Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,598 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

He Wants To Learn How To Cook Egusi Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / He Wants To Learn How To Cook Egusi Soup (1723 Views)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup / My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Learn How To Cook Egusi Soup by Harddaysnight(m): 10:27am On Dec 10, 2013
Nairaland women pls help me with a recipe of egusi soup. i want to learn how to cook my favourite soup.
Re: He Wants To Learn How To Cook Egusi Soup by weazley(m): 11:19am On Dec 10, 2013
Slice d egusi, poor groundnut oil put water, put sliced watermelon and add pumpkin leaves, put maggi and salt for taste,
Com bac here for testimonies.
Re: He Wants To Learn How To Cook Egusi Soup by jumzzy448: 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
weazley: Slice d egusi, poor groundnut oil put water, put sliced watermelon and add pumpkin leaves, put maggi and salt for taste,
Com bac here for testimonies.
grin you wicked oo
Re: He Wants To Learn How To Cook Egusi Soup by jumzzy448: 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
Harddaysnight: Nairaland women pls help me with a recipe of egusi soup. i want to learn how to cook my favourite soup.
Put your meat on fire, if you are using dry fish, add it, add your pomo, add your stock fish, add salt and maggi with onion.
When your meat is ready, if you are using fresh pepper, blend your pepper and add it to your meat, ads your palm oil and leave on fire for like 10 to 15 mins.
Put your egusi in a bowl, add little water to form a paste, then pour it. Leave for like 3 mins then add your ugwu or spinach. Add your salt and maggi but watch the quantity because of the stock from the meat. And also, egusi requires little salt. You can leave for another 3 to 5 minute. Your soup is ready.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Learn How To Cook Egusi Soup by Emma94(m): 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
You bad ooh
Re: He Wants To Learn How To Cook Egusi Soup by passionate88: 11:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
jumzzy448:
Put your meat on fire, if you are using dry fish, add it, add your pomo, add your stock fish, add salt and maggi with onion.
When your meat is ready, if you are using fresh pepper, blend your pepper and add it to your meat, ads your palm oil and leave on fire for like 10 to 15 mins.
Put your egusi in a bowl, add little water to form a paste, then pour it. Leave for like 3 mins then add your ugwu or spinach. Add your salt and maggi but watch the quantity because of the stock from the meat. And also, egusi requires little salt. You can leave for another 3 to 5 minute. Your soup is ready.
I do fry my egusi in red oil first b4 addin other stuffs
Re: He Wants To Learn How To Cook Egusi Soup by cynhamscakes(f): 7:54am On Dec 11, 2013
passionate88: I do fry my egusi in red oil first b4 addin other stuffs

Me too. That's how we make ours (Agbor).

@op there are different methods of preparing egusi soup. Though the end taste is not the same but they all taste good.

For you to get diverse info and recipes, Google your question and different Nija food blogs will pop out with different recipes. Go through them and choose the recipe that will be easy to you to follow.
Re: He Wants To Learn How To Cook Egusi Soup by weazley(m): 10:39am On Dec 11, 2013
jumzzy448:
grin you wicked oo
No now, y would he not knw how to cook melon soup, anh anh, amean who doesnt knw howto,
Op Yu get luck say nairaland damsels con rescue yu, hungry for slice ur stomach.
Re: He Wants To Learn How To Cook Egusi Soup by Harddaysnight(m): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
jumzzy448:
Thanks alot. Did as you told me and i pulled it off, i must say its very thirsty. Now i would save alot of money from my regular visits to Ada igbo's resturant and no girl will do shakara for me again.
Re: He Wants To Learn How To Cook Egusi Soup by Harddaysnight(m): 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
cynhamscakes:

Me too. That's how we make ours (Agbor).

@op there are different methods of preparing egusi soup. Though the end taste is not the same but they all taste good.

For you to get diverse info and recipes, Google your question and different Nija food blogs will pop out with different recipes. Go through them and choose the recipe that will be easy to you to follow.
Thanks for the info

(1) (Reply)

This Strange Animal Was Caught In Sapele, Killed For Consumption / Your 2010 Food Vows! / Help Help.... Pls, Am Getn Tin, Wat Wil Make Me Gt Fat Lyk Our Presido Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.