Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Nigerian Women To Emulate - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Women To Emulate (14561 Views)

US Trains 85 Nigerian Women On Financial Independence / Nairaland.com Is A Role Model Why Can't you Emulate Him / Obi Wants Young Scientists, Entrepreneurs To Emulate Steve Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by thinkdip(m): 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
Thinkdip..com
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by Davo93(m): 11:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
How i wish our young ladies can follow the steps of these life changers. Enough of Artistes and Musicians' role model!!

Thanks OP for sharing, I have learnt somethings here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by 4tunebest(f): 11:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
Please let us stop tribalising this thread. This list is according to Forbes and not by any Bola, Nkechi or Zainab. It is no one's fault that the only 3 Nigerian women that made that list are Yoruba. The aggrieved tribe(s) should also work hard to make that list next year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2013/12/04/the-20-young-power-women-in-africa-2013/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by AbuMikey(m): 11:34pm On Dec 20, 2013
ebamma: my friend shut up dia, must every girl dream of becoming a 24/7 housewife like your mum?

Is it my fault that Your Mama is a _hoe and as such not worthy of emulation? undecided

Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by Dannylux: 11:36pm On Dec 20, 2013
intergral: my mama weh baff me wash my sheet beta pass all of them shikenah!,,,,,,,,,,,!!!!!!!!!!

She's not YOUNG enough to make the list.
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by gsalvatore: 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
STORY!!
********in Skylar greys voice******

Forget the magazines,
The tricks of Hollywood,
They make it look so great....

How did they make their money, start up capital.... flying ambulance, Cosmetics line and all, na coins them the take run that kind show.

i have gone to house of Tara near Banex for Abuja, that place is not beans, buying a chopper is not beans-do you know how much a chooper cost?

what am saying is these people you mention had help, i mean even if they fail they still have some kinda golden parachute, if you know what i mean. Am not saying they are not doing am AMAZING JOB.

Maybe tomorrow that [b]Ben Murray Bruce daughte or Otedollar pikin[/b]r will be included in these list of ladies to be emulated -

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by MattMelty: 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
I respect dis Ola Orekunrin of a lady, she's one of a kind! It myt look easy, wat she's done, but it ain't easy at all. More strength to her.
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by Truckpusher(m): 11:59pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Is it my fault that Your Mama is a _hoe and as such not worthy of emulation? undecided

Ha!...you have this gene too..... grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by whitecat007: 12:01am On Dec 21, 2013
The top three are Yoruba. I am so proud.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by theripper3: 12:05am On Dec 21, 2013
But Tara durotoye is from Delta state na?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by Onlinebiz2012: 12:11am On Dec 21, 2013
buy and sell perfectmoney using Voguepay, get funded automatically ! No waiting ! It is INSTANT https://www.nairaland.com/1563709/automated-buying-selling-perfectmoney-funding
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 21, 2013
olorunthobby: ifu nor emulate ya mama, na mai mama u for emulate b4? I nor no wetin dey do all these nairalanders sef...person list names wey una fit emulate una dey 4lo tok non sense....mtcheeew undecided undecided
don't mind dem dia fools.
Ur parent are ur constant role models right from childhood u emulate them.
Who nor like im mama,
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by 9jauk: 12:47am On Dec 21, 2013
Don't be carried away gidi people there is massive Racism in University of York , pls think twice before applying for this uni as a black minority no matter how much you strive hard to accomplish your dream tbis Oyinbos would pull you down.

Have got countless of case study family and friends.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 21, 2013
Not people like Maheeda.....
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by ebamma(m): 2:08am On Dec 21, 2013
Abu Mikey:

and is it my fault that your mother is a cutlass and as such is not worthy of imitation?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by Deschil: 2:16am On Dec 21, 2013
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by ajoguegbe(m): 4:45am On Dec 21, 2013
Never trust any Forbes Africa report, unlike the US the guy does no research. He once wrote one funny piece on "the richest Nigerian pastors" Any person who knows even a little about Nigeria will know that that guy though a Nigerian knows little about his country and relies on hear say. Whereas I admire these women mention but in a true list of people to emulate, some of these people will not make the top 50 list. It all depends on who is ranking sha. The dude concentrated on fashion and beauty with one doctor. What happened to intellectuals and hardline entrepreneurs? What happened to Alakija, Chimamanda, Ngozi Iwealla, Oby Ezekwesili(Due process), etc
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by DICKtator: 5:18am On Dec 21, 2013
1.Afrocandy not on your list

2. Maheeda

3.Cossy Ojiarkor

4.Tonto Dike

ADONBILIVIT

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by giles14(m): 5:53am On Dec 21, 2013
yoruba y ar u pple too full of urselfs,so no igbo or hausa and other tribal women to emulate?
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 21, 2013
smiley
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by Keneeby(m): 6:19am On Dec 21, 2013
Prof. Dora Agunyili shud b on dat list. She is one of d greatest women we've had in this country.
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by ChiSun27(m): 6:25am On Dec 21, 2013
d ambulance lady killed it: God will strengthen her more.
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by Yoney007(f): 6:44am On Dec 21, 2013
WHAT IS A POWER BANK

Yesterday, someone asked me what a POWER BANK is. Then it got me thinking that if there is one person who needs to know, there must be others as well who need to know what a POWER BANK truly is.

Simply put, a POWER BANK is a compact, portable, rechargeable battery that can supply extra power for your mobile devices/gadgets when you are not by an electrical wall outlet/when there is electricity failure/when you are outdoor. Same way your phone’s battery is rated in mAh (milli amp hours), POWER BANKS are rated in mAh. There are different power ratings, including 2800mAh, 5600mAh, 8400mAh, 20000mAh e.t.c . I am sure that there are other ratings beside these. The higher the mAh, the more power it can deliver to your mobile devices/gadget and the longer your mobile devices/gadget will last when connected to it. POWER BANKS come with a USB cable for charging both ways.

Contrary to what appears to be the common sentiment, a POWER BANK is NOT intended to replace direct power supply, it is not a transformer but they can suffice at least when there is no direct power supply, they can power your phone to full charge depending on the mAh of the POWER BANK you are using. Considering that the phone is usually in use when plugged in to the POWER BANK. Usually, this means that the plugged in mobile device experiences very little charging. If your mobile device is switched off or mostly idle when plugged in to a power bank though, you will see stronger charging action.

If you are often away from a power source for extended periods, a POWER BANK is a valuable smartphone accessory in today’s world where batteries run out in a matter of hours because of the applications your mobile devices/gadgets runs on and the lights are not steady. Also, be sure to plug your used POWER BANK to a main socket to top it at every opportunity, so that it is ready for use whenever the need may arise.

Now, you know what a POWER BANK is and how it works. If you don’t have one yet and can see that you need one, you know what to do…Go get one! Call or send a Whatsapp message to 08036965028/07013271357 or Ping 26C271CE to place your order.
Note - Courier available nation-wide.
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by Gamji007: 7:13am On Dec 21, 2013
olorunthobby: ifu nor emulate ya mama, na mai mama u for emulate b4? I nor no wetin dey do all these nairalanders sef...person list names wey una fit emulate una dey 4lo tok non sense....mtcheeew undecided undecided

Guy, na u talk sense pass. Some mumus de talk say the list only carry Yoruba names, soon dem go say APC don hijack Forbes.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by pandriod: 7:14am On Dec 21, 2013
Only Yoruba women! God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by Gamji007: 7:18am On Dec 21, 2013
ogologodimkpa: Is that all angry? So it's only s/w women that should be emulated. Nonsense and ingredients. angry why not say some Nigerian women to emulate. undecided

You want make dem put PEJ and Stella Odua for the list? Abi na Tonto Dike you wan c for the list?

U deserve serious E-slap this morning

Mtchwww!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by Hardheolar(m): 7:18am On Dec 21, 2013
Dannylux:

She's not YOUNG enough to make the list.
gbam
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by nenergy(m): 7:30am On Dec 21, 2013
NosoChic: My sweet mother........she raised 7 bold children even after she mysteriously lost her husband , with her little teaching salary.

Amazing! She tried, oya buy her a Bold 7.lol
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by solowork: 7:36am On Dec 21, 2013
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by chucky234(m): 7:43am On Dec 21, 2013
Ola is a rare gem,an inspiration and an angel to behold.
Imagine rejecting a high paying NHS job and the opportunity to become the President of British Medical Association to return to Nigeria in her quest to help improve the health system in the country, yet some toilet washing NID nlanders will come out here to talk down my beloved Naija,one featherless gander was even threatening to tear his naija passport into pieces in place of one toilet tissue called Australian passport.
This is a big lesson to our brothers and sisters in the diaspora who have had the opportunity to acquire western education and arm with the supreme knowledge of the whitemen to come back home and make this country the great nation God positioned it to be,Naija is our collective responsibility.
Re: Nigerian Women To Emulate by AbuMikey(m): 7:46am On Dec 21, 2013
Truckpusher: Ha!...you have this gene too..... grin grin

LOL, everyone does!! grintongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$793.2 Million TSA Funds: Skye Bank Confirms Holding $41 Million / WARNING: Do Not Send Money To Nigeria Until You Read This / CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.