Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,464 members, 7,781,344 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:50 PM

How To Start Your Business Without A Loan - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start Your Business Without A Loan (851 Views)

5yrs Online Searching For Business Without A Single $...wasted Alot On E Book / Start Your Profitable Internet Business Without Commiting A Dime / How Start Petroleum Products Brokerage Business Without Capital Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Your Business Without A Loan by argon500: 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
Interested in starting your own business but hesitant to take out a huge business loan? While it can be difficult to start a business with little capital, it is absolutely possible. In some ways, it can even be less risky and less complicated.

Here are some ways to build up your business from scratch:

1. Keep Working Another Job – If you’re not getting instant cash by taking out a business loan, your startup capital will have to come from your savings. Set money aside, separately from other savings, in amounts that you won’t miss on a daily basis. Your savings will only grow if you don’t draw on it for living expenses or other necessities.

When you’re ready to start your business, it could benefit you to keep your job at the outset, as keeping your salary while you’re starting up can take a lot of the pressure off of your first few months, or years, in business. And the benefits don’t end at your salary—your health insurance, retirement plan, and sick/vacation days are all things that you’ll have to pay for on your own when you’re self-employed.

2. Reinvest Your Profits Back Into Your Business – Using your profits to pay for living expenses or to pay down other debts will limit how fast your company can grow. You’ll maintain your highest level of working capital if you reinvest your profits back into your business. Whether you invest in new products, technology, or employees, your goal is to grow your business by attracting new and more customers. You can also choose to invest in marketing or advertising to grow your customer base.

3. Keep Your Overhead Low – You won’t need a huge business loan if you keep things small at the start, and grow organically. If you can get away with working at home, or not needing to rent a space or invest at the outset in new technology, you can keep your overhead low, therefore not needing to cover huge bills at the outset when you could be investing your profits into your business instead. If you can keep your overall running expenses on the low end, this will help you be better able to reinvest your profits back into your company. Once your company starts to grow and your income becomes more reliable, you can start to take on larger overhead costs without it slowing your rate of growth.

I started my rare book company with one book and less than $100. By reinvesting the profits from the first few sales into more inventory, I quickly learned that growing slowly yet steadily would allow me to stay in business without having to take out a loan. Working from home kept my overhead low, as I didn’t need to pay for additional rent or utilities. For my first five years in business, I kept working my day job, which easily covered my living expenses, so the business could grow organically from its own profits.

Starting a business without a loan has its limitations, but it can also lessen the risk involved. It can be a good way to test out the world of entrepreneurship, trying out your ideas and testing new markets. You can also feel more confident learning from your mistakes, knowing you have a safety net underneath you. If you use the money you make/safe from your sweat to invest in a business, you will work harder to make the business successful cos you will always be remembering what it takes for you to make the money in the first place.

For free consultation/advice on how to start a business or how to make your business grow. Contact me.
Re: How To Start Your Business Without A Loan by ekehopp: 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
gbf

(1) (Reply)

Ebay & Amazon Risk Factors! / UNICEM Slashes Cement Price, Pledges Wider Distribution / Bankers Or NRN Account Holders Suggestion Needed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.