Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,144 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan (2140 Views)

China Loan: Fayose Hits Back At Oyegun, Sagay, Oni, APC, Others / 2015: Jonathan Will Win Across Board – PDP / AGRIFEST 2015: Jonathan Okays N26 Billion For 2015 Dry Season Farming (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Princess2be(f): 5:44am On Dec 17, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan on
Monday hit back at his critics and
opposition parties, accusing them of
painting his administration “bad
before the global community.”
He therefore warned that he would
not allow their selfish ambition for
the 2015 general election to destroy
the country.
His warning is coming six days after
an 18-page letter in which a former
President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo,
made scathing remarks about his
administration was made public. It
also came less than 24 hours after
the opposition All Progressives
Congress called on the National
Assembly to immediately commence
impeachment proceeding against
Jonathan for alleged gross
misconduct.
Although he has yet to personally
respond to Obasanjo’s letter and the
APC’s call for his impeachment, the
Peoples Democratic Movement and
the Nigeria Labour Congress on
Monday, said he needed to do so
because the allegations levelled
against him by the former President
were weighty.
At a lecture and award ceremony in
Abuja on Monday, Jonathan told his
critics to be cautious in attacking his
administration because it was the
selfish ambition of some politicians
that led to the “wrongful overthrow”
of the Shehu Shagari administration
in 1983.
He was represented at the annual
lecture, the third in a series by
Nigerian Pilot Newspapers and
Nigerian Newsworld, by the Minister
of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku.
The President claimed that the
criticisms against his administration
were not constructive enough to
challenge his development strides.
Jonathan,who said he had developed
a “thick skin against such criticisms”,
however advised politicians to thread
with caution as their actions could
destabilise the democractic
structures already in place in the
country.
He said, “There is a difference
between ambition and reality. Go for
your ambition, nobody is disturbing
you because it is a free world. Go and
compete, but don’t pull down this
country called Nigeria because of
your personal ambition. It is
unacceptable.
“I think there is a difference between
debates and insults. I reject insults
and the fact that I am a public officer
doesn’t give anybody the liberty to
insult me. Most of the time you
cannot detach the Office of the
President and honour of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria.
“There are people who are honestly
trying to put things down for this
country to move on. I think we can
see the difference between facts and
fiction.
“Let us not continue to behave as if
we can pull down our own house; we
as politicians and public servants
should not behave as if we were
picked on the streets. You don’t just
go and pour acid on the faces of
public officers.
“When Shagari was overthrown in
1983, there was a lot of noise that the
government was not doing anything
and nothing was not said about
Shagari’s regime.
“Shagari was overthrown amidst
lies….The greatest shame of this
country is Ajaokuta Steel Complex. If
Shagari was there, by 1986, he would
have completed Ajaokuta.”
But Maku took a swipe at the media,
stressing that on a daily basis, they
were awash with highly fictional
information.
He said, “If you look through our
media reports today, we see insults
and abuses, every day. If somebody
did not abuse Mr. President, it will
look as if there is no journalism on
that day.
“We are talking about our country, our
nation’s institutions and democracy;
we are talking about setting
standards for this democracy,
standards of behaviour, standards of
conduct and standards of principles
of behaviour and every democracy
must be parliamentary. We should
not go personal, but we are going too
personal.”
Maku compared the media to a
mirror, which when broken, gives a
false image.
He said, “We must not destroy the
mirror and present the image as ugly.
“The mirror is very important in
conveying the good image of our
people. We have completely ignored
issues on the ground and we are
embarking on personality debates.
“The way we are sensationalising the
development of this nation in public
debates, is so annoying and it is not
supposed to be so. I am a big time
journalist.
“But there is a difference between
reporting events and articulating a
position because the media are
supposed to articulate public
debates. When the media embark on
abuse and insults, the people will be
confused.”
He also stated that the liberty being
enjoyed by Nigerians had been taken
for granted simply because “the
President believes in the rule of law.”
But as he spoke, the PDM, like the
APC, called on the National Assembly
to impeach Jonathan if he failed to
defend himself against the
allegations by Obasanjo.
It also advised Nigerians to stop
trusting him since he had been
unable to do so.
The party argued that the allegations
contained in the former President’s
letter were earth-shaking.
In a statement on Monday by its
National Publicity Secretary, Mr.
Ahmadu Abubakar, the PDM listed all
the allegations in the letter and said
the President, in his interest and that
of the country, must address them.
It said it was bad that Jonathan ,
instead of addressing the issues,
resorted to crude means of answering
them.
The statement reads in part,” If the
President cannot defend himself of
these allegations, he should come
clean and openly say so instead of
resorting to the dubious tactic of non
response.
“If he cannot defend himself against
these grave allegations levelled
against him by no less a personality
than … a person who knows fully the
implications of what he says, there is
no reason why Nigerians should trust
him a day longer than necessary with
the fate of their country.
“In which case, he should either
promptly resign or be impeached.”
It also called on the National
Assembly to fully and painstakingly
investigate Obasanjo’s allegations by
first, asking the President to fully
explain himself.
Also, the NLC called on Jonathan to
respond to the “weighty” allegations
against his administration.
The congress, through its Acting
General Secretary, Mr. Chris Uyot,
told one of our correspondents that
Jonathan’s response was needed
because the allegations bordered on
national security and the
management of the nation’s
economy.
It also urged the ruling Peoples
Democratic Party to ensure that its
lingering internal crisis did not engulf
the country.
The labour group argued that since
the letter by Obasanjo became public
knowledge, Nigerians had patiently
waited for a response from Jonathan.
It said, “The issues raised are weighty
enough for the President to respond
to. One of the issues borders on
national security while another is on
the management of the economy.
“As far as we are concerned,
Obasanjo wrote a letter to the
President and made those
allegations, and Nigerians want him
to respond to the said letter. The NLC
would respond to the controversy at
the appropriate time.”
Obasanjo had in the letter dated
December 2, 2013 and titled, “Before
it is too late,” accused Jonathan of
taking actions inimical to the well-
being of the nation.
The former President also alleged
that the President was committing
anti-party activities against the
ruling PDP because of his political
ambition.
Obasanjo, who accused Jonathan of
training snipers and putting 1, 000
politicians under watch, alleged that
he was also dividing the country
along ethnic and religious lines.
But the NLC said that the ruling class
in the country had been engulfed by a
war which Nigerian workers must
avoid.
It said that workers should be
watchful and vigilant enough to avoid
being drawn into taking sides in the
fray among the ruling elite.
The congress added, “This is not the
time for sentiments; it calls for
reflection, we all know the problem of
Nigeria. Let the PDP not make its
problem a national problem.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-others-attacking-me-because-of-2015-jonathan/

2 Likes

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Princess2be(f): 5:46am On Dec 17, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan remains the best President Nigeria has ever had. Ride On Sir!

17 Likes

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by jeffizy(m): 5:55am On Dec 17, 2013
You don't just have a 'thick skin to criticism' sir, you also have a thick skin to corruption within your Government.

8 Likes

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 17, 2013
Jonathan is an uncharismatic dofus of a president. He wouldn't have anyone around him if he wasn't the president or if there was no money in politics. He inspires nobody except the chest beating experts from the East and oil bandits from the creek. I can see Jonathan dying like Samuel Doe or incarcerated like Lawrence Gbagbo.

4 Likes

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by imengerj(m): 5:58am On Dec 17, 2013
This is a typical nigerian talking. We nigerians spend our time talking without backing it up with facts. I wud love to see d president jst kip quite and deliver on his so called transformation agenda. The main problem is nt even the APC, the problem is in his cabinent, he s surrounded wit people who alws tel him what he wants to hear and not the other way round. You are failin cos u choose to romance corruption.

1 Like

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by jeffizy(m): 5:58am On Dec 17, 2013
Princess2be: President Goodluck Jonathan
remains the best President Nigeria
has ever had. Ride On Sir!
shocked
How do you sleep at night without a clear conscience?

3 Likes

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Toktee(m): 6:09am On Dec 17, 2013
May the devil baptise u.
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Brimmie(m): 6:13am On Dec 17, 2013
Willy-willy, sense you nor get! cheesy
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 17, 2013
When illiteracy becomes pride, Nigeria happens.
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by bcomputer101: 6:16am On Dec 17, 2013

Effect of too much s3x.

Ode!
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Soloter(m): 6:18am On Dec 17, 2013
Maku Labaran is a first class sycophant that keeps deceiving the president that he's performing. Don't dissipate your energy on non-essentials, put your heads together and reply OBJ's heaven inspired letter to your master.
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 17, 2013
payless: Jonathan is an uncharismatic dofus of a president. He wouldn't have anyone around him if he wasn't the president or if there was no money in politics. He inspires nobody except the chest beating experts from the East and oil bandits from the creek. I can see Jonathan dying like Samuel Doe or incarcerated like Lawrence Gbagbo.

The way you are jumping from thread to thread, I can tell that you are addicted. And when you are addicted to Nairaland, you are finished. And I can see that you are a professional poster of negative messages, it is an indication of the ocean of negativity and pains in you occasioned by God-knows-what.

My advise is that you get a better addiction to replace Nairaland, because I can assure you, that the way you are going, you wont afford a good life.

Have a schedule for yourself and stop NOW to think of your life outside Nairaland.

My 2 kobo

18 Likes

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 17, 2013
Mr President Sir, You must see and win 2015 election. A case study of Obama. Obama was hated by the whites upon all his achievement in USA just because he aren't pure American painting the whole media black that Obama will loose but eventually returned for 2nd term. Ur case will still be like that just because you are from a particular region and they aren't determining your performers all they are after is ethnic politics and selfish interest that's why all these are happening. You have the constitutional right to contest 2nd term is left for Nigerians to decide not some individuals. Obj did worst than your regime.

8 Likes

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Ngokafor(f): 6:38am On Dec 17, 2013
Billyonaire:

The way you are jumping from thread to thread, I can tell that you are addicted. And when you are addicted to Nairaland, you are finished. And I can see that you are a professional poster of negative messages, it is an indication of the ocean of negativity and pains in you occasioned by God-knows-what.

My advise is that you get a better addiction to replace Nairaland, because I can assure you, that the way you are going, you wont afford a good life.

Have a schedule for yourself and stop NOW to think of your life outside Nairaland.

My 2 kobo

..spot on!...

10 Likes

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 6:44am On Dec 17, 2013
payless: Jonathan is an uncharismatic dofus of a president. He wouldn't have anyone around him if he wasn't the president or if there was no money in politics. He inspires nobody except the chest beating experts from the East and oil bandits from the creek. I can see Jonathan dying like Samuel Doe or incarcerated like Lawrence Gbagbo.

F*ck you a million times for writing that. How can you wish our President death like he'll be there forever? I think the attacks and death wish is getting out of hand or do you have plots to kill him?

10 Likes

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Princess2be(f): 6:57am On Dec 17, 2013
jeffizy: shocked
How do you sleep at night without a clear conscience?
U sound frustrated. Seems u don't sleep at all....

8 Likes

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Princess2be(f): 6:58am On Dec 17, 2013
bcomputer101:

Effect of too much s3x.

Ode!
U're always looking for cheap attention. Why must ur life depend on Nairaland? Help ur miserable life!

6 Likes

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Josab4life: 7:03am On Dec 17, 2013
What if he honoroubly steps down come 2015, wouldnt that make him a more better president? Is he not also nursing his aambition at d xpence of millions poor naija people. Gej remember that when u develop too much thick skin, it turns to cadaver. Dead meat.
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by CircleOfWilis: 7:10am On Dec 17, 2013
.no ,its bcs u are weak!
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by tosan200(m): 7:16am On Dec 17, 2013
When the greats are called , they will rise not because they were not criticized but they could rise above that and do wonders in the face of heavy critics.
Mr president sir, you've done nothing of importance to shut up your critics, let your performance speak for you.
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by jeffizy(m): 7:20am On Dec 17, 2013
Princess2be:
U sound frustrated. Seems u don't sleep at all....
Awww. So you got punches?

Well, the truth is a bitter pill.

#wannabeprincess.
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Princess2be(f): 7:23am On Dec 17, 2013
jeffizy: Awww. So you got punches?

Well, the truth is a bitter pill.

#wannabeprincess.
guy nawa 4 u.... U're always quoting me to get my attention. I don't like u. na by force? pls stop sending me PM. I don't want u. is this how desperate u can be? I won't reply u again. GOODBYE!

7 Likes

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by basilo101: 7:24am On Dec 17, 2013
must u drag East into everything? High BP is real
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by awodman: 7:28am On Dec 17, 2013

“Shagari was overthrown amidst lies….The greatest shame of this country is Ajaokuta Steel Complex. If
Shagari was there, by 1986, he would have completed Ajaokuta.”

This caught my attention and is very true..till today we know how Ajaokuta have been struggling..Our plans to become a highly industrialized nation thwarted...

Let's also not forget...the tenure of Lateef Jakande who is adjudged the best Lagos state Gov in living memory was truncated...we all know what happened to his Light rail project and how over 20 years after,Fashola is still struggling to complete it
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Bigcake: 7:28am On Dec 17, 2013
A status ur useless farther cldnt achieve n will never achieve. Small rat shut up n stop rubbishing d President. U fvcken tribalist
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Bigcake: 7:32am On Dec 17, 2013
Josab4life: What if he honoroubly steps down come 2015, wouldnt that make him a more better president? Is he not also nursing his aambition at d xpence of millions poor naija people. Gej remember that when u develop too much thick skin, it turns to cadaver. Dead meat.
Must u talk? Swine
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 7:37am On Dec 17, 2013
There are social maladies in most Nigerian families, churches, mosques, schools and working/market places hence every d.ic.k and Harry take pleasure in throwing insults and at the same time can never absorb insult on their own person.

What a shame, in Nairaland adults congratulate abusers of themselves who possess superior insulting verbose and use them as a tool in socio--political or regional economy debates.

1 Like

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Ngokafor(f): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2013
Abagworo:

F*ck you a million times for writing that. How can you wish our President death like he'll be there forever? I think the attacks and death wish is getting out of hand or do you have plots to kill him?

Why are you cursing him this early morning??...is he no longer your fellow APC clown??...what he is angling for is simply politics ala APC style...smh..
...One thing i have come to realise on this forum about most APC supporters is that your mentality most time borders on hypocrisy at best and psychopathic sadism at worst,with little or no logical thinking what-so-ever am sorry..
...all you guys do is call folks unprintable names from dusk to dawn,the president and his family included..is that how you intend winning elections??...by throwing insults and tantrums..i dont think so brother!.
Some APC-wary peeps like me are not really comfortable with some of the President's policies,but are equally disgusted with APC's supporters approach to the whole issue..and you wonder why Ngige fell flat on his face in Anambra??..go figure!
....am not a PDP supporter cos i know the politicians there are as corrupt as the ones in APC,but their supporters are far ahead of you guys in terms of how they present their arguements and a lot more matured in their thinking if i may add..
..the funny thing is that the coward you quoted is in America,where he wont be affected by any fallout from the Samuel Doe treatment he is advocating for,while you and i will bear the brunt of the crisis and chaos that would occur...have a Goodday.

5 Likes

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 17, 2013
Abagworo:

if not for d decay in our security apparatus, such persons wishin death to a sittin president surpose to be arrested for questionin.

1 Like

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Tuntheycr7: 7:42am On Dec 17, 2013

Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by Tuntheycr7: 7:50am On Dec 17, 2013

dear Mr Payless Brainless abi wetin b ur name ?
Its crystal clear that you gat no life after Nairaland and that won't help you.
Am not a PDP or CAN supporters but I think its getin too much of you jumpin from one thread to another calling GEJ names.
Perhaps your judgements are unrealistic.
So pls kindly go find better things doin if u dnt have reasonable comment. But if you fail to change then I pity ya future children
Re: APC, Others Attacking Me Because Of 2015 – Jonathan by amaboss(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2013
A President should never defend himself. It's like a CEO explaining himself to his staffs.
Jonathan doesn't have the charisma of a strong leader.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Rejects 8,000 Polling Booths Allocated To South-east / Tambuwal,ihedioha,leo Ogor Re-unite Against Pdp Caucus Ultimatum / Audacity Of Hope: A Corper's encounter With President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.