Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria (24145 Views)

Miguel Is Under Rated / Who Are Nigeria's Most Under-Rated Rappers? / Eva, Monimo & Kayefi - Under Rated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by kerijay(m): 11:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
In light of the infamous NotJustOk’s “Top10 Most gifted Rapper’s in Nigeria” here is an Ironic list of the “Top 10 Most “UNDERATED” Rappers In Nigeria” as compiled by Foslims.

10. Shina Rambo – “ This dude has swegg” Yeah! Naija boy with Yankee Swegg, but whatever happens to the Swegg and his bars. They two don’t just concur.

9. Lynxx – Jollof Music extraordinaire Lynxx utunu Aka Mr Sexy *Lips sealed*

8. Cartiar – Most gifted aka Jesus christ on the mic

7. Pherowshuz - aka Mr “If I ate beans for a whole day I still wont give a shit”

6. Ruggedman- Uncle spit more in ur mothers tongue. Though it is not doing much for him.

5. illBliss – the oga boss aka oga Ross “Mr Flow so butty”

4. Skales – Bleh! Mr I am waiting for Wizkid to leave EME before I blow.

3. VIc O - Yeah! that dude blessed us with the bestest rap joint “why evils” on a Don Jazzy’s beat and NJO please why evil?? you left that dude outta list.

2. DRB (Fresh L & Teezee) – Yeah! The only blessing to that group is BOJ pls.

1. Eedris Abdulkareem- S/O to the wackiest rapper ever liveth since day one. Uncle

Compiled By Folslims

You are free to add yours

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by kerijay(m): 2:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
smiley.....hmm my topic made front page,well i'm gonna use this medium to send shoutouts to all my Uniben,warri nigguhs out there ang overall To God for making it happen but i dont really see the fuss about frontpage sha

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by ojoawo(m): 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
You kidding me right

Cartair, IllBliss, Lynxxx, Pheroshuzzz!!!!

Keri... I can't laugh abeg

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by yoji: 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Your post is misleading and confusing. The title says wackiest which denotes implies negative, then d body of the thread has "underrated " which denotes positive. So which is exactly.

9 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by danbrowndmf(m): 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
Guy u confused o,na underated or wackiest,if na undereted d list is ok sha,buh if na wackiest den guy u knw sabi one thing for rap

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by yoji: 10:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
However let me go with d heading. Some names on this list discredits the list.
1-pheroshuz: this is probably one of d most underrated rappers in naija. For u to judge his career on this1 line is plain ridiculous. U obviously haven't heard any of his albums. His last effort that had the hit single 'correct'' was a very very good album. The classic track 'sample' won terry the rapman a hiphop world award for best rap single featured phero and phero almost murdered terry. Mentioning phero makes no sense and can only mean it's beef.
2-ruggedman: veterans aren't judged at 1 point in time, but on the impact of their careers. In America, for example, .mc's like rakeem and krs 1 cannot match the lyrical strengths of new borns like lil Wayne and TI, but nevertheless, they are stil ranked as some of the best ever. This is cos, at their peak, they were d best and they showed another generation a style that never existed and very few could match. The same applies to ruggedman.
3-cartiar : this dude definitely had talent, jus that after his hit single, he just couldn't sustain it cos of issues that go beyond just the ability to rap. It's like saying Godwon and iceberg slim are stilwack they have not been commercially successful.

18 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by kerijay(m): 10:31am On Dec 13, 2013
yoji: Your post is misleading and confusing. The title says wackiest which denotes implies negative, then d body of the thread has "underrated " which denotes positive. So which is exactly.

bros try and get the meaning of the third line.....I meant IRONIC list

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by kerijay(m): 10:47am On Dec 13, 2013
yoji: However let me go with d heading. Some names on this list discredits the list.
1-pheroshuz: this is probably one of d most underrated rappers in naija. For u to judge his career on this1 line is plain ridiculous. U obviously haven't heard any of his albums. His last effort that had the hit single 'correct'' was a very very good album. The classic track 'sample' won terry the rapman a hiphop world award for best rap single featured phero and phero almost murdered terry. Mentioning phero makes no sense and can only mean it's beef.

Dude i've listened to Phero's albulm which was released in 2010 titled Return Of Phero The Great and there was nothing there...nigga rhymes were as plain as plain as amateurs having sexx for the first time,no complex stuff and the track you said was an hit track he even had to bring other tight rappers to make it blow......I've listened to his mixtape album titled Blood Sweat N Tears...nigga the only only thing that album could generate was that he featured Yung6ix who went dissing an underground rapper in the south

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by danbrowndmf(m): 11:27am On Dec 13, 2013
[quote author=kerijay][/quote]

U dis guy u knw sabi anytn for rap abeg,phero na him b d fada of metaphours ...even MI nd ice prince do pay regards to him in sm interview...hez nt jus successful commercialy buh lyricaly ice prince sef knw go near am

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
What is the OP really saying? Wackest or Underrated

Meanwhile. . . www.nairaland.com/1554419/nairaland-think-sing

#TeamGOM
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by kerijay(m): 2:52am On Dec 14, 2013
danbrowndmf:

buh lyricaly ice prince sef knw go near am

make i hear word
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by kerijay(m): 2:55am On Dec 14, 2013
god_of_music: What is the OP really saying? Wackest or Underrated

Meanwhile. . . www.nairaland.com/1554419/nairaland-think-sing

#TeamGOM

Yeah i meant those that people do classify as Underrated rappers but they are wack in the real sense
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by danbrowndmf(m): 8:44am On Dec 14, 2013
kerijay:

make i hear word

Comot dear watn u knw abt rap,u knw who b pherosious abi na bcus im knw dy do commercial,2010 im dy among pple wey MI rate as d best,...it jus lyk sayn ice prince is beta dan mode9 lyricaly bcus mode9 is nt doin commercial...or sayn drake is beta dan Nas bcus drake is doin commercial, wen we talk lyricaly ice prince knw go near phero, go listern awon boys wey phero ft olamide and vector...bros abeg mak una knw dy use commercial success dy judge rappers abeg.u fit use am judge some singers n not rappers

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
angryOP is confused sef....

Adaobi123,tell me how this confused op made it to fp plsSo annoying
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by fckyourman: 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Skales & Lynxx are not rappers. there are entertainers they sing and rap.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by fckyourman: 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Taylor184: .
satowind: .

See them booking space as if you get money for this.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by sowprice(m): 10:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
i ddnt c my name y?? ds list na fake
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
fckyourman:

See them booking space as if you get money for this.
for ur tiny nind abi grin
fckyourman: aa
Smh....let him without sin cast the stone first
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by tellwisdom: 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
kerijay:

bros try and get the meaning of the third line.....I meant IRONIC list

You are a foolish boi with No talent. What do you know about music?? sad

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by kstyle2(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
Sorry 4 digressin but y hasnt phenom blown....d dude is miles ahead of ice prince.....i so much luv dis his line'my last bars imma mak it count,u'r so broke i hear echoes in ur bank account'....datz genius

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
tellwisdom:

You are a foolish boi with No talent. What do you know about music?? sad
Your posts are always devoid of wisdom....
Go and die

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by homesteady(m): 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
Never knew shina rambo was a rapper undecided
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by bluejeff(m): 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
I understand this is supposed a funny post on the wackiest(if there is a word like that) rappers in Nigeria, but i think ill'Bliss shouldn't be there, likewise ruggedman, atleast for what he did for rap in Nigeria & not necessarily his rap skills.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Psychedelia(m): 11:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
satowind: Wat is this poo poo doing in front page?
@Satowind

Shey this bushman is still posting his picture all over Nairaland with his Ehindero face tongue

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Boll2010: 11:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
I don't see a good nigerian rapper I can buy his/her album......all they know is looking for fake rhymes.....like flowa,blowa,goer.....this are words to M.I

Bumping******more than a G'thang******Dr.dre ft snoop dogg!****** every night is for the old'G's on my playlist......real HipHop is culture,tradition.....there is salvation.....there is realty,there is life,problem are solve,it touches you reasoning! Damn nigeria rappers.....can't design words

Imagine I heard illbliss music on a radio station....nigga feeling like Real.Mccoy#Rickross.....rozay what a mediocre to hiphop........illbliss giving a punchline like "blackberry contact longer than your IQ" I was like what's this fuckery about dawg?

If I'm going to hear any new school rapper that touches life,give me JCOLE.....I don't need kendrick lamar dude is hiphop but his music at the end doesn't makes sense doesn't relate to life in the real sense

Or take it back to scarface,jadakiss,fabulous! Etc that was passion for the game!

And don't mention this cry baby light skin R'nB musician try to think is a rapper....while producing songs like.....HOLD ON WE GOING HOME,TAKE CARE!!! Dude is gay!!!!! Spit on him!!

Somebody wake me up when Nigeria MCs hips start hoping!!!

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by theripper3: 11:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
Include terry the rapman in that list.
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by DopestepTJ(m): 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
meh
Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by jaydacorsair: 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
kerijay: In light of the infamous NotJustOk’s “Top10 Most gifted Rapper’s in Nigeria” here is an Ironic list of the “Top 10 Most “UNDERATED” Rappers In Nigeria” as compiled by Foslims.

10. Shina Rambo – “ This dude has swegg” Yeah! Naija boy with Yankee Swegg, but whatever happens to the Swegg and his bars. They two don’t just concur.

9. Lynxx – Jollof Music extraordinaire Lynxx utunu Aka Mr Sexy *Lips sealed*

8. Cartiar – Most gifted aka Jesus christ on the mic

7. Pherowshuz - aka Mr “If I ate beans for a whole day I still wont give a shit”

6. Ruggedman- Uncle spit more in ur mothers tongue. Though it is not doing much for him.

5. illBliss – the oga boss aka oga Ross “Mr Flow so butty”

4. Skales – Bleh! Mr I am waiting for Wizkid to leave EME before I blow.

3. VIc O - Yeah! that dude blessed us with the bestest rap joint “why evils” on a Don Jazzy’s beat and NJO please why evil?? you left that dude outta list.

2. DRB (Fresh L & Teezee) – Yeah! The only blessing to that group is BOJ pls.

1. Eedris Abdulkareem- S/O to the wackiest rapper ever liveth since day one. Uncle

Compiled By Folslims

You are free to add yours

This ur post shows the height of wackness. I can see u know nothing about rap music. How could u put Phero,Ruggedy,Skales et al on this ur stupid list. I feel so mad at u right now and I wonder why this topic is on d front page.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by chupcake(m): 11:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
Boll2010: I don't see a good nigerian rapper I can buy his/her album......all they know is looking for fake rhymes.....like flowa,blowa,goer.....this are words to M.I

Bumping******more than a G'thang******Dr.dre ft snoop dogg!****** every night is for the old'G's on my playlist......real HipHop is culture,tradition.....there is salvation.....there is realty,there is life,problem are solve,it touches you reasoning! Damn nigeria rappers.....can't design words

Imagine I heard illbliss music on a radio station....nigga feeling like Real.Mccoy#Rickross.....rozay what a mediocre to hiphop........illbliss giving a punchline like "blackberry contact longer than your IQ" I was like what's this fuckery about dawg?

If I'm going to hear any new school rapper that touches life,give me JCOLE.....I don't need kendrick lamar dude is hiphop but his music at the end doesn't makes sense doesn't relate to life in the real sense

Or take it back to scarface,jadakiss,fabulous! Etc that was passion for the game!

And don't mention this cry baby light skin R'nB musician try to think is a rapper....while producing songs like.....HOLD ON WE GOING HOME,TAKE CARE!!! Dude is gay!!!!! Spit on him!!

Somebody wake me up when Nigeria MCs hips start hoping!!!

Everything you said up until the Kendrick thing is right buh saying Kendrick doesn't make sense is like saying 2chainz makes sense.. Like seriously, forget GKMC.. You heard Section 80? To be the only rapper on an Eminem Album no be Beans oo..

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 14, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? / CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts / Tina Turner Overtakes Fela In Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Vote.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.