Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem (19356 Views)

Some Common Misconceptions Nigerians Have About Other Nigerians. / Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! / Why Do Nigerians Have A Problem With Self Disclosure? Blame it on the witches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
The constant selling out of culture in favour of European culture, the favouritism of European languages on this forum is enough to implicate how lost most Nigerians on this forum are.

I do salute a few people though like Odumchi, Macof, Bigfrancis who keep it real with their culture and are not selling out their culture in favour of another.

You see many threads for Portuguese learning, German learning, Spanish learning, etc however there is a huge lack of African language threads. What exactly does German for example have to do with Nigerian culture. This is a disgrace. Everyone wants to be like everyone else with no pride in who they are. Even Ajuran, has more pride in who he is more so than the Nigerians here.

31 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Adamskuty(m): 11:19pm On Dec 12, 2013
Noble fulaman of the federal republic of nigeria

u are right to an extent,not all nigerians have low self esteem,nigerians suffering from this mental disease are mainly from the southern part cool,u see them claiming black jews or the lost tribe of isreal,ancient egyptians e.t.c bla! Bla! Bla grin

God save us oo

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
Adamskuty: Noble fulaman of the federal republic of nigeria

u are right to an extent,not all nigerians have low self esteem,nigerians suffering from this mental disease are mainly from the southern part cool,u see them claiming black jews or the lost tribe of isreal,ancient egyptians e.t.c bla! Bla! Bla grin

God save us oo

I just find it disgraceful to learn a language that won't benefit them especially if that country does not like them. Since when have Germans liked Nigerians? Since when have the Portuguese liked Nigerians? It just seems like major inferiority complex.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Adamskuty(m): 11:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
Fulaman198:

I just find it disgraceful to learn a language that won't benefit them especially if that country does not like them. Since when have Germans liked Nigerians? Since when have the Portuguese liked Nigerians? It just seems like major inferiority complex.
haha grin

i saw the thread, "learn german here,something like that" grin

i don't even have time to waste in learning other nigerian languages talkless of a foriegn one. Godforbid grin

it's definatly a sign of inferiority complex.

The time i will take a look at german or portugese is when i see a thread made by germans saying "learn hausa/igbo or yoruba" grin (which will never happen thou)

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 11:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
Adamskuty: haha grin

i saw the thread, "learn german here,something like that" grin

i don't even have time to waste in learning other nigerian languages talkless of a foriegn one. Godforbid grin

it's definatly a sign of inferiority complex.

The time i will take a look at german or portugese is when i see a thread made by germans saying "learn hausa/igbo or yoruba" grin (which will never happen thou)

Lol quoted for truth
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by funkymedina: 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
and the op posts in English !! smh
let each of us type here in our local language now? tower of babel go better pass the chaos

23 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by mrphysics(m): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
are u sure and how do u knw/ any experimental backups?
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by boogiejay(m): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
just passing by!!!
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Macbriz(m): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
For Fun, Skills and Development, I Love You Guys: Add My BB Pin: 2686B26D
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by CircleOfWilis: 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
I dnt think so

top 10 countries with highest self-esteem are:
Serbia
Chile
Israel
Peru
Estonia
U.S.
Turkey
Mexico
Croatia
Austria

The 10 lowest nations are:
South Korea
Switzerland
Morocco
Slovakia
Fiji
Taiwan
Czech Republic
Bangladesh
Hong Kong
Japan.S.

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20050927/whos-number-1-in-self-esteem
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
Don't generalize mumu.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by wilybebsy(m): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
oppz
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
Lopsided thinking OP.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by IbrahimB: 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
"End time thingz" smiley
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by nekaa(f): 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
On what bases are you making this claim.. cause I kinda disagree with you
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by solowork: 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
The notion that learning INTERNATIONAL languages shows a lack of appreciation for your own culture and therefore amounts to low-self esteem is a little warped. If you can speak one or two Nigerian languages already and you decide to learn Portuguese or Spanish just for the fun of it, I don't see anything wrong with that and it does not mean you have low self-esteem. So open your mind, explore the world, learn an international language because the world is REALLY becoming a global village and you don't want to be left out.
I WANT TO LEARN MANDARIN SO I CAN DO BUSINESS WITH MR.LIN

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by homesteady(m): 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
Ajuran is proud of who he/she is because she thinks that somalians have european looks! So ajuran also has low self esteem!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
funky medina: and the op posts in English !! smh
let each of us type here in our local language now? tower of babel go better pass the chaos

Funny, my signature is in Fulfulde, would you care translating it for everyone else.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
They suffer from huge chunk of it! Pathetic!
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by DEGREE2466(m): 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198: The constant selling out of culture in favour of European culture, the favouritism of European languages on this forum is enough to implicate how lost most Nigerians on this forum are.

I do salute a few people though like Odumchi, Macof, Bigfrancis who keep it real with their culture and are not selling out their culture in favour of another.

You see many threads for Portuguese learning, German learning, Spanish learning, etc however there is a huge lack of African language threads. What exactly does German for example have to do with Nigerian culture. This is a disgrace. Everyone wants to be like everyone else with no pride in who they are. Even Ajuran, has more pride in who he is more so than the Nigerians here.

this is too crappy

gosh

i am beginning to hate this website

angre

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by NnamdiN: 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
I want to learn Chinese cool any tips?
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by MajeMedia: 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
Its true. Nigerians are consistently smart, good looking, successful, physically and mentally strong, but will see this guy
[img]http://www.iitk.ac.in/phy/New01/OmPrakash.jpg[/img]

and automatically make him the oga of the situation as if they themselves are fatherless. It's very bizarre.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by adsonstone: 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
If language is the reason, I disagree.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Snoggy(m): 4:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
First of all, you do not know what "low self-esteem" is.

That aside, next time, DO NOT generalize.
angry

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Arosa(m): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
If you can't beat them join them cos resistance is futile. undecided
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by davida222(m): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Eneze1(f): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
op please kindly don't generalize, some Nigerians might have low self esteem but not all. kindly answer this question honestly, if i wanted to learn french in order to improve my career opportunities does that automatically mean I have a low self esteem?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
NnamdiN: I want to learn Chinese cool any tips?

Move to China, Taiwan or Hong Kong?
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Eneze1(f): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
speedyboi: They suffer from huge chunk of it! Pathetic!

are you not a Nigerian?
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
DEGREE2466:

this is too crappy

gosh

i am beginning to hate this website

angre

Sorry, I know the truth hurts
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
Eneze1:

are you not a Nigerian?

Nigerians who are honest with themselves would understand. A lot of Nigerians think foreign things are superior

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
So the desire to learn another language so that you can expand your range of communication is a bad thing? This forum keeps getting dumber by the day.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo, Adewale Akanbi, Dancing (Photos, Video) / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture / An Emirati Singing Yoruba Praise And Worship In His Shop In Dubai.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.