Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative (47529 Views)

Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari / Muazu Says Letter Giving EFCC Order To Go After Tinubu, Atiku, nd others is fake / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by luckshine: 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
andyanders:

You are right my brother because they know they are corrupt and there is nothing that can be done unless we Nigerians confront our leaders.

u re right bro. we all should come out to protest
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by lizu: 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
Amen amen and amen
seanet02: Thunder Fire Abati
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by ocelot2006(m): 12:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
easyz:

Pls are u a Nigerian? If YES

it seems u don't leave in naija.

Things are getting worse.

God have mercy on us. Amin

PLEASE TELL THE WHOLE HOUSE HOW THINGS HAVE GOTTEN WORSE IN NIGERIA UNDER GEJ. Is it power where output has doubled, giving you more hours of power to charge your laptop or phone were you spew trash from? Is the economy that is growing over 6%, making Nigeria one of the fastest growing economies in the WORLD and putting on track to overtake South Africa? Or maybe its our long abandoned transport infrastructures long abandoned by past administrations but currently fixed and expanded on by the GEJ team. Hey, maybe it's the agricultural sector thats currently undergoing a revolution churning out tonnes of produce, making it a growing source of foreign exchange for our nation (thus diversifying our economy) and ensuring the nation's food security. Oh I get it, it's the elections, right? You know, the free and fair ones under GEJ unlike the do-or-die elections of team OBJ that also included outright theft of ballot boxes, and my fav, asssinations.

So go on, tell the whole house.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by samsard(m): 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
Haters 'please get a life'. Always on every Goodluck related thread raining insults.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by muktarmtt(m): 12:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sunny_bobo:
If you had brain even as small as a mustard seed, you would know that the coordinated attack by the three of thrm means the attacks are planned and coordinated.
even it true u cnt d fact dat dey say d truth
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by lyvin: 12:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
3kay945:

What about other issues raised in the letter apart from term elongation? isn't it obvious that some truths are embedded in the letter... Why are you taking it personal with OBJ, is it because it has the gut to face the president?
My bros nothing persona I hv read d letter nothing is there. Just ranting of OBJ dt GEJ supported other party against pdp in anambra, edo etc. Remember dt OBJ rigged these states with Maurice Iwu for pdp until court reverse him. Who is more corrupt. Dt some pple a making inflammatory statements eg Asari. Asari is not d only one even gov amaechi is from ss yet fighting GEJ. Dt he is not handling BH well, recall dt OBj was there during MEND and other militant struggle in ss was he able to resolve it until yaradua came with amnesty. Na today oil theft don dey happen for Niaja OBJ was oil minister for most part of his administration against constitutional provisions -stealing niaja dry. Recall also dt federal contractors built OBJ presidential library which is against constitutional provisions. OBJ is corruption personified no one is fooled by his ranting.

My take, is all abt 2015 OBJ and his cohorts will be disgraced.

When GEJ was to be acting president and president they fought him, even in the last election. Who Jah bless no one can cause.

The truth when u fight a person this way u r unwittingly shoring up support for him because u fight is not justified

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by willibounce: 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
I wish Jona would write a letter in reply to Obj without the help of anyone. He should write the letter, edit it himself and send to the press and let us all see how intelligent our president is.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by lizu: 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
Just within a space of 3 days, OBJ, Tambuwal and Sanusi have all indicted the President of Massive Looting and Unabated Corruption.
Moreover, these 3 men are in the same political party (PDP) with Jonathan and not Opposition parties.
Though OBJ is not a Saint, but During his Administration, many were booted out due to his Anti-Corruption Campaign starting with people from his South West Region; S.M Afolabi (National I.D Card Scam), Tafa Balogun (former IG of Police), Bode George (NPA Scam), Sunday Einhdero, Chief Babalola and Femi Fani Kayode (former Ministers of Aviation). We hardly hear of Sentiments, Tribalism and Favouritism then. It's now a different story under GEJ. What exactly is the recurring Problem? GEJ only claims to fight corruption with his lips and on the media. If OBJ was still in power, he would have delivered a keynote address during Mandiba's memorial yesterday because you dare not mess up with him. Anyway, GEJ "doesn't give a damn"
I still strongly believe that this
Jonathan's Administration
Cultivates, Breeds, Grows, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Gej, you have a lot to do oh...dat position is not for dummies, so you had better buckle up and act well so u won't call the wrath of God on yourself and your aides, I strongly believe that nigeria will be great someday...but right now GOD we seriously need your intervention. Mat God heal this nation. Long live federal republic of nigeria

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by deletrue: 12:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
Jman06: Rubish! Obasanjo is just an overrated chimp. Outside power,he is nothing. If he is so influential,why did pdp under his watch lose ogun state? while his own daughter Iyabo could not be returned to the senate?
Pin pointed facts. Will these human like e-idio-ts and loosed heads comprhend these highly reasonable facts?
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by qtx(m): 12:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: As he flies around the world, attending this meeting and that meeting I hope he is doing due dilligence of finding an appropriate home to serve his exile. He can rest assure that a most disgraceful aftermath awaits him if he remains on this soil after 2015. He should go in exile and wait to be pardoned, however long it takes.
I hope this ur statement is for OBJ? bc only a senseless man can say this to GEJ a hardworking president.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by qtx(m): 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
willibounce: I wish Jona would write a letter in reply to Obj without the help of anyone. He should write the letter, edit it himself and send to the press and let us all see how intelligent our president is.

Did OBJ write this one against GEJ himself?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by funmeme(f): 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hmmmm...
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Demdem(m): 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
Actually, Obj spoke the truth.

Jonathan is a curse. This OBJ has confirmed in his letter.

What i expect from him now is to seek Nigerians apology for foisting on us this fool of a President.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by BJAMIN: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
Before in this country nobody cares what's happening in the government but now people are aware shoe s hinner (abokii) is angry that he is in the sun for just 20 naira while someone in ac is looting 220million, agbero now knows how much.senators are collecting traders for market now knows how much our president spend on feeding. people are aware and is dangerous God save us all
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by theoctopus: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
funmeme: Hmmmm...

B-O-M-B-S-H-E-L-L!!!
Obasanjo Attack On Jonathan!!!
Mallam Idris Mohammed (Dakata, Kano) Wrote::

"You don't expect Jonathan to lick your ass. You must be a wicked man to send nearly 10 names to Jonathan and wanted to force him to make them Ministers. When you were in his position, Did Shagari, Abdulsalami, IBB, Shoneko or Buhari send list of Ministers that must be appointed?

"You want to appoint all Exco of PDP alone and when the party members and the President say No, your start writing baseless letters.
Your political influenced have dropped to nearly zero and it is wise for you to proceed straight to retirement and leave Nigeria for the younger generation".

Obasanjo, you are frustrated and I know that, you are scared that the little man, from a small village in Bayelsa will leave a legacy that will overshadow your fruitless 8-years in office.
"An Hausa proverb says, "That a woman that have no child, will like the whole world to die at the same time".

"All the corruption allegations against Jonathan's government in the last 11 months are mere fabrication, as they are well orchestrated, by the same people and group".
How can Nigeria lose funds that is bigger than her revenue? It does not add up. You cannot lose what you do not have.

"Obasanjo should leave Jonathan alone, leadership is turn by turn. The rail Obasanjo could not manage, Jonathan has fixed the bulk of it in just few months. The power plants (electricty) Obsanjo abandoned, wasting over $18billion, Jonathan has fixed them and linked them with gas for operations. The roads, airports are getting better, Agriculture is booming again after over 45 years of neglect.

"Obasanjo, Allah is bigger than you. Leave Jonathan alone. You failed in your 8 years, let this man work. - Hope For Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Jimohsunday: 12:52pm On Dec 12, 2013
Before I would comment answer dis question for me.Who is the founder of corruption?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by papaejima1: 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
willibounce: I wish Jona would write a letter in reply to Obj without the help of anyone. He should write the letter, edit it himself and send to the press and let us all see how intelligent our president is.
And you think OBJ wrote his without assistance?
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by slimfit2(m): 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
femliany: Counter attack from Ebele side from left to right.......
dis one Don turn am to football..
very soon the ball(allegations, beefs,letters) wud soon roll out of d field of play( afta d final whistle, 2015 elections) and d players, coaches(obj, Jonathan, tukur,PDP at large) not excluding d ref(inec) wud shake hands, exchange jerseys and smile into d dressing room afta a game well played leaving d spectators ( Nigerians) and possibly A.P.C confused and totally schooled.
morals- football is more than a game,
Guinness is more than a beer
9ja politics is more complicated than u think.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
I think some people on this Nairaland Forum are just stupid and they are devoid of constructive reasoning and argument , why Can't u see that GEJ is Not performing , Where I live in Lag we have Just 3hrs of PHCN power everyday it Has never been as Bad as this even during Abacha's Regime , in those days I only heard that people embezzled Millions of Naira but this days its Billions of Dollars ,ASUU strike ,Massive Crude Oil Theft ,Boko Haram N Kidnappings , Unemployment is on the Increase coming to that I recently got a Truck to do diesel supply and just put a small advert out with my Email looking for a driver who knows lagos Route and I was bewildered when I got almost 5 thousand Mails with CVs of graduates with good grades ,I felt so bad that I said to my self I better sit up and Get my Game Right
My own Candid View GEJ is not a good Leader and should just step down let somebody do it

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by ocelot2006(m): 12:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
theoctopus:

B-O-M-B-S-H-E-L-L!!!
Obasanjo Attack On Jonathan!!!
Mallam Idris Mohammed (Dakata, Kano) Wrote::

"You don't expect Jonathan to lick your ass. You must be a wicked man to send nearly 10 names to Jonathan and wanted to force him to make them Ministers. When you were in his position, Did Shagari, Abdulsalami, IBB, Shoneko or Buhari send list of Ministers that must be appointed?

"You want to appoint all Exco of PDP alone and when the party members and the President say No, your start writing baseless letters.
Your political influenced have dropped to nearly zero and it is wise for you to proceed straight to retirement and leave Nigeria for the younger generation".

Obasanjo, you are frustrated and I know that, you are scared that the little man, from a small village in Bayelsa will leave a legacy that will overshadow your fruitless 8-years in office.
"An Hausa proverb says, "That a woman that have no child, will like the whole world to die at the same time".

"All the corruption allegations against Jonathan's government in the last 11 months are mere fabrication, as they are well orchestrated, by the same people and group".
How can Nigeria lose funds that is bigger than her revenue? It does not add up. You cannot lose what you do not have.

"Obasanjo should leave Jonathan alone, leadership is turn by turn. The rail Obasanjo could not manage, Jonathan has fixed the bulk of it in just few months. The power plants (electricty) Obsanjo abandoned, wasting over $18billion, Jonathan has fixed them and linked them with gas for operations. The roads, airports are getting better, Agriculture is booming again after over 45 years of neglect.

"Obasanjo, Allah is bigger than you. Leave Jonathan alone. You failed in your 8 years, let this man work. - Hope For Nigeria.

OUCH!!!! grin grin
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by theoctopus: 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by theoctopus: 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
balotelli: I think some people on this Nairaland Forum are just stupid and they are devoid of constructive reasoning and argument , why Can't u see that GEJ is Not performing , Where I live in Lag we have Just 3hrs of PHCN power everyday it Has never been as Bad as this even during Abacha's Regime , in those days I only heard that people embezzled Millions of Naira but this days its Billions of Dollars ,ASUU strike ,Massive Crude Oil Theft ,Boko Haram N Kidnappings , Unemployment is on the Increase coming to that I recently got a Truck to do diesel supply and just put a small advert out with my Email looking for a driver who knows lagos Route and I was bewildered when I got almost 5 thousand Mails with CVs of graduates with good grades ,I felt so bad that I said to my self I better sit up and Get my Game Right
My own Candid View GEJ is not a good Leader and should just step down let somebody do it

If you have any sense, then you will know that the power problem you complained about is OBJ's making, not GEJ's. GEJ has now corrected it and the effects of GEJ's work cannot be felt this year but in some months from now, you will begin to see the effects of his work just like you are seeing the effects of OBJ's failure now. The companies have just taking over. Are you expecting they will fix everything within these few weeks they have taken over? You are not serious

Please how many jobs where there 5 years ago or 10 years ago? Your fake propaganda has failed already. OBJ is a failure and he should stop insulting us with his fake anti corruption stance
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by MAYOWAAK: 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
“I have passed the stage of being flattered, intimidated, threatened, frightened, induced or bought… Death is the end of all human beings and may it come when God wills it to come.” -(conclusion of OBJ's alleged letter to GEJ)

Baba has passed the stage of being bought? Freudian slip? Was there a stage in his service to Nigeria when he was being bought yanfu yanfu by Siemens, Halliburton, Transcorp, Julius Berger, etc? Anyway, Baba is speaking Yoruba in this letter. He is saying that as an elder he has been stricken by the combo of irori and ironu which poverty-stricken English language would lump up as introspection or sober reflection. Baba is saying that he just came back from watching the entire planet stand still in honour of South Africa's biggest gift to humanity. Baba is saying that this is the same man on whose account he was going to invade the Boers with African juju back in the day. Baba is saying that, on the other extreme, he also witnessed how 170 million people danced in the streets and rejoiced when news broke that one of his peers, General Sani Abacha, had died. Baba is saying that he has also noticed how the Yar'Adua family has difficulty every year in getting even the most virulent Yar'Adua loyalist to attend his memorial ( the time will come when Reuben Abati, Doyi Okupe, and Reno Omokri will not pick GEJ's calls; they'll be busy saying his successor is the greatest Nigerian alive). In short, Baba is saying that he is familiar with the template that awaits Nigeria's moral and ethical Lilliputian leaders after death. And Mandela's funeral has really driven home the contrast. Having now embraced irori and ironu, Baba is saying that even if it is already too late for him to be in the Mandela funeral column when the time comes, perhaps there is still time for him to smuggle himself out of the Abacha column by dedicating himself to grand populist gestures such as writing appetizing tell-all letters in a national context where passage from villain to hero is guaranteed by something as banal as switching political parties? Baba is saying that concentration on grand populist gestures may spare him the fate of Abacha. But Baba has a little problem. He is a Christian and makes great showing of his faith. He is always quoting the Bible and talking about heaven. He is lucky that not many Nigerians have heard of or seen his brand new hotel - the Green Legacy Resort - in Abeokuta which puts Nicon Hilton to shame. So, there is this little problem: "When Jesus heard this, He said to him, "One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." I'm sure Baba knows how and where Mandela lived in Soweto? So, let Baba cough out the proceeds of Siemens, Halliburton, Transcorp, and electricity deals, let him sell all the mansions in Abeokuta - starting with the Green Legacy Resort - Lagos, Abuja, and give the proceeds to the poor. Then, like Mandela, he should renovate a reasonable face-me-I-face-you three-bedroom bungalow in Okokomaiko and write his letters from there. It still won't get him Mandela. It just might reduce the number of those who are likely to hiss in contempt when his time comes from 170 million to one hundred sixty-nine million nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine people.

BY:PIUS ADESANMI

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
All those of u screaming "OBJ is right" av failed to remember OBJ did nt jst vote GEJ into office...
If OBJ wrote this letter, in which he said "an Ijaw
man is myopic" after being a president of this country for 8 years, then he is worse than GEJ. I can only assume what he has to say about other tribes.
Can't wait till this country divides, cos to say the truth we aren't and wld never be a nation.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Sike(m): 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Abeg na 'em sabi jor!
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by HRHAgek(m): 1:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
GOVERNANCE IS NOT SECRET CULT. WE DESERVE TO KNOW!!! ITS OUR RIGHT! REUBEN ABATI MUST HEAR THIS!!!
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Ukutsgp(m): 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
I entirely condemn this letter written by obasanjo to Goodluck Jonathan as hypocritical, malicious , dubious and self-righteous. If u think so click 'like'.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by mayim(m): 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
So u honestly tink OBJ's letter ws nt edited?..he wrote it himself?..u gotta be kiddin me. Anyway OBJ as an elder statesman messed up to av condescended to put up such a ludicrous action. dats y its so apparent dat dere is more to dis...he dint do dat in d interest of gud governance and all,instead it ws all a political gimmick...no be 2day jare#park well#
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by bigjoule(m): 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
AKUNWATA1: THUNDER FAYA YA NMANU MOUTH THERE OMODE

Even if Abati were to be my father and he is doing this, i would have supported and even sponsor his resignation from office. Ediot tribalistic nonsensical Nigerian, guess Abati knows how you feed? Smh!
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by publisher(m): 1:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
[size=13pt]Did Obasanjo expect the Ijaw nation to sit down and watch as prominent Hausa/Fulani leaders continue to threaten bloodshed and making Nigeria ungovernable just because an Ijaw son is president?

Does Obasanjo expect GEJ to foolishly behave like Ironsi and alienate his own (tribe) people so that he can be killed like a dog in another region?

Abegi....[/size]
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by omogidi234(m): 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2013
doctokwus: So d letter afterall is authentic(for those sycophants doubting d veracity of it,instead of addressing d issue).
As per dis lame reply,I bet anybody that GEJ wudnt respond to nothing;its a very simple tactics being employed by dis disastrous administration:allow time go by& before u know it,one other major event wud happen& Nigerians wud move on!
This administration is classical "one chance"!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin bros, this is unfair. How can u call a government one chance?
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by playboy19(m): 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
eastman11: Obasajo is the major problem this country has, he has for the past two yrs been working against this govt and projecting Lamido to be president.
An old man who should promote peace just like Mandela is still playing dirty politics. His sins will soon catch up him.

Shut your gob lil boy. First it was Buhari (cpc) then it was Tinubu (ACN), now it's obj, Tambuwal and Lamido all pdp, isn't it apparent that we have a dunce of a president? Plus what obj said was just a rhetoric, it's what all Nigerians already know. So stop blaming people for your president's incompetentce.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Rare Pic Of President Jonathan And GMB Rocking Sandals. / Ooni Leads Yoruba Monarchs To Welcome Tinubu To Ibadan / I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.