Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Atheists are zombies - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists are zombies (5342 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Why Are Atheists/agnostics Viewed So Vilely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists are zombies by macof(m): 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
thehomer:

So what? Did those people around my village travel to Guinea to trace the route of the river?
go and ask them and stop internet study
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
macof:

Creation story, medications and healing, Relationship with man and Nature
just to mention a few

if u are african, go do ur research and stop accepting every Caucasian bullpoo u are fed

Those claims are mocked in other cultures so why should we mock those found in other cultures but not that found in African cultures if they're all incorrect?

Why don't you do your research and stop accepting every African bullpoo you're fed.
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
macof:

wat effects hasnt been known from the beginning of time?

so because a white guy uses big words to explain wat everybody knows it makes him "captain know more about gravity"

e.g the effects on the moon, the tides and light. No, it is because the discoverers had better insight into the phenomenon than others. They actually did know more about gravity.
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
macof: go and ask them and stop internet study

I'll ask you since you don't think it is valuable.
Re: Atheists are zombies by macof(m): 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
thehomer:

Those claims are mocked in other cultures so why should we mock those found in other cultures but not that found in African cultures if they're all incorrect?

Why don't you do your research and stop accepting every African bullpoo you're fed.

Have u ever researched on African theories to know it's bullpoo
Re: Atheists are zombies by macof(m): 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
thehomer:

e.g the effects on the moon, the tides and light. No, it is because the discoverers had better insight into the phenomenon than others. They actually did know more about gravity.

Lol cheesy they asked the Moon to know that abi?
Re: Atheists are zombies by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2013
macof:

So why is it that NL athiest Mock and dismiss Any theory coming from African Traditions, even when its already universally known (as u said) ??
tell me one acceptable universal theory from African tradition that u and I can prove
and watch me repackage it for the world to see

please don't tell me about Sango bending lightening because there is no way I can prove that
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
thehomer:

Mungo Park made some important discoveries there whether you like it or not. You really seem hung up on Mungo Park. How many Africans bothered to take the time to trace the complete route of the river and write about it?

so Yoruba people do not know odo Oya? This guy with colonial mentality. Chai
Re: Atheists are zombies by macof(m): 7:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
9jadelta: tell me one acceptable universal theory from African tradition that u and I can prove
and watch me repackage it for the world to see

please don't tell me about Sango bending lightening because there is no way I can prove that

Can u prove Electrical Energy causes charges that convert to lightening?
Re: Atheists are zombies by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Thanks for following my point. If this battery won crash make him crash abeg.

I do wonder if non of Nigerian know this river before Mungo park came. So this white people are changing historical fact....bending it to suit themselves in every dimension. Just to prove we did nothing than grumbling and hunting..

They told us that River Niger was discovered when practically there is a name for that river in some tribes.

To prove that many people have been mis-informed, their history have been distorted and formally redirected to western world. I challenge any atheist here to tell us what River Niger is called before Mungo Park came. Our ancestors know this river and they called it a name. What is it?
the issue not those that inhabited the river.. the river to those people is probably just another river that they probably don't know where it leads to. mungo park sheds light on where the river leads to made it known to everyone outside that village.

same with gravity. even a dunce knows that when u throw something up, it must surely come down.
but newton added super flavor to it.
now we know that moon is up there and didn't fall because there is no gravity in space not because the god of the moon is holding it. thanks to newton.
Re: Atheists are zombies by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
macof:

Can u prove Electrical Energy causes charges that convert to lightening?
could u?
Re: Atheists are zombies by Idrismusty97(m): 7:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1562079/those-considering-leave-islam-christianity please visit the above thread and say something. Religion is turning to something else.grin
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
thehomer:

Most atheists mock spiritualism whether African or otherwise. Spiritualism isn't enough and it isn't universally known so you still need three examples. What exactly is spiritualism supposed to be?

I don't know these inventions so you're welcome to tell me what they are and provide your evidence for the five of them.

Air Conditioning Unit by Frederick M. Jones July 12, 1949 history told us that he has patent in the invention of refrigerator.

Stethoscope Imhotep Ancient Egypt
(circa 2980 B.C.)

Elevator by Alexander Miles October 11, 1867

Lewis Howard Latimer (1843-1928) A pioneer in the development of the electric light bulb

Rotary Electric Motor Frederick M. Jones June 27, 1939

Typewriter Burridge & Marshman April 7, 1885....... These people are Africans and slave descendant. Even if the eurocentric mentality the western world have programmed you.....you can never know.

The Dogon of Mali have complex and detailed knowledge of the Sirius star system. Detailed illustrations of the solar system were found in cave around egypt...this painting dating 5000 yrs before the european came.

Steel making among the Haya of Tanzania....Research done by Peter Schmidt and Donald Avery discovered that, ‘ 2,000 years ago Africans living on the western shore of Lake Victoria had produced carbon steel in pre-heated forced-draft furnaces, a method that was technologically more sophisticated that any developed in Europe until the mid-nineteenth century.

Ancient Egyptian system of mathematics, probably the most advanced system of mathematics in the world for their time.....Further, the trading nature of Africans required the existence of a numbering system. Evidence of the use of a numbering system in Africa was found on a bone 8000 yrs. old. The Yorubas have a mathematical system which would baffle most mathematicians. This is a system for computation and is very unique because it involves addition, subtraction and multiplication to express one number. It especially relies on subtraction to a very high degree.

The western historian wouldn't tell you that African navigate the world to far reaching china and the so called America....In navigation, Africans built many sophisticated vessels for traveling the Nile and Niger river. These vessels were used to carry out trade between the several empires: between the west coast and Lake Chad, between Mali and the Songhay empires, between Jenné and Timbuktu. The Chinese recorded Africans coming to the Court of China with elephants in such vessels in the thirteenth century. There is evidence that African navigational ingenuity brought them to the Americas before Columbus.

There were other African feats in agricultural science, writing systems, and of course, medical science. The Egyptian Imhotep is the first known medical doctor. African plant medicine involved a complex body of knowledge related to the diagnosis of diseases, anesthetics, antiseptics, and vaccination. African doctors were also well-versed in surgical procedures and techniques. The Bantu used the bark of a plant Salix Capensis to treat musculoskeletal pains. This family of plants yielded salicylic acid the active ingredient in aspirin. In Mali, an effective cure for diarrhea used kaolin, the active ingredient in Kaopectate. African doctors also pioneered the use of herbal treatments in the treatment of psychosis. Many of the herbs used contained tranquilizers. African medical practice have always emphasized holism as a philosophy. Western medicine only now attempting to adopt this philosophy.

More than 1000 inventions were carried on by Africans in the caribbean.....the US law didn't approved this inventions because they weren't recognised as works of human....so they give patent to some and others were covered us in history.

Pick up a book and read. Adams, Van Sertima, Ivan (ed). Blacks in Science: Ancient and Modern......they have distorted your history. You are a colonial boy who have lost your identity and probably forget everything about your ancestry. Don’t get it twisted, most Africans on the continent don’t know much about African history. All they know is the twisted Eurocentric version. School in Africa is still Eurocentered. Our History had been “colonized”, twisted, and re-written. Wake up man.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
thehomer:

Most atheists mock spiritualism whether African or otherwise. Spiritualism isn't enough and it isn't universally known so you still need three examples. What exactly is spiritualism supposed to be?

I don't know these inventions so you're welcome to tell me what they are and provide your evidence for the five of them.

Air Conditioning Unit by Frederick M. Jones July 12, 1949 history told us that he has patent in the invention of refrigerator.

Stethoscope Imhotep Ancient Egypt
(circa 2980 B.C.)

Elevator by Alexander Miles October 11, 1867

Lewis Howard Latimer (1843-1928) A pioneer in the development of the electric light bulb

Rotary Electric Motor Frederick M. Jones June 27, 1939

Typewriter Burridge & Marshman April 7, 1885....... These people are Africans and slave descendant. Even if the eurocentric mentality the western world have programmed you.....you can never know.

The Dogon of Mali have complex and detailed knowledge of the Sirius star system. Detailed illustrations of the solar system were found in cave around egypt...this painting dating 5000 yrs before the european came.

Steel making among the Haya of Tanzania....Research done by Peter Schmidt and Donald Avery discovered that, ‘ 2,000 years ago Africans living on the western shore of Lake Victoria had produced carbon steel in pre-heated forced-draft furnaces, a method that was technologically more sophisticated that any developed in Europe until the mid-nineteenth century.

Ancient Egyptian system of mathematics, probably the most advanced system of mathematics in the world for their time.....Further, the trading nature of Africans required the existence of a numbering system. Evidence of the use of a numbering system in Africa was found on a bone 8000 yrs. old. The Yorubas have a mathematical system which would baffle most mathematicians. This is a system for computation and is very unique because it involves addition, subtraction and multiplication to express one number. It especially relies on subtraction to a very high degree.

The western historian wouldn't tell you that African navigate the world to far reaching china and the so called America....In navigation, Africans built many sophisticated vessels for traveling the Nile and Niger river. These vessels were used to carry out trade between the several empires: between the west coast and Lake Chad, between Mali and the Songhay empires, between Jenné and Timbuktu. The Chinese recorded Africans coming to the Court of China with elephants in such vessels in the thirteenth century. There is evidence that African navigational ingenuity brought them to the Americas before Columbus.

There were other African feats in agricultural science, writing systems, and of course, medical science. The Egyptian Imhotep is the first known medical doctor. African plant medicine involved a complex body of knowledge related to the diagnosis of diseases, anesthetics, antiseptics, and vaccination. African doctors were also well-versed in surgical procedures and techniques. The Bantu used the bark of a plant Salix Capensis to treat musculoskeletal pains. This family of plants yielded salicylic acid the active ingredient in aspirin. In Mali, an effective cure for diarrhea used kaolin, the active ingredient in Kaopectate. African doctors also pioneered the use of herbal treatments in the treatment of psychosis. Many of the herbs used contained tranquilizers. African medical practice have always emphasized holism as a philosophy. Western medicine only now attempting to adopt this philosophy.

More than 1000 inventions were carried on by Africans in the caribbean.....the US law didn't approved this inventions because they weren't recognised as works of human....so they give patent to some and others were covered us in history.

Pick up a book and read. Adams, Van Sertima, Ivan (ed). Blacks in Science: Ancient and Modern......they have distorted your history. You are a colonial boy who have lost your identity and probably forget everything about your ancestry. Don’t get it twisted, most Africans on the continent don’t know much about African history. All they know is the twisted Eurocentric version. School in Africa is still Eurocentered. Our History had been “colonized”, twisted, and re-written. Wake up man.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2013
Dp
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
You've quoted one man who made a highly controversial comment that was dismissed by several of his colleagues - including his own research lab and his research funders - and you proclaim it here repetitively as if it's a widely accepted scientific theory. Are you thick?

If you are an atheist....pls know that I am too. So better take away this foul cry you are forcing into your insultive words if you want me to take you serious.

Where are the evidence that his team mate ridiculed him? You are sounding like christian. No evidence...then you should shut the hell.

Obi1kenobi:
What kind of evidence do you want? Pictures from 100,000 BC? You think the same humans roaming the earth now existed in the age of the dinosaurs? There are tons and tons of literature about evolution around. Educate yourself and quit exposing your ignorance about the subject.

There are lot of literatures on the existence of Adam and Eve. There are many evidence that state moses crossed the red sea. Does that make it fact? No evidence then you saying shite.

Obi1kenobi:
You can educate us if you know any African philosophy in fields of science. As it is, the West is the current bedrock of science - so they naturally dominate. There's a reason all those scientists in your physics and chemistry books are products of Western culture. Instead of your aimless ramblings, educate us on these African philosophies so we can learn.

lol.....how can I educate someone that hardly know his history?

So you dont know African spirituality?

Obi1kenobi:
More aimless rambling.

cry me a river.... Deal with my points or get lost.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
macof:

To the bold- you know this but you were playing dumb when I said "western science" when u knew exactly wat I meant.

Such Criminal attitude

lmao. Some atheist can be so irritating. He accused you for being wrong and he is also insisting that there is 'western science'. Common sense is not common I swear
Re: Atheists are zombies by macof(m): 8:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
9jadelta: could u?

A Babalawo can using the concept of Sango

But of course it's bullpoo cause it's not caucasian poo

Pls am watching Isembaye right now and this Iyanifa has explained Sango many times
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
thehomer:

I didn't know that James Watson's opinion was the end of any discussion on race and intelligence. What you're doing is committing the fallacious appeal to authority because James Watson isn't a professional psychologist and actual psychologists don't accept that conclusion.

Dont take us as fool pls. You cannot speculate something and thing we will eat it. Back your point with fact. Where is the video or article link that the colleague of Dr James renounce his claim?

thehomer:
I wonder if you read the Wikipedia article you linked because it also pointed out:

Folykaze wont fall to the game play on ignoramus. You can quote that to hide your masters.

The project was based on IQ testing and DNA testing. Is there no universal IQ and DNA test again which have to be differentiated among race and ethnic? Guy stop playing on my intelligence.

thehomer:
You really should have read your own source.

IQ and DNA testing is a universal stuff. You cant bend that.

Also I read what is in the link....there is nothing like public renouncing there.

thehomer:
Can you read the article I linked to or do you have a problem with it?

Just like christian would ask me to read bible. For mess sake why do we always dance to tune that If you want to hide something for an African, put it in a book?

You accepted this thing and should be able to defend it. Refering me to a book is not making sense.

MR MAN......I ASKED FOR CONTENT NOT LINK.

thehomer:
How does any other scientific theory insult African intelligence? i.e if African intelligence is actually a coherent concept. If you had read the article you posted, you'll have seen the flaws in that question.

Another lazy no reply. Evolution insulted your ancestors. They were called Ape....they even said your people have low intelligence likely related to that of animal.

thehomer:
How is it junk? When I'm refuting the Christian's opinion, I use facts. Do you want me to teach you biology on an anonymous public forum? You first need to understand what is being discussed. You asked for evidence of evolution, I sent you a link about evidence for evolution and you're complaining. If you find it confusing, just point at the heading you find confusing. I can but the article does a much better job. Don't forget that you also directed me to a Wikipedia article that you apparently didn't read.

Christian : Accept Jesus

Thehomer : why would I.

Christian : He died for your sin

Thehomer : evidence pls

Christian : read the bible.

Is bible an evidence for a reality? Mr man....if you cant provide any evidence just know that you are nothing different from christians.

And stop refering me to a link.....put the content here and lets reveal it. Giving me link is like christian quoting bible to back their point.

thehomer:
Because it was part of the ape lineage.

Meaning we evolved from Ape?

thehomer:
Start wherever you want.

Ape have two chromosomes more than we do. The two chromosomes is not the issue here but the information embedded in these chromosomes.

It is plain from the info on this chromosomes that we are different.

thehomer:
So all I've said is factual yet you're complaining? Rather than complaining, why don't you take the time to actually understand the theory you're failing to criticize?

Stop kidding me. What have you said that s factual? The link or what?
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
thehomer:

What is this? Are you a sockpuppet? I was talking to macof. Are you macof or am I missing something here?

FOLYKAZE is a bad shooter. I will bring you down when I got chance and find out you riding strawman. Sorry
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
thehomer:

Well if the person picks human, then that person is also an ape.

The evidence is in the definition of ape. Follow the link. If you can't, I'll post the introduction here. You can read the entire article.

Are we bacteria? Every complex organism evolved from a bacteria. Why cant we call humans bacteria?

thehomer:
Humans are apes and apes share common ancestry.

Why are there still Apes today?

We shared common ancestor. Who is this common ancestor?
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
Mr Troll: lol, as if that somehow makes it less oyinbo.

Lol. Purchase change the ownership of a commodity to hand of the buyer in as much payment is cleared.

Mr Troll: if it is a theory from western scientist nko? That makes it a problem how?

The problem is eurocentric mentality and inferiorty mindset of Atheist pushing toward the west. Darwin said this, it is this in america, we should do like this because us.....that is the most common thing Africans vomit.

Mr Troll: I have utmost respect for any invention and scientific discovery whether african or western...

I appreciate and respect that.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
thehomer:

No problem.

Thanks for waiting bro.

thehomer:

Actually, they didn't. They felt the effects of gravity and could carry out some actions with it but forming the theory and demonstrating the mathematical relationships wasn't first done by Africans. You can read up more on it here. The fact that Africans weren't first to the table doesn't mean that whatever non-Africans observed was wrong.

@ the bold indicate you are a typical white men slave. You have shown us how deep your inferiority mentality is.

Who said other discovery among other people is wrong?

thehomer:

Is this guy smoking cracky? You said atheist are mocking spiritualism but you dont know what spiritualism is so you got to ask me after you made claim on it.......wtf

thehomer:

Mungo Park made some important discoveries there whether you like it or not. You really seem hung up on Mungo Park. How many Africans bothered to take the time to trace the complete route of the river and write about it?

words of a colonial boy. Smh. Africa have a long way to go with this kind of mentality

Do Yoruba people know Odo Oya before Park came?

thehomer:

Your quote still doesn't make the theory of evolution false. Even if Darwin ate three babies a day and drank the blood of pregnant women, those things won't make his theory wrong. What would make his theory wrong is if the real world didn't work the way he proposed. That is what you should be addressing rather than committing the ad hominem fallacy. You're merely saying that Darwin was a bad man so we shouldn't accept the theory of evolution. But that is a fallacious line of argument.

I am not expecting something different from this. Your ancestors, heritage, history, culture, person, People and world was insulted but you cant do anything than lick it since it from white man.

Grooving with fela song......kolo mentality. As it is in christiandom so it is in Nairaland atheisticdom
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2013
thehomer:

Lol. I cant help but laugh at this ignorance you are displaying everywhere.

The egyptians invented the dating system in relation with solar system. Is it perfect or not?

Several ancient African cultures birthed discoveries in astronomy. The Dogon in Mali documented Sirius before the european came. Many of these are foundations on which we still rely, and some were so advanced that their mode of discovery still cannot be understood. Egyptians charted the movement of the sun and constellations and the cycles of the moon. They divided the year into 12 parts and developed a yearlong calendar system containing 365 ¼ days. Clocks were made with moving water and sundial-like clocks were used. A structure known as the African Stonehenge in present-day Kenya (constructed around 300 B.C.) was a remarkably accurate calendar. Need I remember you the great pyramid and it relativeness with astronomical references? And you said Africans do not know moon and it tide. You are an embarrassment to Black race.

Where did we get it wrong Mother Africa? Ignorance is killing your children
Re: Atheists are zombies by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
macof:

A Babalawo can using the concept of Sango

But of course it's bullpoo cause it's not caucasian poo

Pls am watching Isembaye right now and this Iyanifa has explained Sango many times
what r u talking about? :-/
is sango a scientific theory or ur delusion? do I have to be a babalawo to bend thunder? do I have to be a scientists to connect two wires together to divert electricity?
can u bend thunder or turn it to electricity?
if yes, prove it and tell us how u did it or commercialise it. if no, shut the Bleep up
Re: Atheists are zombies by ManhunterTM(m): 9:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
So Mr President has left the thread so that the zombies can eat each others head......... classic
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
9jadelta: what r u talking about? :-/
is sango a scientific theory or ur delusion? do I have to be a babalawo to bend thunder? do I have to be a scientists to connect two wires together to divert electricity?
can u bend thunder or turn it to electricity?
if yes, prove it and tell us how u did it or commercialise it. if no, shut the Bleep up

Science is not only compatible with spiritualism; it is the profound source of science - carl sagan.

How do you understand that quote pls?
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
Manhunter™:
So Mr President has left the thread so that the zombies can eat each others head......... classic

lol. This is an educative stream. We are learning bro. I thought of creating a thread for this....but 'na here he take me us and it went far already'. No vex if we derailed your thread.
Re: Atheists are zombies by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Science is not only compatible with spiritualism; it is the profound source of science - carl sagan.

How do you understand that quote pls?
well, that depends on ur own definition of spiritualism.
telling me that sango could bend thunder without proof or hypothesis is bull poo anti science
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
9jadelta: well, that depends on ur own definition of spiritualism.

What is spiritualism.... Lets start there. And correlate your definition with the quote.

9jadelta: telling me that sango could bend thunder without proof or hypothesis is bull poo anti science

who said Sango a human that will blend thunder?

I cant type again abeg. My fingers are hurting me here and I need some rest for the long day.

Sango is Electrical charge as explained on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1486568/plain-concept-eledumare-orisas-reality#19001043 .

You know electrical charged caused lightening and thunder. It is will human that manipulate and device it. I think this is complex though.

Also go on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1556154/sango-electrical-energy.a-debate-btw . The points are debated base on questions asked. We got them there. I dont want to go in endless circle
Re: Atheists are zombies by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
^
have already gone thru the thread
still doesn't answer my question
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
9jadelta: ^
have already gone thru the thread
still doesn't answer my question

Answer my question abeg. And your question is incoherent......sango is not human being.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Video : Watch Tb Joshua's Prophecy On Brussel Attack / Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? / @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.