Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,360 members, 7,780,984 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:52 AM

the Roots of Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / the Roots of Atheism (466 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

the Roots of Atheism by kambo(m): 3:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
"if i cant understand or figure out God with my head,then He doesnt exist.
If i can't create or devise or find rational model for God that satisfies my curiosity then He doesnt exist - to me".

Assumption: if there's a God then i can understand how he works.
Perfectly.
If there's a God,He shud act accordg to my expectations .
My mind has no limits and can understand all things.

Flaw: if there's a God he may or may not choose to explain himself to me.

Flaw: like an ant cant reason out a human being , man may not have the capacity to mentally dissect God - humbling. Cuz He's tooooo much to even wrap ur head around Him.

Summary: atheism is based on pride and rebellion.
Pride, cuz the atheist sceptic assume their minds can determine and reason out all things- given ample time. Atheists think they know better,they read about acts of God in d bible and believe they
cud hav judged situations better than God . Y did God do these y did God do that, did He hav 2 do these, cudnt he hav done it this way instead etc (see i'm smarter than ur so called God).

Rebellion , as a result of overflowing pride the atheistic mind holds God or belief in God to ransom for their willing submission to him. They say in other words if God wants them to believe in Him,he must submit to their terms or they'll spurn Him and (hopefully He'll miss them).

1 Like

Re: the Roots of Atheism by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
ooh....the branches of atheism must be much worse than the roots.

let's not even talk about the tress lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: the Roots of Atheism by kambo(m): 10:32am On Dec 15, 2013
Logicboy03: ooh....the branches of atheism must be much worse than the roots.

let's not even talk about the tress lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Without roots theyd b no tree. And d root is d same no matter d flavour of atheism.
Bloated Pride and rebelling drives atheism.
Re: the Roots of Atheism by plaetton: 8:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
kambo: "if i cant understand or figure out God with my head,then He doesnt exist.
If i can't create or devise or find rational model for God that satisfies my curiosity then He doesnt exist - to me".

Assumption: if there's a God then i can understand how he works.
Perfectly.
If there's a God,He shud act accordg to my expectations .
My mind has no limits and can understand all things.

Flaw: if there's a God he may or may not choose to explain himself to me.

Flaw: like an ant cant reason out a human being , man may not have the capacity to mentally dissect God - humbling. Cuz He's tooooo much to even wrap ur head around Him.

Summary: atheism is based on pride and rebellion.
Pride, cuz the atheist sceptic assume their minds can determine and reason out all things- given ample time. Atheists think they know better,they read about acts of God in d bible and believe they
cud hav judged situations better than God . Y did God do these y did God do that, did He hav 2 do these, cudnt he hav done it this way instead etc (see i'm smarter than ur so called God).

Rebellion , as a result of overflowing pride the atheistic mind holds God or belief in God to ransom for their willing submission to him. They say in other words if God wants them to believe in Him,he must submit to their terms or they'll spurn Him and (hopefully He'll miss them).

Why don't you believe in Zeus? Please be honest with your answer.
Is it because of your pride, or .......?

1 Like

Re: the Roots of Atheism by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
plaetton:

Op is brain dead

1 Like

Re: the Roots of Atheism by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
plaetton:

Or his ancestors were not colonized by the greek

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 18th Of December 2013 / Red Star Express Auditor Murdered Yesterday In His Home / Must See Video:nigeria's Millionaire Preachers By Bbc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.