Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3723921 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3391) (3392) (3393) (3394) (3395) (3396) (3397) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:49am On Jan 29, 2023
DOyaskii:
She dey apply pressure steady and she takes no prisoners. They are have been trying to cancel her for a while now but she's sitting on one of the biggest and most successful franchise ever so that plan might be DOA for the foreseeable future.
Especially considering that she must have a jazz that turns controversy into sales for her. /s

There's a new Harry Potter verse game dropping and some folks tried to sabotage it by claiming anyone that buys the game is a transphobe that supports JK's "attacks on trans people"
Result? The game, Hogwarts Legacy, now has one of the highest preorders currently ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 12:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
abduleez1:
I just love this woman. No time for nonsense. cool cool

Too many of these late stage liberals are ironically binary minded. Our way or nothing. They refuse to come to terms with the fact that so many things are a spectrum. Very few liberals my age can make any sense out of they/them non binary / genderfluid and the alpabteth mafia capturing more letters than a sesame street episode.

Anyone who has read thew entire Harry Potter series would see the wokeness overflowing from the books. But here we are today. Jk Rowling is not down with transsexuals so burn the witch and her books!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
na everything wey dey my mind,you just talk.
This is easily one of the worst movies of 2023 and the year is just starting. Bringing Allison and the nigosune back just so Scott could get a happy ending at the expense of Derek was stupid.
What purpose did Jackson even have sef??
Omo them fall hand jare.

abduleez1:
Teen Wolf: The Movie.....3/10

Absolute horrendous flick.... Flat acting, cringe dialogue, wack writing and absolutely weak characters. The fight scenes even looked cartoonish and seriously dropped quality. It moved at break neck speeds the movie quickly began to loose substance. The core of the franchise was slow build-up to a storyline.

The only memorable people in this movie was Dereck Hale and his son and their relationship. The Alisson comeback from the dead is just a cheap gimmick to get fans back and it's the weakest link in the entire plot.
It's criminal to do this movie with almost everyone back without getting Stiles back. He was the heart of the TV show. Sidelining him removed the best part of the franchise. Guess Dylan O'Brien is too busy forging ahead with his future than coming back to this shรฏt.

Also, bringing back old villains instead of creating new ones and story arc made the story weak from the start. It wasn't even handled half as decent.

The only reason you'd want to watch this is just for the nostalgia. It's just a cheap grab by Paramount to feed some content to its fledgling streaming service.

Cc SOZINN
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DOyaskii(m): 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kaycee7:
Especially considering that she must have a jazz that turns controversy into sales for her. /s

There's a new Harry Potter verse game dropping and some folks tried to sabotage it by claiming anyone that buys the game is a transphobe that supports JK's "attacks on trans people"
Result? The game, Hogwarts Legacy, now has one of the highest preorders currently ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ As in...their hate and cancel is having a reverse effect. Its making her secure the bag more ๐Ÿ˜„
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kaycee7:

I see Hogwarts Legacy making bank last year and I dey laff.

No be same weyreys wey wan boycott their mama. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxa1(m): 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
Any Review for the Eddie Murphy's "You People" on Netflix?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
MJBOLT:
na everything wey dey my mind,you just talk.
This is easily one of the worst movies of 2023 and the year is just starting. Bringing Allison and the nigosune back just so Scott could get a happy ending at the expense of Derek was stupid.
What purpose did Jackson even have sef??
Omo them fall hand jare.

Na very very stupid movie. You know say na just now now I dey know say Teen Wolf series no finish for where I think say e dey. I never knew there was a S6 part two. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ I just dey wonder say why I dey a miss a few references. Cos even tho the show has been very long I watched it my younger siblings rewatching it few years ago helped me remember some and you go dey remember everything as the show goes. I just finished going to Wikipedia to read the series finale just to be sure I ain't missing something.

Wetin even dey vex me sef... See as Alisson take strong dey challenge Werewolves like say she get the same strength and stamina with them. I just dey vex as I dey watch that rubbish. See as a whole pack of werewolves dey run from a single hunter. Which kind rubbish be that one. I no one know as you take strong reach oo, you're no match for a werewolf, especially the most painful where she dey beat Derek like small pikin. A whole former alpha.

Jackson was the most useless of all. I come dey wonder whether I miss something, whether him lose some of him powers or what. Cos I no understand. They always like to sacrifice Dereck for the greater good. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ When them comot Derek for like S3-4 the series lose value for my eyes.

It's easily the worst movie I've watched this year and actually the first shรฏt movie I'm watching for 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
DOyaskii:
I generally consider "TDK" as one of the best CBM ever made and it did deserve "Best Picture" but the Academy awards have a warped pretentious perception of what a movie worthy of thier Big five awards should be and CBM are not serious enough or politically correct enough in thier books to be worthy of these awards even though TDK was as politically correct as they come and it even created a shift on how CBM were made from then on.

Oscars are a pretentious elitist bunch. And if they don't come to earth and relate with audiences very soon their plummeting views won't be what they worry about but their relevance.

Being bias and limitedly susceptible to change is proving to be their downfall.
At least now they are having a bit of sense to start adding well liked blockbuster movies.

The contempt they show horror genre is laughable when it's the most bankable genre and most flexible of all. As well as CBM when they're the most popular and most successful in the business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 1:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
That Derek thing pain me ehn,the same Derek wey don evolve finish,him strong to the extent the guy kill Berserker with him bare hands.

Jackson no lose him power but I no understand why dem put am for the movie when him no get relevance.
Everybody for the movie just dey dull,see Liam wey dey always get ginger,he just dull for the movie.

I no even know who be that low budget 'kira' dem put for the movie sef,the only thing wey make me smile for the movie na Peter ๐Ÿ˜Ž
E get one funny part wey Scott mama sef follow dey fight nigosune ๐Ÿคฃ

abduleez1:

Na very very stupid movie. You know say na just now now I dey know say Teen Wolf series no finish for where I think say e dey. I never knew there was a S6 part two. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ I just dey wonder say why I dey a miss a few references. Cos even tho the show has been very long I watched it my younger siblings rewatching it few years ago helped me remember some and you go dey remember everything as the show goes. I just finished going to Wikipedia to read the series finale just to be sure I ain't missing something.

Wetin even dey vex me sef... See as Alisson take strong dey challenge Werewolves like say she get the same strength and stamina with them. I just dey vex as I dey watch that rubbish. See as a whole pack of werewolves dey run from a single hunter. Which kind rubbish be that one. I no one know as you take strong reach oo, you're no match for a werewolf, especially the most painful where she dey beat Derek like small pikin. A whole former alpha.

Jackson was the most useless of all. I come dey wonder whether I miss something, whether him lose some of him powers or what. Cos I no understand. They always like to sacrifice Dereck for the greater good. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ When them comot Derek for like S3-4 the series lose value for my eyes.

It's easily the worst movie I've watched this year and actually the first shรฏt movie I'm watching for 2023.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
MJBOLT:
That Derek thing pain me ehn,the same Derek wey don evolve finish,him strong to the extent the guy kill Berserker with him bare hands.

Jackson no lose him power but I no understand why dem put am for the movie when him no get relevance.
Everybody for the movie just dey dull,see Liam wey dey always get ginger,he just dull for the movie.

I no even know who be that low budget 'kira' dem put for the movie sef,the only thing wey make me smile for the movie na Peter ๐Ÿ˜Ž
E get one funny part wey Scott mama sef follow dey fight nigosune ๐Ÿคฃ

The film useless walahi....
I just dey see the low budget Kira dey shake head. Dem no even give explanation for that one as dem dey give Stiles absence.
Na Peter even gimme small ginger as he remained the same and Malia.

Omo, that part wey everybody start dey beat the Oni like say na school children dem dey fight with. I just dey laff as I see Scott mama for there.
Oni wey hand everybody their @ss suddenly turn mumu wey no Sabi fight or dodge and block bullet.

The same Oni wey kill Alisson and Aiden for fight upon how skilled those werewolves be that time.
That Nogitsune wey fvvk up everybody mind back then with Stiles na en dem dey defeat with ease.
Kai...

Na God go punish the creator and director sha.

I'll probably go back and watch the season 6 part two cos I no fit leave the memory of that show with this epic shรฏt wey I just watch.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
abduleez1:

I just dey see the low budget Kira dey shake head. Dem no even give explanation for that one as dem dey give Stiles absence.

Omo, that part wey everybody start dey beat the Oni like say na school children dem dey fight with. I just dey laff as I see Scott mama for there.
Oni wey hand everybody their @ss suddenly turn mumu wey no Sabi fight or dodge and block bullet.

The same Oni wey kill Alisson and Aiden for fight upon how skilled those werewolves be that time.
That Nogitsune wey fvvk up everybody mind back then with Stiles na en dem dey defeat with ease.
Kai...

I'll probably go back and watch the season 6 part two cos I no fit leave the memory of that show with this epic shรฏt wey I just watch.

Just imagine. Make them just apologize for creating this shรฎt. Kai. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ValeeLove(m): 3:05pm On Jan 29, 2023
pu7pl3:

All of us but Gloriousgbola especially.
Why?
lol. What a name. I just thought to ask cos they are funny and entertaining and it's also surprising how they always have issues with every movie, no matter how good.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
โฌ‡๏ธโฌ‡๏ธ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 3:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
ValeeLove:
lol. What a name. I just thought to ask cos they are funny and entertaining and it's also surprising how they always have issues with every movie, no matter how good.

They make you see funny shiit about the movie you never might have picked up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
This wait is killing.... undecided undecided

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:59pm On Jan 29, 2023
ValeeLove:
Every movie, no matter how good, always has something that can be joked about or spun in a funny way. Also, check out Pitch Meeting, another funny YT movie channel
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
toluxa1:
Any Review for the Eddie Murphy's "You People" on Netflix?

Dry humour. Lots of chuckles.

It's average though.

Almost went for teen wolf but I just knew they'll Bleep it up. I'm keeping my memories pure on that one and skipping this movie.

I'll chrck Megan out instead.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 100naira(m): 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2023
nani667:
โฌ‡๏ธโฌ‡๏ธ
modified
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 100naira(m): 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2023
abduleez1:

Kai...

I wouldn't bother watching then.

the best teen wolf was season 1-3(part A, part B) The quality started to drop from season 4 IMO.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
Just read that missing might get to Netflix around May or even June. See Sony don dey do pass marvel. ๐Ÿ™†๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ValeeLove(m): 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kaycee7:
Every movie, no matter how good, always has something that can be joked about or spun in a funny way. Also, check out Pitch Meeting, another funny YT movie channel
ofcourse there always is. I've seen Pitch Meeting. The guy totally demolished Black Adam. There's also How It Should Have Ended.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
100naira:
I wouldn't bother watching then.

the best teen wolf was season 1-3(part A, part B) The quality started to drop from season 4 IMO.

I hold this opinion too.

That season 3 was goated for real with that Alpha Pack and Deucalion. It was peak TV.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2023
abduleez1:

I hold this opinion too.

That season 3 was goated for real with that Alpha Pack and Deucalion. It was peak TV.

What's the meaning of peak TV? I've been seeing it all the time here.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
abduleez1:
This wait is killing.... undecided undecided

Why are they calling it phase 1?
You must not follow the MCU template FFS...atleast be original call it crisis 1 or something else
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Too many of these late stage liberals are ironically binary minded. Our way or nothing. They refuse to come to terms with the fact that so many things are a spectrum. Very few liberals my age can make any sense out of they/them non binary / genderfluid and the alpabteth mafia capturing more letters than a sesame street episode.

Anyone who has read thew entire Harry Potter series would see the wokeness overflowing from the books. But here we are today. Jk Rowling is not down with transsexuals so burn the witch and her books!
I'm not your age but I can't make sense of the gender fluid crap

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
pu7pl3:

Why are they calling it phase 1?
You must not follow the MCU template FFS...atleast be original call it crisis 1 or something else

Lol, na just fans dey call am that or unofficially used by insiders. I don't really see a big deal to it. Alternatively they can say first batch or second batch but we know it sounds weird.
Phases is used Everywhere. grin grin Lekki phase 1 &2 in Lagos. Projects being divided and delivered in phases. I see no issue with it.

Na the same English everybody dey speak and MCU holds no monopoly to it. Unless na one dey read meaning into the word.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:12pm On Jan 29, 2023
Miracood2:

What's the meaning of peak TV? I've been seeing it all the time here.

Lol, just a hype word to prop up your favourite projects. Peak, as in the storytelling was in its peak and could compete with the best anywhere.
It means different things to different groups.

Alternatively, entertainment analysts call this era of TV development as peak TV era due to the quality and amount of money put into TV shows these days unlike the past and as well as the quantity of these top opulent shows with blockbuster movie budgets.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by godG: 2:38am On Jan 30, 2023
Seun:
What errors did you encounter when you were trying to login?

Seun, please. I would like to change my username. This is a long-shot, I hope you see it. Could you please change to agbaranla or morayemosa? Thank you so much.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:17am On Jan 30, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, just a hype word to prop up your favourite projects. Peak, as in the storytelling was in its peak and could compete with the best anywhere.
It means different things to different groups.

Alternatively, entertainment analysts call this era of TV development as peak TV era due to the quality and amount of money put into TV shows these days unlike the past and as well as the quantity of these top opulent shows with blockbuster movie budgets.

Thanks.

It means I can call a movie or show that I enjoyed so much peak TV?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 6:06am On Jan 30, 2023
Miracood2:

Thanks.

No, you can enjoy a movie so much and itโ€™s just average at best.

Peak TV have to be universally accepted by all.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:37am On Jan 30, 2023
Miracood2:

Thanks.

Yes, but the show has to be very good too. One of the best in its category.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 9:47am On Jan 30, 2023
๐ŸŽฅ The Last Of Us S01E03 (2023) = 8/10 โœ”๏ธ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3391) (3392) (3393) (3394) (3395) (3396) (3397) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Meel, HeadPrincipal and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.