Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! (13264 Views)

Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed / Car Parking Position. Neutral Or On Gear? / The Parking Lot At The American University Of Dubai! (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Bebetter: 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hello people, first of all i'll like to advice everyone to be a little bit more security conscious/vigilant this xmas season, because there are lots of people (men/women inclusive) wey dey vex for streets, lurking around town looking for who to mug, rip off, scam, stick-up... etc. Don't be so comfortable to leave your phone on a bank counter/cinema cupholder, park your car in an unknown/secluded area, sleep of in the bus with valuables on you, leave your gate unlocked till late at night.... etc. just shine your eye because these streets dey vex oh! seriously!

Ok. so last three weeks, a colleague at my office resigned. So a few of us her friends decided to do a TGIF/Send-off for her at "Beerhugz cafe" at ikeja City mall. This was Friday 29th November. We were there from evening time and really had a blast, we partied and danced till some of us started leaving one by one. I left at about a little past ten o'clock. My guy "J" & another of our colleague "chi" left later after us. Now the story i heard on monday when i came to work was that:

When they left to their car, (picanto) j found it very difficult getting the car door to open with the key, the drivers door seemed jammed. He now had to go through the passenger side only to discover that the car had been ransacked! both their bags gone! with LAPTOPS inside, all work, deliverables, jobs, gone! Ol'boy, i hear say my guy para. Chi just dey cry. He now went to the security guys, since they noticed a cctv camera was facing their car. But to j's utter chagrin the security were just responding lack lustre, refusing to show them the footage or do anything! saying he should go and bring police report, that it's not the first time something like that is happening, that he should take it easy, WHAT!! Ol'boy naim my guy para (hulk style angry ) wan fight all the security, possibly break person head. That's when they now agreed to go and look at the footage. Bottomline the thing was blurred... can you imagine? they could see what was going on oh. three guys. one was patrolling while the other two were doing the act but the whole footage was blurred and dark.... so what the heck is the essence of the stupid camera!? omo till today nothing. nothing oh! them don go do police report everything but no recovery, no nothing.... abeg what dyou guys have to say about this. nairaland

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Exponental(m): 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
Bebetter: This was Friday 31st November.
u are really vexing, sorry!
Friday was 29th n there is no 31st in November.
On d odahand....... Noted! Thanx!!

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Bebetter: 4:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
Anyways, i know.it was the last friday.of november, i.must have mixed up the date because it was payday. I just assumed it was 31st. Guy, d.thing pain me.for my guy oh. Person go keep him thing jeje another person go just come carry am. Na wa.o

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Bebetter: 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
Moderator.pls make this frontpage.for.security reasons!

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Bebetter: 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
people!
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
Guy, no vex.
Awon boys don come carry their Christmas share.
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by nairaman66(m): 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
Combined Squad if you ask me! grin
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Kayshai: 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2013
Boys ain't smiling cry
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 20, 2013
boy dey para,dey must flex dis xmas.
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by olojuede01: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
This is a job for Jack Bauer...
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by checkdate(m): 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
SORRY BROO.
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
Op, this happened @ Ikeja City Mall?
Everything seems to be wrong with the way we operate in this nation.
Imagine security guys telling that man that it's not the 1st occurence. Imagine, the CCTV footage was blurred.
Smh!

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by wildchild1: 3:59pm On Dec 20, 2013
.Have always said it,there is no proper security at Ikeja Shopping Mall,can you imagine again,blurred images?like seriously?Even the two entrances,no security,the only place you"ll see police officers is down the road of the 2nd entrance. why cant security be at both entrances?
Thats why i dont go there with a car during the weekend especially friday and saturday because of the crowd

@op...im sorry for your colleague but i dont think anything can be done since the only means of help is "blurred"
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by bitterpenis(m): 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
Pelle
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by ogwomba(m): 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
front page thing
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by mrphysics(m): 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
shine ur eyes,teeth,nose because THIS IS NIGERAI,ANYTN CAN HAPPEN @ ANY TIME, EVEN SECURITY IS CORRUPT

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by ruemu(m): 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
Men thank God ur friend car was not stolen.. Those that Have lost a car will understand...
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Nikapetrelli(f): 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
Dat is serious.Peeps u always got to be security concious
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Gee001: 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
Oya no vex again. Sorry
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by geeez: 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
That's why I detest hanging out on the mainland

You could park your car at the Palms Mall for days and come back to meet it intact

ICM's parking lot isn't well lit and is always crowded. I think they should consider illuminating the area more intensely and getting their security guys to patrol instead of just staying by the entrance sorting out guys looking for a space to park
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Vicjay1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
One. Even here in benin xame tin happened @ car wash opposite kada cinema. Boys are not smilling.
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by fckmn24seg(m): 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Exponental:
u are really vexing, sorry!
Friday was 29th n there is no 31st in November.
On d odahand....... Noted! Thanx!!

You were trying to fool proof the date, by so doing fooled your self, be more matured.
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by wildchild1: 4:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
geeez: That's why I detest hanging out on the mainland

You could park your car at the Palms Mall for days and come back to meet it intact

ICM's parking lot isn't well lit and is always crowded. I think they should consider illuminating the area more intensely and getting their security guys to patrol instead of just staying by the entrance sorting out guys looking for a space to park
y

Its not about mainland or island,we"ve heard cases of stolen vehicles at the almighty Oriental Hotel before...the most important thing is for security to be everywhere and be functioning properly

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by kambili999(f): 4:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
eyaaaaa... Chai
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by pappilo(m): 4:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
wild child: y

Its not about mainland or island,we"ve heard cases of stolen vehicles at the almighty Oriental Hotel before...the most important thing is for security to be everywhere and be functioning properly

Abi o
A serving Lagos state commssioner was kidnapped right there in front of Four Seasons Hotel on the Island.

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by stede(m): 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
wild child: y

It's very obvious that there is high rate of crime on mainland.
Thou the fact is that no place is safe in Nigeria (security wise) except the Nigerian army barracks
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by segzicres(m): 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2013
Na wa o, I usually stay there late at night n tbh

How Did You Choose Your First Car? / Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. / Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3