Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data (185614 Views)

Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data / Turn Off Whatsapp Without Turning-off Data On Your Symbian And Java Phones / My 6600 Keeps Turning Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by oluwafranky: 7:12am On Dec 16, 2013
I have gone through many tutorials on this n the best I always come across is off your data... I have a simple method of stopping my whatapp without offing data... So I can still flex operamini
Wow we made front page... Thanks mod.... Guys my idea is Jst one, scroll through n c useful post from other people... It's not Jst not having mb but sometimes u Jst don't want disturbance

2 Likes

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by nwaobitex: 7:36am On Dec 16, 2013
hw na?

2 Likes

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by nwaobitex: 7:36am On Dec 16, 2013
how na?

2 Likes

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2013
Go to your settings, click on application manager, click on the whatsapp icon, select clear data, confirm clear data and its done.

p.s
you will have to start up whatsapp again if you want to send or receive msgs. .

1 Like

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by oluwafranky: 8:22am On Dec 16, 2013
Please follow this steps... I v explained in details

1= download DX TOOL BOX, which I believe most ppl already have but pls get d update versions

2= open d DX TOOL BOX, click on the icon at the top right of its home page

3= click on system settings

4= click on master float window and set it to ON

5= you have successfully configured the DX app now exit to ur normal phone home page

Now u will always see a floating icon on ur screen

6= when ever you want to stop ur whatapp, click on that floating icon... It will bring out all the running application so click the whatapp icon

7= click on force stop.... That's it

You won't receive any messages on whatapp, all sent messages will be on pending till u open ur whatapp to receive all.....

Note.. It's Jst like going offline, when ever you don't want disturb from whatapp or not enough mb, u go offline by repeating steps 6 and 7

I hope this helps.. Thanks for your time.... Am here for assistance on this issue

2 Likes

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by hadedayor10(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2013
oluwafranky: Please follow this steps... I v explained in details

1= download DX TOOL BOX, which I believe most ppl already have but pls get d update versions

2= open d DX TOOL BOX, click on the icon at the top right of its home page

3= click on system settings

4= click on master float window and set it to ON

5= you have successfully configured the DX app now exit to ur normal phone home page

Now u will always see a floating icon on ur screen

6= when ever you want to stop ur whatapp, click on that floating icon... It will bring out all the running application so click the whatapp icon

7= click on force stop.... That's it

You won't receive any messages on whatapp, all sent messages will be on pending till u open ur whatapp to receive all.....

Note.. It's Jst like going offline, when ever you don't want disturb from whatapp or not enough mb, u go offline by repeating steps 6 and 7

I hope this helps.. Thanks for your time.... Am here for assistance on this issue
can DX tool box work on phone without rooting
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by oluwafranky: 8:28am On Dec 16, 2013
Yoruba_Jesus: Go to your settings, click on application manager, click on the whatsapp icon, select clear data, confirm clear data and its done.

p.s

Clearing ur data, automatically removes ur whatapp account so you have to always register again from beginning if u do that... That's not a good idea... How many times wud u register and Register again.... Follow my method it's straight, Jst like login in and out when you are don chatting on whatapp

1 Like

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by oluwafranky: 8:28am On Dec 16, 2013
hadedayor10:
can DX tool box work on phone without rooting
YES
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by nellaluv(f): 8:49am On Dec 16, 2013
Long thing. Use greenify to hibernate it, or use droid wall.

1 Like

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by oluwafranky: 9:06am On Dec 16, 2013
nellaluv: Long thing. Use greenify to hibernate it, or use droid wall.

It's not really long if u have the DX app u wud agree with me, DX app is not Jst only for this... It has so many functions.... U get alerts as new versions of ur installed applications becomes available n u can update right der without going to Google play,

U can also set up ur data usage.. Daily or monthly,

U can set it to block unwanted text and phone calls... Example annoying texts from mtn..

U can always get all ur Uninstalled applications wit ease

Clearing of phone cache, large n unwanted files to save space

Acceleration... Help ur phone not to ever hang n increase the speed...

So many things I can't say now n mind you it works on both rooted and non rooted phones

2 Likes

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by oluwafranky: 9:08am On Dec 16, 2013
Droid wall only hibernates n can't work for non rooted phones..
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 16, 2013
force stop your whatsapp from running apps..

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by nwaobitex: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2013
Thanks
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by oluwafranky: 11:22am On Dec 16, 2013
Yes boss
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by dgitrader(m): 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2013
Yoruba_Jesus: Go to your settings, click on application manager, click on the whatsapp icon, select clear data, confirm clear data and its done.

p.s

^^^Quickly take this catastrophic idea down! ^^

Op is talking about pausing the whatsapp, NOT COMPLETELY WIPPING OFF ITs CHATS,CONTACTS, HISTORY AND ACCOUNT!
Dont mislead innocent people to mess up their whatsapp.

5 Likes

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by oluwafranky: 12:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
dgitrader:

Op is talking about pausing the whatsapp, NOT COMPLETELY WIPPING OFF ITs CHATS,CONTACTS, HISTORY AND ACCOUNT!

Thanks brother was trying to tell him that
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2013
dgitrader:

I do it all the time, I ain't misleading anyone. And FYI, its doesn't delete the account or application or even the chat. If you don't understand instructions or how stuff works then don't say anything. Stop behaving like an olodo
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
Yoruba_Jesus:

I do it all the time, I ain't misleading anyone. And FYI, its doesn't delete the account or application or even the chat. If you don't understand instructions or how stuff works then don't say anything. Stop behaving like an olodo

funny thing... YOU ARE THE OLODO.. undecided

4 Likes

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
deejay_harry1:

funny thing... YOU ARE THE OLODO.. undecided

smh
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by greatestluv4all: 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
Nna na wa ooo
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by akwunmi(m): 3:50pm On Dec 16, 2013
nellaluv: Long thing. Use greenify to hibernate it, or use droid wall.
greenify is best to do dis job bu e go only wok on rooted fone..
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by oluwafranky: 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
akwunmi: greenify is best to do dis job bu e go only wok on rooted fone..

Both greenify and droid wall works well but only on rooted android phones so that's the disadvantage n y i prefer DX TOOL BOX
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Theben(m): 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
Long thing. Delete the Whatsapp Application and reinstall it when you need it.

1 Like

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
Theben: Long thing. Delete the Whatsapp Application and reinstall it when you need it.

lmao grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
Na wa o... see these android users sha... d Op didnt specify d kindda phone he is using... wat if he meant on Java? and ya'll saying download droid this and rooted that.... blah, blah, blah

4 Likes

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by magictouch: 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
that will be fine then
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
Yoruba_Jesus: p.s
mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by yomalex(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
who knows?
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by romzyxy(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
D̶̲̥̅̊ best is 2 try n c
Re: How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data by akinzyakin(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
ASUU calls off strike tym to delete ma Whats app off ma fone and face ma books grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / Airtel 20x Bonus, Recharge N100, Get N2000 + Free Data Bonus And Even More / How To Install Whatsapp On A Nokia S40 Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.