Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,654 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3710445 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3388) (3389) (3390) (3391) (3392) (3393) (3394) ... (3823) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:08pm On Jan 27, 2023
neztar:
Who is she? I dont know her
She's the actress of Firestarter, she was given a Razzies nomination; 12 years old girl
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Seunpaul01(m): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
Okay

There are two movies I'm kinda finding it hard to read meanings to...believe me, I enjoyed them. I just couldn't fathom their messages.

1. The Menu &

2. Everything Everywhere All at once.

I could understand that number 2 was trying to portray a kind of invisible war we fight in our mind or thoughts. A kind of fights that goes on in a troubled mind to accept some new or old situations or circumstances. You know

And number 1 is just the hardest to read meaning to. Like, how did she escape not being cooked like others. Fine, she took charge like a customer should when a service is being rendered to her, got her food ordered her way and was allowed to leave. Others could have followed her way and do the same but didn't. Also, it seems the chef was trying to punish the invited guests or let say, tourists, on their untrustworthy behavior. But why die with them.

Please, share the message you think these amazing movies were trying to pass if you have watched them. Let's learn.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nostradamus1: 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2023
The happiest moment of the week:Confirming that William O'neal committed suicide on the day of the interview release.

The saddest moment of the week: Confirming that he had the honor of killing himself instead of being flayed and disemboweled like the pig he is.

2nd saddest moment: Watching that post-credit scene where he was waffling about how he was part of the struggle
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xtreme11: 1:08pm On Jan 27, 2023
I'm lokking for this movie, if it is available for download

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2023
Seunpaul01:
Okay

There are two movies I'm kinda finding it hard to read meanings to...believe me, I enjoyed them. I just couldn't fathom their messages.

1. The Menu &

I could understand that number 2 was trying to portray a kind of invisible war we fight in our mind or thoughts. A kind of fights that goes on in a troubled mind to accept some new or old situations or circumstances. You know

And number 1 is just the hardest to read meaning to. Like, how did she escape not being cooked like others. Fine, she took charge like a customer should when a service is being rendered to her, got her food ordered her way and was allowed to leave. Others could have followed her way and do the same but didn't. Also, it seems the chef was trying to punish the invited guests or let say, tourists, on their untrustworthy behavior. But why die with them.

Please, share the message you think these amazing movies were trying to pass if you have watched them. Let's learn.

The menu is utter nonsense if u look at it from a logical angle.

Why didn't anyone grow enough balls to smash the chefs head with a steel chair?

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2023
The Ritual (2017)....8.5

Similar to Midsommar but more intense, creepy and fvcked up.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
Miracood2:

1....they are cowards.
2....the chef has his henchmen around him at all times, so even if someone had attempted to harm him, he'd have been thwarted just as quickly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by just2endowed: 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2023
Avartarr 2009 mehn that movie is very Interesting
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2023
Seunpaul01:
Okay

1. The Menu &

1....When she visited the chef's house, while glancing at the portraits, she noticed that he was the happiest when he was making a hamburger.
2....You answered your own question. The chef has already made up his mind to kill the guest so even if they had emulated the hooker, it wouldn't have made any difference. He only let her go because she wasn't part of his original plan.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Seunpaul01(m): 9:15pm On Jan 27, 2023
IbrahimMav:

1....When she visited the chef's house, while glancing at the portraits, she noticed that he was the happiest when he was making a hamburger.
2....You answered your own question. The chef has already made up his mind to kill the guest so even if they had emulated the hooker, it wouldn't have made any difference. He only let her go because she wasn't part of his original plan.

Well I wanted to know the message the movie passed.

I'd say it has to do with us taking charge of situations we engage in. Remember that, Anya told the man she was with that he should speak to the chef and demand that he want some changes to his order since he paid for the food show or tour. But he was carried away by how he want the chef to like him. So he forget his rights and the authority he have over the chef himself. Inferiority complex. I think that's it, the movie just preached about inferiority complex. Infact, alot of the food tourist we're carried away by the fancy foods and how good the chef is that they loose their sense of self.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Seunpaul01(m): 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
Miracood2:

Lolz... yeah. I in fact researched those foods on google to know they are even real.

They have loosed their sense of self in the process of being entertained by the chef, so it's hard to fight back when your level of confidence is totally down.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Samuell2019(m): 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2023
You people 6/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 11:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
ShaqFu:
Already seen it. Was thinking the picture quality was going to be shitty but it isn't.

I guess it's time for me to see Dirty Harry and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Do you feel lucky? Well do ya? Do ya punk?

cheesy

Happy downloading

You want to go on a Clint Eastwood binge you need to watch unforgiven

Also gran torino
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GRIMMJOE(m): 3:13am On Jan 28, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

@ bolded, I just checked again. At the end when everyone was standing outside looking at the UFO spaceship, someone at the background was just walking behind an iron mesh wall, going about his normal life
You are an idรญot, as if spoiling the plot wasn't enough, you had to show us the pictures of those that survived, and I really wanted to see the movies, bunch of insensitive animals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GRIMMJOE(m): 3:36am On Jan 28, 2023
Hereditary : 4/10

There is nothing scary about this movie, please you people should stop recommend nonsense.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 6:28am On Jan 28, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Do you feel lucky? Well do ya? Do ya punk?

cheesy

Happy downloading

You want to go on a Clint Eastwood binge you need to watch unforgiven

Also gran torino
I've seen Unforgiven and Grand Torino, very good movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jeon(f): 6:34am On Jan 28, 2023
๐Ÿ˜ป in ๐Ÿ‘ข.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by maidaboi(m): 7:55am On Jan 28, 2023
Brotherhood 5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:13am On Jan 28, 2023
Very poor week I've had in terms of movie watchtime. Absolutely horrendous in comparison to my last 4 weeks. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ™ƒ

Anyways, I hope to compensate this weekend. I just dey download all week without watching. undecided

By next week Wakanda Forever go dey available sha.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:59am On Jan 28, 2023
Weekend Movie

- Pom Poko (1994)

With the increasing need for Tokyo to expand as one of Japan's major cities, inevitable sacrifices must be made so that changes can take place. One of these sacrifices is that the room for nature and wildlife to flourish will decrease significantly over time. As this decline continues, many animal communities experience the brunt of urbanization. One such community known as the "Tanuki," a type of magical shape-shifting mammal, is caught up in a struggle to defend their beloved forest from being absorbed by the looming threat of an expanding Tokyo.

As more and more Tanuki find themselves with nowhere to hide and territorial fights become increasingly regular amongst the different factions of the community, the elder Tanuki Oroku decides that something must be done. For the sake of their home as well as the safety of their future generations, the Tanuki unite as one with the hope that together they may be able to repel mankind's construction projects and scare them away from the forests using their shapeshifting abilities.

But as they begin their first attempts at sabotage, the Tanuki soon realize the operation will be no easy task. Will they reclaim their forest as a united community, or will they be torn apart by a war against humanity, blinded by anger and pain after witnessing nature's destruction?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 9:32am On Jan 28, 2023
๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 9:34am On Jan 28, 2023
IngeniousLeez:
๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Cc Oyaskii
Person wey no even smell BAFTA nominations for her home country.... ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿง๐Ÿง

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 10:00am On Jan 28, 2023
SOZINN:

Yeah and the other one.

Wait, so she did Till too...
Saw Clemency a while back, not sure I can see Till...But with these two, she's got a solid rรฉsumรฉ..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 10:01am On Jan 28, 2023
Shotgun wedding 2023

Jennifer Lopez nailed it

Had a good laugh...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 10:03am On Jan 28, 2023
ShaqFu:
I've seen Unforgiven and Grand Torino, very good movies.

Check out Million Dollar Baby..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 10:07am On Jan 28, 2023
Kaycee7:
Weekend Movie

- Pom Poko (1994)

With the increasing need for Tokyo to expand as one of Japan's major cities, inevitable sacrifices must be made so that changes can take place. One of these sacrifices is that the room for nature and wildlife to flourish will decrease significantly over time. As this decline continues, many animal communities experience the brunt of urbanization. One such community known as the "Tanuki," a type of magical shape-shifting mammal, is caught up in a struggle to defend their beloved forest from being absorbed by the looming threat of an expanding Tokyo.

As more and more Tanuki find themselves with nowhere to hide and territorial fights become increasingly regular amongst the different factions of the community, the elder Tanuki Oroku decides that something must be done. For the sake of their home as well as the safety of their future generations, the Tanuki unite as one with the hope that together they may be able to repel mankind's construction projects and scare them away from the forests using their shapeshifting abilities.

But as they begin their first attempts at sabotage, the Tanuki soon realize the operation will be no easy task. Will they reclaim their forest as a united community, or will they be torn apart by a war against humanity, blinded by anger and pain after witnessing nature's destruction?

If I want to get into Anime, what do you recommend...I love Naruto, but something shorter like 2 seasons or so...Or just pure adrenaline action Anime movies, like this jiu jitsu Kaisen movie... I've tried on my own but it's difficult so I'm looking for recommendations...

The main reason I quoted this is to say the Tanuki are cute...๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:22am On Jan 28, 2023
AnfieldFan:

If I want to get into Anime, what do you recommend...I love Naruto, but something shorter like 2 seasons or so...Or just pure adrenaline action Anime movies, like this jiu jitsu Kaisen movie... I've tried on my own but it's difficult so I'm looking for recommendations...

The main reason I quoted this is to say the Tanuki are cute...๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
Have you seen any others you like besides Jujutsu Kaisen?

-
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by EniyanNla: 10:28am On Jan 28, 2023
GRIMMJOE:
Hereditary : 4/10

There is nothing scary about this movie, please you people should stop recommend nonsense.
Its not scary just weird
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:38am On Jan 28, 2023
AnfieldFan:

Wait, so she did Till too...
Saw Clemency a while back, not sure I can see Till...But with these two, she's got a solid rรฉsumรฉ..

You done see am na. ๐Ÿ˜
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:40am On Jan 28, 2023
abduleez1:
Very poor week I've had in terms of movie watchtime. Absolutely horrendous in comparison to my last 4 weeks. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ™ƒ

Anyways, I hope to compensate this weekend. I just dey download all week without watching. undecided

By next week Wakanda Forever go dey available sha.

Will be waiting for your review on Teen Wolf
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 10:48am On Jan 28, 2023
Kaycee7:
Have you seen any others you like besides Jujutsu Kaisen?

-

No...The only Anime movie I've seen is Jujutsu... Jujutsu was big here so I checked it out and I loved the action...

(1) (2) (3) ... (3388) (3389) (3390) (3391) (3392) (3393) (3394) ... (3823) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: herkeem, jikins(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.