Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,477 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:10 PM

A Tale Of Two Friends, Real Life Story. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Tale Of Two Friends, Real Life Story. (512 Views)

Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) / A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Tale Of Two Friends, Real Life Story. by Appswheel(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
When Albrecht Durer was a poor struggling artist, a friend of his, who also aspired to be an artist, made an agreement with him that he would do manual labour to earn their living while Durer studied and painted. Later, it was planned, he should have his turn to paint. But when success came to Durer, his friend's hands had become so twisted and stiff that he could no longer paint.

One day, seeing his friend's work-worn hands in prayer, Durer thought, "I can never give back the lost skill of those hands, but I can show my feeling of love and gratitude by painting his hands as they are now, folded in prayer, to show my appreciation of a noble and unselfish character". The result was the famous painting of the "Praying hands"

It is better in prayer to have a heart without words, than words wit heart - M. Gandhi

More reflections at http://neeksta.com/News/praying-hands-neeksta-reflection-dec-13-2013/

(1) (Reply)

Special New Year Toast To Nairaland Faithfuls / Nigeria Must Not Die!!!!!!! - Jide Maya Ikuyajolu / Free Reading Of Diary Of The Memory Keeper, In The House Of Dogs, Etc On Amazon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.