Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Who Is Nigeria's Best Movie Director? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Is Nigeria's Best Movie Director? (2689 Views)

Poll: Nigeria's current best director is?

Izu Ojukwu: 33% (3 votes)
Tunde Kelani: 44% (4 votes)
Amaka Igwe: 11% (1 vote)
Emem Isong: 11% (1 vote)
Teco Benson: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Your Best Movie Of The Year (2014) / Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji / Best Movie Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Nigeria's Best Movie Director? by DeepZone: 12:45am On Jul 30, 2008
Which of these 5 people is currently Nigeria's best movie director?

Izu Ojukwu

Tunde Kelani

Amaka Igwe

Emem isong

Teco Benson

Why?
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Movie Director? by candylips(m): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2008
They are all rubbish
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Movie Director? by Raymond88(m): 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2008
Tunde Kelani is definitely the bomb  cool. . . .and you forgot to add Tade Ogidan!  wink
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Movie Director? by Sisikill: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2008
Tunde Kelani and Amaka Igwe.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Movie Director? by DeepZone: 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2008
I think it's Izu ojuku nowadays. Tunde Kelani used to be no 1 but you can't be number one ferever. Izu is the bomb now.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Movie Director? by Orikinla(m): 7:54pm On Jul 31, 2008
I will commend only the following:

1. Tunde Kelani (known more as Director of Photographer outside Nigeria).
2. Tade Ogidan and
3. Faruk Lasaki.

By their works you shall know them.

The movies of 99% of the directors listed in the poll even fail to qualify for screening at major international film festivals.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Movie Director? by candylips(m): 4:43pm On May 13, 2009
Yes like i said they are all rubbish
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Movie Director? by jona2: 5:58pm On May 14, 2009
imasuen.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Movie Director? by CEDARBIZ(m): 11:53am On May 15, 2009
I know 3 of the Director's personally but to say who is the best is not straight forward because what Criteria are you using to judge them. In the real sense of film making, there is a Director and Producer but we seem to ignore these details.

I think Izu is good based on the resources available to him and what he has done. But i still criticize all of them as they havn't personally taken it upon themselves to raise the bar. of all of them, who has ever added an animation to their films? who has ever used third party audio? who has applied multicam mode in their films?

No disrespect to none of them but what is the comaprison based on?

the best amongst the worst?

the most ambitious or what? Nollywood is still being set back because it lacks direction. Indian movies before used to be just music. an hour of a 2 hour indian movie before is dance but now, it is getting better.

the whole 9 yards in nigerian movies lacks vision. the actors and actresses are over weight. well genevieve seems to be in shape. they mostly cant seem to forget the camera is there. they are always conscious of the camera. we can go on and on but my blame on producers or directors is that none has gone aboard and said, to hell with this status quo, i will do something beta. they all seem to go with the trand and get controlled by the marketers that have no vision.

thanks

(1) (Reply)

The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood / Korean Tv Series And Movies Download / Big Brother Nigeria Vs Gulder Ultimate Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.