Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,408 members, 7,781,186 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:20 AM

Man Had His Hand Attached To His ANKLE For A Month - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Had His Hand Attached To His ANKLE For A Month (1278 Views)

Is It Possible For A Girl To See Her Period Twice In A Month? / I Broke My Ankle Am Afraid I May Be Crippled / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Had His Hand Attached To His ANKLE For A Month by agitator: 8:02am On Dec 17, 2013
Doctors have successfully reattached a man's severed hand after it was attached to his ankle for a month.

On November 10, Xiao Wei's right hand was severed due to an accident at work.

He said: 'I was just shocked and frozen at the spot, until co-workers unplugged the machine and retrieved my and and took me to the hospital.'
At his local hospital in Changde, in China's Hunan province, doctors said they were unable to save his hand.

but they suggested that doctor at a larger regional hospital may be able to help.

Mr Wei said 'I am still young, and I couldn't imagine life witout a right hand.'

Seven hours after the incident, he arrived at the other hospital in Changsha.

Doctors here were hopeful they could re-attach the han, but not right away. So, in order to stop the severed hand from dying, they atttached it to his ankle.

One of them explaned: 'His injury was severe. Besides ripping injuries, his arm was also flattened. We had to clear and treat his injuries before taking on the hand re-attachment surgery.'

While he will need to undergo several other operations, doctors are confident he will regain full use of his right hand again.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2524539/Man-hand-severed-attached-ANKLE-month-alive-reattached.html

Re: Man Had His Hand Attached To His ANKLE For A Month by Jimbadly: 9:22am On Dec 17, 2013
Oh my God! shocked shocked

These Chinese people are simply amazing!!!

(1) (Reply)

Whey We Should All Be Eating The Seeds In Avocados / Easiest Way To Determine Your Baby's Sex Before Birth / Dangers Of Cold Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.