Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? (13219 Views)

Rivers People Now Viewed As Barbarians That Behead Fellow Human Beings’ – APC / Do Not Turn Igboland To Syria / Ibadan Wonders!!! Strange Fish Turns Into Human In Ibadan (LOOK) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Seun(m): 7:08am On Jul 30, 2008
angry

An okada man ran into a woman and injured her.  Instead of owning up to his mistake, he claimed he ran into a cat and the cat turned into a woman.  The idiotic people of Lagos now decided it was their duty to kill the woman, who was wounded and bleeding.  Some idiotic reporters also chose to believe the okada man's idiotic story.  Someone posted the story on Nairaland and some idiotic Nairalanders also believed the story.  The only person that saw the alleged transformation was an okada man who was trying to absolve himself of blame after hitting an innocent woman.

A mentally disturbed old woman wandered into an flat and was apprehended for trespassing.   She claimed to be a cat that turned into a woman.  The idiotic tenants believed her.  Hundreds of idiotic Lagosians believed her idiotic story and came to the compound to see her.  An idiotic Nigerian reporter presented the woman's delusional story as a fact in a newspaper and many idiotic Nairalanders steeped in superstition chose to believe it.  Nobody saw the woman turning into a cat, but everybody believed her even after her mental problems were confirmed by relatives.

An okada man was carrying a woman and kept jamming his back into her breast.  In retaliation, the woman bit him.  Before he could recover, to avoid paying her fares, and to avoid a retaliatory beating, she disappeared into the heavy Lagos crowd.  Later, while searching for her, the man saw a snake somewhere and concluded it was the woman he was carrying.  Lagosians believed him and you know the rest of the story.  That people can believe these idiotic claims without any evidence suggests that the average Lagosian is an idiot.  Yes, I'm very angry.

2 Likes

Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by landis(m): 7:13am On Jul 30, 2008
well said.

every Nigerian would believe anything. We are gullible people.

Thats why Nigeria is in this sorry state.

The politician knows this and use it to get away with crime against us.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by seun001(m): 7:33am On Jul 30, 2008
grin grin grin, lol
was it seun that actually wrote that?lol
by the way u committed an unwritten rule on nairaland,no shamefaced generalisations, hmmmmm------an average lagosian?
i dont believe in all that crap so am an exception to ur supposition.and am assuming u didnt get to hear something like this happened a couple of days back in PH or thereabt.will do a search and post the link.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Ijiji1(m): 7:36am On Jul 30, 2008
I could not agree with you more Seun. What makes me so mad about these stories is that most of these people that believe these nonsense are the same people that go to church every single day and proclaim they are born again. angry
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Olaolufred(m): 7:44am On Jul 30, 2008
Seun, if you choose to commit the FALACY OF GENERALISATION this way,

I can logically conclude that you probably the master of the IDIOTS.

My advice is that even though you are free to express your opinion,
you must do so in a more responsible way.

Do you know that this generalisation includes your own relations? Not to talk about ones parents.

Please, opinion must be tabled with wisdom and not in Full-blown foolishness.

Hope to see you improve on this.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by DeepZone: 7:59am On Jul 30, 2008
That was funny tho, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The word "idiotic/idiot" was used 11x.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Godalone(m): 8:06am On Jul 30, 2008
Seun,the tune of your story is too high,you need not to generalise it.I think you owe all Lagosians and Nairalanders apology.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by kaypound(m): 8:20am On Jul 30, 2008
Olaolufred:

Seun, if you choose to commit the FA LACY OF GENERALIZATION this way,

I can logically conclude that you are the master of the IDIOTS.

My advice is that even though you are free to express your opinion,
you must do so in a more responsible way.

Do you know that this generalization includes your own relations? Not to talk about ones parents.

Please, opinion must be tabled with wisdom and not in Full-blown foolishness.

Hope to see you improve on this.
well said, i couldn't have addressed him better for someone who knows the rules. what a shame undecided
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by mellow(m): 8:23am On Jul 30, 2008
It takes idiots to blieve the story of idiots
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by ogrebuga(m): 8:27am On Jul 30, 2008
Apology my behind, doff my hat to you seun, at least someone has the courage to say it. [s]Nigerians are too frigging superstitious.[/s] Ooops, no generalisation, the bulk of nigerians  are too damn superstitious . tongue
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by deor03(m): 8:29am On Jul 30, 2008
There we go again, Ignoring the message and concentrating on the messanger.

It is only fools that will believe on this type of fallacy. A lot of people have lost their precious lives because of this foolish fallacy of transformation. Even Charles Darwin theory of evolution sounds more credible than what we think of this century in our modern Lagos.

Some years back, a boy was burnt to death in Lagos, another boy was burnt to death in Benin just because of some people stupidity and beliefs.

Why do you think someone will think ,that, cutting a person head for sacrifice will make him an instant millionaire?
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Olaolufred(m): 8:40am On Jul 30, 2008
@ deor03
Seun's message is clear.
And i buy into it.

But the right word softly spoken makes impact more.
Trying to use biting words could easily dilute the real message.

It's actually not scientific for human head to turn in money.
               But, it is Demonic.
               Our prayers should be, "may we and our Families not be a victim" Amen.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 30, 2008
Seun, the issues you raised are not something foreign in our society, actually it is the way that we were brought up in Africa that is sending us backwards while everyother society is progressing.
Our problem is religion because you can not separate religion from superstition, superstition is an offshoot of religion. The way we were taught from birth to blindly believe religion have turned all us into superstitious junks. Our African traditional system is full of myths, fable and some out right stupid belief but  we grew up in a society where religion stands above common sense and that increases superstition, this same sense of subjection have made it hard for our traditional African belief to go out of us even when we profess to be Christians or Muslims.
Now, I am not atheist but I believe that if God wants us to be dummies, he wouldn't have given humans the kind of brain he gave them.
Why we can't use that brain to fathom out superstition is the same reason why we can't use that brain to think when it comes to religion. Religion have held us in bondage in a way that a man will neglect his dying neighbour and buy a jet for a pastor in God's name. The sooner we prioritize common scientific sense over religion the earlier we will do away with superstition.
We shouldn't have religious studies in public schools rather it should be replaced by science oriented interactive classes, religious study should be a personal family affair. Let us teach ourselves to think before we believe, this does not go against the principles of religion if we learn to see religion as a way of attaining internal peace and not explanation to all facets of our lives.
This may not be agreeable to all of us but it is my own view.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Gonorrhea(m): 9:14am On Jul 30, 2008
Has this thread been raised to counter the allegations that surfaced in the papers yesterday?!hehe
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Caliente(m): 9:20am On Jul 30, 2008
[size=13pt]Don't you just love/hate the way the poster says idiotic. Idiotic People, Idiotic Reporters, Idiotic Story, Idiotic Nairalanders, Idiotic Tenant, Idiotic Claims, etc. I think the poster is annoyingly IDIOTIC[/size]
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by SeanT21(f): 9:27am On Jul 30, 2008
Thanks You for Clarifying but why you choose to insult people.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by carmelily: 11:09am On Jul 30, 2008
If you think these claims are absurd or idiotic, i wonder what you think about the genital-snatching claims. and then the 'victim' has to 'test it' on the 'snatcher' after it is mysteriously restored. Help, lawd cheesy

Nigerians are so GULLIBLE!
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 30, 2008
you know,whoever you are,what you do and where you are does not justify your use of derogatory language to lagosian and nigerian and in the first place,u don't have to generalise this whole thing as a Nigerian affair, we all have the right to believe and not to so whatever one's belief is shouldn't be a problem to you and your followers, please,watch your language when generalising issue
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by texazzpete(m): 11:34am On Jul 30, 2008
Seun is exasperated that Nigerians can be so gullible and silly nowadays to believe such claims. Superstition and unreasonable fear of the unknown prevents us from reaching our true potential.

It is pointless to lambast the messenger for the tone of the message while neglecting the message itself.

At least someone has the courage to speak out. People HAVE been burnt to death on the basis of this kind of needless superstition and false alarm. I know a middle aged woman who was beaten to a pulp and stripped naked on the alarm raised by someone that she stole his genitals.
Every single bloody story posted about people turnign to cats or dogs has the accused people with matchete cuts, bloody noses and broken bones, yet you fat cats with nary a scratch on you can sit here and castigate Seun for using strong words here?

1 Like

Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Mongue(m): 11:34am On Jul 30, 2008
Ha Ha Ha,

Actually I shouldn't laugh because it's quite scary! I was watching Silverbird news a couple of nights ago and they had probably a 5 minute piece on a bird that turned into a women in Agege! Some poor, probably slightly mentally sick old woman was shown with crowds of people arund her. The crowd where saying stuff like she turned from bird to woman and she comes in the nights as a bird and steals our babies!

It just goes to show the stupidity of a large part of the uneducated masses, and the fact that Silverbird runs it as a main news items amazes me. It's quite scary as imagine how you could manipulate these people by making up some story, people can and probably do die as a result of it.

I wonder when people will stop believeing such rubbish.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Godalone(m): 11:54am On Jul 30, 2008
I know that some people will not believe that human being can change to animal,because you guys were born in the cities go to the interior villlages and see wonder(Agbara agba).If you are still a doubting Thomas well someday you will see it physically.
carmelily:

If you think these claims are absurd or idiotic, i wonder what you think about the genital-snatching claims. and then the 'victim' has to 'test it' on the 'snatcher' after it is mysteriously restored. Help, lawd cheesy

Nigerians are so GULLIBLE!
Don't mind them,they will not believe until it happens to someone that is close to them.
Omode o mogun ohun pe lefo.
Shio.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Screwdiver(m): 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ Poster

I totally disaggree.

Last time i went to a restaurant with my collagues and the food arrives, i could see how people are turning in animals, chejj!
grin

But I feel sorry for all the people which are harmed or injured bicos people though their are whiches or whatelse. In Europe their burnt innocent people accused as whiches 600years ago, but Naija is surely more educated than the medieval europe?
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by cold(m): 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2008
But funny enough,this same people who deride others for believing in such stories believe there's a God and there's the Devil,biliv in a heaven & a hell,biliv in in a life hereafter.They also bliv in voodoo,ritual killings,seances.ouija boards etc.What a theatre of contradictions.If u blv that evil does exist then blv that anything is possible.(just my two cents).
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Gamine(f): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2008
@Poster, i disagree with you.

Those stories may be false, but Humans have changed into animals
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Caliente(m): 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2008
Godalone:

I know that some people will not believe that human being can change to animal,because you guys were born in the cities go to the interior villlages and see wonder(Agbara agba).If you are still a doubting Thomas well someday you will see it physically.Don't mind them,they will not believe until it happens to someone that is close to them.
Shio.

[size=13pt]Don't mind the idiots.[/size]
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by shescute4(f): 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2008
i saw the piece on tv about the woman who (lagosians say) turned from a bird to a woman shocked. my question is why wasn't there a picture or some kind of evidence of the said transformation. can u imagine what would have happened if the old woman didn't have any1 to protect her against the angry mob? lagos na wa!!
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by hardywaltz(m): 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2008
In Port Harcourt, recently a poor woman was knocked down at Gada junction of Aba road close to Garrison, the driver of the vehicle immediately claimed that the woman was a cat when he knocked (it) down. Its a pity that at this age we still believe this kind of rubbish. Its is not only a Lagos problem, its an African problem. That is why people pay huge amounts of money to "men of God" for miracles when the solution to the problem may just be common sense.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by idupaul: 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2008
if u like call me uneducated and bush, people can transform, believe me, u all need to take peek visits into the world of witch craft and see what these people do, man because of my doubting nature in the past i have ventured into the mystics of my village and believe those warlock people got a lot of stuff up them sleeves if u like call it tricks or illusions i saw stuff that made me become a christian, saw leaves that could make u withstand blades for some hours, saw a cup that i could drink from but couldnt spill the water onto the ground no matter how  hard i tried, and i heard stories but did not see a leopard cult whose members during the dance of the leopard could turn into big cats, men pls dnt doubt metaphysical stuff, after all jesus turned water to wine.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by carmelily: 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2008
Godalone:

Don't mind them,they will not believe until it happens to someone that is close to them.
Shio.

@Godalone

u quote me but misunderstand my post. i'm not on your side. I didnt say i believe any of that superstitious stuff. I'm with Seun!
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Godalone(m): 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2008
idupaul:

if u like call me uneducated and bush, people can transform, believe me, u all need to take peek visits into the world of witch craft and see what these people do, man because of my doubting nature in the past i have ventured into the mystics of my village and believe those warlock people got a lot of stuff up them sleeves if u like call it tricks or illusions i saw stuff that made me become a christian, saw leaves that could make u withstand blades for some hours, saw a cup that i could drink from but couldnt spill the water onto the ground no matter how hard i tried, and i heard stories but did not see a leopard cult whose members during the dance of the leopard could turn into big cats, men please dnt doubt metaphysical stuff, after all jesus turned water to wine.
Leave them until they make one of them a litmus test.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Godalone(m): 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2008
carmelily:

@Godalone

u quote me but misunderstand my post. i'm not on your side. I didnt say i believe any of that superstitious stuff. I'm with Seun!
You are misquoted? don't worry if you have time i will take you on a trip to a place in one of the villages in Nigeria,there you will see it with your naked eyes.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Godalone(m): 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2008
I am sure that some of you will not believe in the existence of God and devil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return / It Is Our Turn To Give Back To ABU- Governor Inuwa Yahaya / Darkness Can’t Overcome Light, Says Obaseki’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.