits in between two mountains or a canyon.

1.) The Bandit Fighter Jets: The bandit or enemy fighter jets depicted in the movie is obviously the Russian Sukhoi SU-57 stealth multi role fighter.

The capabilities of these badass flying machines were grossly downplayed & understated in this movie. You can Google the capabilities of Sukhoi SU-57.

REALITY: Needles to say, all the intruding F/A-18 Jets would just be going up in flames boom, boom, boom, without even seeing the SU-57 coming.

Think about it. The “INVINCIBLE” F/A-18 Fighters would fly into an enemy territory fiam, fiam, fiam, undetected as if it is Nigeria or Zimbabwe we’re talking about.

Habaaa! Make una use una head small naa. If this were possible, the war in Ukraine would have ended on the 3rd day since Maverick-type Pilots would have been scrambled and ordered to bomb the Donetsk, Luhansk and even the Kremlin while the Ruskies are still sleeping & snoring in their beds. grin

2.) Missile Defense Systems: The surface-to-air-missile systems deployed to protect the target (the uranium enrichment plant) is a Soviet era S-125 Neva which was built is 1961.

REALITY: The enemy or should I say Russia would NEVER deploy a 60-year old Missile Defense Systems to protect an important underground uranium site.

Instead, a more advanced Missile Defense Systems would be waiting for the intruders.

Even North Korea (DPRK) would not make that stupid mistake, else her Nuclear capabilities would have been severely degraded long time ago.

3.) The Tomahawk Cruise Missiles: In the movie, barrage of Tomahawk Cruise Missiles were fired to destroy the enemy air base ahead of the mission in order to knock out their interceptive & retaliatory capabilities.

REALITY: No single one of those Tomahawk Cruise Missiles would hit their target (the enemy air base).

All those Missiles would be intercepted & destroyed by the combination of S-400 Triumf + BUK Missile Systems + Pantsir S2 or simply deflected into the Sea or Ocean by changing the course of the Missiles as was done in Syria. grin

It has happened so many times before especially in Syria, and the Air Defense Systems that repelled these attacks on Syria were the outdated S-125 Neva and the S-200 Angara, as the Russia’s delivery of the S-300 to Syria was completed in 2018.

For these outlined reasons, I therefore rate the movie Topgun: Maverick 4/10. Even the 2005 movie “Stealth” is much more interesting & enjoyable than this brainwashing nonsense.

In my opinion, Topgun: Maverick is just another entertaining Hollywood overhyped movie made to poison undiscerning minds and nothing more.

In reality, even the aircraft carrier (and the entire crew) on which this “impossible mission” was executed would be swimming at the bottom of the Pacific or Atlantic Ocean - I am not joking.

Bros dooh

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 8:39am On Aug 18, 2022
You just want to flaunt theoretical knowledge of military hardwares you crammed online because I doubt if you have ever seen even a locally made fighter jet up close.

This is a movie. Do you actually think shotgun sends people flying in the air, yet, all action movies portray such and you have never seen it fit to write an epistle on it.

It is entertainment, if you want to see real life capabilities.... Join the military!
Zoharariel:

REALITY: Needles to say, all the intruding F/A-18 Jets would just be going up in flames boom, boom, boom, without even seeing the SU-57 coming.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DanielOyaskii(m): 9:02am On Aug 18, 2022
GloriousGbola:

In 2013, I bought a 50 inch 720p TV. Everything was crisp on the TV. Today TVs are 1080p or 4k. Your 480p video will not look good.watch different sizes of videos on your pc. I use daum pot player which will play the videos at their actual resolution. Maximize a 480p video and you will immediately see the blurring.

I stopped messing with overly compressed video when I realized how those 10 in one dvds ruin your viewing experience.

If you take the time to curate your suppliers on the high seas you can get fair sized 720p and 1080p
Getting a fair sized "720p and 1080p" is still comprising on quality IMO. I once got a fraudulent "1080p" at 900mb for a movie of about 2hrs runtime, of course i can't begin to tell you how bad the quality was.

PSA and MTB release group have the best quality x265 low size file in recent years, even at that a standard movie with a run-time of at least 1hr:30mins will average a size of between 700mb - 900mb for 720p and between 1.4gb to 2.0gb for 1080!... That's a whole month's data plan for most people in this clime!.

Lemme me talk about the devices...I kid you not... most devices in this clime are still running Andriod versions as low as Kit kat and lollipop with an average ram of 2gb so the codec for playing x265 1080p natively is missing, so even with the app of a third party app, the files will stutter. Tvs that have support for low size x265 encodes are the ones made most likely after 2016. People in this clime still use a 2012 Samsung 42inches plasma with only native support for Mp4 and x264 Mkv files.

Let's face it..people download movies, see them, and save them to send out to friends or re see again. Most people in this clime won't have the storage space to save the numerous 720p or 1080p movies and series that comes out weekly... Someone with a 32gb, 64gb or 128GB Rom or Sdcard will run out of space in months. I and a friend had a challenge in 2020 to only cop 1080p and 4k files with a little 720p, and i tell you, it has cost me alot of money and time, i am on my 4th External Hard Disk with my total 1080p files at a ridiculous 2.2TB! at the moment.

I have always preached the gospel of getting quality 1080p or 720p at least but i have seen enough reasons and constraints while is convenient for most people to just cop 480p at best and move long ..NN and recently Nkiri has made things relatively better for these folks...in the days of Fz and Movies mobile....A whole movie could just be 100mb! and an average series episode was 60mb.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 9:18am On Aug 18, 2022
DanielOyaskii:
Getting a fair sized "720p and 1080p" is still comprising on quality IMO. I once got a fraudulent "1080p" at 900mb for a movie of about 2hrs runtime, of course i can't begin to tell you how bad the quality was.

all those indian 'upscaled' 480p videos

PSA and MTB release group have the best quality x265 low size file in recent years, even at that a standard movie with a run-time of at least 1hr:30mins will average a size of between 700mb - 900mb for 720p and between 1.4gb to 2.0gb for 1080!... That's a whole month's data plan for most people in this clime!.
yep, it is all about where you download from. i remember a friend getting mockbuster downloaded for him - which is even worse. 'age of hobbits cheesy cheesy

Lemme me talk about the devices...I kid you not... most devices in this clime are still running Andriod versions as low as Kit kat and lollipop with an average ram of 2gb so the codec for playing x265 1080p natively is missing, so even with the app of a third party app, the files will stutter. Tvs that have support for low size x265 encodes are the ones made most likely after 2016. People in this clime still use a 2012 Samsung 42inches plasma with only native support for Mp4 and x264 Mkv files.

fooking no name chinko shit devices. i guess you're right about the storage - and also the device issues

one time , a family friends daughter was ill and i said i would copy some movies for her to watch.
i knew their tv was an older one [most 4k have quad core and can run x265] so i ensured i picked files that would be compatible
believe it or not, the tv could not even play mp4s. i think the only file it supported was .avi, a format i have almost completely said goodbye to.

Let's face it..people download movies, see them, and save them to send out to friends or re see again. Most people in this clime won't have the storage space to save the numerous 720p or 1080p movies and series that comes out weekly... Someone with a 32gb, 64gb or 128GB Rom or Sdcard will run out of space in months. I and a friend had a challenge in 2020 to only cop 1080p and 4k files with a little 720p, and i tell you, it has cost me alot of money and time, i am on my 4th External Hard Disk with my total 1080p files at a ridiculous 2.2TB! at the moment.

yep, i know that feeling. my external storage has grown larger and larger over the years. there are now 20tb hdds out there. the only worry about a 20tb hdd is that even with the usb 3.2 , you will still have a hard time recovering files if the disc crashes

I have always preached the gospel of getting quality 1080p or 720p at least but i have seen enough reasons and constraints while is convenient for most people to just cop 480p at best and move long ..NN and recently Nkiri has made things relatively better for these folks...in the days of Fz and Movies mobile....A whole movie could just be 100mb! and an average series episode was 60mb.

damn this country [or maybe greedy sellers]and forcing people to celebrate/manage s**t angry angry angry. my own personal stand on entertainment is that if i am going to give up some hours of productivity, the enjoyment must be maxed out.

in 2015 i wanted to buy a 65 inch tv. prices were 550 and above and out of my budget,i found some dudes selling hisense, and they wanted to sell at 600k. i knew it was overpriced and waka pass. the next year, fouani started selling those 65 inch hisesne at 250k. sometimes it is just the fooking greed of hustlers 'struggling to feed their families'

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 10:06am On Aug 18, 2022
DanielOyaskii:

Too much sense dey this post.
I wish I can like it 1000 times.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 10:11am On Aug 18, 2022
GloriousGbola:

In 2013, I bought a 50 inch 720p TV. Everything was crisp on the TV. Today TVs are 1080p or 4k. Your 480p video will not look good.watch different sizes of videos on your pc. I use daum pot player which will play the videos at their actual resolution. Maximize a 480p video and you will immediately see the blurring.

I stopped messing with overly compressed video when I realized how those 10 in one dvds ruin your viewing experience.

If you take the time to curate your suppliers on the high seas you can get fair sized 720p and 1080p

Good for you, meanwhile not everyone can afford to download 720p and 1080p videos.

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 10:19am On Aug 18, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Good for you, meanwhile not everyone can afford to download 720p and 1080p videos.

good for you - go and watch 288p videos smiley

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DanielOyaskii(m): 10:24am On Aug 18, 2022
GloriousGbola:

all those indian 'upscaled' 480p videos

yep, it is all about where you download from. i remember a friend getting mockbuster downloaded for him - which is even worse. 'age of hobbits cheesy cheesy

fooking no name chinko shit devices. i guess you're right about the storage - and also the device issues

one time , a family friends daughter was ill and i said i would copy some movies for her to watch.
i knew their tv was an older one [most 4k have quad core and can run x265] so i ensured i picked files that would be compatible
believe it or not, the tv could not even play mp4s. i think the only file it supported was .avi, a format i have almost completely said goodbye to.

yep, i know that feeling. my external storage has grown larger and larger over the years. there are now 20tb hdds out there. the only worry about a 20tb hdd is that even with the usb 3.2 , you will still have a hard time recovering files if the disc crashes

damn this country [or maybe greedy sellers]and forcing people to celebrate/manage s**t angry angry angry. my own personal stand on entertainment is that if i am going to give up some hours of productivity, the enjoyment must be maxed out.

in 2015 i wanted to buy a 65 inch tv. prices were 550 and above and out of my budget,i found some dudes selling hisense, and they wanted to sell at 600k. i knew it was overpriced and waka pass. the next year, fouani started selling those 65 inch hisesne at 250k. sometimes it is just the fooking greed of hustlers 'struggling to feed their families'
Howling at your screenshot shocked shocked Good Lord! How many drives do you have??

And i thought 4 External HDD for me was an overkill...

My fear is one of these drive failing....i have an LG 1TB from 2014 that it's on his last leg now and i am praying it endures till i can do a full backup. My friend's 4TB HDD crashed this year and he almost ran mad grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 10:28am On Aug 18, 2022
DanielOyaskii:
Howling at your screenshot shocked shocked Good Lord! How many drives do you have??

from books to downloads it is really three onbaord drives partitioned for different purposes

it is from tv shows down that the drives are external drives - 8 3.5 inch drives in two 4 drive bay enclosures. [i got tired of running 8 different chargers]

My fear is one of these drive failing....i have an LG 1TB from 2014 that it's on his last leg now and i am praying it endures till i can do a full backup. My friend's 4TB HDD crashed this year and he almost ran mad grin grin

crystaldiskinfo

run it once a week

it will give you an idea of the condition of your drives

one of my drives - a newer one for that matter angry is giving caution warnings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 10:29am On Aug 18, 2022
GloriousGbola:

good for you - go and watch 288p videos smiley

Like dude, I stream my movies and shows so data isn't a problem but I also have enough awareness to know the current state of the economy.
Unlike you, I understand why some people would choose 480p videos instead of higher resolution options.
As long as it gets the job done and they are happy, I'm good.
I don't go around mocking them, calling 480p a shit resolution, posting screenshots of my hard drives, bragging that I own a 65 inch 4k TV, and generally being an all round douchebag.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 10:34am On Aug 18, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Like dude, I stream my movies and shows so data isn't a problem but I also have enough awareness to know the current state of the economy.
Unlike you, I understand why some people would choose 480p videos instead of higher resolution options.
I don't go around mocking them, calling 480p a shit resolution, posting screenshots of my hard drives, bragging that I own a 65 inch 4k TV, and generally being an all round douchebag.

you can always waka pass. your betters are having a civilised conversation about formats drives etal. no acrimony.

when i see people discussing things i would like to have but don't have, i aspire.

you want to be a bitchass hater, thats on you.

and 480p is a shit resolution, much like you as a human being.

intelligent people aspire to nicer things. small minded people choose to maintain the status quo and bitch

the interesting thing is that i can actually, like DanielOyaskii track my hard drive growth - from an 80gb hdd in 2007 to 320 gb hdds, to 500gb, to 1tb, to 2tb, to 4tb and now 8tb

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 10:39am On Aug 18, 2022
GloriousGbola:

you can always waka pass. your betters are having a civilised conversation about formats drives etal. no acrimony.

when i see people discussing things i would like to have but don't have, i aspire.

you want to be a bitchass hater, thats on you.

and 480p is a shit resolution, much like you as a human being.

intelligent people aspire to nicer things. small minded people choose to maintain the status quo and bitch

I'm disappointed in you, chief. I thought you were better than this. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 10:48am On Aug 18, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

I'm disappointed in you, chief. I thought you were better than this. undecided

i am chatting with the DanielOyaskii, and the next thing i am being attacked for my preferences and choices.

one of the truly fked up things about nigerians s how poverty/struggle has formatted people brains

go to reddit - every other day on threads like pcmaster race, people are showing their rigs, setups etal

no one is getting salty and bitching about 'showing off'. they ask how did you do it, they advise on things that could be done better. some make jokes about selling kidneys or cries in family responsibilities

but all that nigerians, esp on nairaland seem to be able to do is get salty.

from my days in university, l learnt how low quality video can fk a movie up for you - and i simply do not go there anymore.

my friends and i watched a cinema dub of the lost world jurassic parkd and we all thought the movie was shit. years later i got a clear copy and we had to watch it again.that is how mindblowing the difference was. i experienced the exact same thing when i started watching dvds with 8 movies shoe horned in. i watched alien [1979] and the movie was barely watchable.

so i will not defend watching poor quality movies. low quality rips are one of teh reasons why you see people saying this movie was lousy, that movie was messed up - because so much of the movie is lost in poor audio and artefacts. you see that top gun moviie - i am not watching until a proper copy is out.

when you have eaten caviar, it is hard to go back to sausage. and that is what 480p video is unless you are watching on a crt tv.

i am not sure what you expected - but vawulence begets vawulence

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 10:55am On Aug 18, 2022
Zoharariel:

Your review doesn't surprise me . it's called "Hollywood" afterall what made you think they wil make a realistic movie on how the Russian military could beat them ?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2022
GloriousGbola:

i am chatting with the DanielOyaskii, and the next thing i am being attacked for my preferences and choices.

one of the truly fked up things about nigerians s how poverty/struggle has formatted people brains

go to reddit - every other day on threads like pcmaster race, people are showing their rigs, setups etal

no one is getting salty and bitching about 'showing off'. they ask how did you do it, they advise on things that could be done better. some make jokes about selling kidneys or cries in family responsibilities

but all that nigerians, esp on nairaland seem to be able to do is get salty.

from my days in university, l learnt how low quality video can fk a movie up for you - and i simply do not go there anymore.

my friends and i watched a cinema dub of the lost world jurassic parkd and we all thought the movie was shit. years later i got a clear copy and we had to watch it again.that is how mindblowing the difference was. i experienced the exact same thing when i started watching dvds with 8 movies shoe horned in. i watched alien [1979] and the movie was barely watchable.

so i will not defend watching poor quality movies. low quality rips are one of teh reasons why you see people saying this movie was lousy, that movie was messed up - because so much of the movie is lost in poor audio and artefacts. you see that top gun moviie - i am not watching until a proper copy is out.

when you have eaten caviar, it is hard to go back to sausage. and that is what 480p video is unless you are watching on a crt tv.

i am not sure what you expected - but vawulence begets vawulence
I agree with your sentiment because mine is similar to yours. The thing is, I acknowledge his point of view. What I can't fathom is why you chose to chide him instead of trying to engage him civilly.

Vawulence breeds vawulence, but I don't think that was his intention; I mean, he made some valid points. 480p resolution videos are adequate and are what many people can afford due to financial constraints.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 11:33am On Aug 18, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

I agree with your sentiment because mine is similar to yours. The thing is, I acknowledge his point of view. What I can't fathom is why you chose to chide him instead of trying to engage him civilly.

Vawulence breeds vawulence, but I don't think that was his intention; I mean, he made some valid points. 480p resolution videos are adequate and are what many people can afford due to financial constraints.

IbrahimMav:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 11:40am On Aug 18, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Lol, okay... I can see how that'd piss you off but still, you should have exercised some restraint. You brought a gun to a knife fight. Calma, chief. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 11:44am On Aug 18, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Lol, okay... I can see how that'd piss you off but still, you should have exercised some restraint. You brought a gun to a knife fight. Calma, chief. cheesy

my guy, you know how we do in these streets na.

some people just dey find trouble, and when you don't respond, they think they can bully you.

i am not yet too old for this shit - even if i post the meme

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
DanielOyaskii:

did the drive fail, or did it start giving formayt messages

when a drive has failed , you usually hear a clicking sound. however a lot of the time, if a drive has a bad connector, or an iffy supply, what happens is the partition table gets messed up. the files are still there, but you need to recover them

this is the real problem with HDDs over 1tb. they are formatted using GPT anything below that is typically formatted using MBR, and you can easily rebuild the partition table of a fked MBR drive in 5 minutes or less. but drives over 1tb, every time i have had to use data recovery software [runtime get data back] to recover the files. no way to rebuild partition - or if there is, i am yet to find it. The real problem with big ass drives - you need another big ass drive to copy the recovered files from if they have any issue. and you better ensure you connect the drives to the fastest I/O your pc has.

i remember the horrors of data migration with usb 2.0. i had a win 7 laptop with usb 3.0 ports. but usb 3.0 will not work in win 7 without you install the drivers. so i was copying from a 1tb drive to a 2tb drive at maybe 300kb/s - with a 1 week forecast. installed usb 3,0 drivers and i copied it all in 2 hours
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
Zoharariel:

If you look too closely at the anus, you will see a lot of rubbish
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DanielOyaskii(m): 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2022
GloriousGbola:

did the drive fail, or did it start giving formayt messages

when a drive has failed , you usually hear a clicking sound. however a lot of the time, if a drive has a bad connector, or an iffy supply, what happens is the partition table gets messed up. the files are still there, but you need to recover them

this is the real problem with HDDs over 1tb. they are formatted using GPT anything below that is typically formatted using MBR, and you can easily rebuild the partition table of a fked MBR drive in 5 minutes or less. but drives over 1tb, every time i have had to use data recovery software [runtime get data back] to recover the files. no way to rebuild partition - or if there is, i am yet to find it. The real problem with big ass drives - you need another big ass drive to copy the recovered files from if they have any issue. and you better ensure you connect the drives to the fastest I/O your pc has.

i remember the horrors of data migration with usb 2.0. i had a win 7 laptop with usb 3.0 ports. but usb 3.0 will not work in win 7 without you install the drivers. so i was copying from a 1tb drive to a 2tb drive at maybe 300kb/s - with a 1 week forecast. installed usb 3,0 drivers and i copied it all in 2 hours
The problem started with the write speed of the drive trickling down from about 80mb/s on USB 3.0 to about 300kb/s...when he finally raised an alarm and i ran the HDD on "Hard disk Sentinel" software...the health was about 5% and the drive wasn't even allowing us move files from it, i was still in the process of getting a good data recovery software before it gave the dreaded "format" message.

The advantages of having drives over 1TB or more are much, for one it is relatively cheaper to get 1TB HDD than getting two 500GB HDD to make up to 1TB...but the downsize is should the 1TB crash or fail, A large chunk of your files is gone, and as you rightly said, recovering a HDD 1TB over can be herculean. I stopped giving out my External HDD a while back cuz I don't want trouble..i got a USB 3.0 64gb flash i use to send files to other people, takes time but it's worth it.

I tasted USB 3.0 some years back and i knew USB 2.0 was proper trenches and i am not going back although, i upgraded to WIN 11 awhile back and the speed reduced for some reason I can't fathom so i am back to WIN 10 which along with WIN 7 ,are the true perfect OS, Microsoft have ever made cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
DanielOyaskii:

My big bros GloriousGbola must be experiencing paroxysms of extacy as he is reading all these technical jargon you're dropping.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2022
DanielOyaskii:

You don't even know the half of it grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
GloriousGbola:

from books to downloads it is really three onbaord drives partitioned for different purposes

it is from tv shows down that the drives are external drives - 8 3.5 inch drives in two 4 drive bay enclosures. [i got tired of running 8 different chargers]

crystaldiskinfo

run it once a week

it will give you an idea of the condition of your drives

one of my drives - a newer one for that matter angry is giving caution warnings.
I need to update my Microsoft package. Again angry angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DanielOyaskii(m): 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ishilove:

My big bros GloriousGbola must be experiencing paroxysms of extacy as he is reading all these technical jargon you're dropping.
grin grin grin I can imagine how his PC and Media set up will be like...full nerd territory grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3193) (3194) (3195) (3196) (3197) (3198) (3199) ... (3823) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Efeboyi and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.