Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Christains ,i Need You Here Please. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christains ,i Need You Here Please. (942 Views)

Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin / Plz Christains I Need An Answer / Why Christains Should Not Use The Niv Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christains ,i Need You Here Please. by MissyB1(m): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2008
Please i need someone to CLEARLY explain to me
1-the difference between being PRAYERFUL AND GOD FEARING
2-Does d fact that you're prayerful mean you are God fearing?
That should be all for now,later i'll come back with more ques

PS:Atheists please dnt bother stopping by.thanks!!
Re: Christains ,i Need You Here Please. by kolaoloye(m): 5:55pm On Jul 31, 2008
Prayer is just a key to unlock things from the spirit realm into the physical. It has little to do with religion.

God fearing is an act (commitment to the will of God)It is a kind of relationship you develop with God whereby,
no matter your situation His will still remains your priority.

When you are praying,you are full of expectation whereas commitment is awaiting Gods request/need.
In order words if you are a God fearing person you are expected to be prayerful as well, so that as you are
giving you are also receiving.

The facts remains that not everybody that prays well that has good relationship with God.Praying is not enough reason
for someone to be called righteous. The fact that a monkey prays does not make monkey righteous.
Don't forget that we have many wolves in sheeps clothing
Re: Christains ,i Need You Here Please. by rampant(f): 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2008
kola oloye:

Prayer is just a key to unlock things from the spirit realm into the physical. It has little to do with religion.

God fearing is an act (commitment to the will of God)It is a kind of relationship you develop with God whereby,
no matter your situation His will still remains your priority.

When you are praying,you are full of expectation whereas commitment is awaiting Gods request/need.
In order words if you are a God fearing person you are expected to be prayerful as well, so that as you are
giving you are also receiving

The facts remains that not everybody that prays well that has good relationship with God.Praying is not enough reason
for someone to be called righteous. The fact that a monkey prays does not make monkey righteous.
Don't forget that we have many wolves in sheeps clothing

thank u my brother smiley
Re: Christains ,i Need You Here Please. by MissyB1(m): 6:05pm On Jul 31, 2008
RAMP
no need to say thank yhu yet what he said nd what yhu said aren't same.
I NEVER SAID GOD FEARING PPLE AREN'T XPECTED TO BE PRAYERFUL.

KOLA
one more ques please
CAN SOME1 BECOME GOD FEARING SIMPLY BCUSS HE OR SHE PRAYS?

RAMP,DAT WAS WAT D ARGUMENT WAS ABT.
Re: Christains ,i Need You Here Please. by rampant(f): 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2008
read well madam hmmmm and stop rushing wt replies when you're not sure of what you're replying

the thank u i mean was if u read inbtw the lines of what kola replied u will see that ,prayer brings out and betters  the fear of God in u,now whos not on d right track here?me or u?

KOLA
one more ques please
CAN SOME1 BECOME GOD FEARING SIMPLY BCUSS HE OR SHE PRAYS?

you're not asking a question u know,rather you're trying to make people see things from your own view,now that is not a question

i leave u to ur thread,bye bye
Re: Christains ,i Need You Here Please. by Gonorrhea(m): 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2008
rampant:

read well madam hmmmm and stop rushing wt replies when you're not sure of what you're replying

the thank u i mean was if u read inbtw the lines of what kola replied u will see that ,prayer brings out and betters the fear of God in u,now whos not on d right track here?me or u?

you're not asking a question u know,rather you're trying to make people see things from your own view,now that is not a question

i leave u to your thread,bye bye

obirin mewa!!
always at the centre of controversy or wherever things are boiling! grin
Re: Christains ,i Need You Here Please. by MissyB1(m): 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2008
Ramp
is der realli any need gettin over worked cuss of a minor arguement.
im not trynna get anyone say what i feel nd mst every disagreement lead to sweat?
if m not clear on any issue i ve every ryte to ask a ques.
Re: Christains ,i Need You Here Please. by rampant(f): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2008
Gonorrhea:

obirin mewa!!
always at the centre of controversy or wherever things are boiling! grin

egbe enue dake jare  angry grin

@missyb

i aint worked out over nothing,if i were i would have still be arguing wt u,but no im not interested in any argument

you're free to ask questions my dear,we all ask qstions when smthings aint clear to us,but there is a diff between asking questions and imposing your view on people

but like i said earlier on,ask ,nobody knows it all,i don't know it all,so y should i get worked up because you're asking questions?naaaa

hope u get replies u want,ciao

@gonorrhea

u na every thread i dey u dey pursue me abi? okunrin mewa like u  grin
Re: Christains ,i Need You Here Please. by Gonorrhea(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2008
rampant:

egbe enue dake jare angry grin
u na every thread i dey u dey pursue me abi? okunrin mewa like u grin

okunrin mewa ati obinrin mewa deserve ara won naw!

ekuro la la ba ku ewa!! grin

dang, my yoruba is off the chains, my mum gonna be impressed wen i hit naija xmas! grin
Re: Christains ,i Need You Here Please. by ifyalways(f): 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2008
Missy B:

Please i need someone to CLEARLY explain to me
1-the difference between being PRAYERFUL AND GOD FEARING
2-Does d fact that you're prayerful mean you are God fearing?
That should be all for now,later i'll come back with more ques

PS:Atheists please dnt bother stopping by.thanks!!
let me try.
Prayerful=you have the praying spirit,u love to pray.u commuicate with God steady.
God-fearing=You have the fear of God in you.Either cos of the way u were brought up ie by Xtian parents or the enviroment u grew up in,at times u might be tempted to sin but u wud inwardly remember one phrase that ur mum used to hammer to ur head and u wud be forced to refrain.U know right from wrong,u try so much to abstain from evil.
Being prayerful does not necessarily make one God fearing neither does being God-fearing make one prayerful.Do we even pray as we ought to do?some of us pray daily ONLY for ourselves or when we are in difficulties,is that being prayerful?methinks both are "works"
the pharisees and sadducess are good examples.They keep the law,pay their tithes and are prayerful.what did Jesus say? wink
Re: Christains ,i Need You Here Please. by MissyB1(m): 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2008
Thanks for d xplanation.M gettin smwhere.
Re: Christains ,i Need You Here Please. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 01, 2008
Depends on the angle you view it from. Here is my own opinion.

God fearing in the biblical sense - Total obedience to God, complete surrender to His will and the whole hearted desire to deny oneself that God alone might be glorified in our words, thoughts and deeds.

Being prayerful is a completely different story. A God fearing man MUST NEEDS be prayerful as prayer is the most important route to direct communication with God. A "prayerful" man on the other hand is not necessarily Godfearing, a fearful man can pray because he is afraid of travelling on Nigeria's bad roads in the night and not because he fears God at all.
Re: Christains ,i Need You Here Please. by MissyB1(m): 6:15pm On Aug 01, 2008
Thanks also atleast m learnin smtyns.

(1) (Reply)

Christians Need To Hear This / Weighed And Found Wanting / Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.