Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer (9618 Views)

Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 / Best Antivirus To Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by kittykollinxx(m): 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
God is my anti-virus
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by akereconfi: 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
y2k62: I've used norton before. Believe me it's crap

Maybe you used outdated norton without license.

Buy a norton with valid license and keep it updated.

If you wanna test the strength of ur antivirus....PM me ur email lemme fire u a spyware, if ur anti virus detects it...........u are good.

Not even an ant crawls into my system
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by AMvanquish: 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
AVG is the crappiest anti virus of em all.. It would always be detecting threats and deleting them but still Crashed my system back in 2008.. Poo! Never used it since then. Kaspersky has been good 4 me since then..
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by chefdoeuvre: 1:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
With cnstnt updates n round-d-clock protectn..my 3k 4 1yr guaranteed protctn z worth it..

#teamNORTON
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Olugbenger(m): 1:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
undecided
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by mu2sa2: 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
sarutobie: Used bitdefender years back.it isn't common here but that antivirus software is as tight as Alcatraz prison.
True. l bought mine online. lt was sent to me by email . The backup cd was then posted to me by first class mail from USA. Since l hav been using bitdefender antivirus no virus has got past it. Once a colleague's flash drive introduced a virus on my laptop that freezes the system after booting. After fruitless efforts to even open a page l shut down in frustration. I had thought that I would hav to format but then the following day I decided to start the system and presto everything was ok - bitdefender did its work. Bitdefender is the best antivirus.

1 Like

Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Bayils(m): 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
Trying to install Microsoft Security Essential for more secured environment.....!
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
Elantracey: Smadav is a very good one,.,it doesn't even need updatin lyk avast and AVG
smadav is shît!
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Rebetebaba: 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Please someone should help me out with sites for free anti-virus software for my laptop as i will really appreciate
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by MuniruA(m): 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
Avast 2014 requires 18digits code. Anybody with d code?
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by GentleFrank(m): 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nice info !
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by dokunbam(m): 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
what of Microsoft Security Essential?
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by PopeXanderVII: 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
y2k62: I've used norton before. Believe me it's crap

I have a one year Norton subscription. Best anti-virus I've used, it scans my downloads, has its own firewall, has a vault for storing passwords, does full scans on its own.

Its only disadvantage is that sometimes the firewall blocks Google chrome.
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Dawatech(m): 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
ozoneprince: Nowadays virus have turn many laptops and desktop users to keep formatting there systems,Is your Computer files being infected with viruses ? though there are many Top Free Antivirus Software you can use to scan your computer for virus, malware or other destructive programs but what if the problem persists? In such situation, scanning your computer with Online virus scanner will be the next solution to offer, the interesting part of this online virus scanner is that you don’t have to install them on your computer permanently unlike that of the Anti-virus software ,below are 10 best online antivirus to secure your computer

N/B: Online virus scanners don’t offer real time virus protection like antivirus software and so should never be considered a substitute for an installed antivirus software scanner. But if you suspect your computer is virus infected or your installed antivirus software is missing a threat, an online scanner can be a valuable tool to use. online scanners come to rescue when you can’t install an antivirus in your system because of an existing virus infection.

McAfee FreeScan : McAfee Security Scan Plus is a free diagnostic tool that ensures you are protected from threats by actively checking your computer for up-to-date anti-virus, firewall, and web security software. It also scans for threats in any open programs.

Jotti’s malware scan : Jotti’s malware scan is a free online service that enables you to scan suspicious files with several anti-virus programs.

F-Secure Online Virus Scanner ; F-Secure Online Scanner helps to get rid of viruses and spyware that may cause problems on your PC, and it works even if you have another security software installed on your computer. F-Secure Online Scanner is easy to use with just a couple of clicks: just download it and run it. It does not leave anything on your PC.

Panda ActiveScan : Panda ActiveScan is one of the best online scanner that detects all types of malware, vulnerabilities and unknown threats.

BitDefender Online Virus Scanner ; Bitdefender QuickScan uses in-the-cloud scanning technology to detect active malware on your system, in under a minute. Because it focuses on active e-threats, the product uses just a fraction of the system resources needed by a regular virus scan
requires no time-consuming virus signature updates, as the detection process is performed by remote Bitdefender servers.

ESET Online Virus Scanner : Using ESET Online Virus Scanner scan your PC for known malware including viruses,threats, worms, Trojans, phishing, and spyware.

Kaspersky Security Scan ; Simple and easy to use virus scanner.

Trend Micro House Call : Trend Micro HouseCall can quickly identify and fix a wide range of threats including viruses, worms, Trojans, and spyware.

Virus Total : Virus Total is an another free malware and URL online scanning service for checking and detecting viruses using different antivirus.

avast! Online scanner : avast! Online scanner gives the possibility to check your files quickly. it only scans one file at a time with size not exceeding 16MB.

Hope it helps

http://.com/10-best-online-antivirus-to-secure-your-computer/#sthash.goVbswV2.lWXy2GaL.dpuf

am seeing things ..

http://www.dawahnet.com/2013/11/free-online-virus-scanner-to-secure-your-computer.html
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by ademega(m): 7:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
Gud
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by lepasharon(f): 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
KAspersky..Brap brap !
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Slipknot(m): 8:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
akereconfi:

Maybe you used outdated norton without license.

Buy a norton with valid license and keep it updated.

If you wanna test the strength of ur antivirus....PM me ur email lemme fire u a spyware, if ur anti virus detects it...........u are good.

Not even an ant crawls into my system

ok bros, lets see what you got? Fire me up on slipknot410@gmail.com
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by miracle4(m): 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
y2k62:

I've used norton before. Believe me it's crap
Yeah, Norton internet security, 360 or whatever products they 've gat is just poo and crap. Go with Kaspersky internet security for maximum protection. FYI I 've gat KIS for 3 PC, just used 2 already and still having one valid license unused.
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by mikepeace(m): 7:39am On Dec 16, 2013
My windows 7 just suddenly became so slow and unusable, I have installed anti virus as the one i had has expired, i have done the quick system restore but still no changes, please can anyone help?
Thanks.
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by NobleG1(m): 6:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
Get Free Avast Antivirus 2014, it is the ultimate!

I've been using Avast! since 2001 when its free version was made available to the public. And since then Avast! has become of the best antivirus programs. The free version is far more superior than most paid antivirus programs in the market. I've been using computer since 1996 and have tested various antivirus and malware programs. So I know what I'm talking about.

Avast! has been awarded VB100 Award by Virus Bulletin multiple times for 100% detection of "in-the-wild" viruses, and also won the Secure Computing Readers' Trust Award. The central scanning engine was certified by ICSA Labs and West Coast Labs' Checkmark process as one of the best.

I have never had any virus on system since I started using it. Today's version of avast! includes Malware protection. In fact, it is feature-packed. If you decides to go Pro (Avast! Pro Antivirus 2014) then you will have the best piece of Antivirus software ever made.

The Pro version is perfectly best for businesses and large corporations because it has more extensive features of which some are tailored for companies but it also good for individuals. For me, the free version is more than enough and I'm an intensive internet user. If you're a standard user, it is your best bet.

Check it out here- Avast.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clean Nec Laptop Intel Inside Processor L.e.d Screen 4gb Ram And 320gb Hdd / Is Tablet Pc's Taking Laptops Out Of Fashion? / FREE Browsing On Pc For All Networks Via Shelter Vpn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.