Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) (9652 Views)

5 Major Reasons Why You Need To Read Non-Fictional Books / I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
At exactly 7am, I woke up, had a bathe and prepared for work. it was really my first time waking up early and bothered about work. my mum walked in to my room with a big surprise " son,I have a surprise for you" she said with a broad smile ."surprise! what is it mum? I asked zealously. you can imagine how happy I was when my mum gave me a check of #100.000. I felt on top of the world. I danced, chanting the precious name of my mum. " this is real" I said dramatically. it was a joyous moment for me. "a day of light" as my late grandpa always say.

I didn't wait so long before I called my friends on air. they were happy,so happy to hear the news that could change our lives. hmmm! my late grandpa ones said, "dreamers look into the future and see promise. those who do not dream only see the future". I had my breakfast and zoomed to the chamber.
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
@ shorx......nah bro...its not about kcee
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Elbizzcklinz(m): 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
pls stop posting short stories every time.... make your story lengthy.....
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by adegwurulez(m): 9:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
stefikal:

thanks na typing with touch screen be problem now
grin you'll get used to it
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by adegwurulez(m): 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
trixandra: Use prediction. thats what I usually use. it saves time and auto corrects
prediction is a very good tool but when u naturally have a problem with spelling, i think the dictionary would be the best option. Using prediction is like giving a nusery school kid calculator, it ends up spoiling you. If you just want to crosscheck a particular spelling, you can use prediction but if you naturally have spelling problem then the dictionary would be a better option.
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by trixandra(f): 9:45pm On Dec 26, 2013
adegwurulez: prediction is a very good tool but when u naturally have a problem with spelling, i think the dictionary would be the best option. Using prediction is like giving a nusery school kid calculator, it ends up spoiling you. If you just want to crosscheck a particular spelling, you can use prediction but if you naturally have spelling problem then the dictionary would be a better option.
Yes you are right. What I am trying to tell the op is that prediction is good in aiding fast typing and long posts for those that have problem typing with touch screen.
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by adegwurulez(m): 10:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
trixandra: Yes you are right. What I am trying to tell the op is that prediction is good in aiding fast typing and long posts for those that have problem typing with touch screen.
aiit
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by DaizyJims(m): 3:12am On Dec 27, 2013
Following!# grabs a seat!
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by philtrum(m): 7:32am On Dec 27, 2013
Hmmmm,juicy!!
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Amoxdave: 9:35am On Dec 27, 2013
interesting... * eating ice cream *
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Tolu95(m): 10:04am On Dec 27, 2013
Move on pls
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by chinedumo(m): 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
stefikal:

I understand...but would u believe if I tell u I've neva used a laptop to type any of my updates both on NL and on my blog.

I do evrytin via my small nokia 200... Just try 2 improve.

All d best

no offense but u sure sound like isilove
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by chinedumo(m): 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
How can a mom give a a son 100000?
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
" ideas are a dime a dozen, they are worthless, but people who put their ideas into action are priceless". I had already planned to approach the secretary immediately I get to the chamber. as I was moving towards her with a brief smile, I captured her farther smiling, little did I know that the smile is for someone else.

"Good morning to you" I greeted with a calm tone. " morning little boy" she replied.......... I paused for some seconds, looking straight into her eyes,feeling like punching that are insolent mouth. " this girl don tear my pant oooo, little boy!....chai". I mounded within. are you okay?" she asked. I pretended as if I was okay. Not too long that I saw an old,short,fatty, and horrified looking man beside me. " hy babe, I waited for you at the guest house but you didn't show up" the man said. " shit....this was the man I saw a while ago....oooh... silly me, it wasn't me she smiled at". I clinched my stay with disappointment.

" without ambition no conquest are made,and no business created. Ambition is the root of all achievement". At exactly 5.30pm, I visited my friends for our usual rehearsal. " hey guys" I hailed with joy of heart. we were happy to mingle,we were happy because the road is getting even. "we need to prepare earlier because the competition is fast approaching" Paul says. "hmmm! the journey of a thousand miles begins with a step". we listed all our needs and planned for a rainy day.
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dear my noble readers,

I'm so sorry for my slow updates, just kinda busy. let me use this opportunity to express my gratitude for following my
story and the corrections,I humbly appreciate.

I will strive to correct the ills and faults of my work in the future post. seat still and tight your belts, because the story hasn't ended. thanks
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by D9ty7(m): 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
Still i follow
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Gen2jaynee: 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
niceeeeeeee, please dnt dull.... update tinx
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Delightbaby(f): 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2013
Op nice one, keep it up. We are waiting
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
Op ...i'm enjoying this
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by stefikal(f): 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
Noble gr8 work...I love d input of wise quotes...keep 'em coming

chinedumo: no offense but you sure sound like isilove

none taken...but dis is Stefikal just being honest...he bad? I'm sorry 4 derailing tho!
*switches back to reading mode*
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Pascalbaba(m): 9:49am On Dec 28, 2013
Now I'm getting vexed with this suspense...nice story OP.
Please keep up the good work!
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Opera240: 10:32am On Dec 28, 2013
@Op...are u stil sleeping? O ya wake up jor! Abi make i pour water for ur head ni? Update abeg o..... So so interesting!!!!!!
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
" oooh my God, I'm finished, its 9pm already" I said anxiously. I picked up my bag and left without saying bye to my friends.

crowd at the bus stop, and no battery to reach my parent. I knew they would have tried to reach me. I had never stay for so long at a bus stop......" I'm in trouble,I'm gonna be roasted..... shit.." as I was thinking of what to tell my parent when I get home, a yellow-black cab packed in front of me ......." oga sir.....you dey go?" I didn't hesitate to reply him " yah, could you please take me to lekki?" I entered the cab and we drove off.

" if you continue to work hard,success will follow you." this time around, my father was a bit much. I was shocked and scared when I saw him outside. " what a night! "..........."what will I tell my father"....I pulled myself together and walked towards him. " I'm sorry for coming home late dad, I didn't get a cab early". my dad uttered no word, I knew I was in trouble. I went straight to the sitting room pleading with my mum to back me up. " son, you know your father...........just go to your room" my mum said anxiously.

1 Like

Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by stefikal(f): 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
#Still here

happy sday
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
" when facing a difficult task, act as if you cannot fail." my mum was emotionally weak, she knew that my father will be very hard to control. " A lion" as I referred him to. not too long that I heard my father vociferating. " where is that stupid boy, where is he?" " honey, please calm down, he has gone to bed"......" ooooooh gone to bed!..haaahaaa...you better go up there and wake him up, else I will go by myself." I was depressed, I never will to invite conflict to my home.

" we must all suffer one of two things: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment. I couldn't bear the pain any longer, I couldn't bear hearing the voice of my mum sobbing. " I have to face my demons" I said within. As I rushed down to the sitting room, my little sister was already present trying all she can to stop the argument. " Dad I'm here , please forgive me, I promise to never come home late again. and please sir leave my mum out of this,she is innocent." I pleaded.
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
@ stefikal.....same here

1 Like

Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by sowprice(m): 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
nice update
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Gen2jaynee: 8:45am On Dec 30, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmm, i dnt wnt to loose interest, bt please try n update smting fast
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
" I communicate with my friend, and he

told me you left the chamber at the exact

time.

where did you go to son?" my dad exclaimed.
I was scared to respond because he had told

me to stop attending rehersals........" I'm sorry

dad, but I can't resist rehersals." I spoke out

with tear drops rolling down to my cheek. "

oooh my God, instead of you to study for your
upcoming exam, you attended that crazy

rehersals of yours"............. " please calm down, I
wouldn't want us to wake our neighbours"

my mum pleaded. " I don't care, you better

talk to your son, talk to him, this shouldn't

repeat itself". my dad clamored. my father

was a nature of the beast, he didn't even

apologise to my mum. he left us in a dead air
and zoomed to his room.

" The path to success is to take massive

determined action." I went to the chamber the

following morning with aching heart. my

heart stands still, that was so obvious for

people to notice my condition. I was sitted

alone on a stool beside the main door when

the Secretary approached me. I was scared

and intense because she Is part of my worry.

"To achieve, you must believe something and

want something with all your might. Then

you must be willing to commit yourself to a

course". I trust her, I know I could count on

her. " you look so dull this morning, what's

the problem?" she asked as she placed her

left hand on my lap, and use her soft right

hand to caress my cheek that truly warm my
heart". nothing, its just the whether" I

pretended
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Gen2jaynee: 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
more update please... more greese to ur fingers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A List Of Freelancers To Avoid - Writers And Outsourcers / My First Job After Youth Service / Can Free Education Be More Advantangeous To Pay Education? Support Or Oppose..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.