Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,618 members, 7,801,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

I Think I Am Pregnant - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Think I Am Pregnant (28497 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered / My Baby Boy Is Six Months Old And I Am Pregnant Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Katier00(f): 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
igosee:

i do not think you are pregnant, same happened to my wife and she was worried and a pregnant test was negative, sometimes stress can cause it
Thank God someone has expirenced it before, I am still doubting the possibilies of getting pregnant while on inplant , is jus that i miss my period for the very first time since i inserted it(2 1/2yrs ago) and i think i saw a very thin positive line but i will confirm tomorrow in a lab
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Katier00(f): 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
dheaven: How much does it cost insert the implanon?
Mine was 5k in a government hospital, tow yrs back, dnt know how much it cost now
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Katier00(f): 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
Malakh: the west gat you guys believing that Parenthood is Planned...if I don't want kids, I just tell Him to shut the womb...end of story
yes sir
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Katier00(f): 12:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
Emary: Did you gain weight before getting pregnant? Implanon is effective for 3yrs for women below 70kg and 2yrs for women who weigh more than that. As mentioned before, there is that 0.2% of hyper-fertile women who will still get pregnant on the implant because it is only between 99.3 -99.8% effective. It works by suppressing ovulation but if you had a breakthrough ovulation, you could still get pregnant. I believe some children of destiny can't be prevented from coming into this world though. There's no perfect method.
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Katier00(f): 12:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
Phder: Lord! Why? I mean why? My aunt is somewhere across the world, begging you for just 1 child of her own, and here you are giving a lady that doesn't want a child another one. God? If I don't know you any better, I'd say you're unjust.
God will surely bless her

1 Like

Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Katier00(f): 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Katier00(f): 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
Mimicole: She did a home PT and is not certain abt d result, she promised to do a proper test in a hospital lab. I suggest we wait till she comes back with the outcome of that. OP u might not be pregnant, this hormonal methods of FP sometimes messes with your system. I'm currently on Norplant and I have my fair share of hormonal imbalances bt a pergnancy scare has never been part of it. Ps I've been on that method for almost a year. So pls do a proper test rather than stress yourself out
Thanks dear, i agree with you but do you get your period every month?
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Katier00(f): 12:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
Yangona.:
With great understanding for your fears and concerns about not having a child now.. I empathize with you ma'am.
But truly.. You are in a perfect position to have children!
You're legally married
You have a legal right to raise a family..
You really shouldn't be working necessarily with comfort of arrival since your first child is over a year..
Get your stuff together, worry less, relax and enjoy your pregnancy.. Believe me, you will be super glad you did!
Selah.
thanks my first son is 6 my second is over 2 now
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Katier00(f): 12:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
krafty iyk: katier00, dont be in a haste to listen to these advice, there are some factors that could shift your menstrual date, aside pregnancy, stress, emotional imbalance, idiopathic factors, hormonal fluctuation, hyperactivity, infection,etc, so run a PT, 1st,before these guys out here gets you scared for no reason, and if the PT is negative, then see your doctor, it could likely be a minor medical imbalance which if properly diagnosed, will be well taken care of...wishing your all the best.
Thank you very much, am greatful
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
Why such a topic on the front pafe? Wrong call moderators! Smh.
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by mimicue(f): 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
Take the test to clear ur mind...u will be surprised if your not even pregnant Lol..it could be curiosity.. Or u might actually be
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Katier00(f): 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
Decryptor: I wonder what happened to "keeping personal issues personal"? If you are pregnant, it's not our problem but yours, if you take implanol, na your mouth u carry take am...and you have already made up your mind to keep the baby so why publicize it?
I am here to learn more abt getting pregnant while on family planing and to ask the house if someone as exprienced it before, what is personal about it? Note we dnt drink implanon we implant it in our upper arm, you see, you learn from one another

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Katier00(f): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
eyenCalabar: Why not learn more about family planning here:

www.nairaland.com/1498917/build-capacity-more-family-planning

I created this thread specially for you.
thanks dear
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by ShenTeh(m): 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Katier00 :
I still believe i cant be pregnant, maybe my hormones are messing me up. Implanon has a sucess rate of 99.8%
Well, you are the 0.2%. Again, cancantulazions.
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Emary(f): 1:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Katier00(f): 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Emary: Sorry, Implanon (1yr) does not last for 5yrs, it lasts for 3yrs for women below 70kg and 2yrs for women above 70kg. Jadelle (2 rods) lasts for 5yrs for women below 70kg and 3yrs for women above. This is something I teach routinely across the country so please go back to your physician or the nurse who inserted it for a check-up, please. There could be changes in your menstrual cycle when the implant was newly inserted and these usually regulate after a few months. However, when you have been seeing your normal periods for a while and suddenly miss your period or have delays, it is necessary to rule out pregnancy even though there could be other causes such as stress and infection. Don't be afraid to go in for the test. If you're pregnant, by His grace, God will ensure your safe delivery of a healthy child and provide everything you need to take care of it.
Mine is 2rods and i weigh little over 75kg am nt fat but have big bones
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Emary(f): 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Katier00 :
I inserted it on 25 oct 2011 and it is suppose to last for 5yrs (2016)

Sorry, Implanon (1yr) does not last for 5yrs, it lasts for 3yrs for women below 70kg and 2yrs for women above 70kg. Jadelle (2 rods) lasts for 5yrs for women below 70kg and 3yrs for women above. This is my area of expertise so please go back to your physician or the nurse who inserted it for a check-up. There could be changes in your menstrual cycle when the implant was newly inserted and these usually regulate after a few months. However, when you have been seeing your normal periods for a while and suddenly miss your period or have delays, it is necessary to rule out pregnancy even though there could be other causes such as stress and infection. Don't be afraid to go in for the test. If you're pregnant, by His grace, God will ensure your safe delivery of a healthy child and provide everything you need to take care of it.
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Emary(f): 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
That means you have Jadelle inserted. It's not about being fat. It's about distribution of the hormone in your system. Above 70kg, the amount of hormone circulating will not be adequate to prevent pregnancy for you after 3yrs.
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by LivinaPatrick(f): 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
Katier00 :
I did the test and the positive line was very thin, i think the line is imaginary but i will visit the lab on monday. I love to have children bt this year i lost 2 loved ones due to pregnancy complications, am just scared that somthing might go wrong. Am not sure yet until i have a proper test on monday, if its positive i will keep my baby and have my inplant removed
Dt imaginary line is positive,it happens on my first baby. Congrats joor
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by hollandis(f): 1:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
wHAT THE HELLL IS IMPLANON .I haven't heard of it in my life .Anyway I haven't had sex angry undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Katier00 :
God will surely bless her
Amen. Thank you.... Keep the child, he/she has a star of making the impossible, possible.
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ujujoan: Why don't you take a PT?
That's the best course of action in this situation.
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by biolanurat: 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
My sister welcome to d club. I used implanon too but 6mths later I took in. I didn't believe it at first but I am almost due now. I was nt prepares at all for it cos I already have 3kids. But God knows beta. He has reason for making it happen. I wish safe delivery.
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
Decryptor: I wonder what happened to "keeping personal issues personal"? If you are pregnant, it's not our problem but yours, if you take implanol, na your mouth u carry take am...and you have already made up your mind to keep the baby so why publicize it?
Lol cheesy implanon is not an oral contraceptive.
Besides it's not a must to comment in this thread so there's no need for this
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by olushollys(m): 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
weazley:
blike say yu go change ur husby pet name to lewandowski, d guy is good

I suggest "sharpshooter" he's indeed good!
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by GraceInUSA: 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
next time combine with a spermicide.
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by enigmatique(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Phder: Lord! Why? I mean why? My aunt is somewhere across the world, begging you for just 1 child of her own, and here you are giving a lady that doesn't want a child another one. God? If I don't know you any better, I'd say you're unjust.
Bro, I pray that your aunt too will get her own BUNDLES of joy soon. Since you are a truster in God, even in times when you don't totally understand Him, let me give you this verse to boost your faith and for you to stand on it in prayer:
"...He settles the childless woman in her home,
and MAKES HER A HAPPY MOTHER OF CHILDREN.
PRAISE THE LORD."
Ps. 113:9.

If you like, you can read the whole chapter cited above too. So have faith, your aunt too will become "Mummy Junior" by God's goodness and mercy!

1 Like

Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Mimicole(f): 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
Katier00 :
Thanks dear, i agree with you but do you get your period every month?
Yea bt its nw very irregular. And seriously I dnt really pay attention to my menstrual cycle anymore, I jus knw dt dis is d most effective method I've tried, so I'm just having fun, no fears, no worries. Bt honey I'll tell u one thing, u might nt be pregnant, get dat test done quick, I'm waiting for the outcome.
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by sunkoye: 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Katier00 :
I still believe i cant be pregnant, maybe my hormones are messing me up. Implanon has a sucess rate of 99.8%
wat happens to 0.02 left. Act of God na Madam...
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by laeffizy(f): 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
u think u r pregnant and u came to report it on nairaland? Nne a pregnancy test strip is 50 to 100 naira... Uwc by the way
Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by chifreke(f): 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
yes it do happen....i ve mine just 2months..and i took in...did want to belive even after test...till 5months wen my baby starts kicking....it was wrong timing...my final year...project writing, project defence, exams, precisely..i had my son...still d only boy till now...3 day to second semester exams...both first and second semesters no carryovers..God is a perfectionist..He didnt give me reasons to regret..i graduated with my mate...U CANT STOP D HAND OF GOD....ask Paul in d Bible

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Pregnant by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
enigmatique: Bro, I pray that your aunt too will get her own BUNDLES of joy soon. Since you are a truster in God, even in times when you don't totally understand Him, let me give you this verse to boost your faith and for you to stand on it in prayer:
"...He settles the childless woman in her home,
and MAKES HER A HAPPY MOTHER OF CHILDREN.
PRAISE THE LORD."
Ps. 113:9.

If you like, you can read the whole chapter cited above too. So have faith, your aunt too will become "Mummy Junior" by God's goodness and mercy!
Amen, Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 / Santa Thread / Babies Switched At Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.