Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. (1874 Views)

MILC- Mowe Ibafo Lagos Corridor Discussion Thread. / Somali Girls Are Most Beautyful In Africa (second Part Discussion) / General Discussion Library! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
Donphilopus, kingmexx. Am very sorry for disappointing you people today. My laptop crashed earlier this morning and I just managed fix it this evening.
We will be continuing immediately from where we stopped and I think we should have division of labour.
While I will open a thread for the 1st and 2nd categories, donphilopus will open for the 3rd and 4th categories while kingmexx will be opening for 5th,6th and 7th.
Kingmexx, thank you for drawing the attention of fynestboi to the thread and also trying to contact seun....I believe seun is somewhere watching us and waiting to see how things will roll out before he comments so we may countinue without him.
Please do well to post the links to the nomination/voting thread here and on the mother thread. Once again am sorry for disappointing you both this morning.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
If its possible and comfortable with you both, let us get every thread for the nomination ready by 10.00. Thanks once more
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
vanguard1: Donphilopus, kingmexx. Am very sorry for disappointing you people today. My laptop crashed earlier this morning and I just managed fix it this evening.
We will be continuing immediately from where we stopped and I think we should have division of labour.
While I will open a thread for the 1st and 2nd categories, donphilopus will open for the 3rd and 4th categories while kingmexx will be opening for 5th,6th and 7th.
Kingmexx, thank you for drawing the attention of fynestboi to the thread and also trying to contact seun....I believe seun is somewhere watching us and waiting to see how things will roll out before he comments so we may countinue without him.
Please do well to post the links to the nomination/voting thread here and on the mother thread. Once again am sorry for disappointing you both this morning.
no p bro. am onto it
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
Best Male and Female Monickers

https://www.nairaland.com/1559495/nmat....nomination-thread-best-male-monicker

https://www.nairaland.com/1559519/nmat...nomination-thread-best-female-monicker

Vanguard, I think you should include the links on the first page of the mother thread
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
The most detribalised nairalander nomination/voting thread!

https://www.nairaland.com/1559526/nmat-award-most-detribalised-nairalander#20292037
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 9:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
KingMEXX: Best Male and Female Monickers

https://www.nairaland.com/1559495/nmat....nomination-thread-best-male-monicker

https://www.nairaland.com/1559519/nmat...nomination-thread-best-female-monicker

Vanguard, I think you should include the links on the first page of the mother thread
I will do exactly that now.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 8:29am On Dec 18, 2013
Good morning, wish to thank you for the massive success we withnessed tonight, we should all do well also to monitor the nomination threads and give necessary directives.
Please, sexkillz and ogugua88 can still be nominated and voted for in the moderator section.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 18, 2013
vanguard1: Good morning, wish to thank you for the massive success we withnessed tonight, we should all do well also to monitor the nomination threads and give necessary directives.
Please, sexkillz and ogugua88 can still be nominated and voted for in the moderator section.
OK. good morning to yu too
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hello, kingmexx,donphilopus. Anybody around?
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
vanguard1: Hello, kingmexx,donphilopus. Anybody around?
We're gallant!
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
donphilopus: We're gallant!
Welcome, I think we have to compromise on our processes, let us use the nomination already going on as the actual voting, this is to enable us to get enough votes and also make judicious use of the nominations.
However, the winner will now have to be gotten through 50% vote and 50% judges Discretion. Nominees who got nominated up to ten times in each category will be brought together and you the judges will now rate them each on a scale of 10 and whoever gets the highest rate in each category wins. The rating will be done here. Also the award night will be shifted to saturday the 21st december 2013.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 8:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
vanguard1:
Welcome, I think we have to compromise on our processes, let us use the nomination already going on as the actual voting, this is to enable us to get enough votes and also make judicious use of the nominations.
However, the winner will now have to be gotten through 50% vote and 50% judges Discretion. Nominees who got nominated up to ten times in each category will be brought together and you the judges will now rate them each on a scale of 10 and whoever gets the highest rate in each category wins. The rating will be done here. Also the award night will be shifted to saturday the 21st december 2013.
Ok! That means, we would be rounding off on the 21st.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
vanguard1:
50% judges discretion.. doesn't it void the award show's credibility?? in my opinion o, I think it would be wiser if we end the nomination tomorrow, and start off the voting on same nomination thread after shortlisting the highest 3 and allow nairalanders to decide. instead of voting to end on 24, we can shorten d duration to maintain the interest of people. It doesn't matter the number of votes, as far as there is a winner....I dont understand the rating part.. my opinion though.. the show is going smoothly so far sha
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
donphilopus: Ok! That means, we would be rounding off on the 21st.
Please, try to read what kingmexx suggestion above and if you agree with it, we will carry on with it.......but everything still has to end by 21st....this is because I dont want the award to outlive the publicity we currently have.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
KingMEXX: 50% judges discretion.. doesn't it void the award show's credibility?? in my opinion o, I think it would be wiser if we end the nomination tomorrow, and start off the voting on same nomination thread after shortlisting the highest 3 and allow nairalanders to decide. instead of voting to end on 24, we can shorten d duration to maintain the interest of people. It doesn't matter the number of votes, as far as there is a winner....I dont understand the rating part.. my opinion though.. the show is going smoothly so far sha
Okay, Thank you....if donphilopu votes for your opinion too, we will do as you said.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
vanguard1:
Please, try to read what kingmexx suggestion above and if you agree with it, we will carry on with it.......but everything still has to end by 21st....this is because I dont want the award to outlive the publicity we currently have.
I've read it, and I believe that should be the best option! By tomorrow, the persons who are nominated most would be selected, and after that, voting would start on that same thread.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
Thanks for considering my opinion guys cheesy...
So what hour do we round off the nomination process??
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 12:49am On Dec 19, 2013
KingMEXX: Thanks for considering my opinion guys cheesy...
So what hour do we round off the nomination process??
Maybe like 4:00pm.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 6:02am On Dec 19, 2013
donphilopus: Maybe like 4:00pm.
4.00pm is kinda odd, maybe we should start off by 10am if its okay with you people.
The modality is that after you the judges have nominated 3 each in each category, we will modify the front page post to show the names of those nominated for voting and also change the subject of the nomination threads to voting threads. This is to ensure we still have people's interest. Remember that you as the judges can still nominate yourselves and also make judicious use of your veto votes.
Each vote from any monicker carries 1pt and anybody can vote as much as possible.
However, if you detect that someone voted with multiple accounts, his/her votes will be cancelled during the collation process.
The veto votes you have has a lifeline of 3 for each category and carries 3 point.
After the collation, if you have any reason as a judge why the winner shouldn't be awarded and its cogent, we may deny the winner of the award and instead give it to the 1st runner up.
As a judge, you can only nominate yourself in only one and can use the veto vote once for yourself. However, the veto vote looses its lifeline of 3 once you use it on yourself.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 7:41am On Dec 19, 2013
vanguard1:
4.00pm is kinda odd, maybe we should start off by 10am if its okay with you people.
The modality is that after you the judges have nominated 3 each in each category, we will modify the front page post to show the names of those nominated for voting and also change the subject of the nomination threads to voting threads. This is to ensure we still have people's interest. Remember that you as the judges can still nominate yourselves and also make judicious use of your veto votes.
Each vote from any monicker carries 1pt and anybody can vote as much as possible.
However, if you detect that someone voted with multiple accounts, his/her votes will be cancelled during the collation process.
The veto votes you have has a lifeline of 3 for each category and carries 3 point.
After the collation, if you have any reason as a judge why the winner shouldn't be awarded and its cogent, we may deny the winner of the award and instead give it to the 1st runner up.
As a judge, you can only nominate yourself in only one and can use the veto vote once for yourself. However, the veto vote looses its lifeline of 3 once you use it on yourself.
Thanks and God bless.

Ok! If Kingmexx agrees with that, then we can go on.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 8:00am On Dec 19, 2013
donphilopus: Ok! If Kingmexx agrees with that, then we can go on.
Yea.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 19, 2013
donphilopus: Ok! If Kingmexx agrees with that, then we can go on.
OK, I don't mind the time.
10am sharp it is
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 8:46am On Dec 19, 2013
KingMEXX: OK, I don't mind the time.
10am sharp it is
Ok! I suggest we should write the time, the nomination would end on the thread-subject! We can write something like this on it "NMAT Award: The Most Active Moniker - Nomination Ends By 10:00am"

How about that??
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 19, 2013
donphilopus: Ok! I suggest we should write the time, the nomination would end on the thread-subject! We can write something like this on it "NMAT Award: The Most Active Moniker - Nomination Ends By 10:00am"

How about that??
Oops I saw this late...and its almost 10. Let's just use this time to start compiling the finalists
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 10:47am On Dec 19, 2013
Kingmexx/Vanguard1, pls in each nomination/voting thread, I want us to write the names of the finalists on the Front Page! We can wodify what was written there before, and write the names of the finalists. And you can still change the topic of the mother thread that voting has started.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 19, 2013
donphilopus: Kingmexx/Vanguard1, pls in each nomination/voting thread, I want us to write the names of the finalists on the Front Page! We can wodify what was written there before, and write the names of the finalists. And you can still change the topic of the mother thread that voting has started.
OK. will do just that
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 11:21am On Dec 19, 2013
KingMEXX: OK. will do just that
Yea, I've done mine.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 11:39am On Dec 19, 2013
KingMEXX: OK. will do just that
Okay, will do that immediately. Please have you people nominate for the threads I opened.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hello, Good evening, Thanks for the successes we recorded today. I believe tomorrow will be better.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2013
How do we get the winners?? Do we count the number of votes we got/get, after declaring the voting process opened??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AMAZING!!! Is This Your Age?? / Free Practice Software For Jamb 2015 Cbt / Photos:the Worst Road In Enugu State(rehab. Road)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.