Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,868 members, 7,806,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

The Lost Tribe - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Lost Tribe (2041 Views)

The Lost Shoe ( A Short Story) / The Lost Love / The Lost Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 10:29am On Dec 14, 2013
THE PROLOGUE.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the copyright owner.

Urm.. I think it's time for your History class cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley

Welcome to the Teso tribe the powerhouse of Western Africa from the 75 BC till the late 3rd century when the Wagadu Empire rose from modern western Ghana, Mali, Senegal and Mauritania.

As the great Teso empire colapsed they fell back to modern day Nigeria, according to historians they're the first people to inhabit Nigeria. The Hausa caliphates rose and subdued them, pushing them southwards, when the Oyo empire rose they chased them to the River Niger then called Jura River as they fell back the Nri kingdom came in and seized more of their lands till the time of the great slave trade, when they had an encounter with the Great Spirit of the area. The Hepo of the Teso tribe made a deal with the Spirit of the land to protect them from further invasions and they were to sacrifice a human a day to the Great Spirit of the land BACCAROLE all was okay till the Europeans came with their religion and destruction...

Shittttt!!! Seems my noodles is on fire be right back
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 14, 2013
*following
Re: The Lost Tribe by 3Dimension: 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
Grabs a front seat... Oya come yarn the tin make I dey listen......
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
Guys welcome, ghost readers should sit down there's enough palmy and kpomo to go round cheesy will dropping the next soon
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 6:31pm On Dec 14, 2013

A woman is running through the vast land of the church premises she's not wearing slippers she has a head tie a dirty white t-shirt with a wrapper tied over her chest she's clearly in distress, she speeds past the big church bell thatz dangling over a mango tree, she stops in front of a large hut that was the parsonage, she unties her wrapper using one hand to hold it against her body and using the other hand to clean her face with the wrapper, blows her nose twice into the wrapper and cleans her nose with it. She ties the wrapper around her chest and knocks at the door reverently... No answer she knocks again this time hastily.

A boy opens the door, he's wearing a white short sleeved shirt with his knickers and his crossing belt coupled with his socks drawn up almost to his knees.

"Good evening ma, who're you looking for" the bright eyed kid asks her politely

"Is pastor at home" she said sniffling.

The Pastor comes out from the room opposite her.
Immediately she falls at the feet of the Pastor

"Pastor help... Please Pastor... My daughter... My daughter"

"Peace be upon you what is the problem with your daughter?" The pastor replies.

"I'm from Bam-Teso east of the great river, my daughter is possessed with a very powerful spirit, many men of God have prayed for her and she ends up killing them, I heard you've performed a lot of successful excorcisms please help ma daughter" The woman narrates with bursts of sobs after she says it
The pastors wife comes in smelling of smoke and sits near her crossing her hand over her neck and consoling her

"It's alright dear" she says

The pastors stands up

"where's she?" the pastor says

The pastor opens the door to the church. The prayer warriors are praying, he looks at the girl, she's barely eight years old and she'd killed four Pastors he sighed and clutched the large book near him...

It wasn't a bible

the girl was just busy biting her nails not minding them, backing the pastor she says immediately the pastor entered:

"Hey pastor why don't you tell these hypocrites to stop the noise? They see itz not getting close to me"

The pastor ignores her and enters the vestry
The girls looks up at them

"Stop the noise na" she says smiling

They ignore her

"Stop the noise" she screams in a girly way

no one bats an eyelid as her mum is crying and the prayer warriors are firing away

"fire! Fire! Fire!"

"STOP THE NOISE!!!!!"

she yells in an extra terrestrial kind of way, it was like a huge howl and thunderous at the same time, the buiding trembled to itz foundation the force from her yell was like an energy that threw the four prayer warriors to the wall and they fell. But they all rose up and standing prayer harder, faster and louder, calling out the evil spirit out. The little girl just smiled as the prayer warriors continued praying.

Some moments later the pastor comes out in his robe and the book

that wasn't a bible

and what he saw left his mouth agape

The little girl stood up red with rage she mutters some words as an unexplained wind came in to the church, the prayer warriors stop praying, looking at her as the wind start swirling around her, her hair suddenly turns white as she just waves her hand the four prayer warriors fly to the wall hitting it and falling down unconscious.

She looks at the mum

"Oh mum, sorry you had to see this, you have to leave"

The woman's face is clothed in horror

as the lil girl waves her hand and the church door opens another wave of hands and the mum flies out. She moves her hands in orchestraic manner and the four men gets suspended in the air still unconscious, with a wave of her handthey al fly through the open door she sharply closes her hands in afist and all doors and windows getz closed one after the other she flicks her thumb and her first finger and the huge candle in the middle of the church flickers and get's on.

"Pastor it's your turn to die, for misleading my people" the little gurl says

"Why are you here?" The pastor says coming down from the altar

"This is my land, these are people, i needed to punish them for disobeying me"

The pastor moves closer to her and lays his hand on her fore head.

"You foul spirit out!!" he orders

The young girl just stands looking up at him and then suddenly bursts out in laughter.

Some people are banging at the door buh it was locked

The pastor is bewildered

"You don't get it do you?" she asks him in her girly voice, still laughing.

She increases in size till she's a little above his size and starts growing bigger and bigger and bursts, a huge bat almost twice his size looks him in the eyes

"I'm Baccarole" it snarls

the pastor falls down nyash on the floor he continues pulling himself backwards

"Yeah run!!" It snarls again baring itz teeth for the pastor saliva dropping
The pastor grabs the book and opens to a marked page

"Jesu kensu testu dele mesune t'ile paypi tole su..."
The bat steps back
"What are you!!!" it snarls
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Rushing at the pastor who's still muttering wprds from the big book. The bat hits something like an invisible barrier and lands with the back it changes into a large wolf and lets out a loud howl.

"...i banish you to wherever you come from..."
The demon starts tearing it's body black smoke exhuding from it's already black hide

"I'll be back!!!" it said like a woman as it tears off it's body

"...and forever remain in your torment"

The smoke escapes the building through the sills in the jelosi window.
The pastor slumps
Re: The Lost Tribe by 3Dimension: 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
Interesting......baccarole.............
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
CHAPTER 2 (THE RALLY)

"Come on, the least you can do is just follow us to Calabar tonight..." Ibe says to his phone, he's pacing up and down his spacious living room, the colour combination of the Living room show his high knowledge of colours

"Okay don't worry i'll pay for an Executive room for the both of us will be fun i swear..."

He waits again hands akimbo, there's a grin in his face. He looks like an NBA star, towering at more than six feet with broad shoulders, his smile has captured more female 'fans' over the years, he would do well as a model, but hey, he didn't give a damn about modelling, he wasn't going to kiss some gay nigga's ass to be successful. He had started from the scratch, his parents had died when he was younger, a flu or something... His physical enduement had accelerated his climb in the ladder of success, he looked like nothing would ever stop him smiley

"Come on babe Tina won't bite, it's just a weekend in Obudu, not a honeymoon in the Caymans... Not that i wouldn't want that"

A mild knock is heard, he, still on the phone goes across the room to the door and opens it, Michael comes in with Mary. Mike is a cute skinny guy roughly six feet, he shakes Ibe gives Mary a high five.

"Mary and Michael is here... Yeah..."

Mary and Michael are in a relationship which had outlasted that of all their friends, they've just got engaged lately.

"Be fast oh!!" Ibe says dropping the phone before hugging Michael

"Thought you won't come bro" He says slapping his shoulder mildly.

They've been best friends for like forever, since Primary school till now.

"Whenever i see you bro i feel like singing 'Started from the bottom' "
He says pouring them wine from a bottle of Pure Heaven and shot of dry gin for himself

Michael laughs

"Had a tense week at work, yeah and we had this Fasting and Prayers in church"

Yeah and that Michael and Mary where really religious, it had started with Mary who had insisted Michael will come to her church if they were to date, he did and got converted or so he said, was fun when he began buh now he was really engrossed in this religion thingy

"Oh!!" Ibe says and goes back to the mini bar to pour himself another glass of another shot of dry gin

"You should come to church sometime" Michael says gulping his wine

"Nah not me, i'm not a church person"

Though his dad had been a pastor of a pemtecostal church, the way they were treated when his parents had died had made him feel sour about church and it's leaders.

Another knock is heard, Mary goes for the door Stephen and Tina comes in both with Backpacks

"Hey Stephen what's up" Ibe says shaking him, Stephen is a successful businessman who is dating Ibe's big sis Tina.

Tina is a really hard working lady who'd stood up as a big sis as early as when she was fifteen when their parents died.

"Mehn i'm happy to take a break from business, before ma head go burst"

"So what are we waiting for?" Tina cuts in in her bossy manner.

"Waiting for Stephanie" Ibe says pouring a shot for Stephen who takes a sip almost immediately.

"And who's Stephanie? You haven't told her yet that you're about to be engaged?" Tina says kicking off her high heels

Everybody in that room, urmm... Except for Stephen. Knew Patricia, Ibe's girlfriend who was away, studying in London, buh nobody has ever thought of even telling Steph or Patricia, probably because they all knew that he really loved Tricia. And as usual Tina always tried to be a pain in the buttt.

"I've always warned you about your extra love affairs, one day i say one day..."

"What's your problem again... I'll marry when i'm ready and as for now i have better things in mind than marriage, i've told you stay out of my love life" he says gulping down another shot of dry gin

Tina flashes him the bird and enters inside as Ibe laughs

"You mean you ain't getting married to Tricia?" Mary asks

"I didn't say that, neither did i say i will... Whatz your stress sef?"
he says irrritated and leaves for the t.v

"Chelsea trashed Arsenal this afternoon" Stephen says

"Whaat!!! Did you watch it?" Mike says sitting with them in front of the t.v

Three kids are sprawling ina large room, not so comfy, but it's okay, two large sofas are in the room, it's an old Victorian house with a fireplace in the livingroom.

"Mama ebisa to ke mi" one of the kids in the room complains wriggling hand on her tummy

"Food? There is no food, Baba gebi ke mi saro isa"

"Eh Mama" the kids chorus and huddle together in front of the fireplace

A boy nearly fifteen comes into the Livingroom.

"Mama, Gogli is back from the hunt"

The woman nods her head, a man walks into the room, he's got a stubby beard, and really huge, he's wearing a singlet with wrapper around his waist

Immediately he comes in the boy falls down flat

"Get up, where's Gogoli?"

smiley
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
The young boy stands up leading the man to the basement, where a man is sharpening his axe, there's a huge metal table in the room next to it, the huge man enters and smiles as he sees a man passed out and strapped to the iron table, he goes around to his head and presses his fore and middle fingers at his jugular and smiles when he feels the blood pumping through his veins. The man opens his eyes slowly

"Puhlease help ....."

he never finished the sentence

as he saw the man raise his pocket knife and stab him in the chest, and dragging the knife slowly around his heart he screamed with his last strenght, the huge man digs his hand into his chest, pulling out his heart while it was pumping out its last blood

the heart died in his hand

Gogol comes out with his axe over his shoulder

"Finish him off, keep his head for the morning sacrifice and his leg for dinner" he says walking out with the heart dripping blood sad

Gogol comes closer, with a swift swipe gets the head rolling
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 7:19am On Dec 20, 2013
Michael is packing the travelling bags in the trunk of the toyota Sienna.
Ibe looks at Steph and smiles, going ahead of her and takes her handbag from her and takes her hand and takes her to the car, he opens the door and she enters.

"Aww you're an old romantic" Steph says smiling.

"The things we do love" he replies and plants a kiss on her lips , his smile makes Steph to blush a little, He says nothing, his dimples had attracted a lot of females over the years, Steph was beautiful. Patricia was special he reminded himself.
Mary slaps him in the back.

"come back to naija, let's go"

Mary says entering the minibus

"Oh" Ibe exclaims, he asks, looking around seeing Mike typing something on his phone

"Where's Stephen?" he asks Tina

Tina just enters the housw, exists at the back and sees Stephen, he's smoking, smiling and looks at the skies as he sends the billows to heaven

"We are going"

"Will be there in a jiffy" Je answers not looking at her

"Hope you won't show everybody that you're a kushite?"

"Of course not dearie i'll be as quite as a lamb" he says turning towards Tina and gives a devilish smile.

She hisses and leaves

"Don't forget to lock the door when you're through"

Stephen doesn't take notice of her as she left, he just took a long heave of of the weed, drops it on the floor and crushes with his feet

"Hmm this shit is good"

He turns into the house and locks the door

"What so we know about this recent report of human disappearance in this kingdom?"
a man in royal regalia asks

he looks to be the leader of the people cos' every one's dressing was inferior to him.

The same huge man stands up and clears his throat

"Baba nu seti bati ke no tilefu, the gods are angry and unhappy with us, our ties with the other forbidden tribes have angered them"

"So priest of honour shall should we do to appease them??" a baba from the group asks

"We are to bring five male human heads as sacrifice, or they'll pick us one by one till we are all dead"
he says sitting down

"The mouth piece of the gods, The oracle sent from beyond the waters to man, isi lebo temu ka lakaba kamula" he pauses amd heaves a huge sigh

"How can we desist from trading with the other tribes, we'll simply die in hunger, we have to keep living, we don't want the famine of the past thirty moons to repeat itself" a slim hairy man in shirt and trousers says

"Are you questioning the credibility of Baccarole, goddess of fire and thunder?" Kamula, the huge man asks in a roaring voice

"Nope i just want to know where she was when our babies died of bursting bellies, where she was when we had to kidnap people from the forbidden tribes and eat to survive, if she even lives beyond the great waters. If she even... exists" Immediately he says the last word he burst into flames, everybody sitting around him flees, he screams tirelessly for thirty minutes and then drops dead

"Who else wants to question the existence of Baccarole goddess of fire and thunder, the superior goddess of all africa" Kamula says smiling as everyone in the hall is terrified.
"Come on Tina gimme the can beer in your bag"

Tina shoots him a look

"... and give anyone who's interested one"

Tina smiles and start sharing the booze, giving Ibe who's on the steering

"You ain't going to give our driver a can of booze"

"Why?" Ibe asks

"Because you're the driver" Mike shoots back

"If you want one Tina will give you, your pastor will never know"
he says smiling

"What he's saying is true" Mary says.

"Urm... Sister Mary learn to put your mouth where your pocket is"
Ibe says

"Hey, Ibe never you insult my fiancee again"

"oh that! fiancee is it?"

Michael is boiling in anger

"Babe itz okay" Mary says stroking Michael's back

Ibe makes to take a drink from the canned stout

"Babe watch the road" Steph says

Ibe ignores her

"Baby watch out!!" Steph screams

A car was overtaking a trailer, the car had cut into their lane in a bid to overtake the trailer, immediately Ibe curved into the road the car swerved to the left, and Ibe reflexly swerved to his left he moved off the road and the car started rolling down the cliff and crashed into an ancient tree.
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 7:20am On Dec 20, 2013
That distinctive stink of petrol and he was upside down. Ibe regained his consciousness almost immediately he tried to move but his leg was stuck under his seat he groans, looking around he sees steph lying hapless, he pushes her with his right hand

"Shittt! Steph don't die here now" He tells her

"Anybody awake?" He screams

he looks outside the shattered windows it was a huge forest

"Anybody there?" he screams just to hear echos

He could still percieve the smell of petrol, he could see death literally coming towards him with a curved Arabian sword, smiling. He suddenly hears a cough

"Who's that?" He says gently

"The petrol.... It's leaking" Ibe says gently

"I'm stuck... " Michael says
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
..... Continued
Gogoli and Kamula's son Paity are trampling down the forest beside the tar, they were not step on the tar, it was believed tha everyone who stepped on the tar disappeared, Buh Gogoli knew otherwise, there was strong black magic that held anyone who'd sacrificed blood on the Baccarole altar. They would die immediately they stepped on the tar. Gogoli had a double barrel and Paity had an extremely sharp machete

"Kupayi te' tulayi mu o" Gogoli says laughing

"I can kill now i'm not a chicken ke mu layi tuto" Patrick replies visibly angry

Just then they heard a piercing scream.

"Anybody there? Help!!!"

"Did you hear that?" Patrick says.

Gogoli nods in agreement

They run towards the noise, where they see a car upside down rammed in a tree, they rush towards the car that's already reeking petrol.

She was just walking through the bush rushing so she couldreach the clearing before midnight, she trips on a breathing root, she staggers, she'd reached the swamp.
She pulls out the rain boots from her big sack bag, she puts it on and steps a foot in the dark waters
two skeleton hands grab her leg from the water.
Ibe opens his left eye and then his right eye, people are standing over him.
He sits up with a start

"Oh thank God!" Steph says, sitting near him

"Baby are you okay?" Steph asks running her hands on his head

"Where are we?" Ibe asks

"Some people brought us here after saving us from the exploding car" Michael replies

"Oh i see, your friend is awake" Kamula says with a clearly cut accent none of them have heard before, as he comes in with Gogoli

"Thanks sir for everything" Michael says offering him a handshake

Kamula takes it

"I'm Kamula ke Kwanso, and this is my house" he says

"We're happy that you allowed us to stay for now, we'll be on our way as soon as we can" Michael tells him

"Urm... About that.." he says shaking his hairy head

"... The only bus that leaves here for the city only comes at the end of the year"

the room becomes absolutely silent

Everybody is shocked

"Where the **** is this place"

Ibe says standing up visibly angry

"This is Sumelo - Teso the last surviving city of the almighty Teso empire and you're in the house of the Chief Priest of Sumelo - Teso and young man when you're in my house you show respect!!" Kamula shouts back at Ibe forcing him to sit down.

Kamula's eyes exhuded some kind of terror tha imbibed fear in the mind of any one who looked him in the eye...

His square chest where built far better than Ibe's gym induced structure and his wonderfully bearded face could make any woman's legs wobble

"This is crazy, absolutely crazy" Stephen says in a cool voice

silence falls again

"Sir sorry for the outburst, it's just out of frustrations, can we stay here till we figure out what we'll do next"
Michael says breaking the silence

"I like you young man and that's why you guys will stay till you can go back to the city"

"We are grateful" Michael replies
shaking Kamula

"and you're welcome" Kamula says smiling

Kamula and Gogoli leaves the room

"Gogoli keep a close eye on them" He says in a low baritone voice

"Yes master" Gogoli replies

"They are not to go very far from the premises and what we are to eat they eat"
Gogoli nods.
She pulls her leg from the waters shaking her leg off.

"Bu ne kamnu kala si ne tulo figi yankya..." she chants

The black waters start boiling, she hears screams and wailings and the waters recede creating a pathway for her in the middle, she reluctantly steps a foot in the pathway, boiling water on both sides.

She was proud of herself, only a human with the highest supernatural powers could do it, just then she heard a piercing scream, she'd steppped foot into the land of the spirits, a part of the evil forest

balls and balls of fire was coming before her

"Mortal how dare you come here!!" she hears in a high pitch sound

"Ke ma si na tu po" She yells
a chilling breeze comes from her hand, surrounds her and in a push she sends the breeze-now wind towards the balls of fire and it blows it off.

"Mortal what do you want?"
A very young pretty lady says approaching her from the back

"The Pastor's book"
"What does this mean" Ibe says slumping back on the bed

"Hey watch it, it's a spring bed" Michael says

"What!! Where are we? In the 19th century?" Ibe says angry

Stephanie sits near him.

"What are we supposed to do?"

"We are supposed to wait till the transport comes, or make our way to the express and wait for a lift" Mary says looking tired. Michael holds her close to him

"Tina you've been quiet, what are you thinking?" Ibe says

"Nothing" she says

"Anytime you're quiet when something concerning us is being talked about, you're thinking" Ibe replies

"Don't worry IB it's bizarre" Tina says

"Try me" Ibe says

She stands up

"You know the lost tribe dad was studying about he and mum's sudden bizarre death?" Tina asks
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
"Yeah the tribe name Teso?" Ibe replies

After some moments he raises his eyebrows

"So you're thinking what i'm thinking?" Tina asks

"Yes" He answers smiling

"Should we be afraid?" Steph asks

"Yeah definitely these people have the most bizarre tradition in africa" Tina says

"Mike and Mary it's high time you start your night vigils" Ibe says laughing

A mild knock is heared and Stephen reluctantly opens the door, and a kid of about ten enters wearing a 19th century maid's dress
she bows

"Milady... Say... Ladies... Another room" she stammers... Gesticulating

"What he **ck" Tina exclaims

"Why?" Mary asks her but she does not respond

"Isn't it obvious that she can't speak English"
Michael says

The three ladies move to her

"Please... Follow me" She says
leading the ladies out of the room.

"This just getting wierder" Stephen says...
Re: The Lost Tribe by 3Dimension: 7:18am On Dec 23, 2013
Interesting read...I'm enjoying it
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
BACCAROLE EPISODE FOUR BY KING DAVE

She was walking down the snow covered street, hugging herself tight, she took one end of her scarf and threw it over her neck, she just needed a trip back home

Her name was Patricia Igolo.

She wanted to be with him. He was so far away, she just brought out her phone from her jeans and scrolled through her messages to make sure she didn't miss anything.
He hasn't yet sent the normal sweetheart christmas message he sends every christmas. She felt like sitting on the road, burying her head into snow and have a good nice cry, buh she bit her lips hard that it nearly bled, buh the tears escaped anyway.

It was the day after christmas.

And he hadn't called yet, he had called Ibe buh it wasn't going through, she tried calling his sister Tina the same problem, when she called Mary and Michael and it had the same problem.
She reached her door and opened it. Melinda was home, she could notice with the smell of breakfast. Melinda was her flat mate, she'd been her first friend since she arrived Uk, there was something about her, though she was a lesbian which she actually did mind. Buh she's been with her through the ups and downs of life in London's east end, she wasn't that homophobic towards her anymore.
She just entered her room heaved a sigh of relief, she removes the gloves and the heavy sweater she was wearing and removed the scarf.
She took out her phone from her pocket and dialed his number, it was taking a long time to connect, a smile creeped into her lips as she hoped it'll ring.

"...... The number you're calling...." the automated voice told her.

There was a sharp pang of pain across her chest. Then she threw the phone across the bed

"it's still not going through?"
Melinda says at the door.

"Yes Lin, i think there's something wrong" she says slumping on the bed.

Melinda rushes to her and sits beside her and crosses her hand over Tricia's shoulder, Tricia lies on her chest and soaks her top with her cries.

"It's okay Triciaa, don't you have friends or relatives who can check them up?"

Patricia lifts up her head from her chest and stops, thinking for some seconds.

"Actually i have, thank you Linda, you're such a darling" she says

Standing up she cleans her eyes with a handkerchief on the reading table and grabs her phone from the bed.

"Hey Joe how far?"
"Hey Michael where's ma wallet?"
Michael is writing something on the bed, he turns and sits up

"Oh i didn't tell you?" He says

"Tell me what" Ibe roars looking as aggressive as ever

"Hey man why you throwing this stuff on me?"
Michael says angrily.

"I ain't throwing nothing at you" Ibe retorts

"You're not? So why have you been coming at me since you woke up?"

"You've gone nuts man!" Ibe says

Stephen comes into the room.

"Don't say that to me again, it was your carelessness that got is here in the first place"

Ibe makes a move to punch Michael, stephen steps in between them

"Come on guys stop it okayy"

The both of them gradually stop hyperventilating.

"We are in the middle of God-knows-where and there's no way out if we keep going at each other's throats, worse still our ladies, who we can't meet with, are locked up in a God-knows-where top tower so cut it!!" stephen yells

They all sit down simultaneously on the bed

"Man your wallet must have gotten lost in the fire" Michael says

Ibe just nods.

"We all lost our things Ibe, which makes getting out of here a lot harder"

"We have to make do with what we have" Ibe says

A mild knock is heard and the door opens and the young maid comes in again and bows

"Milady says come out for dinner"

"How dare you?" the young woman asks her.

"I demand the book" the woman tells her

The young woman hits her staff on the ground three times

"You don't have pure motives for the ancient book"

The woman becomes enraged and starts hyperventilating

"Cua nemaro tobeja ke malo" She shrieks
a heavy wind blows the woman across and she hits her head on the tree and falls, she levitates standing up in the air she lands forcefully on the floor in a hulk-like pose (stooping, right fist on the ground, head bowed,one leg kneeling) the forest floor shakes and crows starts cawing away, she loks up to her and disappears. The woman looks around in anticipation, after looking around she feels something crawling down her cheeks, she was shedding tears, she touches the tears slowly and looks at it, it wasn't tears...

She was crying blood

What the heck? Her body was shivering

so was the ground

Black Hands shoot out from the ground

"Bu Kemi kala si ne tulo figi yakya" she chants buh nothing happened

She chants again

but these creature were diggin themselves up from the ground

These things were charcoal black

She was scared

her bowels let go, she had wetted herself wid urine

they were all fully out dragging her body, she fell down and they were all over her, one yanked her leg out, the other her hand.

She screams

... Continued
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 4:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
One who looks like their leader comes to join them, the others stop yanking her body out and she lay there covered with blood, the leader comes in smiling, looking her in the eye it sees wickedness in her eyes its smiling face turns sour as it, with a punch digs into her chest and plucks her heart out, he raises it above its head, and the followers start jumping obviously in a festive mood. The heart keeps beatin in it's hand

It dies...

***TO BE CONTINUED***
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
They are all sitted in the dining table. Kamula was sittted at one end of the table, at the other end of the table sat a young beautiful woman who looked like a person still in her twenties, her hair is a pitch black and she was fair in complexion and cute dimples, she was a queen to behold, she smiles at Ibe as Ibe faces his empty plate. The Ladies where Sitting opposite the guys, two little girls sitted beside their mother and Paitsy sitted at his Father's left and an empty seat on his right

"You have another son?" Michael asks breaking the silence.

"Yeah, he unfortunately died in an accident" Kamula says, Gogoli brings in a large bowl plate with a lot of obstruction inside, they'd never eating anything like it before. It was a watery soup with a lot of meat inside.

Stephanie takes two spoonfuls into his plate and so does others, the Bread is passed as they all took a piece of the bread, it was as flat as Lebanese bread.

"Ghenbe Bread, so tasty, and costly" Kamula says

"Really? Why?" Michael asks

"There's only one factory in Teso now itz made from cassava flour" Kamula replies taking a munch at his bread

"What kind of meat is this?" Tina asks looking at Kamula

"It's Bush meat, killed by the best hunter in Teso land.. The Keusamo..." Gogoli replied

"Spiced with the best wild spices that can be found in the wild forests of Teso Land" He finishes smiling.

Kamula Smiles satisfyingly

"You guys haven't been out of your rooms for days why don't you guys join us in the morning for the Jesopi Huypi"
Kamula says.

Stephen puts his woodem spoon into the bowl taking a scoop of soup with a little bits of obstruction in it. If he had looked a little more closely at what he was about to eat he would have seen what looked like a human finger in his spoon,

buh he didn't, he just put the soup in his mouth and takes a bite of the bread

Grinding the bread and finger...

"Hmm Yummy" Stephen says

"You said?" The woman says for the first time since they started eating.

"Urmm... I sais we wouldn't miss it for the world" Stephen says

The others shoots him a shock look.

Kamula and Gogoli enter a big hall at the other end of the hall was a huge metal throne in which a man sat with the famous, legendary golden crown of Teso on his head forged from the gold mines of Ashanti, he was a man of nearly fifty years,

"You're late Kamula, Fe sa ti ku mo lu?" The King asks

"Ko me li fekan" He apologises and sits on the only empty small stool facing the King.

"Ko me li fekun" He apologises and sits on the only empty stool facing the King

"So now we have an urgent business to attend to, scribe?" He calls on the scribe

He stands up

"Li Fekun ekelosure" The scribe says bowing to the King

"The debate on the future of Teso" He says

"Before we continue, i heard of what happened in Sumelo Teso; Kamula i don't want a bizarre repitition"

"Yes Li Fekun" Kamula says bowing

Li Fekun meaning your majesty

"So should we remain secluded from the world or should we pour out our armies and begin the conquest of reclaiming the Lost Great Teso Empire or finally should we release the witch bound to make the invisibility thread" The King says sitting up
"What in heaven's name was that?" Ibe says immediately they enter the room. Stephen doesn't say a word, but falls on top of the two beds in the room.

"Steve we're talking to you" Michael says slamming the door behind him.

"Hey don't go all angry with me, we weren't going to stay in here as if we were in a prison"
he says looking at them

"Yeah we could go out for a change, but not to a sacrifice" Ibe says

"Not me too" Michael says removing his trousers

"Come on guys, it's not that hard, they are our guest and we are supposed to make them happy" Stephen says

Ibe ignores him and wears his t-shirt jean.

"So we are going to be men and act according to our responsibility" Stephen finishes

"Well he's right in a way, we can't be here and ignore them as if they don't exist and then turn up at the dining table during meals" Ibe reasoned

"No matter the reasons you give, i ain't going to a ritual cleansing" Michael says

"Talking about going, Steve can i get a packet of cd from you?" Ibe says wearing his canvas

"You ain't to be bleeping Steph in that their small room will you? You'll just tell the other gurls "excuse me i want to bleep my gurlfriend" huh?" Steve says throwing him a packet

"Thanks man" he says pocketing it

"Don't forget to gist us after every every" Steve calls out as Ibe opens the door.

"Won't forget it for the world" Ibe says giving him a wink

Ibe was so happy at the end of every conquest, he was the type that will write down the type of moan every woman he bleeped moaned in his diary. But he didn't, he just gisted his friends which always fed his ego smiley smiley cheesy
He goes to the place he'd told Steph to wait for him, it was a place where straw was kept for the horses. A woman slept there, buh she didn't anymore

.... Continued
Re: The Lost Tribe by adegwurulez(m): 11:28am On Dec 30, 2013
Following
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 7:43am On Dec 31, 2013
He smiles as he sees her scarf on a tree branch, she was teasing him, he picked it up and followed the trail.

Yeah he knew in his heart that he loved Patricia. But there was some thing apart from the fame Stephanie had, she was better in bed than Patricia smiley he was a no dulling guy, breaking hearts was not a new thing to him. He knew he would dump Steph when Tricia came back from London. But he felt for her, she loved him so much that she could wire a million naira for him cheesy what a gurl, but he was going to lose her and probably miss what she brought to the game

the problem was when?

When was he going to lose her?

He'd picked a few souveniers when he saw a smudge of blood on the blouse he'd picked upm he stepped foot on something like a fluid, he pulled his flashlight and flashed it on the floor.

It was blood,

Blood everywhere

he got scared and checked buh couldn't see a thing.

He followed the trail of blood to a place... He sees a dismembered body, no limbs and no head, he felt like vomiting and he saw a thin trail of blood, cheesy smiley to a large tree. there what he saw, ,ade his feet wobble he fell nyash down and broke down crying this couldn't be happening to him, what will they tell him.

A head was at the foot of the tree, the mouth was stuffed with green leaves, the eyes where wide open
it was the most horrific thing his eyes had seen, he knew one thing

She felt a lot of pain before she died

There lay Stephanie's head

what could she have done to deserve this treatment?

Why d f**k did his grandpa's past catch up with him

sad ;( ;(

****TO BE CONTINUED****
Re: The Lost Tribe by Royver(m): 9:41am On Jan 03, 2014
Happy new year! I've pm'ed you. You can go ahead, just gimme the link as usual.
Nice story by the way.

1 Like

Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 3:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
Tina wakes up in a start, sweating profusely, she'd obviously had a nightmare. Mary is sleeping peacefully beside her, she turns and checks the other bed.

It was empty

shocked she checked her wristwatch

1:00am

she stands up and wears a jacket, puts her leg in the bathroom slippers.

"Where are you going?" Mary says rousing from her sleep

"I'm going to look for Stephanie"

"Where??"

"Dunno, but i had a feeling that something bad happened"

"Tina give it a rest okay? She said she'll be going to the woods to spend time with Ibe" Mary says still in bed

"Well we'll at least check Ibe out"

"We?" she says sitting up

"You don't expect me to roam those dark halls alone do you?" Tina complains

Tina walks down the hall and stops at a door, and listens closely, before opening the door, she walks down the stairs with Mary following her

then a cat meowed

they stopped right in their tracks as they saw the glowing eyes of the pussy cat.

Immediately the lamps in the stairway caught fire silmultaneously

They both gasp in shock.

"You just woke my kids up" Kamula's wife says two children huddling beside her

"Oh my God, sorry ma'am, you scared us"

"Is there anything you want?" she asks Tina

"We're looking for Stephanie" Mary says

"Is she not in her room?" the woman asks

Immediately the door opens Ibe barges in with something in his hand

Stephanie's head

Mary yells and faints, Tina breaks down crying, slowly sitting down on the stairs. Kamula's wife is unshaken, as the children run away screaming
Michael wakes up in a start as he hears screams, he wakes Stephen up but he grudgingly goes back to sleep, he strutters into the corridor and sees Ibe holding Steph's head with two hands

"I want to keep her" Ibe mutters

"No, its sacriledge to have a dead man in the house, she'll be buried at dawn when Kamula is back"
Fuky, Kamula's wife says
"It's conclude then, we kill the witch making us invisible and let Teso known to the world" The King says standing from his throne he claps his hands and four nearly unclad beautiful Teso ladies walk in holding a tray and jugs of palm wine, with baked food.

"I'm not letting you do this" Kamula says quietly

"What did you say Kamula?" The King says

"I'm not letting this happen!!" He yells

Immediately the palace start shaking ferociously the high pillars, the tray and glass jugs in the hands of the ladies starts shaking and drops off their hands, shattering on the floor

everybody is shaken

"You said you wouldn't do this, you're defying your King!!"
The King yells

"Yes Li Fekun i said so, the fact is that i'm not the one causing this..." He says looking around, they are all sprawling on the floor.

"Bacccarole is causing it, she doesn't agree with the outcome of this our little meeting"

little cracks are formed in the floor and thick black smokes escapes through the cracks on the floor.

"What are you doing?" The scribe stammers frightened and shaken.

The smoke wraps itself around the two ladies they let out a scream that fills the room for some seconds and the black smokes diffuses into their body, and they suddenly stop screaming and starts moving in like zombie. They take the broken remains of the glass Jugs and attacks the other chiefs stabbing and cutting ferociously, that even shocks Kamula. After killing the chiefs one of the ladies face the scribe he moves backwards he crashes on his back the woman stabs him in the adam's apple and plucking it out with a hard pull and dropping it.
The girls look at themselves then starts fighting and killing themselves till only one remains and she stabs herself in the neck, she opens her mouth and the black comes out of her and mixes with the ones coming from the other women and forms into a woman

Dark with long hair, curvy and nude

"You like your women like this right?"
It says

The King is scared shitless that it falls down face down in front of it

"Have mercy on me Baccarole and i'll serve you forever" He begs weeping

"Yeah you'll serve me forever in hell!!" it yells

With a wave of hands the King stands up levitating, he's scared shitless, he's crying, his trousers are wet and dripping with urine. His crown just lifts itself from his head and rests on Kamula's hand.
Kamula looks scared too as he looks at the crown in his hands and at the lady squeezing his King, for once he thought twice, the King's eyes turning red and blood starts flowing from it, forms the nose and he starts coughing ouut blood.

"Ka...mu...la... Please" The King pleaded for the last time. Immediately after that his skull busted pieces of brain spattered everywhere.

Baccarole turns to Kamula and gives him a charming smile he shudders as she comes near him and gives him a full mouthed kiss for a moment.

"I hope you don't have any other excuse for keeping me waiting..." She says running her hands over his biceps

"...You don't know how hot it can be down there"
She just disperses into black smoke

TO BE CONT'D
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 3:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
EPISODE EIGHT

They walked outside the front door for the first time, the sun shone brightly that morning. The place was really beautiful, with long pillars and beautiful courtyards it looked like he was walking in ancient Rome. Greek and Roman civilization certainly influenced this people. Michael is beside him, he just smiles at him.

The place was beautiful, just as his dad told him in stories, knives were shared for the morning sacrifice. They had nobody to speak to, nobody seemed to understand English. Michael tapped him at the back as they entered the busy street pointing him to an open space with a platform were Kamula and Gogoli stood, the place was full men, women and children. It was as if the whole village came out.

"This Village is kinda big" Michael whispers to him, He could estimate seven to eight hundred people with knives.

Paity, Kamula's son comes to them

"You came" He said smiling as he shakes stephen, Mike and Ibe

"We gave our word" Steve says smiling

"Dad will make an announcement and then lead us in the sacrifice which is to slash the back of our wrists" he says

"That's the sacrifice" Paity says
He hands them pieces of white clearly for bandaging

Kamula clears his throat and every body becomes silent

"Baccarole le suton..." he blabbers away

"Can you interprete for us?" Stephen says to Paity who nods his head in agreement

"Baccarole had shown judgement to the King and the men of his court she has handed me the crown as the transitional King of the eight villages of Teso...." he says

Ibe zones out

Somebody taps Ibe behind the leg and he turns and sees a small cheeky gurl who thrust a piece of paper in his hand and runs away dissapearing in the crowd.

Ibe opens the neatly folded paper

"DON'T SLASH YOUR WRISTS OR BOW TO BACCAROLE AND WE COULD GET YOU OUT OF HERE ALIVE..."

something was written in the base of the paper

"Wait after the sacrifice and we'll meet"

Ibe passes the paper to Tina on his left
She couldn't wait for the aeroplane to land.

She knew in her guts that something was wrong, she had tols Joe, her buddy, to keep the good or bad news till she lands and give it to her in full.

Joe was an agent in the Federal CID, she'd told him to get to the very bottom of the matter and she knew that Joe will go extra-mile to please her.

She smiled as she cleared her luggage and stepped into the arrival lounge, she was looking around for Joe and then saw her driver, waving at her, she hissed and threw her bags on him and went straight to her car.

She could be really bossy when she was angry

She stopped in front of the S-Class as the driver runs (Urm... Struggling with the luggage sha) to open the door.

"Gbenga wetin be this? Wey ma Honda Element?" she asks

"Urmm... Madam, oga Kingsley carry am go conference last week since then e no wan start"

"And you no see any other car for house na dis tin you see?"

"Madam sorry"

"Don't sorry me take me home jare"

She enters the car and Gbenga closes the door as she enters and loads the trunk, then zooms off
They enter the gate of the big mansion her dad owned. No one will ever know that this mansion contained only six bedrooms, she smiled home sweet home.

Gbenga unloads as the stewards come take the bags inside

"Gbenga i'm sorry for shouting at you in the airport eh?"

"No pronlem madam, Gbenga no take offense" he replied bowing down

She hands him two pounds

"Eh pounds ke? Thank you madam... Oyinbo money!!!" he screams

he lies down on the floor on his white shirt

"Ema kpe fun wa o!! Eni kan Agbako"

"It's okay Gbenga" she said smiling

"Aunty Tricia!!" Her cousin says coming to hug her

A knock on the door, Tricia is lying on her bed watching a phillipino telenovella

"Who's it?" she says lowering the volume of the tv

"Madam, Joe is in the sitting room waiting for you" the stewardess says

"Tell him to come here" She says

Joe knocks and comes into her room

"I've been waiting for you" She says still focused on her television

"Sorry, had a busy day at work" he sais sitting down on the bed, he sighs

"Bad news eh?" she says tears running down her cheeks

"Yes..." he replies; she bursts out crying, sniffing and coughing, she rest on Joe shoulder

"What happened?" She says amidst her sobs

"Mike's friend in the office said they went to calabar on vacation, with the Siena since then they'd not called none of their families her heard from them since last two weeks"

"So they're missing?" She said cleansing her eyes with the handkerchief Joe provided

"Their car was found in a creek just before Cross River, it was burnt and their bodies were charred beyond recognition"

She cried more

"Don't worry, we've just got authorization for an autopsy report can i get anything from you that i can get his DNA from"

"You mean Ibe's DNA? Yeah... Yeah of course"

She enters her wardrobe and gets a hairbrush

To be continued...
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2014

Joe examines it then puts on medical gloves and picks some strands of hair from the brush and puts it in the sample bag and leaves as he reaches the door

"It better not be him, Joe it better" she says sobbing
Joe smiles and leaves

"That girl shouldn't be dead Funky, now we have to work ahead" Kamula says getting into bed

"I had no choice, she saw Paity playing with a phone that she thought was burnt with the car, i told Gogoli to execute her" she said

"Now we have to be faster, Baccarole wants a body, and that girl's was the best i had found" Kamula says

"What do you mean Baccarole wants a body? We've not found the Pastor's book yet"

"The book is lost, nobody will find it, even Kure died looking for it"

"What? Kure the renowned witch?"

"mhmm, i told her to find it, she died there, the problem is which body we should give Baccarole" Kamula says turning to face her

"The other short dark one that has a ring in her middle finger is just fine" Fukie says

"Okay, will think about it, but now i have to sleep" Kamula say

"Not yet Li Fekun" Funky says removing the sheets. She's been under and kamula let's out an "O" as he sees her full nude model body

"Close it before mosquito enters it" She let's out a wicked laugh

"A small celebration for my coronation huh?" Kamula says smiling foolishly

"Yep... Come over here naughty boy :* " she says biting her lower lip

**TO BE CONTINUED ON FRIDAY**
Re: The Lost Tribe by fhunn: 11:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
Con complete am na
Re: The Lost Tribe by Nimen(m): 9:34am On Oct 30, 2014
fhunn:
Con complete am na

completed, nairaland tsunami wiped it out
Re: The Lost Tribe by fhunn: 10:50am On Oct 30, 2014
Nimen:

completed, nairaland tsunami wiped it out

Oya gimme a link to a complete version abeg
Re: The Lost Tribe by fhunn: 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
Nimen abeg na do something

(1) (Reply)

Red Ribbon / Jesus Always: Embracing Joy In His Presence - Ebook [kindle, PDF] / Thomas Hardy "tess Of The D'urbervilles & Whole Soyinka "the Lion & The Jewel&quot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.