Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,341 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (877) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3723913 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TissuePaper: 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
alexistaiwo:
I was patiently waiting for you to satisfy yourself with your ITK analysis.

For your information, the movie is a true life story, so why don't you go and act as an attorney for the Emily's family.

Maybe you will help them get the justice you think they deserve.

i know that it is a true life story, that's why I'm taking it really seriously....if it were to be fiction I'd not have bothered...if her family is willing to pay then I'll refile / reopen the case, and give Emily a well deserved representation. smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
iSufferFools:
Kaycee7. I understand now. I actually stopped playing Tekken after Tekken 4. Before the introduction of Kazumi. Didn't even know know her name until you mentioned it.

I'm sure you know prior to her introduction, players believe the devil gene was an abnormality in the Mishima bloodline, and Heihachi's hatred for Kazuya was that he didn't inherit it (my personal opinion though).

Anyway, it's good to know. Didn't even know there's Tekken 7 now. Stopped playing video games after I discovered Anime/Manga.

I can't wait for a live action movie for Tekken.

Tekken is my best fighting/combat game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
Have you been skipping your dosage?

Malaria don enter your body gan ni oooo

C
TissuePaper:
i know that it is a true life story, that's why I'm taking it really seriously....if it were to be fiction I'd not have bothered...if her family is willing to pay then I'll refile / reopen the case, and give Emily a well deserved representation. smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TissuePaper: 9:50pm On Oct 18, 2018
alexistaiwo:
Have you been skipping your dosage?

Malaria don enter your body gan ni oooo

C
I hope you grab my point smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by drollster(m): 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

URL

Thank you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2018
Evil Dead 5/10. Just because it did not scare sh!t out of me.
PS: I watched it last night around 1:30am.
It is all gory. Can some one recommend a movie that would deprive me of sleep for the next 2 weeks??
Am I normal for not being scared of the movie? Am I normal?

Wolf Creek 6/10. I find that guy who survived the killings too womanly. He does not deserve to be a man. Nothing scary about the movie only gore. Blood everywhere. I need a spirituality scary movie abeg.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iSufferFools: 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

I can't wait for a live action movie for Tekken.

Tekken is my best fighting/combat game
they've actually aired some, but they're all nothing to write home about. Very low budget with C list actors/actresses, apart from Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (the guy who played Shang Tsung in Mortal Kombat).

My best fighting/combat game will always remain Street Fighter. I'm still above to perform 200 Shoryuken non-stop. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iSufferFools: 10:39pm On Oct 18, 2018
Desperado.

6.5/10. Still a very nice movie. Like not every movie get to feature a rock band. That's a thumbs up for me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:56pm On Oct 18, 2018
TissuePaper, I've not watched the said film, hence I didn't read your analysis because it's filled with spoilers and will ruin the fun for me when I finally decide to watch it. Can't comment on your analysis for now.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TissuePaper: 3:23am On Oct 19, 2018
Beorn:
TissuePaper, I've not watched the said film, hence I didn't read your analysis because it's filled with spoilers and will ruin the fun for me when I finally decide to watch it. Can't comment on your analysis for now.
okay, give the movie a shot
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 19, 2018
TissuePaper:
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Rating - 4.5/10

Reason /Analysis

A good number of you guys may wonder why I gave the movie such a low rating, well the reason is not because of poor acting or cinematography or graphics, rather it's behind the message the movie seeks to pass.

Emily was an 18yr old girl who won a scholarship to study her dream course in college, and before now, Emily didn't show any signs of demonic possession but it was after she left home and stayed in the University for sometime that the demons decided to make a go on her, why?.. Is it that their house was a kind of hindrance to the demons or it wasn't time for the possession, This brings me to my number 1 point that Emily was not under demonic possession but she was actually suffering from extreme psychosis, epilepsy and schizophrenia... Which was proven by Ethan Thomas that she had actually suffered from Epilepsy during her early years.

Now could it be that earlier in her life when she recovered from the illness the epilepsy went recessive for some time and then resurfaced when Emily gained admission into the University, which I believe could have been a consequence of environmental factors being that her body was still trying to adapt to her newly found environment without the comfort or presence of her sisters and other members of her family.

The epilepsy must have become more aggressive over time and this is not uncommon for epilectic patients.

Also, I find it disappointing that the jury actually favoured the priest who was in all ramifications a bona-fide causative factor of Emily's death...a court is expected to listen to reason and proven facts which was exactly what Ethan Thomas presented to them, why should they have given the priest a time served sentence... That was really uncalled for... I am not entirely dismayed by the action but I do believe that the priest deserved an exemplary punishment to ward off further practice of exorcisms.

The visions Emily was seeing where purely brain work or mind games as I'd call it, it wasn't real..not even a tiny bit but instead of the priest to advise the poor girl to be diligent in taking her medication he was instead cajoling her not to and telling her that the drugs was a hindrance to the success of the exorcism... That's just all shades of wrong because although she was not responding to treatment at the time but we all know these kind of illnesses take time to heal or cure.

Don't get it twisted tho, I love the movie, and I was so scared that I couldn't continue watching it at night, I had to wait till morning to finish it.. Lol.

It's a good one nevertheless smiley

What's your take
Cc.

Koicereloaded
Beorn
Alexistaiwo
Thekingishere
Jeromeblack
Moulton
hey bro.. It's like u re an atheists.. Or agnostic.

Well every story got a two side, and as far as am concerned, the movie is a 2 perspective scripted story line.

A Christian watching that movie will agree 100% that Emily was surely possessed.
Me am agnostic, but lack of evidence doesn't dispute a reality.
Mind u Emily spoke aramaic and some wired languages which she couldn't have held knowledge of. Even if she learnt it in her catechism days, there is no way she could have uttered those words perfectly mot a mot taking into cognizance that it's not her lingua franca.
That movie is a 2 way perspective movie I maintain.

The judge tampered justice with mercy by giving her time served sentence, cos the judge himself was more even confused because both of the parties were good at what they did.

So overall, u scoring the movie 4/10 is way underrating and a slap on the face to the producers.. That movie surely deserves more..

10/10 for me bro.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TissuePaper: 5:58am On Oct 19, 2018
krattoss:
hey bro.. It's like u re an atheists.. Or agnostic.

Well every story got a two side, and as far as am concerned, the movie is a 2 perspective scripted story line.

A Christian watching that movie will agree 100% that Emily was surely possessed.
Me am agnostic, but lack of evidence doesn't dispute a reality.
Mind u Emily spoke aramaic and some wired languages which she couldn't have held knowledge of. Even if she learnt it in her catechism days, there is no way she could have uttered those words perfectly mot a mot taking into cognizance that it's not her lingua franca.
That movie is a 2 way perspective movie I maintain.

The judge tampered justice with mercy by giving her time served sentence, cos the judge himself was more even confused because both of the parties were good at what they did.

So overall, u scoring the movie 4/10 is way underrating and a slap on the face to the producers.. That movie surely deserves more..

10/10 for me bro.
yes, I am an atheist but thats not actually why I see the movie/event in that light...I instead percieve a situation wherein Emily Rose may have still been alive if only she was faithful in taking her medication and the priest never performed the exorcism.

On the issue of her fluently speaking aramiac, Latin and the likes, it's not a new occurrence neither is it out of place to find mentally unstable individuals speaking in other tongues as a result of spastic brain activity.. Most of these schizophrenics are smarter than you think, and in Emily's case it was also proven that she had at a point in her life learnt how to speak those languages she spoke during the exorcism.

So I don't think that's a good enough reason to conclude that her condition was supernatural.

Still a 4.5/10 for me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:21am On Oct 19, 2018
TissuePaper:
If you're thinking about taking up the real-life case, read up on it. The priest acted with the parents and Anna Michel's (The person the Emily Rose character is based on) permission. Her parents were on trial along with the priest. So don't be expecting the family to hire you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 19, 2018
TissuePaper:
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Rating - 4.5/10

Reason /Analysis

A good number of you guys may wonder why I gave the movie such a low rating, well the reason is not because of poor acting or cinematography or graphics, rather it's behind the message the movie seeks to pass.

Emily was an 18yr old girl who won a scholarship to study her dream course in college, and before now, Emily didn't show any signs of demonic possession but it was after she left home and stayed in the University for sometime that the demons decided to make a go on her, why?.. Is it that their house was a kind of hindrance to the demons or it wasn't time for the possession, This brings me to my number 1 point that Emily was not under demonic possession but she was actually suffering from extreme psychosis, epilepsy and schizophrenia... Which was proven by Ethan Thomas that she had actually suffered from Epilepsy during her early years.

Now could it be that earlier in her life when she recovered from the illness the epilepsy went recessive for some time and then resurfaced when Emily gained admission into the University, which I believe could have been a consequence of environmental factors being that her body was still trying to adapt to her newly found environment without the comfort or presence of her sisters and other members of her family.

The epilepsy must have become more aggressive over time and this is not uncommon for epilectic patients.

Also, I find it disappointing that the jury actually favoured the priest who was in all ramifications a bona-fide causative factor of Emily's death...a court is expected to listen to reason and proven facts which was exactly what Ethan Thomas presented to them, why should they have given the priest a time served sentence... That was really uncalled for... I am not entirely dismayed by the action but I do believe that the priest deserved an exemplary punishment to ward off further practice of exorcisms.

The visions Emily was seeing where purely brain work or mind games as I'd call it, it wasn't real..not even a tiny bit but instead of the priest to advise the poor girl to be diligent in taking her medication he was instead cajoling her not to and telling her that the drugs was a hindrance to the success of the exorcism... That's just all shades of wrong because although she was not responding to treatment at the time but we all know these kind of illnesses take time to heal or cure.

Don't get it twisted tho, I love the movie, and I was so scared that I couldn't continue watching it at night, I had to wait till morning to finish it.. Lol.

It's a good one nevertheless smiley

What's your take
Cc.

Koicereloaded
Beorn
Alexistaiwo
Thekingishere
Jeromeblack
MJbolt

It's being a while since I watched that movie (10-12 years ago more or less), so I'm unable to recall the fundamentals, but as an agnostic myself, I can relate to most of your criticisms. I think they are quite reasonable.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2018
Beorn:

You must have not watch Sorry To Bother You. The driest comedy I've seen in a while.

I actually enjoyed Sorry to Bother You. The movie has a certain cringe-inducing factor that I find very endearing and relatable. The twist was a drag of course, but the point it made was crystal clear.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TissuePaper: 8:10am On Oct 19, 2018
Kaycee7:
If you're thinking about taking up the real-life case, read up on it. The priest acted with the parents and Anna Michel's (The person the Emily Rose character is based on) permission. Her parents were on trial along with the priest. So don't be expecting the family to hire you.
hmm, are you sure her parents where also on trial with the priest...if that's true then the film failed to portray that part, Also if you watched the movie you will come across a part where the priest admitted to suggesting to the parents that she(Emily) should stop taking medication(gambutrol) as the illness was more spiritual than physical and therefore an exorcism was the only way out.

In law we call this a contract of 'Uberimae Fidei', that is a contract of utmost good faith, that is to say that the parents were acting solely on the belief that the priest being their superior was right in his advice, therefore the accountability would have hovered solely on the priest because the parents were not the ones that spearheaded the exorcism though their consent was given, they were merely acting under the instruction of their superior(priest).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TissuePaper: 8:29am On Oct 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

It's being a while since I watched that movie (10-12 years ago more or less), so I'm unable to recall the fundamentals, but as an agnostic myself, I can relate to most of your criticisms. I think they are quite reasonable.
okay, fair enough, I'm also about to watch God's Not Dead 2, been hearing a lot about this movie, I hope it's going to meet expectations.

Review coming up.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:45am On Oct 19, 2018
TissuePaper:
hmm, are you sure her parents where also on trial with the priest...if that's true then the film failed to portray that part, Also if you watched the movie you will come across a part where the priest admitted to suggesting to the parents that she(Emily) should stop taking medication(gambutrol) as the illness was more spiritual than physical and therefore an exorcism was the only way out.

In law we call this a contract of 'Uberimae Fidei', that is a contract of utmost good faith, that is to say that the parents were acting solely on the belief that the priest being their superior was right in his advice, therefore the accountability would have hovered solely on the priest because the parents were not the ones that spearheaded the exorcism though their consent was given, they were merely acting under the instruction of their superior(priest).
Didn't watch the movie. But was compelled to read up on the story after Alexistaiwo pointed out that the record of the demonic voices from the exorcism was used in the movie. As a Catholic, I find the accounts both confusing and disturbing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TissuePaper: 8:49am On Oct 19, 2018
Kaycee7:
Didn't watch the movie. But was compelled to read up on the story after Alexistaiwo pointed out that the record of the demonic voices from the exorcism was used in the movie. As a Catholic, I find the accounts both confusing and disturbing.
fair enough.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I actually enjoyed Sorry to Bother You. The movie has a certain cringe-inducing factor that I find very endearing and relatable. The twist was a drag of course, but the point it made was crystal clear.

I understood the central point of the movie. The jokes were more weird than funny.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 19, 2018
JeromeBlack:

I understood the central point of the movie. The jokes were more weird than funny.
Like I said, cringe-inducing. The humor is intentionally uncomfortable, but if you can get past that, it's an okay movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 19, 2018
Beorn:

Lmao grin grin

You wouldn't mind a quick synopsis, would you? The synopsis expert, Oyetpel, is on standby to give you a quick summary. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:50am On Oct 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Like I said, cringe-inducing. The humor is intentionally uncomfortable, but if you can get past that, it's an okay movie.

I read your comment in my white voice
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 19, 2018
JeromeBlack:

I read your comment in my white voice
Lolz. Can you elaborate?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:04am On Oct 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Lmao grin grin

You wouldn't mind a quick synopsis, would you? The synopsis expert, Oyetpel, is on standby to give you a quick summary. grin grin

Oyetpel don suffer for your hand. LOL @is on standby.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 19, 2018
Beorn:

Oyetpel don suffer for your hand. LOL @is on standby.

Well, he did an ace job on The Apostle, didn't he? It's a no brainer that he's the perfect man for the job. I mean, why waste your mb on an old movie when a synopsis machine like Oyetpel can tell you everything you need to know with just a few words, heh? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PROVERBZ(m): 11:47am On Oct 19, 2018
ComradeShegs:

Try netnaija
thank you
u have been most helpful I found it already
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:48am On Oct 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Well, he did an ace job on The Apostle, didn't he? It's a no brainer that he's the perfect man for the job. I mean, why waste your mb on an old movie when a synopsis machine like Oyetpel can tell you everything you need to know with just a few words, heh? grin

From 'synopsis expert' to 'synopsis machine' LMAO. grin grin

I think Oyetpel did a shoddy job compared to TissuePaper. With Oyetpel's, there's still something to look forward to in the movie. But with TissuePaper's analysis, one can tell everything that happened in the film, scene by scene. It's like watching the premiere of the movie. The analysis be like project work. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2018
The Night Comes For Us All

Netflix
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 19, 2018
Beorn:

From 'synopsis expert' to 'synopsis machine' LMAO. grin grin

I think Oyetpel did a shoddy job compared to TissuePaper. With Oyetpel's, there's still something to look forward to in the movie. But with TissuePaper's analysis, one can tell everything that happened in the film, scene by scene. It's like watching the premiere of the movie. The analysis be like project work. grin grin

As an unlicensed internet doctor, my professional diagnosis as pertains to the highlighted is that this is quite a savage burn. OMG!! shocked

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2018
Label me anything, just let me be enjoying my Airtel N200 for 4.5gb

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2018
shocked guy how you do am?

oyetpel:
Label me anything, just let me be enjoying my Airtel N200 for 4.5gb

(1) (2) (3) ... (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: JayVicky, HeadPrincipal and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.