Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" (1359 Views)

OMG: Pictures Of A Nigerian Girl Proposing To Her Boyfriend / Woman Slams Guitar On Proposing Boyfriend's Face (photos) / Picture Of A Girl On Her Knees Proposing To A Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by 1one: 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
So maybe this topic has been discussed here before, but for the benefit of the refreshingly new guests and loggers we have here on a daily basis,please indulge this question one more time-WHY DO MOST GUYS get on their KNEES to propose. Seriously,this is not one of those other mock questions that nairalanders are known to ask...I really do want to know the reason and if possible the historical origin to the act of a man proposing on his knees to his would-be wife.

What makes that posture more potent or what invalidates anyother posture like standing straight,jumping,or rolling on the floor or just mere sitting.
Re: The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by AAlozie(m): 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
No be wetin una learn from foreign movies?

1 Like

Re: The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by PrincessB1(f): 10:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
nd wats rong in dat?
Re: The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by lequatee(m): 11:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
PrincessB1: nd wats rong in dat?

hello swiri, please read the question again. thanks
Re: The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by Exponental(m): 12:45am On Aug 30, 2014
Ladies like been cajoled/fooled, tagged "romantic".
I never did it......
Re: The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by tpia1: 12:49am On Aug 30, 2014
not a nigerian thing although some nigerians do it.
Re: The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by tpia1: 12:52am On Aug 30, 2014

1 Like

Re: The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by tpia1: 12:54am On Aug 30, 2014
Re: The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by tpia1: 12:54am On Aug 30, 2014
Re: The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by PrincessB1(f): 7:14am On Aug 30, 2014
lequatee:

hello swiri, please read the question again. thanks
I knw wat am saying dear, Its an ancient phenomena, and it show sign of honour and respect to the lady as it shows how the man offers himself whole heartedly to the woman he cherished. Is anytn rong in dat?
Re: The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by lequatee(m): 4:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
PrincessB1: I knw wat am saying dear, Its an ancient phenomena, and it show sign of honour and respect to the lady as it shows how the man offers himself whole heartedly to the woman he cherished. Is anytn rong in dat?

hey swt, you just answered the original question posed by the op but then you are asking another question. i know it Nigerian to use a question to answer a question but lets try to stop it k? xoxo, cheers.

#just saying
Re: The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by Jarchi(m): 5:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
When u are really in need of sumfin u knee to pray after getting it the later knees to have u back,my perspective though,dat prayer is fictional
Re: The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by obiscolly(m): 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
It's not really necessary to kneel. There are a thousand and one ways to propose to a lady. But i guess kneeling makes it hard for her lady to say no grin
Re: The Reason For The "Proposing-posture" by PrincessB1(f): 6:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
[quote
author=lequatee]

hey swt, you just answered the original question posed by the op but
then you are asking another question. i know it Nigerian to use a
question to answer a question but lets try to stop it k? xoxo, cheers.

#just saying[/quote] Tnx ...ayaf hear

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Like Most About Your Partner? / How To Stay Friends With Your Ex / The Good Bad And The Ugly See Gobbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.