Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started (14740 Views)

Your First Nairaland Topic That Made Front Page / What Was Your First Nairaland Post? Remember? / First Nairaland Joke In Tongues! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
vanguard1:
Its a honest fact but due to time constraint, I decided to run everything simultaneously. We need to have winners before the 25th of this month.
Great you have the passion. But passion should not replace the place of protocols. This thread might not gain legitimacy, i mean the tag, 'official' if you do not put the admin in the know. And that could mean it is ultimately destined for the bin.
Make haste slowly.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Prymestrr(m): 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
@idnoble135... U're on point boss. All d same... @vanguard1...how far 4 my request ni! Make i dey get hope undecided

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by spicyv1(f): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
Good job OP.

Like someone already observed, your definition of 'most controversial' doesn't capture/portray/depict the category of award. Kindly address that.

What criteria would be employed in selecting your judges and who does the selection?

You say you are the host, are you also the organiser and creative director?

What is the guarantee that nominees are selected on a basis that is objective and thorough? Especially since NL has various sections and many wonderful contributors only focus on certain sections? The chances of having nominees who are only know in particular sections is quite high, how do you avoid this?

Lots of questions I know, but they will help in organizing a fair award wink
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
idnoble135:
Great you have the passion. But passion should not replace the place of protocols. This thread might not gain legitimacy, i mean the tag, 'official' if you do not put the admin in the know. And that could mean it is ultimately destined for the bin.
Make haste slowly.
I have already sent seun a private message. His approval is what is still stalling the drums from been rolled out.

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
spicy v: Good job OP.

Like someone already observed, your definition of 'most controversial' doesn't capture/portray/depict the category of award. Kindly address that.

What criteria would be employed in selecting your judges and who does the selection?

You say you are the host, are you also the organiser and creative director?

What is the guarantee that nominees are selected on a basis that is objective and thorough? Especially since NL has various sections and many wonderful contributors only focus on certain sections? The chances of having nominees who are only know in particular sections is quite high, how do you avoid this?

Lots of questions I know, but they will help in organizing a fair award wink
Yes, am the creative director, the organizer have chosen to remain anonymous.
That's why the nomination is open to every member while the judges will collate and present the final nominees.
I will send you a private message, please do reply as soon as possible.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Superstar007(m): 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
Wow*following*
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by mysticgal(f): 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
can someone explain this thread,i don't understand
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Alikaxon(m): 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
ok
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by spicyv1(f): 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
vanguard1:
Yes, am the creative director, the organizer have chosen to remain anonymous.
That's why the nomination is open to every member while the judges will collate and present the final nominees.
I will send you a private message, please do reply as soon as possible.

Okidoki wink

You stated earlier while responding to someones post that nominations are the exclusive rights of the judges and now you state a variance, I hope the people get to nominate and judges select based on the peoples choices though.

I usually have challenges accessing private messages sent via NL. Don't know why undecided although, I observed I can only view messages from members who follow me and I follow back.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by IAMBREEZY: 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
Space reserved!
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 2:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
spicy v:

Okidoki wink

I hope the people get to nominate and judges select based on the peoples choices though..
Yea, the people get to nominate while the judges does the final selection based on the peoples choices and at their own(judges) discretion.

I will follow you, endeavour to follow back ASAP
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
mysticgal: can someone explain this thread,i don't understand
The thread is self explanatory, please do not derail.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by DesChyko1(m): 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
Caracta:

My run-away friend cheesy

Hehehe.. Yhu've been missed like 'kilode'.. cheesy
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by spicyv1(f): 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
vanguard1:
Yea, the people get to nominate while the judges does the final selection based on the peoples choices and at their own(judges) discretion.

I will follow you, endeavour to follow back ASAP

Great smiley

This will be so much fun.. Wish you had more categories too cheesy

I use the laugh smiley cos I seem to have 'plenty' suggestions. Hope you don't mind. smiley
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by mysticgal(f): 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
vanguard1:
The thread is self explanatory, please do not derail.

sweerie i did not derail,just asked a question smiley
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by AbuMikey(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2013

[size=30pt]ABU MIKEY angry[/size]

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
vanguard1:
The judges would be unveiled soon and will be people who are active on nairaland.
The nomination process will commence tomorrow after the judges have been unveiled. The members slot remains one and if you wish to fill it, Identify and we will look into your profile and know if we can consider you. How active you are on nairaland determines if you will be selected as a judge.
Yea, I don't mind filling the remaining place. Am always active here on Nairaland. My 1000† posts since last year can testify grin
Hope this is gonna be interesting
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by AbuMikey(m): 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
KingMEXX: Yea, I don't mind filling the remaining place. Am always active here on Nairaland. My 1000† posts since last year can testify grin

Errmm, what about Abu Mikey who has 7900+ posts on NL gringrin

Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Errmm, what about Abu Mikey who has 7900+ posts on NL gringrin

shocked shocked

Don't worry, its done on first come first serve basis... Guess, I beat yu to it first tongue tongue
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by donphilopus: 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
KingMEXX: Yea, I don't mind filling the remaining place. Am always active here on Nairaland. My 1000† posts since last year can testify grin
We registered on the same day! grin
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by donphilopus: 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
[size=30pt]JUDGE[/size]>>> [size=30pt]DONPHILOPUS[/size]
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
donphilopus: [size=16ptJJUDGE[/size] >>> [size=30pt]DONPHILOPUS[/size]
I already sent you a private message...please do the needful and reply.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
donphilopus: We registered on the same day! grin
Cheat!! angry angry grin grin
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by vanguard1(m): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
I already sent you a private message, please do the needful and reply.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by donphilopus: 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
KingMEXX: Cheat!! angry angry grin grin

We call that Nairaland Registration-mate! Pls no thread derailment. grin
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
vanguard1:
yea, tried checking it but Hotmail is having server overload.
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
donphilopus:

We call that Nairaland Registration-mate! Pls no thread derailment. grin
lol no p
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by donphilopus: 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
vanguard1:
I already sent you a private message...please do the needful and reply.
I saw no message!
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by donphilopus: 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
KingMEXX: lol no p
Thanks! grin
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by optimisthorla(f): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
Please I need authentic information on the cost of owning an hour programme on radio.please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
vanguard1:
Haven't seen anything yet
Re: First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started by Alikaxon(m): 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
I'm just interested in grabbing one of those awards, whoever the judges turns out to be, let them consider "ALIKAXON". In the op's voice; "he is eligible"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hw Do U Call Dis(pixs) / What's Your New Year Resolution 2021? / Foods I Should Give My Small Tortoise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.