Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Mother Thought She Was Only 2 Months Pregnant Is Told She Is 31 Weeks Gone - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mother Thought She Was Only 2 Months Pregnant Is Told She Is 31 Weeks Gone (1762 Views)

8 Steps To Grow Your Edges Back Within 2 Months! / Aspiring Model Told She Was 'too Short' Has Her Legs SURGICALLY Lengthened / When Is The Best Time To Get a woman Pregnant.is It After Or B4 Menses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Thought She Was Only 2 Months Pregnant Is Told She Is 31 Weeks Gone by Nobody: 4:28am On Dec 14, 2013
Mother who thought she was eight weeks pregnant and miscarrying is told she is actually 31 weeks - and giving birth to twins

Katie Brown, 35, went to hospital thinking she was having a miscarriage
She thought she was eight weeks pregnant with one child
But doctors told her she was 31 weeks pregnant with twins - and in labour
She had put on three stone in a few months but thought it was from eating too much as she had done a pregnancy test which was negative
Amy and Daniel were born the next day - on November 14
They have now both been allowed home for Christmas after gaining weight
Ms Brown and her partner, James Moore, 31, are now home in Darnley, West Yorkshire, with their unexpected arrivals.

Ms Brown said: ‘I thought I was just putting weight on.

‘I did a pregnancy test in July and it came back negative. Then I did one at the beginning of November and it was positive.

‘When I went to the hospital I thought I had lost my baby. But once they did tests at the hospital they told me I was 31 weeks pregnant and that I was expecting twins.

‘We couldn't believe it, it was a good job we were sitting down.

‘People cannot believe that I didn't know, but I didn't feel any kicking. It is brilliant and I am just glad we are home in time for Christmas.’
Ms Brown, who also has an eight year-old daughter, Laura, went into Pinderfields Hospital in Wakefield on November 14.

Daniel was the first to arrive at 5.48pm the following day weighing 3b 12oz, his sister emerged 13 minutes later weighing 2lb 14oz.

Amy needed initial help with her breathing and the babies remained in hospital until they put on some weight.

Mr Moore, a warehouse worker, said: ‘It's all been overwhelming. We now need a new house.

‘It was a fantastic surprise and I am glad they are all home in time for Christmas. It is going to be the best Christmas ever.

‘Both our families and friends have been brilliant and I don't know how we would have coped without them.

‘We also want to say a massive thank you to all the staff on the neonatal ward at Pinderfields Hospital for everything they've done.’

He added: ‘I went from thinking Katie had suffered a miscarriage to being told I was about to become a father to twins.

‘When the doctor gave us the good news after a scan, I felt a mixture of shock and excitement.

‘We were so upset one minute and then we were so happy. Our emotions ran really high.
‘I've been told that the colour instantly drained from my face. I went white as a sheet and if I'd been standing up I'm sure I would have passed out.

‘I just remember Katie saying over and over again “how am I having twins?”

‘We were both as shocked as each other.’

Mr Moore explained that his partner had put on three stone in a few months but that they just assumed she was eating too much.

He said they were completely unprepared for their new arrivals but family and friends clubbed together and bought everything they needed as a surprise present.
‘Katie and the twins were kept in hospital for a week after the birth and I stayed with them.

‘When we came out we hadn't bought a single thing but our friends and family had all pooled their money and bought everything we needed.

‘We are so grateful to have such supportive family and friends. I don't know what we would have done without them.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2523276/Mother-thought-miscarrying-told-actually-giving-birth-TWINS.html

Re: Mother Thought She Was Only 2 Months Pregnant Is Told She Is 31 Weeks Gone by Ariyke: 8:07am On Dec 14, 2013
Wow! But really! shocked
Re: Mother Thought She Was Only 2 Months Pregnant Is Told She Is 31 Weeks Gone by safe06: 10:25am On Dec 14, 2013
very very possible, that's God for you. He always has a way of telling human and science that He's ahead of us in every way.
Coincidentally, i met a woman today who was telling her story of how she waited on the lord for the fruit of the womb,after some few years, she took in but didn't know. Scan couldn't reveal to her she was preggy,also the stripe tests she did. She was 6 months gone bfor the scan showed she was having a baby.. her second came four months after the first baby arrived, as usual the scan didn't detect till she was 5 months gone,same happened with her 3rd. She's a proud mum of 3 boys now,she told me she has stopped and has started attending family planning.lol.
See life.
Re: Mother Thought She Was Only 2 Months Pregnant Is Told She Is 31 Weeks Gone by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 14, 2013
Wow, 9c surprise. grin
Re: Mother Thought She Was Only 2 Months Pregnant Is Told She Is 31 Weeks Gone by joybik(f): 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
what a miracle God!
Re: Mother Thought She Was Only 2 Months Pregnant Is Told She Is 31 Weeks Gone by LoreTemi3: 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
Wonderful!
Re: Mother Thought She Was Only 2 Months Pregnant Is Told She Is 31 Weeks Gone by Mowafruitful: 1:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
God is awesome
Re: Mother Thought She Was Only 2 Months Pregnant Is Told She Is 31 Weeks Gone by Godsgrace2013: 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
Oh my God.what a mighty God.God indeed works in a mysterous way
Re: Mother Thought She Was Only 2 Months Pregnant Is Told She Is 31 Weeks Gone by samplet(f): 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
wonderful God, Lord pleaseeee visit me with multiple birth miracle come 2014.
Re: Mother Thought She Was Only 2 Months Pregnant Is Told She Is 31 Weeks Gone by Wendy80(f): 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
kiss
samplet: wonderful God, Lord pleaseeee visit me with multiple birth miracle come 2014.
I Say A BIG AMEN for U, Sweetheart
Re: Mother Thought She Was Only 2 Months Pregnant Is Told She Is 31 Weeks Gone by tochikel: 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2013
[quote author=samplet]wonderful God, Lord pleaseeee visit me with multiple birth miracle come 2014.[/[b][/b]

Amen ooooo. I want God's miracle

(1) (Reply)

Inferiority Complex Is A Mental Disorder / Lists Of Rehabilitation Centres In Abuja / Any Reason To Why My Palms Are Soft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.