Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost (16950 Views)

Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me / Help Phpmyadmin Showing My Blank In Wamp. / Smf Installation On Localhost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost by sunday478(m): 5:34am On Dec 19, 2013
Hello house, am a newbie, I just install xAmpp on my windows, and move all my projects to htdocs folder, but the the projects are not loading, i don't get to see my Php code in the browser. Instead it is only showing the xampp index page. I am using the downloaded zip page from apachefriends.
Php my admin works.
Re: Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost by IamGodzilla: 6:31am On Dec 19, 2013
sunday478:

Hello house, am a newbie, I just install xAmpp on my windows, and move all my projects to htdocs folder, but the the projects are not loading, i don't get to see my Php code in the browser. Instead it is only showing the xampp index page. I am using the downloaded zip page from apachefriends.
Php my admin works.

Well, you might not be linkng to your script directly, have u tried this?
E.g if u have a script title page.php
Enter into your url
localhost/page.php
Re: Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost by sunday478(m): 7:52am On Dec 19, 2013
Iam_Godzilla:

Well, you might not be linkng to your script directly, have u tried this?
E.g if u have a script title page.php
Enter into your url
localhost/page.php
thanks for ur help on both threads, I have tried both, but it kept saying url not found. It always use the Url:Localhost/xampp,
Instead of reading from the localhost folder
Re: Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost by Afam4eva(m): 7:54am On Dec 19, 2013
Have you started the XAMP?
Re: Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost by sunday478(m): 10:04am On Dec 19, 2013
Afam4eva: Have you started the XAMP?
yes, it is alreadystarted , phpmyadmin page shows, but my code, will not show.
Re: Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:52am On Dec 19, 2013
how do you want code to show in a browser?

if you have a file named, jide.php in the httdocs folder, you can access it in your browser via; localhost/jide.php
Re: Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
Access ur file via localhost/thepagename.php
Re: Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost by IamGodzilla: 2:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
sunday478: thanks for ur help on both threads, I have tried both, but it kept saying url not found. It always use the Url:Localhost/xampp,
Instead of reading from the localhost folder

Ok uhm, try this...
In your htdocs folder where the script is located, say page.php

Right click on the script, open page with
Any of your preferred browser

Then when it opens, at the url bar, u should see a url like: c:/xampp/htdocs/page.php.
Now clear the c:/ to the htdocs/ and enter localhost/page.php .....and if that doesn't work
.. you should check your apache settings well. Or re-install
Re: Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost by sunday478(m): 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
Iam_Godzilla:

Ok uhm, try this...
In your htdocs folder where the script is located, say page.php

Right click on the script, open page with
Any of your preferred browser

Then when it opens, at the url bar, u should see a url like: c:/xampp/htdocs/page.php.
Now clear the c:/ to the htdocs/ and enter localhost/page.php .....and if that doesn't work
.. you should check your apache settings well. Or re-install
ok, am considering dat re,install of a thing
Re: Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost by soloqy: 7:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
Make sure you are not missing something. Are your projects in different folders?

If you have a folder example named projects in the htdocs folder, remember you need to specify the correct file path?

The fact that phpMyadmin shows , means there is nothing wrong with the install.
Re: Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost by sunday478(m): 10:19pm On Dec 19, 2013
The paths are correct. And considering a reinstall
Re: Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 20, 2013
@OP

If Xampp aint working for u, You Can try Wamp.. Make sure u uninstall it properly as it might conflict with your new installation of Wamp..
Re: Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost by kombo(m): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2013
I think here is the problem... let me paint a scenario so you understand... in your htdocs folder, you pasted your project folder too, and you have the [b]file [/b]inside... type in your browser

localhost/(project Folder Name)/(file name).php

make sure you have started your server before doin this... better still present us screenshots so we can help out. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland / Wikipedia’s Most Popular Articles Of 2023 / We’ll Give 10 Million Nigerians Free Internet Access – Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.