Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) (50551 Views)

Ladies Will You Still Love Your Man After He Treats You Like This ?(PIC) / 21 Ways To Make Your Man Come Running Home To You / A Kim Kardashian Or A Michelle Obama? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by naptu2: 1:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
[size=14pt]8 Photos You Didn't See From Obama's Trip to South Africa[/size]

Nina Ippolito | 13 hours ago | 69 Comments

On Tuesday, conservative news outlets in the United States decided that the best way to commemorate the life of Nelson Mandela, and to report on the memorial services in his honor, was to manufacture a controversy about an AFP photo of President Barack Obama shooting a selfie with Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt. According to Fox News, the “international incident” was so bad that, “The tsk-tisk-ing could be heard across continents.”

Liberal news outlets countered with a photograph from former President George W. Bush’s Instagram feed, taken at the same memorial, in which he’s seen posing with pop star Bono.

Two things were lost amid the nonsensical partisan wrangling. First, the furor shamefully overshadowed the memorial service itself, and the heartfelt messages that were delivered by Mandela’s family and colleagues. Second, such outcries overlook the close quarters in which our Democratic and Republican politicians actually live and work.

Candid images from White House photographer Pete Souza tell another story.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1462705_1s3_jpg8d520c9c58826f0cafd55cd56dd80f63
Via: Pete Souza

Looking at the individual AFP and Instagram shots, you would have no idea that Obama and Bush traveled to South Africa together on Air Force One.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1462706_1s32_jpgc2f74ff447fd09bf13c72a117bf92a00
Via Pete Souza

You would miss the fact that they and their wives dined together on the plane ...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1462707_1s34_jpgcc7c96e18c793402d412d7bfc545aa26

Via: Pete Souza

... or that Bush dazzled Michelle Obama and a smiling Hillary Clinton with photos of his recent paintings.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1462708_1s35_jpg0d0f5cab0ae415cee45ec26b7bc58008
Via Pete Souza

You wouldn't see that Obama managed to sneak in his own photo op with Bono ...

http://instagram.com/p/hvrQdBAmz5/

... or that the Bushes and Clintons spent the day together at FNB Stadium.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1462710_1s36_jpg55811d20852a6691b9d6b2d6f4cfd7f8
Via Pete Souza

It’s almost as if photographers go out of their way to present isolated images of political figures ...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1462711_1s37_jpg257eb41aa30a31fce4e6ed10a3f894ee

... when in reality, politicians spend their days surrounded by people ...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1462712_1s39_jpg21ccb9d96fa59f6684ae05ee5b7f7cc5

... and by political adversaries and allies alike. 

Perhaps, instead of giving in to the frantic us-or-them discourse proffered by the media (Funeral selfies! Handshakes! Ted Cruz!), it's time that we acknowledge that conservative and liberal politicians spend more time together, and have more in common with one another, than we’d like to believe.

http://www.policymic.com/mobile/articles/76375/8-photos-you-didn-t-see-from-obama-s-trip-to-south-africa

1 Like

Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by naptu2: 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by nwaobitex: 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
Wow! This is hilarious
Love it.
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by onyi83: 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
hmmmmmm
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
Which lady would luv to protect me like,..should reach me immediately,..am single & caring guy..
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by victorv12(m): 1:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
Most black women are known to easily lose their composure when an unknown woman gets their husbands to talk. See the disgruntled look Michelle was wearing just because her husband is having a decent conversation with another woman?

No wonder some of our successful black brothers ends up with white women. The figures are too glaring in the state. Even our black brother, Kofi Annan, dumbed our Nigeria billionaire sister, Titi Alakiji for Nane Lagergren of the Rothschild family.

1 Like

Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
brainzdh: She's trying to prevent anoda Clinton and Lewinsky scandal.

Meanwhile, some naija babes be like....Nkechi, fear no dey catch you abi?
Na my bobo you snap picture with..ehhh grin
lol look at her boob
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by cap28: 1:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
I think these pictures have distorted what really happened on that day, first of all if at all Michelle was irritated it was probably because she felt that it was totally disrespectful for her husband to be clowning around at a funeral let alone a funeral of someone as great as Mandela taking st.upid photos with two imbeci.les. Secondly Michelle is way too self assured to worry about a dumb attention seeking woman who no-one had ever heard of until today.

Thirdly Michelle wears the trousers in the marriage, you can see that from the way Obama quickly kissed her hand in order to correct any wrong impression that may have been put across by his s.tupid behaviour.

Michelle is a dignified and well brought up woman who knows that clowing around at a funeral is tacky and s.tupid, well done first lady for remaining dignified and conducting yourself like a real lady.

1 Like

Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by andyanders: 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
This translates that the spirit is willing but the body is weak
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by LadyH(f): 2:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
hihihi....I wish I cud watch d video of dis..
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
This is what the photographer who took those photos had to say.

All around me in the stadium, South Africans were dancing, singing and laughing to honour their departed leader. It was more like a carnival atmosphere, not at all morbid. The ceremony had already gone on for two hours and would last another two. The atmosphere was totally relaxed – I didn’t see anything shocking in my viewfinder, president of the US or not. We are in Africa.

I later read on social media that Michelle Obama seemed to be rather peeved on seeing the Danish prime minister take the picture. But photos can lie. In reality, just a few seconds earlier the first lady was herself joking with those around her, Cameron and Schmidt included. Her stern look was captured by chance.

I took these photos totally spontaneously, without thinking about what impact they might have. At the time, I thought the world leaders were simply acting like human beings, like me and you. I doubt anyone could have remained totally stony faced for the duration of the ceremony, while tens of thousands of people were celebrating in the stadium. For me, the behaviour of these leaders in snapping a selfie seems perfectly natural.

So you see, it's not as serious as many of you are making it seem. undecided
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by ibietela2(m): 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
Boy
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by BrightCar: 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
SOURCE?
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by LyfeJennings(m): 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
I love this so much
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by Hakeem3(m): 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
U go. Fear african women nAa no cArry dem play O
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by donodion(m): 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
grin grin@ Sexymomma...thank you for the post...i followed each photos closely with the statements and at the end i remembered what a lady once jokingly said at bar, "Men would always be boys if allowed to" grin grin grin Obama was so engrossed with the white babes jist.And Michelle was very observant like any naija woman...hmmmm Michelle is not the kinda woman to mess with. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by Forwetinnah: 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
Childish..She wait make dem reach hotel then she spank the living daylight from him azz,so if she change position mean wetin? All this over protection rubbish, if for anything Obama should be the 1 protecting her..she no see who she for snap foto with? Rubbish!! Na women like these dey make men head dey swell!! angry
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by uzobiz: 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
[/b][b]
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by donodion(m): 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
redsquare: That was very childish of Michelle to wear such a look in a public outing just because her hubby was flirting with another lady. By virtue of Obama's office as US president, it is expected he would chat with other world leaders in such gathering. There are other ways to call Obama to order without letting the whole world know she was jealous. I don't like people being over possessive. And she even swapped seats! She just disappointed me.
Michelle baby,no mind my people o grin.Can a Naija man attend an important occasion with his woman (even girl friend)where he would be honored and another man would be busy making her giggle,laugh,take photos,act like shes never been that happy all her life until that day, right beside him and he wont react publicly? LIE!. Hell hath no furry like a scorned woman....First lady or not,swapping is a very direct message to say.. " The boy is mine, park well jor". grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by emiye(m): 4:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Indeed Photos can lie. The photos have been carefully arranged to manipulate our perceptions.
Perceptions is not reality, although most people can not separate perception from reality
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by thelastmediator: 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
Thumbs up Michelle, hilarious though. Give those 2 five more minutes and they will steal a kiss. Oko won lode o

1 Like

Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by deols(f): 4:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
naptu2:

Lol. South Africans were dancing and singing at the stadium. The announcer had to tell them to tone down the singing so that people could hear the speeches. Remember that this is an african funeral for an old man. Funerals for old men and women in Africa are usually seen as a celebration of life and the relatives are often expected to dance at the funeral.

Anyway, this is the view of the photographer that took the "non-sad" picture.

I wanted to show you this picture at the time but was not able to post it.

Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by Onyiclara(f): 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
Lol,d things men make us do. Wld hav done d same,wot was dat lady feelin like?
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by Forwetinnah: 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
sexymoma: Jesus Wept shocked shocked shocked
grin Naaaah, na 'Michelle frowned'..Jesus no get time for her jealousy biko
Men will always be men..whether Michelle moves their(she and Obamas) seat to the center of the stadium, Obama will connect the Danish PM if he wants to. Not saying she(Michelle) should have patted him on the back or edged him on but wait till after the ceremony. And I agree with @tpia on this..Obama should be the one Protecting her, haba! Michelle get levels die!!
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by jakaiso(m): 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
drnairalov: michelle tho.dissappointed mewith d pictures ...se just cudnt hide her jealousy, waz bad in Obama taking a selfie wit another leader!!! it was even in public, of course he wasnt flirting wiv d white (wetin b her name)..

D pix irritates me..Michelle's expression is full of hate, like she wanna slap d woman or Obama, Whaz it with women and jealousy Dis is uncalled for, she shud even v tried to join d pix takin instead of boning and exchanging seats..some women tho dey cant bear a lil discomfort smh!!

Plus d burial was a celebration of a life time, not mourning!!! so i dnt see a reason why dey cant be free..it shows dey re humans mehn..take a chill pill michelle ur husby try self say e still kiss ur hand... if na me yu re on ur own babe!!

The responses i have read here are to say -suprising at the least. If you go through hundreds of pictures of Michelle Obama over the years-you will know that this is the way her face looks most of the time. Thats why as far back as 2008-before Barack was elected as President -Michelle was portrayed as an "angry black woman" by the right. Check the controversial cover of the New Yorker Magazine piece in July or August 2008 -not only did Michelle's face look angry-they drew her holding a AK 47!

I have a female cousin like that-who always seems to look angry-but when you get to know her-you discover she's as nice as anyone can be! Its most likely a genetic trait or defensive mechanism developed in childhood.

3 Likes

Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by Opeyemi1525(f): 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
you can trust your husband but remember he is not an angel,even wen he chats with women there should be limit.[quote
author=njokusboy]

Lolzz, she should tell him to stop talking to any woman then....if a
woman smiles at him, he shouldn't smile back..... He meets different
women evryday, if he wants to misbehave, he wud have done so a long time
ago.. Except she wants to follow him anywhere he is going to... I think
obama is a decent man...
if she isn't kidding or being funny, then I think dis is a bit low...
If u cannot trust the husband you married then there is a
problem[/quote]
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by GentleFrank(m): 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
Good !
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by Niseamaka(m): 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
nouveaux: Is this real or photoshopped?
If its real, then all i can say is, on my God, Michelle is possesive!
I dnt believe it tho, its either unreal or it was acted.
Dnt mind me

It's real. The lady is the Danish prime minister, venue: last tuesdays Nelson Mandela memorial at FNB stadium in J'burg, SA.
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by meforyou1(m): 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
Temptee101: When will God bless us with a President like Obama? See speech that day, very eloquent, straight-forwad, unbiased and intelligent. I swear US dey enjoy. I envy dem
u should rather praise his speechwriters. And remember that Kerry is Sec of State today because helped prepare Obama for debate
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by meforyou1(m): 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Mrs Mitchell Obama's behaviour is the singular reason why I don't take my wife to public functions. I spend more hours at home defending my actions than the amount of hours the function held.
Shaw Mitchell is my most liked american woman after Hillary Clinton and Sarah palin
Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by cap28: 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
deols:

I wanted to show you this picture at the time but was not able to post it.

Good observation.

As you can see Cam M...oron only behaves himself when he is attending the funeral of Lucifer's hand maiden (Thatcher) but acts like a brain dead school boy when attending the funeral of a man who tried to bring down apartheid.

Mind you Cam Mo,,ron was a member of an organisation in the 1980s whose members wore badges with the words : Hang Mandela on them so i don't expect much from him.

1 Like

Re: How To Guard Your Man Properly By Michelle Obama (Pictures) by solomon111(m): 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
Another grand display of american arrogance and idioccy.
Turning a solemn occassion into a circus.
I'm sure if this were patience jonathan and GEJ,the pair would have been utterly lambasted on nairaland.
Nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Finally Replies Me After I Asked Her A Question 2years Ago On Fb Chat. / I Am Gonna Propose To My Albino Corper Girlfriend On Our P.O.P Day / Miss Nairaland June 2013 Contest - NOMINATIONS & VERIFICATIONS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.