Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,293 members, 7,780,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:32 PM

Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC (5515 Views)

Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice / Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / African Parents In Diaspora: How Do You Raise Your Children In African Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by kendraloops(f): 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
My baby has been having recurrent boils on his forehead/head for a while now. They appear & in like a week or so, they disappear only to show again in abt a month. Same with rashes/eczema (not too sure) too on his neck alone. He doesn't show any signs of discomfort but I'm just worried.

Took him to d doc 2ice now, antibiotics n baby tribotan were prescribed but no diff. He uses savlon disinfectant (heard dettol's too harsh for babies dats y I changed to this) & baby tetmosol to bath. Lotion & all is of d J&J range. I also use dat powder in a red can ' Agnesia' for him too.

Any experienced mamas pls advise accordingly.
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by ayabunmi(f): 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hey, i understand your fear, kids can react anything from dusty environment to food they eat. Try to see which food he takes before the outbreak. We are advised to stay 3 days apart before introducing new food. Be sure he is not reacting to something.
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by baralatie(m): 2:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
How old is ur baby!
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by kendraloops(f): 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
baralatie: How old is ur baby!

He'll be 9 months in 2 weeks time.
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by kendraloops(f): 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
ayabunmi: Hey, i understand your fear, kids can react anything from dusty environment to food they eat. Try to see which food he takes before the outbreak. We are advised to stay 3 days apart before introducing new food. Be sure he is not reacting to something.

I donno what he can possibly be reacting too. As for food, he's basically on pap mixed with milk n crayfish then he still b reastfeeds too.
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by baralatie(m): 2:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
Wel u dnt need to be afraid at al.just checked.said u observe what the baby reacts toe.g.the type of clothing to dry him after bath,also if his cloth is oversoak in detergent.also u might to find a much milder baby soft and baby should be as les away from sweaty condition as posible.also said babies always overcome the symptoms.but moms should be vigilant for alegic reaction.also doc prescptn was spot on!
Kids doing fine!
Also said u should watch what u take since u breastfeeding!
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by kendraloops(f): 8:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hahan! No parent wants to advice? Tot I'd get enuf help here.

*my baby,this NL parents don't want ur boils to stop that's why they aint helping out.*
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by blank(f): 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
Maybe it is because we do not know? undecided
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
You cld try the health section.
Boils? As in big boils or smaller ones. Cld be a fungal infection rather than bacterial, dt cld explain why the antibiotic isn't working!
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by kendraloops(f): 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
blank: Maybe it is because we do not now? undecided

Lools. Don't mind me ni. I guess I'm too anxious.
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by kendraloops(f): 8:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
alutacontinua: You cld try the health section.
Boils? As in big boils or smaller ones. Cld be a fungal infection rather than bacterial, dt cld explain why the antibiotic isn't working!
Small ones, a little bigger than pimples. Not much,jst like 5 or so. Its the re-occurence that worries me.

I'll move it to d health section lik u advised. Tnx a lot.
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by phanthomz: 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ur baby may be allergic to crayfish or other things u put in d pap. I suggest u stop adding anytin in d pap except baby milk for a few weeks and watch for changes. If not, it may be sumtin u are eating cuz u still breast feed. Ur food comes out in d breast milk. U could also practice a higher level of hygiene for you and baby. I wish you well
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by busolayemi: 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
I used Ytacan for my son den....I mix it wit his shaebutter as body cream.....and he neva ad all dat...as per d boil, well I tink a doctor will help better....I kno baby ampiclox work well for boils....baby sorry ehen...God's hand is on u

1 Like

Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by feminineA: 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
I can tell you to use this or use that but since normal anti bacteria cream are no longer working why not take your baby to see a pediatrician not a doctor. He or she will direct you aright. However be more observant it could she is reacting to a particular food or environment
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by okirewaju(f): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
OP, turns out we are in the same boat,my baby is going thru the same thing;ve been to the hospital and was given ampliclox(spelling?) Drop twice,have used Ytcan and Epiderm. Am on Medysten now and am trying my hands on preparing coconut oil to see if it will help

1 Like

Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by uyiekpenm(f): 7:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
Op, my baby had something like that. Took her to the hospital several times but eventually travelled to Abuja where my sister recommended Augumentin 228 for babies and bactroban cream. Then was advised to stop using cream and powder on her till it heals completely. Then whenever she sweats, change her clothes Immediately. Apply the. Cream after bath twice daily. Hope it works. For you.

my sis is a consultant pediatrician.
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by kendraloops(f): 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
@phantomz, its the doctors that insist I include crayfish cos its best for baby n all that. Can a Naija pikin react to crayfish? I don't know o but I'll be surprised. As for me, I eat normal stuff like beans, eba n all that. No frog legs or lizards for me.

@feminineA and Okirewaju,
We've been to doctors n 1 said it might be due to teething though he aint gat no tooth yet. I just tire. I'll really love to know if he'll outgrow it. I hate giving medicines all the time to someone so little.
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by eripecs(f): 11:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
I want u to be strong for ur child. Children react to teething differently. It might be teething. I used to be tensed up but av overcome it. I remember when my daughter had boils all over her face. I only gave her paracetamol. They cleared off on their own. I'll suggest procain penicilin powder mixed with original sheabutter. Use it 2 cream his body. I av used n still use it 4 my kids. The recommended drugs work but its hard 2 get original ones. Lastly, pray seriously 4 ur child. Its d greatest medicine. It is well.
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by greatgod2012(f): 5:34am On Dec 12, 2013
@op, it is good that you're worried for your baby's sake, but it's high time you stop your worry. There is nothing wrong with your baby, your baby is growing. When any growth wants to take place in little children, it tends to make them uncomfortable, some may have high temperature, some may have cough, some, it is skin rashes, some it is just sneezing, some will just be fractious,(crying unnecessarily), some will be aggressive and obsessed with you(they wont allow anyone to touch them, not to talk of carrying them, it's only their mothers)etc, but the good news is that, even if nothing is used on them, all these symptoms passes away themselves, once the growth takes place.

And sometimes too, it may be due to teething, i have seen couples of babies who reacts to teething with boils and rashes, and when the teeth erupts, the rashes dissappear.

My second born who is 5+ now had all the symptoms you described up there, initially, i was worried, one day, i even went to 5 different hospitals in a day, because i wasn't satisfied with their prescription, seemed all were giving the same prescription, which i was already using, you can imagine what i went throgh, until my MIL explained to me, that if i had observed enough, i should have known that, these rashes happens prior to any of her physical growth, i observed keenly and i discovered same thing, since then, i've not been worrying myself again whenever such things happen. Now, she has completely outgrown it,she no longer have any rashes, and even yu can't know that she has ever had any skin rashes.
So, op, he will defifitely outgrow it.

One more thing, go for natural oil, like coconut oil, olive oil or sheabutter. It helps in making your kids' skin look radiant.

It is well.
My regards to him.

3 Likes

Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 12, 2013
Gbosaa for u .
What u r giving ur baby is good. Yet to hear a child is reacting to crayfish.

Its simply phases of growth. Diff in every child. It still doesn't affect some.
Don't know ur baby's age but if ur baby is more than 5 months, I will suggest u start introducing him to normal food especially fruits and vegetable soup so they can help build his immune system which in turn help wade off things like that.
Too much antibiotics isn't good for d body especially children. Its better to allow the body to fight for itself than relaying on antibiotics for little things like this.

Like said, use natural oil for ur baby's skin.
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by EfemenaXY: 7:40am On Dec 12, 2013
kendraloops:

I donno what he can possibly be reacting too. As for food, he's basically on pap mixed with milk n crayfish then he still b reastfeeds too.

Exclude the crayfish from your baby's diet and observe if there are any changes.
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by dominique(f): 8:36am On Dec 12, 2013
What type of pap is your baby taking, Corn or millet? You can completely exclude the pap from his diet for the time being to rule out its influence on his boil. However, I agree with those that said it could be a teething or a growth phase. My son also had a couple of boils when he was teething around your son's age (alongside high temperature, loss of appetite, diarrhea and first degree crankiness, those days were tough!). I suggest you discontinue any anti-biotic or or anti-fungal/antibacterial if you're still giving him any and apply a generous amount of shea butter to the affected areas for relief. I've come to understand that shea butter is more effective for boils instead of these chemicals. Wishing him quick recovery.
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by kendraloops(f): 9:27am On Dec 12, 2013
Thanks all. I really do appreciate your concern and advise.
@dominique, he takes millet (oka baba). I don't think I cn exclude it from his diet completely cos that's the only thing he takes in addition to b reastmilk. He joins us when we eat too but he can't eat so much of our food.

Thanks 1ce again.
Re: Parents In The House, Pls Help A JJC by eripecs(f): 6:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
kendraloops: @phantomz, its the doctors that insist I include crayfish cos its best for baby n all that. Can a Naija pikin react to crayfish? I don't know o but I'll be surprised. As for me, I eat normal stuff like beans, eba n all that. No frog legs or lizards for me.

@feminineA and Okirewaju,
We've been to doctors n 1 said it might be due to teething though he aint gat no tooth yet. I just tire. I'll really love to know if he'll outgrow it. I hate giving medicines all the time to someone so little.

I want u to be strong for ur child. Children react to teething differently. It might be teething. I used to be tensed up but av overcome it. I remember when my daughter had boils all over her face. I only gave her paracetamol. They cleared off on their own. I'll suggest procain penicilin powder mixed with original sheabutter. Use it 2 cream his body. I av used n still use it 4 my kids. The recommended drugs work but its hard 2 get original ones. Lastly, pray seriously 4 ur child. Its d greatest medicine. It is well.

(1) (Reply)

My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) / Should She Tell Her Fiancee Or Not / Inter-religious Relationships/marriages?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.