Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3720236 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) ... (3827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 4:44pm On Jun 08, 2023
abduleez1:

Na dey always say email moderators... How many people know the moderators of this section? I never use eye see am here one day despite this thread being the #1 on this section for years.

How person wan contact moderators wey him no know him name?
Cao is one of the moderators of this section. She's here as she post reviews and occasionally diss logicboy and baggestguyp on the beat for too much shalayeing. 😁😁😁

If you want to know the moniker of the moderator moderating a section, go to the end of any page of the section , after you see the monikers viewing the section, you'll see the moderators there.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 4:45pm On Jun 08, 2023
BlackManta:
This is really sad cry

I remember when these movies were guaranteed hits

How has the mighty fell off?

I thought i saw "how has the mighty felling?"

Phew cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 4:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
oyaskii:
I'm almost sure you have sense, pls try to use it sometimes because you do realize it's not about how long the text is, but if it contains certain words it will get banned, be it a long text or not. I only use the "epistle analogy" to show how much time it took me to type it only for it to be banned cuz of probably one word, no better censorship can save you from that.

Besides your so called long text 2 days ago was probably your usual nonsensical ramblings on here that the Spambot felt it too dumb to ban.

Man said "You Problem", if not for constant ban, why do you have your "itprehxx" moniker running around whilst you have this one? πŸ˜‘
Nna nawa o

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
Octopusssy:

Nna nawa o
undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 5:50pm On Jun 08, 2023
ShaqFu:
Cao is one of the moderators of this section. She's here as she post reviews and occasionally diss logicboy and baggestguyp on the beat for too much shalayeing. 😁😁😁

If you want to know the moniker of the moderator moderating a section, go to the end of any page of the section , after you see the monikers viewing the section, you'll see the moderators there.
lies. Cao is an African american hoe from Texas. She just come here once in a while to drop movies. Hi, Cao, it's your boy nas from the block. I'll see you this night at Steve's party. Bring your pistol and condom along

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nilon: 6:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
WITCHES 10/10
Ikukumeku kumeku meku...ikukumeku ikukumeku kumeku meku
Suffer not a witch to live. Incredible movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
She's a gaming section mod not a TV section mod, the mods in charge of this section have probably forgotten a site like NL exists.

ShaqFu:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by eepeepook: 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
BlackManta:
This is really sad cry

I remember when these movies were guaranteed hits

How has the mighty fell off?

The type of confusion I wish on my enemies. All the trailers announce it will come out on the 9th, yet he’s sad nobody came out for a 4 p.m. screening on the 7th.

Nairaland has moderators? That is a new development. All the accounts I see listed haven’t shown activity since 2011. Seun should update the names to active moderators. Some sections have only one moderator whose last activity was in 2009. Nigerian factor.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by eepeepook: 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
abduleez1:

This forum dey tire person ehn. As you said NL truly has potential of being a peer competitor for those top sites. Cos the data and information here ehn, Google sef would be impressed.
The censoring is the most off-putting... Even insignificant words you'd be surprised to realise it's censored. The funny thing is NL is also a very toxic place especially those politics section despite the massive censorship.

I swear that fear of being banned has made me reduce the way I contribute here. One has lots of stuffs to discuss but as this place no normal, na to watch from the sidelines.
This place has nothing of relevance other than news on Nigerian politics. Is it the million mentions of waist beads Nairaland will use to surpass Quora or even 4chan? Let’s not kid ourselves. The forum is mishandled. The people in authority are immature. In Nigeria, a competitor can spring up tomorrow which’ll steal all the existing users. Till now, I find it hard to believe this platform doesn’t consist of only twenty people with hundreds of alternate accounts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by eepeepook: 8:35pm On Jun 08, 2023
Something I never knew would happen but want to watch anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5gSqnYAgeA
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
MJBOLT:
She's a gaming section mod not a TV section mod, the mods in charge of this section have probably forgotten a site like NL exists.

oh true that. πŸ‘Œ

I wonder why Seun haven't changed them to more active monikers (the ones with brains).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:31am On Jun 09, 2023
The menu.

Ralph Fiennes is freaking intense.

9/10.

Shout out to Nicholas Hoult and anya taylor.

Intense ......

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:59am On Jun 09, 2023
eepeepook:
This place has nothing of relevance other than news on Nigerian politics. Is it the million mentions of waist beads Nairaland will use to surpass Quora or even 4chan? Let’s not kid ourselves. The forum is mishandled. The people in authority are immature. In Nigeria, a competitor can spring up tomorrow which’ll steal all the existing users. Till now, I find it hard to believe this place doesn’t consist of only twenty people with hundreds of alternate accounts.

Only that guy that uses one faith moniker to beg on everythread on FP on first page ( I wonder what algorithm he uses sef) has 1 million of the 3 million moniker on their forum.

Honestly I think the owner is satisfied and I just laygh because better person never look him side and nobody wants to take away his food ....yet..

Remember Nokia Nintendo gameboy blackberry video to cd to vcd now its downloads. Progress is inevitable and maybe someone somewhere is already building the NL killer.

It's a matter of time. I find it disgusting to read some comments on some thread that are completely out of sync with the thread. General misconduct is the order of the day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:14am On Jun 09, 2023
Fast X is out on the High seas
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:48am On Jun 09, 2023
MJBOLT:

This section's mods are useless. Non-existent and inactive. Probably the worst I've seen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 7:12am On Jun 09, 2023
Spiderman; across the spiderverse- 9.8/10.

A sequel that does better than the original.

This is a banger, just like Guardians of the galaxy 3. It is a great emotional roller coaster. When the characters are happy there are positive vibes and upbeat music. When the characters are sad or facing adversities, there is haunting/daunting music.

I love the music.

The movie rolls through many themes in a properly paced manner- teenage angst, familial relationships, parenting, loss/death and heroism.

The movie shows how we are all subjects of our decisions. Do we accept fate or make our own destinies?

The jokes and Easter eggs just keep coming- just like the numerous spidermen and their dimensions.

This movie even ties in previous spiderman movies in an intelligent way. It also takes me back to the Amazing spiderman cartoon that I used to watch growing up.

Sorry, DC fanboys! It will be a long Time before DC makes any animation close to this quality.

One thought. In all of this, where does Madam Web fit into all this?

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gidah: 8:28am On Jun 09, 2023
This site is under used .Seun can get more out of it by putting in more .my guys say na old people dey read Nairaland

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:03am On Jun 09, 2023
The Lincoln Lawyer (2011)

There's no client as scary as an innocent man'

I was about to see "The Lincoln Lawyer" series by Netflix and i said I should see the movie which it was adapted from.

This noir court crime drama which itself was adapted from Micheal Connelly's 2005 novel of the same name about a defence lawyer who operated out of his Lincoln hence the titular name.

Mathew McConaughey takes the lead here as a sketchy defense lawyer, doing the dirtiest tricks in the book, to keep his clients who are mostly criminals on the streets, i mean, his plate number reads "Nt Guilty", apt af!. He showed absolute class and top form in the role, marking his exit from the poster boy of Rom Coms prior to, to a more clinical dexterity and range that his talents is capable of, serving as a stepping stone for his much more celebrated roles in "The Dallas Buyers Club(2013)and"Interstellar" (2014).

The movie itself was crafted in a smart and sleeky cat and mouse set up whichs holds the core of the film. A man seemly accused of battering a woman of the night, hires a street lawyer to prove his innocence but as things starts to unravel, there was so much more than meets the eye, throwing personal conscience out of whack, which was proving to much to bear, even for a dodgy lawyer.

The cinematography and sound editing wasn't of the finest quality but with a great co - cast such as the ever beautiful Marisa Tomei, Ryan Phillipe who just refused to age!, William H. Macy from "Shameless" and Bryan Cranston from "BB" made for a good mix. I had so so much more fun than i bargained for. On to the series now!

B+

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:38am On Jun 09, 2023
Dungeons and Dragons (Honor Among Thieves) - B

I was looking for a movie to watch, and I discovered this one with a 90% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Never before have I disagreed so firmly with an RT score as I do with this one. While the movie is engaging and humorous, you can't help but cringe at the conspicuous plot holes and generic scene arrangement in the script. Every scene features blatantly average acting.

The set design and CGI in this film, however, are superior to those in most films that cost almost twice as much to make. The ratio of good and terrible on the scale is generally even here. My rating was initially around a C, but I'd be lying if I said the dialogue wasn't a work of comedy art. As a result, I'm boosting it. 😁

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
Happy birthday to the man that conquered Amber turd, the great and legendary Johnny Depp.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
Happy birthday to the man that conquered Amber turd, the great and legendary Johnny Depp.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2023
πŸŽ₯ Fast X (2023) = 7/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Decent movie. Star studded. Enjoyed it.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 3:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
πŸŽ₯ Reality (2023) = 5.9/10 βœ”οΈ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
This girl way get premium boobs them just waste her talent for reality
Even cleavage she no show angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
NaijaMemes:
Spiderman; across the spiderverse- 9.8/10.

A sequel that does better than the original.

This is a banger, just like Guardians of the galaxy 3. It is a great emotional roller coaster. When the characters are happy there are positive vibes and upbeat music. When the characters are sad or facing adversities, there is haunting/daunting music.

I love the music.

The movie rolls through many themes in a properly paced manner- teenage angst, familial relationships, parenting, loss/death and heroism.

The movie shows how we are all subjects of our decisions. Do we accept fate or make our own destinies?

The jokes and Easter eggs just keep coming- just like the numerous spidermen and their dimensions.

This movie even ties in previous spiderman movies in an intelligent way. It also takes me back to the Amazing spiderman cartoon that I used to watch growing up.

Sorry, DC fanboys! It will be a long Time before DC makes any animation close to this quality.

One thought. In all of this, where does Madam Web fit into all this?

You are so right
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
WriterNig:
πŸŽ₯ Fast X (2023) = 7/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Decent movie. Star studded. Enjoyed it.

That was fast πŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
Illusioneffect:

That was fast πŸ˜‚
grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 6:46pm On Jun 09, 2023
Memory (2022) - 8.0/10

Just got to watch this movie today after it has spent almost a year on my phone 🀣

This movie is one of the reasons I don't read movie reviews before watching a movie... It's a pretty decent movie with quality acting from the stars in it. Liam Neeson finished the job and Guy Pearce was great also.

Nice story, great action scenes, nice suspense... Liam Neeson's still got it in him. Still baffled as to why the movie got low ratings on RT and IMDb πŸ€”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
Nilon:
lies. Cao is an African american hoe from Texas. She just come here once in a while to drop movies. Hi, Cao, it's your boy nas from the block. I'll see you this night at Steve's party. Bring your pistol and condom along
This is just weird.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2023
ShaqFu:

I don yab people on this site too much. I remember one time someone actually put me on a list of NL e-fighters. I don suffer for this place. But as someone already pointed out, I'm a gaming mod, not TV. But, NL (& life) na wahala ground sometimes, so haven't been as regular as I used to be.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 10:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) ... (3827) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: WriterNig and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.