Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (486692 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
Rawzy: i need the link to university of west virginia and Asheshi university

asheshi
ashesi.edu.gh/admissions.html

west virginia coming sn
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by drhammed: 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2013
chris viral: by 9pm today, i will give you the links to all the universities i posted and pls try tn be online by that time, to ask me questions where u confuse or just drop them, i wil answer them soon.
weldon chris
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 8:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
Arizona state university:
https://international.asu.edu/MCFScholarsProgram

Duke university:
mcfscholars.duke.edu/?page_id=105

University of california, bekelley:
admissions.berkeley.edu/mastercardfoundation

MCGILL university:
www.mcgill.ca/mastercardfdn-scholars/

African leaders academy:
www.africanleadershipacademy.org/finding-future-leaders/applying-ala/steps

Makerere university:
www.mak.ac.ug/
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
drhammed: weldon chris
Thanks bro.

Earth university:
www.earth.ac.cr/support-earth/mastercardfdn/estudiante-diana-rocio-tum-castro/?lang=en&landing=yes

These are the ones I could get, phew as time progress, I will drop the remaining ones, meanwhile seems no one has applied for this scholarship before abi una no wan talk.... Hmmm

Question now, abeg before I start snoring.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by bizmania(m): 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
Tnks Chris for all d info. Pls I want to ask if it's possible to send applications to more than one school?

Also, hence you have applied, kindly list the materials that were requested......including d essays, etc... ( I don't mean that you gv us what you wrote ooo) just hints on what to submitt! This will help us prepare ahead.tnks
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Olugbenger(m): 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
chris viral: Arizona state university:

Duke university:

MCGILL university:

African leaders academy:

Makerere university:
www.mak.ac.ug/

Thanks. Good job bro.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by profem1(m): 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
chris viral: Arizona state university:

Duke university:

MCGILL university:

African leaders academy:

Makerere university:
www.mak.ac.ug/
pls i nid some info on arizona state university as in
do we hv to write toefl or sat,application fee and so on
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
bizmania: Tnks Chris for all d info. Pls I want to ask if it's possible to send applications to more than one school?

Also, hence you have applied, kindly list the materials that were requested......including d essays, etc... ( I don't mean that you gv us what you wrote ooo) just hints on what to submitt! This will help us prepare ahead.tnks

Its very much possible to send application to all the universities if you want...

Materials requested are:
Waec certificate.
Transcript.
Testimonials.
Financial documentaion (they will give you forms to fill about your families income and expenses).
Letters of recomendation.
Passport.

Essay topics are:
Each university has its own essay topic but let me drop topics at random as I can remember:

Imagine your community in the next five years, how will it be and how will you have contributed to it?

Personal statement and academic goals and acheivements.

Your countries problem(s).

Your plans upon returning to Africa.
Etc
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
prof.em:

TOEFL is cancelled in nigeria....
Against my other post earlier about ASU (arizona), I said there is no requirement for language proficiency, but it appears they demand ILETS of PTE.... That's all plus the above documents in my previous post
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2013
prof.em:

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
I'm realising the email I just got from arizona state university few minutes ago, just read it and I think it will answer a lot of question for the Arizona state university's hopefuls.

Dear Chris,

All academic records must be sent in paper form by post or international courier, such as FedEx or DHL. Scanned or uploaded documents cannot be accepted. We recognize that this may be difficult to do or pay for in certain locations, however, we do not have a method for helping applicants at this stage. You may wish to visit your local EducationUSA advisor. Education USA offices sometime have funds to help students apply to American universities. You may find your local office at http://www.eductionusa.info
Please make sure you are sending the correct documents and that you are sending certified copies of original documents. See the application process information page for details.

Your application for undergraduate admission is either not complete or has not yet been transmitted to ASU's student data management system. Please log in to the website below and confirm that you have submitted your application. Once it is submitted, you will be sent an email with information on how to set up your ASURITE ID.

**Notice to Nigerian applicants:
Applicants to ASU from Nigeria are required to submit proof of English Language proficiency. We are aware that most TOEFL exams in Nigeria have been cancelled for the foreseeable future. We are sorry to hear of this unfortunate situation, however, we cannot exempt certain applicants from the admissions requirements at ASU. You have two options: you may continue your application for admission at ASU and arrange to take the IELTS or the PTE (see information below), or you may apply to a different partner institution of The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program. In the past, some partner institutions, such as Stanford, Duke and Wellesley, have not required TOEFL scores. Be sure to carefully research each institution's admission requirements before beginning the application. You may access all partners at the page below:

http://mastercardfdnscholars.org/partners

More information on the IELTS exam (available in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt):
http://www.ielts.org//test_centre_search/search_results.aspx?TestCentreSearchSubRegion=7c523b98-bdd9-42a9-80a5-776f2b55a45a

More information on the PTE-A (available in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt) with many available dates:
http://pearsonpte.com/TestMe/Taking/Pages/TestCentersandFees.aspx
and
http://www.pearsonvue.com/Dispatcher?application=SeatSearch&action=actStartApp&v=W2L&clientCode=PEARSONLANGUAGE

That's it.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
I'm realising the email I just got from arizona state university few minutes ago, just read it and I think it will answer a lot of question for the Arizona state university's hopefuls.

Dear Chris,

All academic records must be sent in paper form by post or international courier, such as FedEx or DHL. Scanned or uploaded documents cannot be accepted. We recognize that this may be difficult to do or pay for in certain locations, however, we do not have a method for helping applicants at this stage. You may wish to visit your local EducationUSA advisor. Education USA offices sometime have funds to help students apply to American universities. You may find your local office at http://www.eductionusa.info
Please make sure you are sending the correct documents and that you are sending certified copies of original documents. See the application process information page for details.

Your application for undergraduate admission is either not complete or has not yet been transmitted to ASU's student data management system. Please log in to the website below and confirm that you have submitted your application. Once it is submitted, you will be sent an email with information on how to set up your ASURITE ID.

**Notice to Nigerian applicants:
Applicants to ASU from Nigeria are required to submit proof of English Language proficiency. We are aware that most TOEFL exams in Nigeria have been cancelled for the foreseeable future. We are sorry to hear of this unfortunate situation, however, we cannot exempt certain applicants from the admissions requirements at ASU. You have two options: you may continue your application for admission at ASU and arrange to take the IELTS or the PTE (see information below), or you may apply to a different partner institution of The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program. In the past, some partner institutions, such as Stanford, Duke and Wellesley, have not required TOEFL scores. Be sure to carefully research each institution's admission requirements before beginning the application. You may access all partners at the page below:

http://mastercardfdnscholars.org/partners

More information on the IELTS exam (available in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt):
http://www.ielts.org//test_centre_search/search_results.aspx?TestCentreSearchSubRegion=7c523b98-bdd9-42a9-80a5-776f2b55a45a

More information on the PTE-A (available in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt) with many available dates:
http://pearsonpte.com/TestMe/Taking/Pages/TestCentersandFees.aspx
and
http://www.pearsonvue.com/Dispatcher?application=SeatSearch&action=actStartApp&v=W2L&clientCode=PEARSONLANGUAGE

That's it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
Hmm okay but my question is wat are the transcripts needed ooh..
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
ikeola6: Hmm okay but my question is wat are the transcripts needed ooh..

Transcript is a collation of all your high school results from SS1 to SS2
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
I got an email from master card foundation, saying if you want to apply without TOEFL, write to the school first for a waiver for you to exempt you from presenting d above.

For those interested in apply to MCGIL below is the link and d application form and other forms and intructions on what u have to do.

www.mcgill.ca/mastercardfdn-scholars/how-apply
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by algorithm(m): 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
Chris, Thanks for opening this page. I applied for U of T MasterCard before the deadline, I have been asking around to see people that also applied. I was really confused at some stage, but thankGod It was successful, am yet to receive a confirmation from them anyway.

I am already on the process for ASU and McGill my ASU application keeps hanging at the selection for major, while the mail my school counsellor sent containing the Order Number et al is yet to be replied, so I cannot continue.

What do you suggest?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by algorithm(m): 11:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
Chris have you been given your McGill username and ID to log on to "Minerva" ??
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hello peepz, i jst completed sec. School recently nd i wish to apply for the dis scholarship, pls i wud like if anybody cn put me thru. Tanks in anticipation
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 6:56am On Dec 19, 2013
algorithm: Chris, Thanks for opening this page. I applied for U of T MasterCard before the deadline, I have been asking around to see people that also applied. I was really confused at some stage, but thankGod It was successful, am yet to receive a confirmation from them anyway.

I am already on the process for ASU and McGill my ASU application keeps hanging at the selection for major, while the mail my school counsellor sent containing the Order Number et al is yet to be replied, so I cannot continue.

What do you suggest?

Finally..
You can't imagine how happy was to see your posts, now I av got one more person to wait along with..

I also applied to U of T, submitted my documents around 5th of Nov, I got a comfirmation from them a month later, I was directed to open a VIP page. But just cool down you will hear from them..
Here is what there email keeps auto-replying:
Your message has been filed for future reading.
We are currently experiencing a high number of
inquiries and incoming applications. You may be
notified after the deadline that your application has
been received. You may not receive a reminder of any
outstanding documents which you have not
submitted. As a reminder, a complete application will
include:
• A complete scholar application form
• 2 reference forms using the forms at the back of
the application
• Financial documentation
• Academic transcripts
The deadline is December 16, 2013.

I was also able to chat with them during those times, but I'm guessing applications are much now, just hold on, they will reply you.

For ASU,
Do u have TOEFL, if yes then go on, but if NO forget it, I got email from them saying they don't waive or exempt any pollicy for any applicant.. The major part, yea I had that problem, once u select the campus, just type in the major you want in full, then press enter, something like loading will appear, just wait, a list of majors will appear, then you can go from there...
Anyways I submitted mine already but I am not going further, I don't have TOEFL and I don't have money to them my documents via courier service they don't accept scanned copies.

MCGIL, just a little patience, you get your I.D soon, still waiting for mine too.
From them:
PLEASE NOTE
We are experiencing a high volume of
application submissions and therefore
have a delay in processing times. It may
take longer than expected to receive a
confirmation of application submission
and supporting documents. In addition,
our office will be closed from December
21, 2013 to January 5, 2014. We thank
you for your patience.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 7:00am On Dec 19, 2013
elgaitan: Hello peepz, i jst completed sec. School recently nd i wish to apply for the dis scholarship, pls i wud like if anybody cn put me thru. Tanks in anticipation

Just read everything from the start of this thread to here, also click on my links and read, you will understand a lot....

I will recommend MCGIL for you, coz they know about nigerian system of education...
www.mcgill.ca/mastercardfdn-scholars/apply-program
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 7:02am On Dec 19, 2013
algorithm: Chris have you been given your McGill username and ID to log on to "Minerva" ??

Abeg while we wait, which major you apply for?? And at what point were you confused in your application for U of T
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by ministerblessed: 8:06am On Dec 19, 2013
University of toronto
Stanford university
University of america.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 8:27am On Dec 19, 2013
ministerblessed: University of toronto
Stanford university
University of america.

I believe I have posted the link to these universities in the previous page.. Kindly re-read again
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by algorithm(m): 8:34am On Dec 19, 2013
chris viral:

Abeg while we wait, which major you apply for?? And at what point were you confused in your application for U of T
The passport issue, I don't have one.

secondly, I also couldn't get any bank statements : "you should know why" I only submitted letter from a relative.

I was able to contact a beneficiary from Kenya studying in U of T. Mehn the guy was looking like someone who has a degree already, he said I could chat with him on Skype but that would be after his exams.

My major is Mechanical Engineering.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by algorithm(m): 8:44am On Dec 19, 2013
chris viral:

Finally..
You can't imagine how happy was to see your posts, now I av got one more person to wait along with..

I also applied to U of T, submitted my documents around 5th of Nov, I got a comfirmation from them a month later, I was directed to open a VIP page. But just cool down you will hear from them..
Here is what there email keeps auto-replying:
Your message has been filed for future reading.
We are currently experiencing a high number of
inquiries and incoming applications. You may be
notified after the deadline that your application has
been received. You may not receive a reminder of any
outstanding documents which you have not
submitted. As a reminder, a complete application will
include:
• A complete scholar application form
• 2 reference forms using the forms at the back of
the application
• Financial documentation
• Academic transcripts
The deadline is December 16, 2013.

I was also able to chat with them during those times, but I'm guessing applications are much now, just hold on, they will reply you.

For ASU,
Do u have TOEFL, if yes then go on, but if NO forget it, I got email from them saying they don't waive or exempt any pollicy for any applicant.. The major part, yea I had that problem, once u select the campus, just type in the major you want in full, then press enter, something like loading will appear, just wait, a list of majors will appear, then you can go from there...
Anyways I submitted mine already but I am not going further, I don't have TOEFL and I don't have money to them my documents via courier service they don't accept scanned copies.

MCGIL, just a little patience, you get your I.D soon, still waiting for mine too.
From them:
PLEASE NOTE
We are experiencing a high volume of
application submissions and therefore
have a delay in processing times. It may
take longer than expected to receive a
confirmation of application submission
and supporting documents. In addition,
our office will be closed from December
21, 2013 to January 5, 2014. We thank
you for your patience.
Do you have an A-level GCE or just WAEC and NECO
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 8:59am On Dec 19, 2013
algorithm: Do you have an A-level GCE or just WAEC and NECO

Just WAEC and NECO, the basic requirement for nigerian student is WAEC no NECO
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 19, 2013
How do I apply to Mcgills ooo... m really getting frustrated by these stuffs
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:06am On Dec 19, 2013
algorithm: The passport issue, I don't have one.

secondly, I also couldn't get any bank statements : "you should know why" I only submitted letter from a relative.

I was able to contact a beneficiary from Kenya studying in U of T. Mehn the guy was looking like someone who has a degree already, he said I could chat with him on Skype but that would be after his exams.

My major is Mechanical Engineering.

For the passport, if awarded the scholarship, you will be given money to apply for a passport, no wahala on that....

Myself too, I didn't get Bank statement, but I gave them letter from a sponsor and a letter from a relative as well.

All the scholars were looking like degree holders Lol' except for the ghananian girl, there... Lmao, that by the way..

Now the shocker, LOL,
My Major is Mechanical Engineering too.
Coincidence too much baa...

I went to their dicover Engineering page, the minimum requirement for student from nigeria is:
English, mathematics, physics and chemistry with nothing less than a B2 ooo.. Too high sha..
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:09am On Dec 19, 2013
ikeola6: How do I apply to Mcgills ooo... m really getting frustrated by these stuffs

Calm down, I gave you a link earlier on, click and read through it, below at the page you see link to apply
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 19, 2013
chris viral:

Calm down, I gave you a link earlier on, click and read through it, below at the page you see link to apply
Oh tanks I hope Michigan state university and Mcgills don't require TOEFL.. my major is chemistry hope I won't be needing B2...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2013
ikeola6: Oh tanks I hope Michigan state university and Mcgills don't require TOEFL.. my major is chemistry hope I won't be needing B2...

The interesting thing about MSU (michigan) is that they don't have a minimum requirement, they don't admit students based on ur scores but they combine your extra-curricular activities, passion and score together...

But MCGIL, made it quite clear, admissions are decided solely on academic performance including course you failed...

Both UNIs required TOEFL but due to the system of nigerian education, just send them an Email for a TOEFL waiver....

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:24am On Dec 19, 2013
Spread the word, let nigerians apply, if you take a look at last years beneficiaries, only kenyans and ghanains, no Nigerian, in all the UNIs, even Rwanda too was among, abeg nigerians go storm them this year, na our turn... Even if I don't get there, let nigerians go there...

Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.