Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? (7781 Views)

CBN Averts Closure Of 200 Manufacturing Firms Through Forex Access / How The Central Bank Of Nigeria Controls The Activities Of Commercial Banks / The 25 Consolidated Banks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by DesChyko1(m): 9:11am On Dec 13, 2013
I believe for those of us residing in Imo State, the refusal of commercial banks to operate in protest of the huge taxes levied on them by the Imo State Government, and the subsequent harassment by the tax agents and official may have hampered (or aided) us in one way or the other.

For me, I went to the bank from work, at 4:05pm yesterday to withdraw some funds via ATM, but met all the banks at Ahiara Junction, Mbaise closed. I went earlier, at 7:00am this morning, only to be advised by my friend who works there to go to any bank outside Imo State to make withdrawals. In advance, this sums up a dry weekend for me and uncertain pay day.

How have you been affected?
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 13, 2013
Moderator front page

1 Like

Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by LOSKYXANDER: 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Well.......I hurried yesterday to the bank to pick some cash only to discover it was shut down!!!! I'm in skul here in Imo state while my family is in Rivers. Iv exhausted my cash at hand, and the banks are still shut!!!!!!
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
LOSKYXANDER: Well.......I hurried yesterday to the bank to pick some cash only to discover it was shut down!!!! I'm in skul here in Imo state while my family is in Rivers. Iv exhausted my cash at hand, and the banks are still shut!!!!!!
You guys should learn how to forecast your cash needs and budget towards it. Even if the bank shuts down for a month, I won't have cashflow problems.
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Tsmooth1(m): 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by ChinoElects: 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
What do you expect when an unlettered almajiri is ruling a state..

2 Likes

Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
Glory be to God in high.
Last Bullet
Wenger must die today!
Why should Arsenal lose 3-6 Man City?
This weekend no wan sweet o!
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
angelinvestor: You guys should learn how to forecast your cash needs and budget towards it. Even if the bank shuts down for a month, I won't have cashflow problems.
how can we do that?
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Blueboy146(m): 5:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Am 17years old, cute and single. I need a cute babe as a girl friend... Add up on 2go with blueboy146 or whatsapp me via 08100242268
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by YoshiMaster: 5:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
angelinvestor: You guys should learn how to forecast your cash needs and budget towards it. Even if the bank shuts down for a month, I won't have cashflow problems.

That defeats the whole purpose of Nigeria trying to go CASHLESS as a whole, don't you think?

We shouldn't need to forecast "cash in hand", beyond say a night or so(like maybe using the ATM before hitting a club, incase the club doesn't accept cards).

Unless you are taking into consideration the inconsistency or unpredictability of Nigerian Institutions, then okay.

1 Like

Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by sniperwolf(m): 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
It was really frustrating. I tried withdrawing on Friday at Eco Bank in Obinze. I was advised to travel to PH by the security guard there.

My salvation was that I had this chick coming from Madonna, so I asked her to withdraw there before coming. Na the money I dey use hold body pending when this drama will come to an end
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by aieromon(m): 5:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
I believe for those of us residing in Imo State, the refusal of commercial banks to operate in protest of the huge taxes levied on them by the Imo State Government, and the subsequent harassment by the tax agents and official may have hampered (or aided) us in one way or the other.

For me, I went to the bank from work, at 4:05pm yesterday to withdraw some funds via ATM, but met all the banks at Ahiara Junction, Mbaise closed. I went earlier, at 7:00am this morning, only to be advised by my friend who works there to go to any bank outside Imo State to make withdrawals. In advance, this sums up a dry weekend for me and uncertain pay day.

How have you been affected?

Find your way to Onitsha, Aba or Umuahia. Don't dull yourself!!!
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by lincolnj88: 5:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
grin #Team APC hazardous air......
Hope you are enjoying it grin
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
Enriching the APC treasury..
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by ZACHIE: 5:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
hardly any sense in this

2 Likes

Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by konjakonja(m): 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
Poorman suffers every hard policy the govts brings out. The governor must have a enough cash in his wardrope right now but poor imolites are looking for where to withdraw their peanuts from.God is the solution to man's problems
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by sarcoma: 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
I was cut in the mess i have gone round the town severally hoping to see a place to make a withdrawal but no avail am just soory for the imolites
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by basilo101: 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
APC and overtaxing
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Onyenna(m): 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ọ di kwa Egwu!
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Onyenna(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2013

Ọnyenkụ!
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by zealed64: 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2013
yea, it's just unfortunate.. Does it mean all these while the banks have not been paying their taxes?..

OHAKIM GOVERNMENT MUST HAVE BEEN PATRONIZING CROOKED DEAL WITH THEM DURING HIS TIME..! I HEARD THE TAX IS AMOUNTING TO BILLIONS OF NAIRA( arrears accumulated)... They should investigate properly who's been consuming these monies before now (both banks and govt officials)..
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Onyenna(m): 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
Blueboy146: Am 17years old, cute and single. I need a cute babe as a girl friend... Add up on 2go with blueboy146 or whatsapp me via 08100242268

E no go beta for ASUU and FG!....

2 Likes

Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Onyenna(m): 6:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
zealed64: yea, it's just unfortunate.. Does it mean all these while the banks have not been paying their taxes?..

OHAKIM GOVERNMENT MUST HAVE BEEN PATRONIZING CROOKED DEAL WITH THEM DURING HIS TIME..! I HEARD THE TAX IS AMOUNTING TO BILLIONS OF NAIRA( arrears accumulated)... They should investigate properly who's been consuming these monies before now (both banks and govt officials)..

well said .... I pray they get to the ROOT of the matter as SOON as possible....
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by afm4ever(m): 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nawao!!
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by beau49: 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
Dis iz nt funny @ all,a friend of mine had 2 travel dwn 2 umuahia 2 withdraw 4 me n sum oda guyz n he was only allowed 2 mk only one withdrawl.....He had 2 withdraw everytin 4rm his account,wen I get home I wud pay him.

I don't stay in dis state n m suppose 2 travel out of dis state latest dis week....if nt 4 him,I wud b stranded wit no cash n no means of getting any..

My experience with dis state iz nuttin 2 write home abt most especially in owerri,it only here I see dat dey treat corpers like trash n wud even want 2 exploit dem jes bcus dey tink dey bin paid very well....yet their said governor does nt pay a dime,.

Nw dis!...#I tire 4 roachas n his pple
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by venorite(m): 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
So na una dey tidy my alma mata girls ba,hmmm...
sniperwolf: It was really frustrating. I tried withdrawing on Friday at Eco Bank in Obinze. I was advised to travel to PH by the security guard there.

My salvation was that I had this chick coming from Madonna, so I asked her to withdraw there before coming. Na the money I dey use hold body pending when this drama will come to an end
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Coldfeet(f): 6:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
beau49: Dis iz nt funny @ all,a friend of mine had 2 travel dwn 2 umuahia 2 withdraw 4 me n sum oda guyz n he was only allowed 2 mk only one withdrawl.....He had 2 withdraw everytin 4rm his account,wen I get home I wud pay him.

I don't stay in dis state n m suppose 2 travel out of dis state latest dis week....if nt 4 him,I wud b stranded wit no cash n no means of getting any..

My experience with dis state iz nuttin 2 write home abt most especially in owerri,it only here I see dat dey treat corpers like trash n wud even want 2 exploit dem jes bcus dey tink dey bin paid very well....yet their said governor does nt pay a dime,.

Owerri people are very obnoxious and rude! That is them! If dem don tire you abeg kindly re deploy!

1 Like

Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Gospell(m): 6:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
D tin tire me ooo.
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Ohraybs(m): 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
Thank God u said a month and not two cos am sure that u can not even survive for 2wks without moni..........
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by Ohraybs(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
beau49: Dis iz nt funny @ all,a friend of mine had 2 travel dwn 2 umuahia 2 withdraw 4 me n sum oda guyz n he was only allowed 2 mk only one withdrawl.....He had 2 withdraw everytin 4rm his account,wen I get home I wud pay him.

Na so Imo state be oh,ur place even good,Where dey post me was Obodoukwu,one God forsaken village like dat,no banks or ATM in dat village,I had to take a bike to d neighbourin village to withdraw and at times am always seein Bleep ups....Buh all is well sha......Just be calm and be prayerful.....
Re: Closure Of Commercial Banks In Imo State: How Has It Affected You? by flexshop(m): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
This government in imo state is criminal. I spoke to a banker who said that the state government wants to put in a BIR tax on customers accounts.the bankers association said that the would never tax customers outside what is specified by the ambit of the law. This money is a little above N2billion.The ministry of internal revenue is a criminal entity of the government. I think that rochas has run out of money. Save imo state

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OPEC Agrees To First Output Cut In 8 Years / Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria / URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.