Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. (3474 Views)

Have Your Book In Print In A Couple Of Days Without Paying A Dime. / Convert Your Books To Audio Or Ebook Format. / Love Poems You Cud love, Entries You Could Enjoy Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by Obinnau(m): 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
Reading in print have been the method i was introduced into, as my main form of studyin and reading. But growing up and facing the ever growing rise of technological advancements, i came to love and cherish reading in digital format. Though it has its disadvantages like when there is no power on your gadgets and you will yearn for that hard copy. There is also the risk of long exposure of the eye to rays from the gadgets. All in all i still prefer reading in digital format.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by Harmvirus(f): 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
I enjoy reading in print and digital format.audio is a no no for me cos I will just sleep off.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by waleadex(m): 10:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
Print and digital,Yes! Audio is a "no" "no"
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by latrust(f): 9:14am On Dec 14, 2013
Print
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by Justeenaleo(f): 10:51am On Dec 14, 2013
Definitely print
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by sugarcoatted(f): 11:45am On Dec 14, 2013
i prefer digital formats. Cant even remember the last time i read a book in prints.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by Holuphemmy93(m): 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
I do both digital and print
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by switgoody(f): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
Its digital for me, print no longer interest me
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by Wellloaded: 5:50am On Dec 15, 2013
Obinnau: Reading in print have been the method i was introduced into, as my main form of studyin and reading. But growing up and facing the ever growing rise of technological advancements, i came to love and cherish reading in digital format. Though it has its disadvantages like when there is no power on your gadgets and you will yearn for that hard copy. There is also the risk of long exposure of the eye to rays from the gadgets. All in all i still prefer reading in digital format.
exactly but my parents will be like your eyes,your eyes ,every time you and phone.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by Obinnau(m): 7:57am On Dec 15, 2013
Wellloaded: exactly but my parents will be like your eyes,your eyes ,every time you and phone.
mine still do that whenever i visit. Parents sef.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by trixandra(f): 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
Digital anytime, anywhere. I do love to read prints when I am sure I have the time.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by princesa(f): 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
Print it is for me.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by Adinije(f): 6:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
I love digital reading, when I look at the volume of a book in 'print', I got discouraged and might dose off reading it but when I read on my phone, I can read more voluminous write ups with ease and can stay all night reading.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by abubaka101: 5:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
I prefer Print to digital... With print, u are more at ease in your environment. You don't hav to worry abt d heat from your device, or worry abt ur battery getting low. Also u won't need to worry abt "interest clashes", because u would have d choice to control every distraction associated with d digital world.
And most importantly for me is the fact dat, your eyes wouldn't be tired.
And a recent study also shows dat young people prefer print to digital...
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by zionlite: 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
For me, certain books are better read in print; for example, academic books meant for your shelf. While, novels, e-books manuals can be read on digital formats. Moreover, audio books are good for instructional, self help, spiritual matter's I suppose.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by abubaka101: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
zionlite: For me, certain books are better read in print; for example, academic books meant for your shelf. While, novels, e-books manuals can be read on digital formats. Moreover, audio books are good for instructional, self help, spiritual matter's I suppose.
hmmm, gud opinion... I agree...
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by phranklyn92(m): 12:55am On Dec 27, 2013
love 'em in print.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by LarrySun(m): 9:18am On Dec 27, 2013
Print all the way. You don't have to worry about battery consumption.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by Timoa(m): 1:40am On Dec 28, 2013
Print Great!

Digital fanatic for various reasons:

Depending on the size of your device (DEVICE:- I don't mean your tiny screen phone, I mean a tablet, Pc,laptop or Kindle) one can have X amounts of ebooks in various formats e.g PDF if one likes the proverbial print, in ePUB format one can flick through ones screen like a book etc...

Reading magazines on one's Tablet from the magazine's app is truly PHENOMENAL. For instance GQ magazine animates all adverts and most articles giving the reader the pleasure of both reading about something and watching it do as well. Every other magazine application do the same, some put up videos one can watch instead of the normal print photo. Mind you, Digital newspapers do so too! I think that's absolutely brilliant.

Even textbooks are interactive now. One can read a chapter and watch a case study,by the time one is through with that chapter, an average person understands nearly 60% of what one have just read.
I think that's truly amazing! Don't you?

Yeah! There is the down size to digital, low battery which can be solved by charging your device on time.
Complaining about screen brightness and all, tweak it.
Eyesight going bad due to device screen. Elmmm I dunno lipsrsealed genetic perhaps?

Audio books on the other hand requires an acquired taste I find.

This excludes the self help, instructional audio books as we all are used being instructed one way or another.

Listening to an unfamiliar novel for the first time could be extremely daunting that is..if one doesn't have the requires skill.

My first audio book lucky was A Dance with Dragons the fifth book in G.R.R Martins epic fantasy series (known as The Game of Thrones on Video)
Haven read the first 4 books in the series, 3 on print 1 digitally, I enjoyed this audio book immensely the first time round because I was familiar with the characters, theme and plot already.

I tried an unfamiliar novel for my second audio book, struggled through the first three chapters. My resilience paid off from the fourth chapter onwards and the rest was history.

I found that the trick with audio books is learning how to listen well, working on one's own imagination because ones imagination keeps the audio book an interesting listen.

All these being said most times the good old fashion PRINT still rules. I still keep hardcover books (most of which I read electronically) in my library. grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 02, 2014
Reading in prints is still da best as far as I'm concerned
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by abubaka101: 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
Money for Data plans also limit my use digital books a lot.
Well sha God dey!
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by BlueScholar(m): 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
I prefer Print,I'm bit of a old school grin
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by firestar(f): 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hm.
Where technology fails, it's back to the basics.
Otherwise, it's audio AND digital.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by AdorableJosh(m): 6:14am On Jan 09, 2014
I prefer prints. There is this amazing feeling I get just from touching physical copies.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by PrettySpicey(f): 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2014
AdorableJosh: I prefer prints. There is this amazing feeling I get just from touching physical copies.

Yeah, there is. Print makes me feel like I'm almost in the book with the characters cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by losprince(m): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
anyone who reads via audio has *** I love both print and digital but print most cuz u can take notes and show ur library to people.
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by princesa(f): 10:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
Print is exceptional. It does it for me.

Losprince, what's up with u, being a while
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by losprince(m): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
princesa: Print is exceptional. It does it for me.

Losprince, what's up with u, being a while
my dear, I'm doing alright. I've been wanting to interact with u, but school stress makes you forget ur friends. but I've been putting my reminder about you on repeat, hope you are doing ok?
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by princesa(f): 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
losprince:
my dear, I'm doing alright. I've been wanting to interact with u, but school stress makes you forget ur friends. but I've been putting my reminder about you on repeat, hope you are doing ok?
awww, I'm so sorry jare. Didn't forget you atall oh sad

I'm doing good.smiley
Re: Do You Enjoy Reading In Print, Audio Or Digital. by losprince(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
princesa:
awww, I'm so sorry jare. Didn't forget you atall oh sad

I'm doing good.smiley
no apology needed grin saw you recovered fast lane and your sunset diary didn't grow legs, good luck princess smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Want To Turn Ur Novel Into A Comic Book/graphic Novel? / "There And Back On Time" A Nairalander's Novel Out On Paperback / Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.