Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (486036 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
cryptography:

www.nairaland.com/chrisviral

www.nairaland.com/algorithm

Wow! I read the thread from page 1 and I didn't read about them getting it. Happy for them. I'm encouraged by this news!

Cryptography, I know you from the US student visa thread. How are you?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
Graviton2:

Wow! I read the thread from page 1 and I didn't read about them getting it. Happy for them. I'm encouraged by this news!

Cryptography, I know you from the US student visa thread. How are you?

Fine.................. mind sharing your FB/Mobile
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
cryptography:

Fine.................. mind sharing your FB/Mobile

Sent you a PM, Sir.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by frankmoney(m): 7:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
Graviton2:

Sunnycent, you are referring to the TOEFL fee waiver, right?

Frankmoney, it is stated on the site that if you can't handle the fees, there is a form you need to fil to get your TOEFL fees handled for you.
OK thanks bro ....I'll appreciate if u share f link
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
cryptography:

mind sharing the links............
the link's up there...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
Graviton2:

Sunnycent, you are referring to the TOEFL fee waiver, right?

Frankmoney, it is stated on the site that if you can't handle the fees, there is a form you need to fil to get your TOEFL fees handled for you.
really Man, i don't know that.! Pls tell me...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
frankmoney: OK thanks bro ....I'll appreciate if u share f link
Sunnycent: really Man, i don't know that.! Pls tell me...

I'm sorry, guys. I can't seem to find it anymore on the site — I'm very certain I read it there. I'll keep searching, and I will post the link on here as soon as I find it again.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 8:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
Graviton2:

I'm sorry, guys. I can't seem to find it anymore on the site — I'm very certain I read it there. I'll keep searching, and I will post the link on here as soon as I find it again.
wait, is it on ASU's website or where?

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
Sunnycent: wait, is it on ASU's website or where?

I was researching the scholarship via Google, and it led my to a lot of directions; MSU, University of Toronto etc. I will have to retrace my steps to find it.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
Graviton2:

I was researching the scholarship via Google, and it led my to a lot of directions; MSU, University of Toronto etc. I will have to retrace my steps to find it.
hmmm. Ok! Try and save the page next time
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vickygirk(f): 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
Graviton2:
The essay prompt will appear when you get to a stage in the form. I took the IELTS this year and I scored 7.0/9.0 which meets the requirement — I won't be needing the TOEFL, I don't have the money to pay twice for the same exam.
What is your WAEC like?
my waec is ok. Congrats for the ielts, the ielts and sat which one is easier? Will u write sat because am writing?. By the way i have reached the essay part.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by drhammed: 10:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
Am done with essay and registration , My only problem now is IELTs , i don't know how to contact any agent , i rily need to write it b4 years run out , nd hw does it cost ? Hope its nt dt difficult ?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
drhammed: Am done with essay and registration , My only problem now is IELTs , i don't know how to contact any agent , i rily need to write it b4 years run out , nd hw does it cost ? Hope its nt dt difficult ?
i heard IELTS is easier to pass than TOEFL but TOEFL is much more cheaper compared to IELTS.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 10:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
drhammed: Am done with essay and registration , My only problem now is IELTs , i don't know how to contact any agent , i rily need to write it b4 years run out , nd hw does it cost ? Hope its nt dt difficult ?
have you been notified that your application is complete? also, have they sent recommendation letters to your recommenders??
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vickygirk(f): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
@sunnycent, can ur parents or any of ur relatives be ur recommendators? @drhammed, u don finish the essay?, u fast...o @graviton, wats the cost of purchasing ielts?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by drhammed: 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
You gt idea of how much b Toefl nd IELTs ?
Sunnycent: i heard IELTS is easier to pass than TOEFL but TOEFL is much more cheaper compared to IELTS.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by drhammed: 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2014

I don finish d essay , my parent is 1 of my recommendators , nd a lectura , yu also wan write ielts ? Yu can drop your contact , we cud rub mind 2geda , so we can suceed easily
Vickygirk: @sunnycent, can ur parents or any of ur relatives be ur recommendators? @drhammed, u don finish the essay?, u fast...o @graviton, wats the cost of purchasing ielts?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by drhammed: 11:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
Yes , they even give me 1 ID or so its 95 for ASU
Sunnycent: have you been notified that your application is complete? also, have they sent recommendation letters to your recommenders??
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
Vickygirk: my waec is ok. Congrats for the ielts, the ielts and sat which one is easier? Will u write sat because am writing?. By the way i have reached the essay part.

Thank you. The IELTS and TOEFL are both English proficiency tests, ACT and SAT are college entry exams — they are both different category exams. I'll be taking the ACT as soon as I can manage the funds. I'm at the essay point too.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 11:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
Vickygirk: @sunnycent, can ur parents or any of ur relatives be ur recommendators? @drhammed, u don finish the essay?, u fast...o @graviton, wats the cost of purchasing ielts?
i dont think so but since drhammed's own is like that i think we can try it
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 11:31pm On Aug 02, 2014

It's just an English proficiency test — consisting of Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening sections. ACT and SAT are the ones you should be considering as "hard".
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 11:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
drhammed: You gt idea of how much b Toefl nd IELTs ?
TOEFL should be 27,500 naira while IELTS should be around 35,000 naira
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 11:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
Graviton2:

It's just an English proficiency test — consisting of Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening sections. ACT and SAT are the ones you should be considering as "hard".
yeah but whether hard or not hard funds is the koko
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 11:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
Sunnycent: yeah but whether hard or not hard funds is the koko

Exactly. Money is very difficult to come by. Only God can help us.

I need to take the ACT presently, but where is the money?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 11:44pm On Aug 02, 2014

Like Sunnycent said, it's pretty expensive about NGN35,000 registering with an agent and NGN29,000 by yourself.

I don't think our relative should write our recommendations, my honest opinion.

TOEFL takers can also register themselves: Navigatr this site: https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/about/bulletin/
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 11:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
For IELTS prospective takers, here is how to register by yourself and save your money — don't dash agents your money. http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/how_do_i_register/how_do_i_register.aspx

I have included a picture of my IELTS result.

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 11:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
Cheers everyone! May God see us through.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by drhammed: 4:46am On Aug 03, 2014
Graviton2:

Like Sunnycent said, it's pretty expensive about NGN35,000 registering with an agent and NGN29,000 by yourself.
In the option , nothing like Parent , hope you remenba , there is just Advisor/Counsellor option alongside with d rest , and i choose 1 Advisor to b my parent , d 2nd recommenda is a lectura. I don't think our relative should write our recommendations, my honest opinion.

TOEFL takers can also register themselves: Navigatr this site: https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/about/bulletin/
Sunnycent: i dont think so but since drhammed's own is like that i think we can try it
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by drhammed: 4:49am On Aug 03, 2014
Since i saw Advisor / Counsellor Option , dats why i choose 1 of my parent to be an advisor , and d oda recommenda to be a lecturer
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vickygirk(f): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2014
drhammed: 
I don finish d essay , my parent is 1 of my recommendators , nd a lectura , yu also wan write ielts ? Yu can drop your contact , we cud rub mind 2geda , so we can suceed easily
ok..i will email u my number.can both parents be that(recommenders)?. thanks bros * happy sunday everyone*
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by frankmoney(m): 12:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
good day everybody.... plz is there an exact topic for the essay ? and also i lf u av any link for the TOEFL waiver kindly post it thanks
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by drhammed: 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dnt let d bot parent be a recommedas ? Use som1 in Academics , as diz is issue of Academics , and ur parent or religious leader , #My Best Opinion
Vickygirk: ok..i will email u my number.can both parents be that(recommenders)?. thanks bros * happy sunday everyone*

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.