Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. (2214 Views)

Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday / Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by phantom(m): 7:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
geeez:

Whining as usual as your name suggests

Was it done in the healing river?
my friend google professor MAC aghaji and stop making a big f.ool of yourself! If you people are not called out Now,tomorrow you ll claim to be the first to perform heart surgeries.funny lot.
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by agbameta: 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
phantom: my friend google professor MAC aghaji and stop making a big f.ool of yourself! If you people are not called out Now,tomorrow you ll claim to be the first to perform heart surgeries.funny lot.

Unfortunately for you villagers, this is not about your alhaji and and his village clinic, the topic says (Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics..)

Do you have your own Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. ? to show us? if not, keep your alhaji to yourself...
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
phantom: my friend google professor MAC aghaji and stop making a big f.ool of yourself! If you people are not called out Now,tomorrow you ll claim to be the first to perform heart surgeries.funny lot.
Why must you low life motherfu.ckers always assume others are competing with you? Who the fvck is professor alhaji? And what the fvck has he got to do with this thread?
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
Chamackh: When it comes to world class human resources, you don't take it away from Ndi Igbo. I wouldn't bother to argue with you cos I know you don't like anything from the East of niger.
The rant of a deluded chest beater .... Okay ibos are the best, infact it is the ibos that created the heavens and the earth
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by MayorofLagos(m): 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
KIRIJI: Why must you low life motherfu.ckers always assume others are competing with you? Who the fvck is professor alhaji? And what the fvck has he got to do with this thread?

Cause they carry small pr.ic.ks. They cant swing and bob it like we do. The physical disadvantage manifests itself into psychological deficiency. They are preoccupied with a constant urge to measure up to Yoruba.
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by Chamackh(m): 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
We don't compete with others, we compete with ourselves. Open heart surgery was performed first in Nigeria in early 70's by Prof Martin Aghaji at UNTH.

1 Like

Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by Walexz02(m): 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
geeez:

Whining as usual as your name suggests

Was it done in the healing river?
wtf! you don finish this guy; D
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by MayorofLagos(m): 10:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
Chamackh: We don't compete with others, we compete with ourselves. Open heart surgery was performed first in Nigeria in early 70's by Prof Martin Aghaji at UNTH.

This thread is not about who was the first in Nigeria to perform the procedure of open heart surgery. This is talking about the arrival of "advanced" heart procedures in Ibadan.

Advanced is key! Who knows what that means, maybe its no longer acceptable to open the chest if other more controlled procedires deliver greater benefits? ..but even in the field of "advanced procedure", Ibadan will now hold that "first" title you are branding. In which case the Enugu procedure can be properly ascribed as "basic" heart procedure.

No need to go back and forth, this is about Ibadan.
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by agbameta: 10:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

This thread is not about who was the first in Nigeria to perform the procedure of open heart surgery. This is talking about the arrival of "advanced" heart procedures in Ibadan.

Advanced is key! Who knows what that means, maybe its no longer acceptable to open the chest if other more controlled procedires deliver greater benefits? ..but even in the field of "advanced procedure", Ibadan will now hold that "first" title you are branding. In which case the Enugu procedure can be properly ascribed as "basic" heart procedure.

Their ignorance, low self esteem and insecurities betrays them all the time.
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by Chamackh(m): 10:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Just read up what you wrote again, so UNTH is not advancing right? Just laughing at your submission.
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by Chamackh(m): 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
In as much as I acknowledge the development, let us not distort what other has been doing for ages. Heart surgery has been going on since 70's till date at UNTH.
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by agbameta: 10:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
Chamackh: Just read up what you wrote again, so UNTH is not advancing right? Just laughing at your submission.

We don't know and if you have anything to support that assertion like I did with this topic and it's content, , please share it with us. Hearsay and worthless word of mouth is nothing and absolutely meaningless..

Curb your insecurities or put your money where you mouth is..
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by geeez: 10:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
eaglechild:
No need to pull out stats from your azz to make yourself feel good, the fact that you are celebrating a bunch of expatriates coming to do some surgical procedures that have been indigenously performed in the 70s says it all.

Well the expats will work in places where the facilities are available

Not in theaters where they have to dip their patients in dirty water
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by Chamackh(m): 11:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
I can see brood of vipers minajing the kekemuke via dis atyma tee.
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by MayorofLagos(m): 11:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
Chamackh: Just read up what you wrote again, so UNTH is not advancing right? Just laughing at your submission.

I think you missed the point. Progress is relative. Enugu, im sure has advanced research in all its fields. The bottomline here is this thread is not comparing who is first in nigeria or who is more advanced in nigeria - this thread is saying this procedure is in Ibadan.

What is your problem with that? You dont want Ibadan to have advanced heart procedure?
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by MayorofLagos(m): 11:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
Chamackh: In as much as I acknowledge the development, let us not distort what other has been doing for ages. Heart surgery has been going on since 70's till date at UNTH.

Yorubas here are focused on their homeland and dissociated from Nigeria. UNTH is not in Yorubaland, why would Yoruba praise what is not theirs? Thats your job in East to do. Open a thread and celebrate what UNTH has done since 70s. I think that will be good patriotism to your land.
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by Adamskuty(m): 11:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
geeez:

One of the works of nature powered by erosion has become a shrine of sorts

You can imagine how dirty the water will be and with all sorts of secretions inside it

And yet people will still troop there to fetch the water and bottle as Cough Syrup, Paracetamol, Septrin etc

I won't be surprised if one finds its way into the 2x2 'chemist' store owned by Sunny Bobo

While progressive people are building hospitals, others are discovering streams
crack da ribs grin grin grin
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by taharqa: 7:35am On Dec 19, 2013
taharqa: Another Evidence of GEJ steady TRANSFORMATION and UPGRADE of Federal Health Centres in Nigeria. It is also becoming Evident here in UBTH, Benin, where amongst others d 1st SSS Bone marrow transfer in West Africa... Kudos to all those involved in this endeavour
Let me quote this again for effect oo cheesy .... By d way, I watched on NTA News, 11 Open Heart surgeries been done yesterday at UNTH, in a theatre almost as sophisticated as this. The development is moving everywhere, courtesy of GEJ. Let me repeat so dat sm people here may get a heart attack and be operated in one of these Sophisticated Heart theatres grin: because of GEJ
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by ketoprofen(m): 5:41pm On Dec 20, 2013
geeez: I could have sworn it was a theatre at John Hopkins

Impressive

If I say its in our DNA ...

Anyway lemme just let it pass

Unth Enugu is the force to reckon with in open heart surgeries in Nigeria.
Take heart
Re: Advanced Heart Procedures Come To Ibadan. Pics.. by ketoprofen(m): 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2013
Chamackh: We don't compete with others, we compete with ourselves. Open heart surgery was performed first in Nigeria in early 70's by Prof Martin Aghaji at UNTH.
I remember prof aghaji!
I give it to Unth for Cardio thoracic surgeries
I give it to UCH Ibadan for radiotherapy.
I give it to UBTH for Bone marrow surgeries

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Was The Ultimate Beneficiary Of Bola Ige's & Funsho William's Deaths? / Osun Election Results / Obiano’s Economic Programmes Attract $382m Investments To Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.