Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Scared Of Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Scared Of Marriage? (514 Views)

Scared Of Making Love With Her, Help! / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? / Why Are Ladies Always Scared Of Cute Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scared Of Marriage? by JVLI(f): 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
I brought this up, b'cos i realized that some people are scared of marriage, due to the rate at which divorce is escalating. Two love birds are so thrilled with their lives that they decided to knot the ties. But after 2 years in marriage they are at logger heads with each other, calling each other all manners of names, till the point of breaking up. The question is what went wrong? Where is their first love? That's why i got burdened to share this. Secondly, someone commented on one of my posts that i make marriage look scary. But the truth is, am not. Its the reality on ground. Many people prepare for their wedding day without adequate preparation for the marriage. And the wedding ceremony is never the same thing as the marriage. Don't mix the two together.Its not the age that shows the maturity of getting married, but the full understanding of the concept of marriage in itself. Learning from home is not enough. Some people do not come from a happy home. They saw hell in their parents marriage and wonder, is this all to marriage? Some marry b'cos of the ring. Some marry b'cos age is not on their side and at the end of the day, when conflicts come in the home, they will be looking for a way to come out. The truth is MARRIAGE IS A COVENANT THAT BINDS YOU TILL DEATH. Any extra marital affairs end you up in shame. Whether you marry an angel or not, you'll still face your marital storms. Marital storms come as a result of challenges in the home, misunderstandings between couples and individual differences. How we resolve them is what determines the strength of that marriage. There's bound to be clashes b'cos you came from different backgrounds and different beliefs, Different ways of seeing things and doing things. If there are no adjustments on both parties, there will be problem. This is where quarrelling comes in and if it occurs too often, it can result into a divorce. That was why i wrote in my post, Before You Get Married, Think Twice. Do i want to break relationships? NO! but i realize the vital importance of getting adequate knowledge in building a strong family and avoiding the pitfall that causes divorce. Going into adultery will never heal broken heart, it rather worsens it. You can go from frying pan to fire. You must study what makes marriage work and what breaks it. Understanding the gender of your spouse, makes it easier to operate in your home. When we shut our eyes to our genders, we are driving a sinking ship. You must understand the gender of who your spouse is. You must understand his or her individuality. You must understand that individuals form the home and binds the home. You must respect that individualism. That way, you won't compare your spouse to another. That way, you can know the strength and weakness of your spouse and blend. There must be a cleaving. There is too much separation. There must be a cleaving. It is only then can the two b'come one. You must blend your individual differences. One of you will be stronger than the other in an area, complement one another, don't tear one another up. If there's a quarrel, try to resolve. One partner must be ready to succumb. If the two of you, refuse to bend, the situation will worsen. Pride has nothing to do with this. Many homes have been destroyed on that platform of pride. There's nothing wrong apologising for a wrong committed. Many homes have gone b'cos of the lack of the five letter words, SORRY! Learn to apologise when you do wrong. You know, some people's egos have cost them their homes. Why? B'cos, they refuse to bend. Both parties must bend to keep the home. Its not the duty of a woman to change, it applies to the man as well. COURTSHIP MUST CONTINUE IN MARRIAGE. Marriage is the extension of courtship. It removes boundaries from your relationship. You can accomplish a lot together, bringing great ideas into completion. You can b'com a formidable and unstoppable team. But, learn to blend. Be patient with one another. Appreciate each other. Call each other by sweet names that provoke each other's love more. I don't mean bingo! Lol. I realized that those who call themselves by their children's names, don't have much regard for themselves. Its time to have a better home than our parents. You don't have to repeat history in your family, you can change history. That way, you live an unprecentended legacy for your children to follow.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies / I Love You! / Relationship; How Its Created, How It Work.e.t.c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.