Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3720897 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3338) (3339) (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) (3344) ... (3827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:49am On Dec 20, 2022

This movie is a visual spectacle. I believe it's best viewed in 3D...and I will be watching the sequel in 3D for the immersion

Aside the visuals, there's nothing spectacular about it
The plot is basically: paralyzed and mentally unstable ex-soldier betrays his specie for alien pûssy

It took me almost 3 days to complete this movie while watching from home.

While I have to complement their the work done to build up the tradition of these natives/ aliens...
I found that I honestly still didnt care about them.
I couldn't care less even if they were wiped out, I couldn't root for them.

And I couldn't understand why some of the main cast decided to betray their specie for them. I understand the MC was pûssywhipped, but what of the others?
It felt pretty unbelievable cos I couldn't at all see from their point of view why they gave a fûck about these natives...

Yh the characters were pretty bland

Anyway as I said before, the movie was made solely to be viewed in the cinema and in 3D. That's the only way to properly experience the movie. I didn't do this and it clearly affected my enjoyment of it. Movie felt like a chore to me, couldn't wait for it to be over.

If you plan on watching AVATAR: THE WAY OF THE WATER when it's out for download, don't waste your time.

You either watch in 3D or don't bother watching at all. Just like the 2009, I've heard the sequel's only strength is it's visuals...and it's best to experience it in the proper way.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:52am On Dec 20, 2022
It's 3D or nothing for AVATAR: WAY OF THE WATER

If you're waiting to pirate it ...don't waste your time...
If it's just as I heard and like the prequel, you'll probably doze off watching it if you don't watch it the proper way
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 7:50am On Dec 20, 2022
toluxe0075:

Let’s start with the stadium attendance. Fifa said the cumulative attendance after the group matches was over 2.45 million spectators - which translated into 96 per cent occupancy - for the first 48 matches of the group stage. FIFA also stated that it was the second highest after the 1994 tournament in the United States.
This totally nullify your point that fans started coming for games in the round of 16 and stadiums being empty at group stage matches.

The group stages had empty stadiums....I remember commentary about Qatar reporting filled up stadiums while we could actually see thousands of empty seats during the matches...
Regardless, this World Cup delivered a scintillating experience especially from the quarter finals...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:09am On Dec 20, 2022
Baddestguyp:

[b]The plot is basically: paralyzed and mentally unstable ex-soldier betrays his specie for alien pûssy

This has to be the most abridged version of the plot I've ever read. Guy grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:27am On Dec 20, 2022
SOZINN:

This has to be the most abridged version of the plot I've ever read. Guy grin

grin it's what happened to be honest grin

Bro tasted Alien pûssy and gave up on humanity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
Baddestguyp:

This movie is a visual spectacle. I believe it's best viewed in 3D...and I will be watching the sequel in 3D for the immersion

The plot is basically: paralyzed and mentally unstable ex-soldier betrays his specie for alien pûssy

While I have to complement their the work done to build up the tradition of these natives/ aliens...

And I couldn't understand why some of the main cast decided to betray their specie for them. I understand the MC was pûssywhipped, but what of the others?
It felt pretty unbelievable cos I couldn't at all see from their point of view why they gave a fûck about these natives...

Yh the characters were pretty bland

Anyway as I said before, the movie was made solely to be viewed in the cinema and in 3D. That's the only way to properly experience the movie. I didn't do this and it clearly affected my enjoyment of it. Movie felt like a chore to me, couldn't wait for it to be over.

If you plan on watching AVATAR: THE WAY OF THE WATER when it's out for download, don't waste your time.

You either watch in 3D or don't bother watching at all. Just like the 2009, I've heard the sequel's only strength is it's visuals...and it's best to experience it in the proper way.

Na so
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 10thDentist: 1:47pm On Dec 20, 2022
Baddestguyp:

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RayMcBlue(m): 2:11pm On Dec 20, 2022

Don't ask me how the film ended, couldn't make it that far. undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
Baddestguyp:

It felt pretty unbelievable cos I couldn't at all see from their point of view why they gave ut

Too long for an ancient movie. Next time, make it short and simple
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
AnfieldFan:

The group stages had empty stadiums....I remember commentary about Qatar reporting filled up stadiums while we could actually see thousands of empty seats during the matches...
Regardless, this World Cup delivered a scintillating experience especially from the quarter finals...
so you want people to leave their jobs and come watch matches when they easily catch it outside
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
Baddestguyp:

liar. He never fùcked her
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2022
lusid:
are you sure you watched Avatar at all?
They fûcked...I fast forwarded the scene sef...
I had no desire to watch some Hot alien sèx
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2022
RayMcBlue:

pretty much same as the first movie...

I'm guessing you didn't watch in 3D...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2022
lusid:
Too long for an ancient movie. Next time, make it short and simple
tell that to James Cameron that made the movie almost 3 hours long...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RayMcBlue(m): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
Baddestguyp:
pretty much same as the first movie...

I'm guessing you didn't watch in 3D...

*IMAX.

Visual effects, scenery, the scale of everything is just mind blowing. The plot was nothing special, dialogue was shit.

At least, the first one was enjoyable. This one not so much.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2022

I gave it the IGN score for average because it was fitting. I was blown by the first one. An MCU-laden present makes this installment just another movie in the heap.

Thirteen years ago was a long time story-wise. Technology didn’t go far much since then. This movie showed me a SimOne future is very possible where we’ll have AI generated actors being centre stage as opposed to real ones.

The world building is amazing. It was so good that character development got the short end of the stick. I heard in the first movie the characters were meh. It was long ago that I don’t remember exactly. Characters in this were meh due to limited screen time.

Do not consume any snacks during the runtime. I paced myself with snacks because I read beforehand it was a long movie. My popcorn was around the one hour thirty minute mark while soft drinks came at two hours and forty-five minutes. I aimed not to miss a minute.

There were three times in the three hour runtime which I stopped to take in the beautiful visuals.

Around one hour plus in; this movie is beautiful.

Two hours, ten minutes; wait, that isn’t real water?! This movie is amazing.

Two hours, fifty-five minutes; Kai, this is amazing. I watched all this and never felt uncanny valley. Oyibo don finish us.

Aspects I commend:

The Na’vi looked good. I simped for the sea people.

More of Norm. I never noticed him in the first movie until I watched deleted scenes.

Replacing unobtanium with another resource. Humans will always find something valuable due to greed.

Gripes:

The Na’vi are ten feet tall and supposedly superhuman in strength. Throughout the movie this wasn’t shown until Neytiri was forcing open ship doors in the search for an exit.

Miles Quaritch was underpowered both physically and mentally. A young looking Na’vi body deleted his intimidation factor. How he managed to botch another chance at life baffled me.

There was very little in stakes in the movie. The Na’vi took almost zero casualties as opposed to the first movie.

I felt nothing for Jake’s kid. The flashback touched me a little.

Them suppose tie that Jake pikin flog am cane. Lol.

Three hours and thirty minutes for no bad. I expected so, but the movie was around three hours maximum.

Bonus thoughts.

Kari was a gift from Eywa. A life for a life. I doubt she had a father since Norm never claimed her.

I wasn’t bored while watching the movie. I expected the three-hour runtime from reading reviews beforehand. People in the cinema got bored and took pee breaks. We were four in total so frustrating teenagers were not a factor. If any scene was meant to be shortened; the hunting scene. It was too detailed.

If you can not catch this at the cinema, do not perform a disservice by downloading a copy. Purchase a 4K blu ray and preserve it. It is that amazing.

Favourite lines.

“Human! I will kill you as many times as I have to.”

Predictable “Hey, let me show you a trick. I have four fingers, right. I can ball them like this and…”

Twak!

“That’s called a punch, bitch.”
(The sea Na’vi boys learned that day. They never knew what a fist fight was before that.)

Cameron. Give us Alita 2. I can not wait.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by stonemind(f): 9:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
pls guys what site is best to download free Chinese dramas?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 100naira(m): 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2022
RayMcBlue:

wait you walked out before the movie ended? shocked shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:58pm On Dec 20, 2022
Just shows how the noise online is different from things with casual general audience. Aquaman still in top 10. grin Lol, despite the "pointless" noise.

Everything is a sequel, reboot, spinoff or adaptation.
Half the slate is CBMs. Ppl who say CBMs are experiencing fatigue still dey play. grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:00pm On Dec 20, 2022
Make Salma no kill person with hotness... embarassed

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 5:19am On Dec 21, 2022
lusid:

He banged her bro grin .. I think I would do the same too, humans treated him like shit anyway
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 5:21am On Dec 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:

The alien chick showed him life is more than carrying gun and serving your country , alien chick gave him a new meaning to existence , humans treated him like shit anyway grin I would do the same too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FBS: 5:49am On Dec 21, 2022
RayMcBlue:

hahahaha
I've not seen it yet. cheesy

Abeg, dem alphabet/agenda people dey dia?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Originality007: 7:29am On Dec 21, 2022
Prey for the devil 7/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:55am On Dec 21, 2022
blingxx:

The alien chick showed him life is more than carrying gun and serving your country , alien chick gave him a new meaning to existence , humans treated him like shit anyway grin I would do the same too
yeah, you'd betray your entire race and lineage for some alien you met for 3 months

Jake was the real villain all along
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AYmoneytips: 7:57am On Dec 21, 2022
how to get free USA �� number for Whatsapp verification 2023 | free US Whatsapp number 2023.

Watch now on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boIyXW3ZX-A

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ozil123: 8:17am On Dec 21, 2022
Please guys, where can one download Jack Ryan season 3?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Katcall: 11:13am On Dec 21, 2022
Luckiest Girl Alive 10/10

Very lovely movie. Mila Kunis is flat. No booty, no breast. Ashton Kutcher is trying. How can my babe be fine and not endowed behind and in front.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Katcall: 11:28am On Dec 21, 2022
abduleez1:
Make Salma no kill person with hotness... embarassed
old cargo. I remember antonio banderas and pierce brosna banging this woman naked in Desperado and After the Sunset respectively
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
I hope we see more hand to hand combatant Wonder Woman like this in future films. Gal Gadot's WW was limited to mostly Armour, sword and Lasso.

The fight scene between Wonder Woman and Superwoman was god tier. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqmGcJq0VE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by EniyanNla: 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2022
Where can I download this?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2022
The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent.....6.5/10

Okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (3338) (3339) (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) (3344) ... (3827) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.