Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,935 members, 7,799,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. (14065 Views)

Benin Republic Invades Kwara, Nigeria Takes Over 16 Border Villages / Fashola Hands Over To Ambode Today- Photos / Fashola Hands Over 200 Vehicles To Law Enforcment. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by iterator25: 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
It seem they used cement, perhaps I'm mistaken..anyone?
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by Nightshift(m): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
Desola:

Sulli wh0?

We are talking about performance and you're talking about caravan.

Sullivan ko, caravan ni
Sisi Eko, roads constructed without covered drainage must be performance to you? Some states have taken road construction in Nigeria beyond what you see in Lagos. Apart from Lekki Highway and some parts of Marina with covered drainages,the rest have open gutters housing some billions of mosquitoes

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by plaindealer: 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
Desola:

Ko le to yen ke!

You misled us with your title now.

I misled you because you didn't see pictures of all 16 streets or because Fashola actually commissioned only one street and not 16? Which is which?

Akinyemi street

Kelani street

Folarin street

Ajana street

Apesin street

Eniola street

Akendo street

Ishaga road

Ronke street

Paul Okuntola

Olanibi Ojekunle street

Akinlawon street

Oyewuwo street

Kekereowo babalola street

Sadiku street
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by agbameta: 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
Fashola commissions 16 roads, blames corpses burial in residential areas as bane of road construction

WorldStage Newsonline-- Lagos State Governor Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Tuesday commissioned 16 road projects in Mushin Local Government Area where he warned residents in the state to desist from the practices of burying their dead in residential areas, as it constitutes serious challenge to road construction.

Among the roads handed over by Governor Fashola include Akanro/Ishaga, Badejo Kalesanwo, Ronke, Akinlawon, Ajana, Sadiku, Paul Okuntola and Eniola Streets.

Others are Apesin, Kelani, Oyewuwo, Folarin, Oke Onijo, Olanibi/Ojekunle and Akinyemi streets.

He appealed to residents to shun the culture of trading on roads and walk ways and other forms of activities that constitute nuisance on the roads.

He said, "As I deliver these projects today, I want you to see it as your own because they were executed with your taxes.

"You should protect them and make sure they are not converted to open markets, car wash or other things that could undermine their purpose.

“You should ensure that nobody cuts the roads for any reason; they are your roads, so avoid things that could make life difficult for them.”

He said that over 200 roads have been constructed in the state since the commencement of the year.

Fashola said the commitment of his administration to rehabilitate more roads and other infrastructural projects prompted the raising of N87 billion bond issuance to ensure infrastructural renewal across the state.

He also used the occasion to appeal to residents to be peaceful and law abiding and strive to build on the unity of all residents irrespective of social, ethnic or religious affiliation.

"The blood that flow through our veins has no ethnic colour," he added.

The governor revealed that contract for construction of Mushin/Isolo, Post Office, Bishop, Olateju, Matuwo and Olaniyi roads has also been awarded.

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=12578&catid=2

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by agbameta: 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
Nightshift: Sisi Eko, [b]roads constructed without covered drainage must be performance to you? [/b]Some states have taken road construction in Nigeria beyond what you see in Lagos. Apart from Lekki Highway and some parts of Marina with covered drainages,the rest have open gutters housing some billions of mosquitoes

You saw uncovered drainage in the pictures or your VILLAGE eyes are playing tricks on you?

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by agbameta: 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
by Nightshift(m): 3:35pm On Nov 28
It's quite unfortunate that Enugu - Onitsha (Expressway?) has been under reconstruction for over 5 years now. For goodness sake, that road used to be the best road in the South East.
Onitsha end from old toll-gate is completed, but from there to Enugu is a bumpy ride on 90% one lane that would make one wonder if such a "highway" isn't more than a national disgrace.

Difficult to believe that during the good old days, folks needed just about 40 minutes to be in Enugu from Upper Iweka.
Moreover, the fact that the Milken hill part of the contract doesn't include a 2 metre shoulder expansion, makes it dangerous for smaller vehicles behind slow rolling trucks. It's embarrassing how we ignore little things that could save life

Were you not the same loser crying here over your sorry and pathetic death trap village road?

Bunch of losers...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by Nonybb: 10:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
Nigerian Road are always typical and appalling in aesthetics and design
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by rozayx5(m): 10:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
geeez: No matter what side of the fence you are on, you must give it to BRF

He's a performer

Except you drive around the streets of Lagos blindfolded, you can't claim not to have seen at least one impressive thing he's done everywhere you go
sure especially the Mega toll scam. it's impressive I must say.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by cbrass(m): 10:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
Nightshift: Sisi Eko, roads constructed without covered drainage must be performance to you? Some states have taken road construction in Nigeria beyond what you see in Lagos. Apart from Lekki Highway and some parts of Marina with covered drainages,the rest have open gutters housing some billions of mosquitoes

What Do you guys have against the yorubas that makes you always criticize their every move. The road to my house has a covered drainage that subsequently double has a side-walk (pls check ur dictionary incase you don't knw the meaning of side-walk).
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by stebell(m): 10:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
plaindealer:

The hand over and gathering took place on one street (Badejo Kalesanwo street) not on 16 streets.

Would you like them to go back and perform the same hand over ceremony on all 16 streets with pictures from all 16 streets just to satisfy you on NL?

The fact that you are a GEJ goon doesn't mean you have to reason and think like the dull and incompetent Jonathan himself..

Unam, they didn't need ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ go ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ all de roads and repeat de same ceremony. But wat i think yu shud hv done was ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ get all pix of τ̲̅ђe roads as yu stated in de heading of ÿøu̶̲̥̅̊я post. Don't tell me yu were wit de Gov n as such yu cudnt leave.
Since yu can't show us pix frm de other 15 roads as yu claimed, pls rephrase de post ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ suit dis ÿøu̶̲̥̅̊я pix.

Mtcheeew. Misleading thread.
"Walks out of thread".
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by Nightshift(m): 10:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
agbameta:

Were you not the same loser crying here over your sorry and pathetic death trap village road?

Bunch of losers...

At least i complained that the FGN is not doing the right thing in my area. You can allow your state government provide or sustain more breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Seems you like its bites on your azz?
We must learn to demand international standards for roads built anywher in Nigeria, not just in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by Tobbie9(m): 10:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
I can't wait till the dualisation of ikorodu road is complete mehn some haters will still commit suicide

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by agbameta: 11:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
stebell:

Unam, they didn't need ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ go ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ all de roads and repeat de same ceremony. But wat i think yu shud hv done was ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ get all pix of τ̲̅ђe roads as yu stated in de heading of ÿøu̶̲̥̅̊я post. Don't tell me yu were wit de Gov n as such yu cudnt leave.
Since yu can't show us pix frm de other 15 roads as yu claimed, pls rephrase de post ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ suit dis ÿøu̶̲̥̅̊я pix.

Mtcheeew. Misleading thread.
"Walks out of thread".

We can't even read the chicken scratch your stone age bootlegged alaba china posted...
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by agbameta: 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
Nightshift: At least i complained that the FGN is not doing the right thing in my area. You can allow your state government provide or sustain more breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Seems you like its bites on your azz?
We must learn to demand international standards for roads built anywher in Nigeria, not just in Lagos.

FG or no FG. that's what's obtainable in your sorry village.

When was the last time your village commissioned even the smallest village road?

You are yet to tell us what part of the pictures you got your uncovered drainage from. Don't tell me because I'm sure it's your tribal village vision troubling you?
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by simpleseyi: 11:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
I beg, na only one road I see for picture ooo. Please don't emulate Doyin Oku-Igbe and Reuben Abati who are the country's clowns. If na one road the governor do, let us know say na one road.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by slimfit1(m): 12:17am On Dec 11, 2013
Don't know why fashola is making it sound like he is doing us a favour by constructing those roads. Council man's project.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by agbameta: 12:39am On Dec 11, 2013
simpleseyi: I beg, na only one road I see for picture ooo. Please don't emulate Doyin Oku-Igbe and Reuben Abati who are the country's clowns. If na one road the governor do, let us know say na one road.

If den give a reading and comprehension story with question saying 16 roads was built and they supplied you with one example picture of the roads. So, at the end of the story if den ask you how many roads were built, you go just say na only one road because you saw just one picture?

This is how you people fail WAEC.

You people are seriously worse than elementary school kids...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by agbameta: 12:42am On Dec 11, 2013
slim fit :
Don't know why fashola is making it sound like he is doing us a favour by constructing does roads. Council man's project.

Councilman, local government man, governorman, presidentman...what difference does it make as long as the government delivers and the people get their infrastructures?
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by Rad1cal: 1:36am On Dec 11, 2013
[size=14pt]You mean a road snapped in 16 different angles. cheesy cheesy

The useless OP either provides pictures of those omitted 15 phantom roads or edit his deceitful thread title. [/size]
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 11, 2013
Goddex: The FG is constructing many more roads in Abuja than what Lagos state is doing but we don't get to hear this much propaganda. Lagos need pipeborne water like most other cities and not these noisemaking when a 2KM road is asphalted.
So to you this is a contest between the Almighty Federal Government and tiny Lagos State on who can build the most roads? Why don't you throw ur state in the ring?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by rozayx5(m): 7:11am On Dec 11, 2013
kingoflag: So to you this is a contest between the Almighty Federal Government and tiny Lagos State on who can build the most roads? Why don't you throw ur state in the ring?

undecided
calabar - itu road in Akwa Ibom by Akpabio is almost all the roads Fashola has done since he became Governor

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by kel4soft: 7:22am On Dec 11, 2013
Goddex: The FG is constructing many more roads in Abuja than what Lagos state is doing but we don't get to hear this much propaganda. Lagos need pipeborne water like most other cities and not these noisemaking when a 2KM road is asphalted.

FCT minister is doing that which is like a state Governor different from the FG's budget.
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by Controversy: 7:43am On Dec 11, 2013
How do 1 picture translate to 16roads? This peeps and over hype smh
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 11, 2013
listen to yourself. Why would you compare the FG with a state govt.?
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by mayorall(m): 9:03am On Dec 11, 2013
agbameta: Fashola commissions 16 roads, blames corpses burial in residential areas as bane of road construction

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=12578&catid=2

I know Ronke near Johnson and baruwa bus top at Ijesha road and Ajana plus oke onijo near Ijesha market. Kudos then. But remain my street in between, Alhaji Irorun.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by pheesayor(m): 9:09am On Dec 11, 2013

Fashola has really tried with water supply in Lagos. From Agege to Ebutte metta to Mile 2 to even Ajangbadi. Festac which is a Federal estate hasd theirs privatised costing 400 naira for 1000 litres. Various water-works all around Lagos, you just have to give it to Fashola even though he has got his imperfections too

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by jmaine: 9:16am On Dec 11, 2013
pheesayor:

Fashola has really tried with water supply in Lagos. From Agege to Ebutte metta to Mile 2 to even Ajangbadi. Festac which is a Federal estate hasd theirs privatised costing 400 naira for 1000 litres. Various water-works all around Lagos, you just have to give it to Fashola even though he has got his imperfections too

Your Agege to Ebute Metta assertion doesn't include Yaba, Somolu, Bariga, Fadeyi e.t.c . . .
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by oilykid(m): 9:21am On Dec 11, 2013
Coins make a sound when dropped, but paper bills won't. Those that want people to believe they're doing big things usually make a lot of noise but those that ARE doing big things stay silent and humble...
Fashola:coin
Chime:paper bills cool cool

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 11, 2013
rozayx5:

undecided
calabar - itu road in Akwa Ibom by Akpabio is almost all the roads Fashola has done since he became Governor
Ok, so is ur State doing better when compared to the Federal Govt or not?
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by pheesayor(m): 9:33am On Dec 11, 2013
jmaine:

Your Agege to Ebute Metta assertion doesn't include Yaba, Somolu, Bariga, Fadeyi e.t.c . . .

That doesn't nullify the fact that those areas I mentioned get water from the state government. And for the areas you mentioned, I have no idea but will confirm.
Meanwhile that nullifies the lie that Fashola has ignored water supply in Lagos cool cool cool
Re: Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. by NaLaugh: 9:34am On Dec 11, 2013
ok.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reveal Identities Of Those Behind Kidnappings, ACF Tells Matawalle / Plateau APC Group Warns Bola Tinubu To Be Careful Of Serial Traitors In Plateau / Stop Targeting Our Politicians In Corruption Probe, Northern Groups Warn EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.