Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3724257 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aspiregreat: 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2018
Oluwadare316:
. pls which of the movies can u recommend for me

Death race
Act of violence
Only the brave .

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hausadreturn(m): 9:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
Bryan12:
I was going through the 90th Grammy awards yesterday night.And it was overwhelming how shape of water bagged everything from best picture to best director. I don't know but it doesn't seem right.
grammy or Oscar?
Thought Grammy was for music.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:18pm On Mar 28, 2018
koice:

The Foreigner

Okay. This is completely different from what I gleaned on the trailer. I went in fully expecting to some age old cliche of an Asian man going on a Kunfu spree and taking down some bad guys (Looking at you Jet Li), but was pleasantly surprised. The movie was better than I expected.

The plot could be better, but the pacing, direction and performances were on point. The movie managed to sustain a tense atmosphere throughout, thanks largely to a sparse soundtrack, which in itself is kind of weird, because,The Foreigner is short on action. All in all, I enjoyed it for what it was. Nothing spectacular, but far from a disappointment.

- Premise 7/10
- Plotlines 6/10
- Writing 7/10
- Acting 9/10
- Visuals 8/10
- Music 6/10

Ratings: 7.2
Fair enough
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aspiregreat: 12:50am On Mar 29, 2018
Greatzeus:

What's your method of unzipping files, since it doesn't work till its in the srt format .
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Funjosh(m): 4:17am On Mar 29, 2018
lordfalcao:
wolf warrior, jar head foreigner

Link to download Jar Head Foreigner please
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 5:01am On Mar 29, 2018
Molly's Game.....

Outstandingly brilliant...... 8/10

The maze runner;death cure
the commuter

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 29, 2018

Molly's Game

I get that it's a true story and all, but the dialogue style, constant close-ups and montage made for a very predictable movie. I felt that it was trying to tell a story but without the compelling factor, which invariably made the movie meander longer than it should have. Overall, I wouldn't say it's a bad movie, just that it has too much dead air and needed to be a bit tighter with editing. An interesting watch, nevertheless.

- Premise 7/10
- Plot 7/10
- Dialogue 7/10
- Writing 7/10
- Acting 9/10
- Visuals 8/10

Ratings: 7.5/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 9:07am On Mar 29, 2018
koice:

Molly's Game

I get that it's a true story and all, but the dialogue style, constant close-ups and montage made for a very predictable movie. I felt that it was trying to tell a story but without the compelling factor, which invariably made the movie meander longer than it should have. Overall, I wouldn't say it's a bad movie, just that it has too much dead air and needed to be a bit tighter with editing. An interesting watch, nevertheless.

- Premise 7/10
- Plot 7/10
- Dialogue 7/10
- Writing 7/10
- Acting 9/10
- Visuals 8/10

Ratings: 7.5/10

Are you a movie maker or a critic?

Cos this your analysis, ehn

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 29, 2018
oyetpel:

Are you a movie maker or a critic?

Cos this your analysis, ehn

Not a movie-maker (I'm not that committed), but I consider myself something of an amateur movie/television critic - emphasis on amateur. I do post TV series reviews occasionally under "User Reviews" on IMDb. I think everyone is a critic in their own special ways.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 9:43am On Mar 29, 2018
koice:

Not a movie-maker (I'm not that committed), but I consider myself something of an amateur movie/television critic - emphasis on amateur. I do post TV series reviews occasionally under "User Reviews" on IMDb. I think everyone is a critic in their own special ways.

Ok.

I don't really like to criticize movies too much, except the movie have a bad story line or the acting was Nollywood standard.

A movie like Hangman made no sense at all.

Annihilation for example was interesting but too many stupid things. You sent women to a dangerous location, give them guns and they don't even know how to use them. Killed a crocodile, yet they were bold to take a canoe on a river (guess they knew there was only one crocodile).

I like when movies are watchable.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 29, 2018
oyetpel:

Ok.

I don't really like to criticize movies too much, except the movie have a bad story line or the acting was Nollywood standard.
People are often wrong on this, but been a movie critic doesn't necessarily translate to negatively critiquing movies. Not at all. It's basically the act of evaluating a flick in a detailed way, both positives and negatives.

oyetpel:

A movie like Hangman made no sense at all.

Annihilation for example was interesting but too many stupid things. You sent women to a dangerous location, give them guns and they don't even know how to use them. Killed a crocodile, yet they were bold to take a canoe on a river (guess they knew there was only one crocodile).

I like when movies are watchable.
I haven't seen Hangman yet, but I understand where you're coming from apropos of Annihilation. Personally, I think it's a good sci-fi flick with thought-provoking concepts, striking visuals, and some good lead performances that was ultimately, marred by illogical turns of the plot. There are several plotholes

- It's is ridiculous that no expedition could have returned from the shimmer. Isn't it smarter to send a probe first, y'know, something or people to scout out the edges and report back? Even with the memory lapses, that would have been completely doable.
- Wouldn't it have been more logical to send people that are extensively trained and mentally prepared since they are aware of the possible psychological effect of the shimmer? Sending in those untrained women into an unknown is a terrible writing.
- Why not stick in a camera on a long pole and poke it through the shimmer assuming that the probe didn't work? Just stick it in as long as it can go and then pull it back. It's that simple.
- Then the white elephant in the room no one seem to be talking about? Why didn't they attempt to return the memory card and evidence from the past expedition. The best way to understand the shimmer to is gather as much information as possible, right? So why press on, when the most logical thing to have done should be to go back with the evidence, analyse the data, and decide the best possible way to tackle the shimmer.

The movie is a hot mess, overall. I liked it though.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2018
Jumanji. Funny. Seeing the rock play a fresh faced teen is hilarious as fvck. Gilan is bae....mwah! Kevin Hart just played himself which is fine by me....it added to the general comedy. But the award for the best act goes to Black for convincingly playing a lame brain, self absorbed girl. Remarkable! an easy 8/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gustav25: 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2018
koice:

let's create an empire via a movie blog .I and you together
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Oluwadare316(m): 5:15pm On Mar 29, 2018
Aspiregreat:

Death race Act of violence Only the brave .
thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Oluwadare316(m): 5:19pm On Mar 29, 2018
lordfalcao:
wolf warrior, jar head foreigner

thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2018
gustav25:
let's create an empire via a movie blog .I and you together

Wowza shocked

Thing is, I do this for fun. Basically, it's an hobby. Besides, I have a day job, and even if my spirit is it, my mortal flesh would not have been able to meet up. Unfortunately, I'm no Clark Kent. Anyhoo, thanks for the thought, I'm beyond flattered. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jasonteague(m): 5:31pm On Mar 29, 2018
anyone seen proud mary. how was the movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by superfelix: 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2018
Pls all, I need sites to download high quality movies! I know of Tfpdl but it wil just be redirecting me when i try to download any movie..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Funjosh(m): 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2018
Aspiregreat:

Death race
Act of violence
Only the brave .

I just finished watching Only the brave............... We are just lucky in this part of the world can't just imagine such disaster happening here. I was moved to tears at the tail end of the movie cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Greatzeus(m): 6:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
Aspiregreat:

What's your method of unzipping files, since it doesn't work till its in the srt format .
On phone I have Es xplorer,go to your download location, select the subtitle file, from pop up, choose extract file here, that's all.
To use it on Mx player, go to >subtitle> open> select from location you extracted to.
Far easier than you know.
For PC, use WinRAR

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 7:44pm On Mar 29, 2018
Aspiregreat:

Death race
Act of violence
Only the brave .
which year are this movies?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hausadreturn(m): 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2018
superfelix:
Pls all, I need sites to download high quality movies! I know of Tfpdl but it wil just be redirecting me when i try to download any movie..
www.thepiratebay.org is your best bet.
But you'll need a torrent.
Like utorrent.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aspiregreat: 12:13am On Mar 30, 2018
Oluwadare316:
thanks

You're welcome.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aspiregreat: 12:23am On Mar 30, 2018
Funjosh:

I just finished watching Only the brave............... We are just lucky in this part of the world can't just imagine such disaster happening here. I was moved to tears at the tail end of the movie cry

ONLY THE BRAVE was one hell of emotional movie, Also didn't see that coming. It clearly depicts determination and sacrifice people go through in the line of duty. Nothing beats that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aspiregreat: 12:28am On Mar 30, 2018
Greatzeus:

On phone I have Es xplorer,go to your download location, select the subtitle file, from pop up, choose extract file here, that's all.
To use it on Mx player, go to >subtitle> open> select from location you extracted to.
Far easier than you know.
For PC, use WinRAR

I'm familiar with this method, I hoped you had a less hectic Method . Thank you for your time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aspiregreat: 12:29am On Mar 30, 2018
J2381:
which year are this movies?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aspiregreat: 12:59am On Mar 30, 2018
Outsider 5/10

Dead on arrival - watching
You only live once
Along with the Gods;the two worlds
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hausadreturn(m): 2:25am On Mar 30, 2018
Erin Brokovic
Monalisa smile
Pretty woman
Sleeping with the enemy.

All Julia Roberts.

#classic.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Funjosh(m): 4:20am On Mar 30, 2018
Aspiregreat:

ONLY THE BRAVE was one hell of emotional movie, Also didn't see that coming. It clearly depicts determination and sacrifice people go through in the line of duty. Nothing beats that.

The speed at which the fire was moving I was shocked, Francis ought to have been the first to die he will forever be haunted by the death of his colleagues. cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
All The Money In The World - 9/10

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.