Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (790) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3724036 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2018
sod09:
thankfully,we don't use scarecrows in naija cheesy
New generation horror are boring AF

grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by zzzzy: 6:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
Upgrade - 8/10, wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was, definitely one of the best movies I've watched this year
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

The flying monster thing certainly scared the poor school kids too. Too bad none of them made it. grin
Eku spoiling
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I'm in love with found-footage horror since REC. There is something about seeing things from a first person POV that enhances the experience into being more real, intimate and scary.
Ya REC was nice too. Found footage is a very immersive experience. So are POV games
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
Damfostopper:
I have seen Ring 1 and 2......3 came out in January but didn't bother to download cos of the reviews..... not that scary to me.....

my scary movie list is just - Wrong turn 5....Conjuring 2....Wolf creek.... Autopsy of Jane doe.... Evil dead ......These ones sent shocks down my spine

thou av watch....cabin in the Woods.... exorcist.... nightmare on Elm street.... Hills have eyes.... Anabelle creation.... insidious 1-4.....Saw.... Get out... Chain saw massacre ....Jaws....all these ones are just there.... it didn't move me
Ring 3 is thrash. Insidious 4 is super boring... Quite sad that good horror movies are hard to come by nowadays. Jigsaw was another thrash.

(Edited)
Notable Mentions - Veronica, Winchester, Demon House (Documentary), The Grudge 1 & 2, Lights Out

Annabelle Creation move me small o cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
Ishilove:

Eku spoiling
you've not seen Jeepers Creepers 2? shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 11:08pm On Aug 20, 2018
olu4life:

Ring 3 is thrash. Insidious 4 is super boring... Quite sad that good horror movies are hard to come by nowadays. Jigsaw was another thrash.

Notable Mentions - Veronica, Winchester, Demon House (Documentary), The Grudge 1 & 2
ya... jigsaw failed big time
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 11:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
Commuter 2018.....5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
AfroSamurai:
you've not seen Jeepers Creepers 2? shocked
I've not even watched JC 1, talk more or JC 2
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
Damfostopper:
Commuter 2018.....5/10
Commuters, 5/10 ke??

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 11:17pm On Aug 20, 2018
Ishilove:

oh. watch it, you'll like it. it's actually funny if you see the humour in it. though it's not like your regular horror movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 11:21pm On Aug 20, 2018
Ishilove:
Commuters, 5/10 ke??
lol conversation conversation all through
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints2: 2:33am On Aug 21, 2018
Damfostopper:
I have seen Ring 1 and 2......3 came out in January but didn't bother to download cos of the reviews..... not that scary to me.....

my scary movie list is just - Wrong turn 5....Conjuring 2....Wolf creek.... Autopsy of Jane doe.... Evil dead ......These ones sent shocks down my spine

thou av watch....cabin in the Woods.... exorcist.... nightmare on Elm street.... Hills have eyes.... Anabelle creation.... insidious 1-4.....Saw.... Get out... Chain saw massacre ....Jaws....all these ones are just there.... it didn't move me
try the exorcist
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 2:44am On Aug 21, 2018
A Quiet Place.

Em, they never really told us what happened to everyone and who/what brought the creatures. Or did I miss something?

I rate it 5/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints2: 2:50am On Aug 21, 2018
AfroSamurai:
A Quiet Place.

Em, they never really told us what happened to everyone and who/what brought the creatures. Or did I miss something?

I rate it 5/10.
well they relocated to that area to find a way to kill the creatures which she did becos for her to gather those facts she must have done that elsewhere but those creature are aliens who dwell in that place
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 3:03am On Aug 21, 2018
sprints2:
well they relocated to that area to find a way to kill the creatures which she did becos for her to gather those facts she must have done that elsewhere but those creature are aliens who dwell in that place
she didn't gather those facts, her father did. the facts where gather right in that same house over time.

The producers didn't include vital detail relating to the creatures.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 21, 2018
Ishilove:

Eku spoiling

C'mon, everyone knows that horrors rarely end well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 21, 2018
troubleseller:
Ya REC was nice too. Found footage is a very immersive experience. So are POV games

Only if there are options to toggle between first person POV and third person's. Straight shoot-em-ups are boring as f**k.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:54am On Aug 21, 2018
zzzzy:
Upgrade - 8/10, wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was, definitely one of the best movies I've watched this year

Upgrade is one of the best movies of the year for me. Only Infinity War has surpassed it so far.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:02am On Aug 21, 2018
Hidden figures..8/10
Genre: Drama biography,history

This is the first drama bio that sure blew me away. This movie helps the audience better understand & appreciate the struggles of being a minority, no wonder it took home 37 awards.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 8:30am On Aug 21, 2018
Hereditary and Oceans 8 is out ...

Just hope Hereditary is worth all the hype.

*Rushing off to download*

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:14am On Aug 21, 2018
olu4life:

Saw it at the cinema few months back..quite ordinary and absolutely no need for the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by zzzzy: 9:51am On Aug 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Upgrade is one of the best movies of the year for me. Only Infinity War has surpassed it so far.
what intrigues me the most is that it had a budget of about $5m yet much quality
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:16am On Aug 21, 2018
olu4life:

I'm not a fan of Horror movies, but the ratings of Hereditary is so high that I won't pass the opportunity of watching it. I'm so downloading it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 10:31am On Aug 21, 2018
dastudent:

It's About a Wizard. Nigerians like anything with witches and wizards / Magic. Sips kunu.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 10:32am On Aug 21, 2018
Baby Driver: 6/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lanaVello1(m): 10:43am On Aug 21, 2018
Scent of a woman(1992 classic) -Al Pacino
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 11:03am On Aug 21, 2018
Nocturnal Animals.
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Funjosh(m): 11:19am On Aug 21, 2018
Viking007:
Baby Driver: 6/10.
That movie is bae
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
Ishilove:

horror films are not for babies... tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
Beorn:

I'm not a fan of Horror movies, but the ratings of Hereditary is so high that I won't pass the opportunity of watching it. I'm so downloading it.
Another hyped one is THE NUN (From The Conjuring Franchise).. Patiently waiting for the release cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: WHITELIGHTER and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.