Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? (1991 Views)

Is It A Sin For Guy To Wear Fitted Shirts And Skinny Trousers? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by chuqudy(m): 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
I want answers from good christian believers. If I look at my wedded wife lustfully have I sinned?
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by Trueyarn(m): 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
u hav'nt commited any sin, infact if u dnt look @ ur spouse lustfully that might lead u to sin as u may be looking @ some other person in a lustfull manner... It is very healthy to look and think of ur spouse lustfull, it keeps the fire burning!
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by Alikaxon(m): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by JoktyJohn(m): 1:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
No...thatz not a sin at all...the opposite sex that Jesus meant in the chapter z not for ur wife. Remember, in the verse, Jesus was talking about fornication and adultery. Or can sex with ur own wife leads to fornication....? Absolutely, No. Itz only that u have to minimmize the rate...
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by tpia5: 2:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
Yes it is a sin if those with frustrated lives can see you.

Same way its a sin if you don't cover up when inside your own house.
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by Nahum777(m): 4:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
Why is she your wife? grin grin. Of course it aint a sin bro. Sin is the transgression of the law. Do the math.
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by tpia5: 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
It is a sin as long as some frustrated elements aren't getting some.
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
chuqudy: I want answers from good christian believers. If I look at my wedded wife lustfully have I sinned?

It depends!

No couple can lay claim to marriage if they are yet to consumate their union through s*xual intercourse; and for a couple to enoy this s*xual experience, it is necessary that they are attracted to each other s*xually.

The greater the controlled attraction for each other, the happier will be the s*xual life of the couple which can also contribute to the couple's marital bliss. This is healthy and good from the standpoint of Christianity.

Lust is the inordinate desire or indulgence in the carnal pleasures e.g sex. So for a married couple to commit the sin of lust via a s*xual desire for each other, that desire MUST be wrong in itself.

For example, sodomy is regarded as a sin, hence this is wrong in itself. If a married person desires to commit the sin of sodomy with his/her partner then that married person has committed the sin of lust if and only if, the desire is voluntary, fully deliberate and the person intends to act on that thought.
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by chuqudy(m): 11:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
striktlymi:

It depends!

No couple can lay claim to marriage if they are yet to consumate their union through s*xual intercourse; and for a couple to enoy this s*xual experience, it is necessary that they are attracted to each other s*xually.

The greater the controlled attraction for each other, the happier will be the s*xual life of the couple which can also contribute to the couple's marital bliss. This is healthy and good from the standpoint of Christianity.

Lust is the inordinate desire or indulgence in the carnal pleasures e.g sex. So for a married couple to commit the sin of lust via a s*xual desire for each other, that desire MUST be wrong in itself.

For example, sodomy is regarded as a sin, hence this is wrong in itself. If a married person desires to commit the sin of sodomy with his/her partner then that married person has committed the sin of lust if and only if, the desire is voluntary, fully deliberate and the person intends to act on that thought.

What is sodomy and how can one commit the sin of sodomy with his wife involuntarily?
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by okeyxyz(m): 2:02am On Dec 12, 2013
chuqudy: I want answers from good christian believers. If I look at my wedded wife lustfully have I sinned?

This is evidence to show that lust does not mean se.xual urge. This word has been misused and passed down to us through the ages. The true meaning of lust is the desire to posses something for yourself only, without sharing.
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by chuqudy(m): 2:06am On Dec 12, 2013
okeyxyz:

This is evidence to show that lust does not mean se.xual urge. This word has been misused and passed down to us through the ages. The true meaning of lust is the desire to posses something for yourself only, without sharing.

Are u suggesting that one should share his wife?
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by okeyxyz(m): 2:28am On Dec 12, 2013
chuqudy:

Are u suggesting that one should share his wife?

It is not a sin to share your wife. It is within your right if you want to. God has mandated you guys to use yourselves sexually(& naturally) as you see fit. The Corinthians were sharing before Paul banned it because they were abusing that se.xual liberty. I explain
briefly 1 corinthians 7:

1Now concerning the things about which you wrote, it is good for a man not to touch a woman

To touch, as used here does not mean- to touch a woman sexually, rather it means to cling to, or fasten to. In other words, to posses for yourself only.

2But because of immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband.

Now Paul says each man should henceforth have(engage, continue with) only with his wife and each wife should have(engage, continue with) only with her husband... So the question is: Why would Paul give this command if not that sharing was allowed in the first place?, but he banned this practice because of the abuse of this principle of sharing. That is because of immoralities(fornication). This brings to another misuse of words here. "Fornication" has been misused and passed down to us to mean having se.x with somebody you are not married to. This is wrong definition and going back to the law of Moses. Fornication simply means unlawful(without consent) or unnatural sex.
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by chuqudy(m): 2:44am On Dec 12, 2013
okeyxyz:

It is not a sin to share your wife. It is within your right if you want to. God has mandated you guys to use yourselves sexually(& naturally) as you see fit. The Corinthians were sharing before Paul banned it because they were abusing that se.xual liberty. I explain
briefly 1 corinthians 7:

1Now concerning the things about which you wrote, it is good for a man not to touch a woman

To touch, as used here does not mean- to touch a woman sexually, rather it means to cling to, or fasten to. In other words, to posses for yourself only.

2But because of immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband.

Now Paul says each man should henceforth have(engage, continue with) only with his wife and each wife should have(engage, continue with) only with her husband... So the question is: Why would Paul give this command if not that sharing was allowed in the first place?, but he banned this practice because of the abuse of this principle of sharing. That is because of immoralities(fornication). This brings to another misuse of words here. "Fornication" has been misused and passed down to us to mean having se.x with somebody you are not married to. This is wrong definition and going back to the law of Moses. Fornication simply means unlawful(without consent) or unnatural sex.

This is serious. Which church do you attend?
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by tpia5: 4:59am On Dec 12, 2013
@ okeyxyz

straighten yourself out plz, unless you are in a cult.
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by tpia5: 5:01am On Dec 12, 2013
chuqudy: If I look at my wedded wife lustfully have I sinned?

whats your reason for the question?
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by okeyxyz(m): 1:52am On Dec 13, 2013
tpia@:
@ okeyxyz

straighten yourself out plz, unless you are in a cult.

I am in the cult of Jesus Christ. cool

By the way, why is that when the world wants to show disapproval of any philosophy/way of life different from mainstream they label it a cult?? If you as a christian have this same mindset as these people, then how could you be a christain? The scripture clearly states that people who hold the true gospel will be in the miniroty, precisely the kind of groups that would be called "cults".

Secondly, didn't christianity start out as a cult? Was that not why they were persecuted? Because the mainstream religions and institutions labeled them a dangerous cult?
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
chuqudy:

What is sodomy and how can one commit the sin of sodomy with his wife involuntarily?

Sodomy is anal sex basically. My reference to Sodomy is more inclined to the sin of lust.
Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by SalC: 3:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
okeyxyz:

briefly 1 corinthians 7:

shockedshocked

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For One To Look At his Own Wife Or her Own Husband Lustfully? by Ishilove: 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
Trueyarn: u hav'nt commited any sin, infact if u dont look at your spouse lustfully that might lead you to sin as u may be looking at some other person in a lustful manner...

It is very healthy to look and think of ur spouse lustfully, it keeps the fire burning!

(1) (Reply)

Much Ado About Giving And Receiving / Do I Have A Spiritual Wife? / Hijama/cupping In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.