Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria (18169 Views)

The 5 Most Expensive Places To Live In Abuja / Easter Holiday And Tours In Ghana / The Ten Worst Places To Live In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Papilo87(m): 10:41am On Dec 18, 2013
As the year ends many people will obviously look at interesting ways to take off the rest and rejuvenate for another work year.

Whether you are in business for yourself or a career individual working in an organisation if you are taking some days off this year end here are some interesting places you could check out for your holidays as complied by the Ngcareers Blog

1. Ibeno Beach

One of the numerous fine beaches in Nigeria is the Ibeno Beach in Akwa lbom State. A lover of water sport finds the Beach which stretches to James town on the Atlantic most inviting.

2. Rojenny Tourist Village

Rojenny Tourist Village is in Anambra State, just at the outskirts of Onitsha market town. Rojenny Village is one of the leading tourist resorts in Nigeria. Among the many attractions of the village are amusement park, joy rides and sporting/relaxation facilities

3. Yankari National Park

Yankari National Park has become the most developed Wildlife park in Nigeria with a lot of attractions for visitors. The park is famous for its variety of animals available for viewing round the year, though the animals are better watched between November and May period of the dry season when the animals converge around the Gaji River, Baboons, Waterbucks, Elephants, Crocodiles, Bushbucks, Duikers, Warthogs, Hippopotamus are among the anirnals commonly seen at the park.

4. Obudu Cattle Ranch

Obudu Cattle Ranch is located in Cross River Slate towards the Nigeria-Cameroon border in the South-East. The Ranch is over 1,524m, has temperate weather condition to ensure green vegetation and grazing of cattle round the year. The Ranch is a tourist delight as a result of its divergent attractions. There are a natural swimming pool, horse riding, beautiful waterfall to behold, gorilla camp, bird watching, sporting facilities and accommodation.

5. Agbokim Waterfalls

Some short distance away from the Nigeria-Cameroon border is the very captivating sight called Agbokim Waterfalls. The Falls situated in Cross River State lies less than 30km from Ikom and is highly recommended for picnics. The falls are pleasantly surrounded by green vegetation.

6. Mbari Cultural Centres

The home of Mbari sculptural houses. These sculptures are robust art manifestations of the prevalent social life and a monumental art sacrifice to “ALA” the earth goodness. In Mbari, Imo State there are very many objects like the terrorising beast, the plastic forms of symbols of the prevalent deities among which is the “ALA” herself, the Amadioha (Thunder god), the Ogwugwu (forest god) each deity with his or her mystical messengers such as snakes, monkeys, rams, tortoise and owl are properly represented. A number of symbolic models were sculptured or painted. These sculptures reflect the lgbo aesthetics. The Mbari Cultural Centre is an open air museum and found in Ikenegbu layout Owerri and at Eke-Nguru in Aboh Mbaise.

7. Oguta Lake Holiday Complex

The holiday complex situates in Oguta local government Area of Imo State about 40km (forty kilometres) away from Owerri, the Capital of Imo State. The lake is qf fresh water and the second largest natural lake in thecountry after lake Chad. To complement the complex water-based recreation services, there are other interesting attractions to watch.

These include:
(a) Golf Course with 18 standard international holes.
(b) Relic of war (mini bunker) constructed by the defunct Biafran Navy during Civic war.
(c) Natural confluence of Oguta Lake and Urashi River.
(d) Cruise boat services.
(e) Golf Club Bar House/Oguta Lake Motel for refreshment, lodging and feeding.
(f) Mini-children recreation park

8. Ososo Tourist Centre

Ososo town, on the boundary between Edo and Kogi States, is hilly and rocky. It lies about 40 kilometres from Igarra and 200 kilometres from Benin city in Edo State, The rocks and hills present a beau tiful scenery. There is a non-catering Rest House on top of a hill at Ososo, which grants a wide view of parts of Kogi State to as far as the Niger. From the Rest House can be seen some distance away a crater take with colourful fishes. An amusement park is being developed as part of the resort which has tem- perate weather for long periods in the year.

9. Ezeagu Tourist Complex

A half-hour drive from the burstling capital city of Enugu State is the Ezeagu Tourist Complex. The complex exhibits one of the natural wonders of nature. Measuring about 22 hectares in size, it comprises a lake, a cave and a waterfall (spring water). Its splendour is expressed by the almost 5 kilome tres long Obinofia cave whose sheer size and compartments is awe-striking.

The surrounding scape is a marriage of various land forms with unique weather condition and exo- tic vegetation. The cave has several tunnels branching out in different directions. Some of the tunnels are inter-connected, often opening up into largechambers which are two to three high and up to ten metres wide.

10. Abraka River Resort, Abraka

Located in the quiet University Town of Abraka, this Motel is ideal for those who want to escape the noise and tension of city/urban life. Hence guests can swim, boat, sport-fishor simply bask in the warm sun.on the exquisite sand-beach as the glass- clear Ethiope River flows lazily by. There are also lawn tennis, squash rackets and badminton courts as well as a children’s playground.

source: Nigeria's top Career Blog

4 Likes

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by enet1(m): 8:38am On Dec 19, 2013
I quite agree wit ur list to a certain extent esp dt of obudu,oguta lake,yankari etc but i tink ur list is incomplete without u putin idanre hill,ikogosi water spring(where cold n hot water meet at a point),erin ijesha waterfall.if u av ever been to any of dia places,its a wonder ro behold and itz a rare gift dt ds places r found in Nigeria.so OP,update ur list

14 Likes

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by nairamaverick(m): 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
nice write up op

this should be in the travel section tho
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Ezedon(m): 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
BOKO HARAM camp in BORNO

12 Likes

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by dapsoneh: 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ok na
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Prowizy2(m): 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
OP, You Forgot Orimiri Jordan River/Water Fall in Enugu

3 Likes

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Snoggy(m): 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
Where is Olumo Rock on that list? angry The best tourist site in the entire west! grin

3 Likes

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Sylvarresta(m): 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
Wat of shehu palace in Maiduguri? Its also an interesting scene...... Only if u have extra life...u knw wat I mean.

1 Like

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by christejames(m): 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
This is what we want, lets develop our own tourist centres. Not always Dubai, yankee, jo'burg which are cities just like Nigeria cities (although small difference dey sha). The Kenyans are making it big through tourism we can do better.

1 Like

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Adamskuty(m): 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ezedon: BOKO HARAM camp in BORNO
bros,is that u on ur dp? I swear,i could easily mistake u for a boko haram member,look at ur lips like fowl yansh,ur nose flat like football field grin grin grin
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Inyanga(m): 4:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
Front page tinz
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Cynthia29: 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2013
Rojenny tourist village? @op you should update your knowledge before posting misleading information here

2 Likes

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Ezebuola(m): 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2013
Yo won Sightsee, yo nor go villa?
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Sagytarius(m): 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
Peel Abraka River Resort komot from ur list. Its living in past glory.
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Erotex(m): 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
Niceday pals

1 Like

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by ooshinibos: 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
PICTURES PLEASE PICTURES

2 Likes

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Lilimax(f): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
Nice write up.
Will explore the ones I can.

But I'll never forget my experience in Abraka beach?
I almost got drowned in that beach many years ago when my faculty went
the beach to catch fun when I was in Uniben.
It was not fun at all sad
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by nnocurruption: 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2013
No fine place for Yoruba land?
No fine place for Boko haram land?

Yoruba and Hausa land na dry land nothing to offer Nigeria no fine place no oil no fine people believe it or not the Igbos are the most beautiful people in Nigeria and someday I believe their Biafra dream will come true and people will be jostling to get a visa to Biafra because its gono be one of the world's power.
I am from south south by the way.

I am not an Igbo person.

4 Likes

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by ebamma(m): 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
Kwa falls in aningeje akamkpa should be up there
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Cubeet: 5:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by amiskurie(m): 5:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
that's smh....u left some part of the country.

what were u thinking?!....
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Cubeet: 5:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lilimax: Nice write up.
Will explore the ones I can.

But I'll never forget my experience in Abraka beach?
I almost got drowned in that beach many years ago when my faculty went
the beach to catch fun when I was in Uniben.
It was not fun at all sad

dont try to swim if you cant swim.
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Dhortunn(m): 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by delegiwa(m): 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2013
e-net:
I quite agree wit ur list to a certain extent esp dt of obudu,oguta lake,yankari etc but i tink ur list is incomplete without u putin idanre hill,ikogosi water spring(where cold n hot water meet at a point),erin ijesha waterfall.if u av ever been to any of dia places,its a wonder ro behold and itz a rare gift dt ds places r found in Nigeria.so OP,update ur list

Did my Youth Service at Akure and we the corpers took a trip to Ikogosi. I must say it was one of my best sightseeing trip ever!!!

1 Like

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
A whole country the size of Texas only Yankari and Obudu are tourist destinations? No wonder any plane coming to Nigeria is always filled with black people and to other countries whites!

2 Likes

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Sagytarius(m): 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
Watching masquerades at the market square is the bomb! No better sight-seeing than that.

1 Like

Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by saymax(f): 5:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
No. 8 is my lovely hometown. Feel free 2 visit dere. D pple r hospitable. Deres a carnival starting frm 27th-30th. I can't say more. Visit once guarantee to visit twice. Land so fresh n greeen.
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by mitey(m): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
No pictures?? undecided
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ezedon: BOKO HARAM camp in BORNO
Please learn to appreciate your country. People like you are pulling down our dear country and still criticized it again.
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by bizbrainko: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
7. Oguta Lake Holiday Complex

The holiday complex situates in Oguta local government Area of Imo State about 40km (forty kilometres) away from Owerri, the Capital of Imo State. The lake is qf fresh water and the second largest natural lake in thecountry after lake Chad. To complement the complex water-based recreation services, there are other interesting attractions to watch.

These include:
(a) Golf Course with 18 standard international holes.
(b) Relic of war (mini bunker) constructed by the defunct Biafran Navy during Civic war.
(c) Natural confluence of Oguta Lake and Urashi River.
(d) Cruise boat services.
(e) Golf Club Bar House/Oguta Lake Motel for refreshment, lodging and feeding.
(f) Mini-children recreation park

I remember my days in Imo state, my mom will take me along to this lake every Easter Monday...I love this lake so much.
Re: Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2013
e-net:

true! Ada-Osun as well and Owu water falls. Beautiful places.
Ooo...how can i forget Olumo rock?!!
Zuma rock and kwa falls....those places are supercool too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bullion Van In Lafia Kills 2, Injures JAMB Candidates (Photo) / Speeding Vehicle Kills DELSU Female Student In Delta State. Photos / Sanwo-Olu Sympathises With Victims Of Ikeja Train, BRT Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.